Life On The Sreet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I narrow my eyes and think hard about her suggestion... that's a smart idea... but one I'd only execute once I know you won't screw up. You need to show me I can trust you before you can expect me to do such things under me. Try to look at this from my point of view Indie.

"Okay," Indie strugged. She saw it as betrayal to them both by 'working' for them both. Really she just wanted to learn everything.

I look at her and say if you choose to train with me but I find out your working with Ignatius I'll have no choice but to kill you and him. I personally do not have a current wish for his elimination so I'd rather you choose a side and stick with it. It's getting late and you should go to the the room and sleep. If you're hungry there's food in the kitchen.

Indie thought about that. She'd like to be a shadow. She'd also wanted to sleep. "I'm gonna have to think. It's a pretty hard decision. Practically controls my future." If I have one. She went back into the bedroom, and although the bed was comfortable, she was not here to feel the luxury of life, and lay on the floor like the bed was non-existent.

I get to my feet and go past the room where Indie was sleeping. I walk to the end of the hallway and open a door that leads into a large room. The walls of the room were completely covered in weapon racks and weapons of all types are Sat upon them. In the back of the room there's a clear area for training without a dummy. the room had targets and dummies as well. This was my training room.
I grab a throwing knife and start throwing them at a dummy across the room... my knife hits the dummy right in the forehead. I retrieve the knife and continue to practice.

Indie didn't sleep. She stared at the ceiling, thinking. She'd got into a mess. Still, she valued what little life she'd scraped, but trust she valued more...and she wouldn't get much trust being a shadow.

Right now would be a good time for someone to tell me what to do who's just watching from the sidelines.

I wipe the sweat off of my face with a towel... I'd removed my hoodie and now wear only my brown leather clothes (pic)

Indie eventually started to fiddle around with the bed. Maybe it had an operating system or...

"How does this thing work?" she thought, before slipping under it and seeing the boards. "Oh, so that's how the comfy stuff stay on..."

They walked on the street again as he looked to the sky. It was getting darker and few people were still on the streets walking around. The moon was almost full right above their heard. "I like that. The park it is." He glanced back at her and smiled slightly, walking to the park's direction crossing the street.

He continued quietly until in a few minutes they were at the principal gate. Lots of trees, grass, bushes, and fountains with benches around were for them to use at will. A river at the very end ran wide and beautiful along the park as well as a small lake with several fish. He liked this place as he could find anything vital to live, now he had someone to share that with.

"I'm so sorry." Ever said, putting her arms down slowly. She walked over to Ignatius cautiously, like he was a wounded animal that she didn't want to startle, and sat by him. She put one of her hands into his and squeezed it gently. She knew what it felt like to lose someone very important. She knew that the pain never really went away. And to suspect that someone murdered him probably just made it worse. The constant question of the unknown always nagging at him must be torture to go through every day. "He sounds like he was a really great person."

(OOC: Hey guys! I'm back! I took a trip to the hospital yesterday, but I'm better today!)

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

"Yeah. He was the best man I've ever known." He smiled, then squeezed her hand back, grateful for her presence. "I think you would have liked him. He would have liked you. Woulda said you were brave. Gotta admit though, I'll never live up to him. He saved so many lives, and I'm just here. I'm doing what I can, but innocent people are still dying everyday." He shifted uncomfortably, the bruises on his neck twinging, then looked up at her, studying her face for a few seconds.

"You know... I think I really will tell you about these someday," he mused, gesturing to his neck. "The bruises, I mean. I just... I'm not ready. I trust you, but I've never told a soul about it. Well then again, I've been alone for two years, so there really wasn't anyone to tell anyway. I'd like you to know someday, I think. It's something I'm really ashamed of." He reached up and ruffled his hair. "So. What do you want to do now?" he asked. "More training? Or do you want to go outside and just wander for a bit? I'm down for either."

((Thank goodness you're okay :) I was worried!))

Ever pondered this for a minute. On the one hand, she felt like she was going to turn into a puddle of goo if she had to train for one more moment, but on the other hand, she really wanted to train. After a few moments of thinking, she made up her mind.
"Let's go outside and wander. We should probably find a newspaper in case another World War broke out without us knowing." She said with a smile. One of the disadvantages of living on the street would be never really knowing what was happening in the outside world…but hey! No annoying newscasters to listen to every morning!

Reactions: Sycamore

"A newspaper?" Ignatius wrinkled up his nose. "Ah, yeah, you guys actually like reading. I'm literate, which is more than most people who live my kinda life can say, but I don't really read books and poems and the like. It's always been... kind of hard for me, I guess you could say."

The truth was, the eighteen year old hated reading. He'd stopped one day in the middle of a sentence and simply closed the book, tossing it on the shelf where it still sat, a thick film of dust obscuring the satin bindings. Ignatius had long forgotten the title of the book, but he still remembered the story as though it were yesterday. "What do they know about living on the streets?" he had cried angrily, storming around the room as Navis tried to calm him. "Ignatius," his mentor had said, "Ignatius, it's just a boo--" "Well, I hate it! I hate how they pretend to know how hard it is. Those rich bastards sitting in their homes with their fireplaces and feasts and parties. I hate them. I hate all of them. I hate the rich!"

"But now," Ignatius thought, "I guess they might not be that bad. Ever's a decent person. But she's different from them. She didn't stay with them. She's staying with me. So does she count as a rich person or not?" "Well, let's go then," he smiled. "If you want a newspaper, you can just nab one off of someone's front porch. S'not like they'll care that much. They've got televisions and cell phones and internet and all sorts of rich-people things. They'll be fine without a newspaper. So. Shall we go?" he held open the door to the staircase.

((OOC: Such character development wow :3
BTW, the pinkish text is a flashback. I'll do that from now on.))

Ever stood up happily and bounded over to the stairs. As they made their way up the main level of the church, and odd feeling struck her. It was like a ball was sitting in the center of her stomach. With a jolt, she realized that the feeling was envy. She shot a look at Ignatius and frowned to herself for a moment. She was jealous because of what he had. She realized that she was frowning and quickly put a small smile back onto her face.

'Don't be an idiot.' She thought to herself. But the way that he talked about the man who raised him made her realize that she had never had anyone like that. She was jealous that she didn't even have a bond like that with anyone in her own family. Her own flesh and blood. Wasn't she supposed to be close to someone? Anyone? She tried to sift through her memories, looking for someone that she had completely trusted and relied on. There was nobody. She had lived in a world of elegance. There was no place for emotions there. As soon as they were on the streets again, she felt the crisp air clear her mind a bit. She tried to shrug off the feeling as she scanned the area for a lone newspaper.

"What a strange expression," Ignatius thought, turning his head slightly to the side as he always did when he felt puzzled. He frowned slightly as she went on as though there was nothing wrong, even though the tension had not yet left her shoulders. For the love of life, the silver haired boy couldn't think of what was wrong, and it bothered him. Ignatius didn't like not knowing things. Not knowing things often led to injuries and mistakes. It was a thief's business to know every little nook and cranny, literally and figuratively. He shoved his hands in his pockets and searched around for a newspaper, still watching Ever out of the corner of his eye.

"There's one over there," he called to her, pointing out the rolled up paper lying on someone's porch steps. Retrieving it, he made his way back to her side and held out the newspaper. Before she could take it, though, he snatched it away from her fingers. "Let's make a trade. The paper for whatever's biting you. Sorry if I'm being nosy. Is it something you can't tell me?"

Ever crossed her arms and scowled lightly at Ignatius. He was doing it again. Having someone want to know about how she was feeling was a bit unsettling. But she couldn't deny the sense of trust that she shared with him. It was easy to talk to him, unlike everyone in the life that she had led before this.

"You seem very interested in my feelings. It's odd." She remarked, leaning against the picket fence of a random house. Her eyes drifted to the sky and the small frown returned to her face. "Alright. I'm jealous of you. I know that it sounds stupid, but you don't realize what you had. You had someone who cared about you, who honestly cared about your well-being. That isn't something that money can buy. You may think that being rich is great, but money can't buy love. And that's exactly what you had."

She pressed her lips together tightly at the end of her speech to cut off her rambling. For a moment, she was shocked. How had that all spilled out? She was usually good at locking things away. An embarrassed blush dusted her cheeks as she held out her hand for the newspaper.

Ignatius shrugged at her comment about his interest in emotions, kicking at a stray pebble on the sidewalk and watching in bounce away into the street. "Sorry. I don't mean to be nosy. I'm just not stupid enough to think that emotions don't matter. That they don't have an impact on how people act. So, you know, feelings really matter. That's all, really. Maybe to you and the wealthy, it's weird, but out here on the streets, sometimes feelings are all we've got. And sometimes, not even that. So yeah. Even if you think I'm nosy or annoying, I'll always ask how you're feeling."

"No, I know what you mean," he continued after she finished talking. "I know how valuable it is to have someone who loves you. I wasn't an orphan when I met Navis, you know. I was five, and my parents were so poor, they couldn't even afford stale bread. I was the youngest of six, and I know that my father kicked me out onto the street with the full intention of having me either freeze or starve to death. I was just another mouth to feed. I was less than useless. But you're right. Love is better than being rich. I know that what I had was irreplaceable. Priceless. I'd take Navis over all the money in the world. And I'd give all of it to have him back." He handed over the newspaper wordlessly, then chuckled. "But it's very interesting to hear you say that you're jealous of me. I'll bear that in mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.