Life On The Sreet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever shuddered when Ignatius showed her his scars. She had never been one to be comfortable with broken bones, blood, or any kind of injury at that. Her mother was a nurse, and had brought back quite a few stories from the hospital, which she loved to explain in detail. When he asked her how long she had been on the streets for, she had to ponder it for a moment. It had been a while since she'd seen the date.
"Almost a year, I think. I had gotten by for a while on a bit of jewelry that I sold, but, uh. Something happened to the money a while ago, so now I've been living off of whatever I could find." She said, putting the bread down. She had started to feel a bit queasy, and didn't want to try her luck by eating anything else. Ever tucked her legs against her chest and set her chin on her knees. "And now I'm here."

He sighed as she said that she was okay. So she did stealed. Even if she had the better intentions and it was for him, it didn't matter. He imagined that when she ran out of the store and with some guys behind her. "Zoey, don't steal. I don't mind you spending it all. If they ever catch you, they will not care you are a girl or how young you are. They will beat you so you would learn. I'm warning you, if I ever see that, I will kill them. I had killed before, a lot. I don't mind to keep doing it." He told her serious as she took his arm and walked back to the roof. He thought about leaving. Keep going on an infinite path that never lead him anywhere. They reached the rooftop again and he could stop from stumbling to then fell on his knees. He didn't feel okay, not anymore. He hated to be a load for her, he had to get better, if not, he would leave in the night when she was asleep. If she kept caring for him, she will loose focus's on herself, and he wasn't going to risk her.

They arrived in the rooftop and he fell on his knees, seeing him like that was killing her, did he get that bad because of what she did? Did he really care that much?
"Hey" she muttered in a low and sweet voice, sitting down on her own knees, in front of him. She watched him and put her hands on the sides of his face. "You don't need to kill anyone, I'm ok. I did steal before, and I'm usually not stupid, but maybe today I was. I wasn't cautious, that's all. Anyways, I won't do it anymore if it's important to you." she said with a comforting smile. "Now, why don't we take care of that wound so that we can have a nice lunch together?" finally asked him, gently pulling her hands off his face.

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

Ignatius lowered his shirt quickly when he saw the expression on Ever's face. "Sorry. Didn't realize that it would make you uncomfortable. Most kids out here have seen worse, so I didn't think much of it. Anyway, so I suppose you can stay here as long as you want, but I can't just let you stay for free. And don't worry, I'm not asking too much! I'm only asking that I can teach you to be a thief. To be able to steal and fend for yourself. I can protect you as long as you stay here, but I can't guarantee how long that'll be." Leaning forward and folding his hands under his chin, his voice softened. "I know you probably can't think you can do it. Believe me when I say that you won't survive another month once winter comes. And believe me when I say that I've seen kids shyer and less brave than you become great thieves."

Ever shuddered when Ignatius showed her his scars. She had never been one to be comfortable with broken bones, blood, or any kind of injury at that. Her mother was a nurse, and had brought back quite a few stories from the hospital, which she loved to explain in detail. When he asked her how long she had been on the streets for, she had to ponder it for a moment. It had been a while since she'd seen the date.
"Almost a year, I think. I had gotten by for a while on a bit of jewelry that I sold, but, uh. Something happened to the money a while ago, so now I've been living off of whatever I could find." She said, putting the bread down. She had started to feel a bit queasy, and didn't want to try her luck by eating anything else. Ever tucked her legs against her chest and set her chin on her knees. "And now I'm here."

Ever looked down at her hands, her expression deep in thought. Could she really become a thief? He knew that he wasn't lying when he said that she wouldn't survive when winter fell, and honestly the thought of her dying alone on the streets terrified her. She remembered a few times at the end of last winter when she had first ran away, finding a place to fall asleep and wondering if she would ever wake up again. She would also learn how to fend for herself. The men on the streets wouldn't be able to hurt her anymore. This thought brought a small smile to her lips. And he was offering to teach her to fend for herself, protect her so the obvious choice would be so say yes. She looked back into his strange eyes, studying them for a moment before nodding.

"I'd like to stay and learn. I need to know how to fend for myself." Ever said, her expression becoming determined.

Name: Good luck finding out
Looks: my profile picture, but I don't have elf ears. Over the brown "clothes" in the picture I wear a completely black T-shirt that fit me rightly but allowed movement,and jeans. I wear brown combat boots. I always carry at least 10 knives with me. I am tall about 5'11.
Personality: I'll kill anyone who I feel like killing. I have been trained in the art of murder and stealing since I was 6. If anyone tries to hurt or catch me they find only shadows... I'm a master in the art of self preservation and if killing my own partner keeps me alive... then they will die.
Reason for being on the streets: I was the daughter of 2 masters of stealth. My mother was a theif, my father a killer. One day when I was just 10 our hide out was discovered by a bounty hunter,my parents didn't know . I spoke to him and offered my to kill my parents in order to remain free. He accepted and I slit their throats as they slept. I then killed the bounty hunter and after that I began my life as a shadow in this vile city.
Likes: Murdering, stealing, freedom, food, screaming victims, roof jumping, scaling skyscrapers, and a show. I'm a woman of refined yet simple tastes.
Dislikes: smiles, happy songs, annoying things, and things of that sort.
How long have I been on the streets: since I was born.
Extra: I wear armor that belonged to my mom. It's meant to allow for easy movement and it hides more things than it looks.

I watch the pests of the street. That one from the clock tower had been recruiting today. I smirk, and turn to look at a pair of people on a roof. One was that rich girl who'd run from home because she didn't want to marry someone. The other... oh my, I smile, how delightful. It was that 26 year old man...the one who kept himself all hidden behind his bandages. He carried a katana with him and was named Saigo. I knew all the supposed thieves in this City... none were even considered a threat to me. Not one even knew I existed... or that I knew their identities and appearances.
I was watching them from the tallest point of view in the city, a giant skyscraper that allowed my eagle eyes to see even the smallest details of the city from above. I was alone on this building but a the street rat Meely watched the city on a building below hers.

Ignatius smiled at the glint in her eyes. "I expected no less of you," he said, nodding firmly. "You got spirit. I could see that in you from thirty feet away," he laughed, thinking back to when he first saw her on the street.

"I guess we can start first thing tomorrow morning," he said. The silver haired male got up and strolled over to the only window in the underground room, a small thing that was partially underground, covered by metal bars, and offered a limited view of the sky above the buildings outside. "But you must be exhausted. Pick one of the beds and get to sleep. Training starts tomorrow, alright? If you need anything, I'll be right here." He sat down in front of the glowing embers and coaxed them slowly into a small flame, tossing on a couple dry sticks. There was no electricity in the small basement, but there was a supply of running water and a series of lamps and candles provided a warm, flickering light.

((OOC: I propose a time skip, but we should probably wait for the other group to finish their stuff and then we can maybe skip to the next morning... I kinda just took control because I was the first person to reply to the thread, haha oops))

Ever smiled at the compliment and watched Ignatius move to a window. She yawned, full realization of how tired she was suddenly crashing down on her. She laid down on the bed that she was currently sitting on and curled into a tight ball. She took the silver ring that she always carried out of her pocket and squeezed it between her fingers as she tucked her hands against her chest. How did her day turn out like this? She started hungry, cold, and on the streets, and now here she was. Fed, warm, and in the basement of a church. Her eyes slowly fluttered shut and her mind drifted from the room and into the sky. Of course once she fell completely asleep, the nightmares came, but tonight they weren't as bad as usual. And she had an idea of why.

I watch them from the building, smirking. I'd continue to watch them...it might prove to be quite entertaining.

Ignatius stared outside at the few passerbys, listening to Ever's breathing slowly fade into the steady, rhythmic breaths of sleep. He made his way towards the door to their hidden shelter, pausing for one second to look back at the curled up figure before turning around and shutting the door behind him with barely a creak. There was business to be done tonight if he wanted to provide enough funds to support both himself and Evangeline.

He walked silently towards the red light district, hood drawn over his silver hair in hopes that no one would recognize him as he disappeared into the back alley of the district's most famous brothel, the Red Ribbon, a place filled with the most physically attractive males and females who were desperate enough to sell their own bodies for cash. The pay was good. He could easily earn a hundred per night, but Ignatius always wondered what Navis would say if his old mentor, tutor, and replacement father had seen him in a place like this. "He'd slap me and call me a fool, is what he do," Ignatius thought as he tied the red ribbon around his neck, the object that gave the place its name.

Several hours later, at around three in the morning, Ignatius limped home. The client tonight had been particularly rough, even for a street rat like him. Bruises appeared on his collarbone and his wrists, and the eighteen year old winced in pain as he made it down the steps to the church basement, breathing a sigh of relief to see that Evangeline still slept. Knowing he'd have to wake up in about four hours, he lowered himself gingerly onto one of the beds, curling up under the covers.

((Yes, he is what you think he is D; poor Ignatius </3))

Ever didn't wake up to the sun in her eyes or a nightmare, like usual, but peacefully slipped back into consciousness. She blinked a few times, and looked around. Where was she? Then the memories of yesterday flooded back into her mind. She smiled happily and sat up with a yawn. Today, things were going to change. Ever swung her legs over the side of the bed and stretched. As she stood up, she rubbed her eyes to try and fully wake up and looked around.

Ignatius was sleeping on a nearby bed, but something was off. He wasn't relaxed in his sleep. Ever was tempted to walk over and investigate further, but she decided that that would be pretty creepy. And, honestly, she didn't want to get kicked out on her first day for being a creep. So she picked up the apple that she was too full to eat last night, off of the bed and took a bite out of it, almost moaning when the sweet flavors filled her mouth. She walked to the window and looked outside curiously, her eyes watching the early risers go about their business.

I stand just outside the clock tower sneering at it. I personally found it hilarious that the "leader" of the group of theives.... was what he was.
"talk about desperation," I mutter in amusement to myself. I was able to see him pretty often. I also hung around the Red Robin some nights to look for potential victims. And also to be amused by the desperate people there. Of course anyone who tried getting close to me in my anonymously permanently reserved room were mysteriously found dead soon after.
...such a pity.

((I can't really keep up anymore, so I'm dropping out.))
All of a sudden Charlie started attacking me, finally biting at my neck. All was dark and calm.

I see through the window that the girl calling herself Ever was awake and instantly shrink back vanishing from view. Only a flash of golden hair disappearing into the crowd of people walking around alerts Ever to anyone ever being there.

Ignatius, my boy... why...? The man turned around, but his face was not that of the smiling forty year old that Ignatius remembered, but a mask of rotting skin, the lips cracked and torn and dripping with infection, the eye sockets empty and filled with crawling maggots. Ignatius tried to push himself away from the figure, distance himself as much as possible. "N-no, no..." he stammered as the figure drew closer to him, a green, skeletal hand reaching out for his eyes--

"No!" Ignatius sat up in bed, glad of the pain that streaked through his bruised and battered body because it meant that he was still alive. He ran his hands through his hair and sighed, a long deep thing that expelled all the air from his lungs and made him look more like the tiny five year old lying cold and nearly dead at a church doorstep many years ago than a eighteen year old who could melt into shadows and enter pockets like the breath of the wind. "I haven't had that dream in ages," he thought, rubbing his hands up and down his arms in an attempt to regain warmth. It was almost uncomfortably warm in the room, and yet, Ignatius felt as cold as a long-forgotten grave. He glanced over at Evangeline. "Sorry about that," he laughed nervously. "Just a nightmare."

Ever jumped and whipped around to look at Ignatius in alarm. When she saw that everything was fine, she leaned back on the wall in relief. He said that it was just a nightmare, and she smiled at him and walked over to stand by him.
"It's fine. We all get them." She said gently, trying to reassure him slightly. She spotted a few bruises on his collarbone that hadn't been there last night. How could he have gotten them? She peered at them and turned to him with confusion evident in her face. "What happened to your shoulder?"

(I don't know you, but I'm sad that you're going!!)

His red eyes watched her, his breathing long and forced. "Its not because I care, but because you may get hurt." He said simply, a part of him glad she was willing to stop just because it was important to him. He felt her hands soft against his hot skin. It relaxed him that her hands were colder than his face. He was getting tired of that headache of his. He nodded and sighed as he stood up again, walking to the wall besides the door to sit there and lay against the wall. He started removing all the bandages from his neck, chest, and abdomen until they were all gone. His body was well toned and filled with several scars of all sizes and forms. A big tattoo marking the left half of his frame and then going in spiral down his left arm reaching his hand. The wound was bleeding again, staining his abdomen to his black pants. He sighed and looked at her with a slight smile so she wouldn't be so worried.

Name: Nate Ernil
Looks:
LBjYzZF.jpg

Personality: Loner, and a skeptic. Takes a while to begin to grow a liking to others.

Reason for being on the streets: His parents worked for a living. He wasn't rich or middle-class, but he wasn't poor either. All of that changed one day when his mother got a new job at an apartment as a maid, and ended up disappearing not soon after taking the job. His father was overcome with grief at the loss and killed himself shortly thereafter.
Dislikes: The rich, and Whoever killed his mother.
How long they have been living in the streets: Just over 2 years since his parents untimely demise.
Extra:
- Nate had learned how to survive quickly after the little money he was left with all but dried up, he resorted to pick pocketing and stealing as a means of coming across enough money to survive another week or two.
- Took a liking to the tall buildings and easily accessible roof tops (if you know where to look), and prides himself in his agility, and speed when it comes to traveling by rooftop and alley-way.
- Not as good of a fighter as he is at simply leading what are usually unthinkable chases for his pursuer, but if cornered he has picked up how to fight since he's first been on the streets, although he's not very good at fighting.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nate sat on a neon sign about mid-way up a building that he assumed to be a secret brothel; due to the red scarf tied around the sign a few feet below his feet; the building was located outside the red light district of the city and was advertised as a pawn shop yet Nate knew better than to trust a book by its cover... Or in this case a shop name.

He was perched just high enough to be out of sight and ear shot from any passerby below him but not too high as to not be able to see the people himself. After all, how could he pick out the rich, and the unwise if he were too far away, he would never know whose purse would be easy pickings like that. Nate noticed a rumbling in his stomach, *I need to get something to eat* he thought, "But first I'm going to hit that guy with the funky hat and purple pants, he seems like he's got enough money to go around" he said to himself.

As he started to stand he couldn't help but notice what looked like a girl that did not belong in the crowd, it wasn't her clothes or her movements that gave her away... But rather her hair, it was too nicely combed out and shiny to be just your average street rat, and yet her clothes fit in just fine. "Weird, I'd rather not mess with her, but what is she looking at so intently?" Nate mumbled as he began to sit back down intending to find out. The girl turned and walked away as quickly as he had noticed her, and in the small hole she left through the crowd Nate was able to see a girl with Blonde hair through a window as she watched the people in the streets before the crowd filled back in. *Oh. She was watching her watch people while I watch her...* he let out a chuckle of laughter at the confusing thought and decided to stick around and watch for a bit longer.

DAMN IT that stupid boy Nate had seen her!... no matter... She would deal with him if he became a problem.He hadn't seen her for long though this was good.

He smiled slightly in response to her gentle reassurance, then slid his coat up to hide the bruises, covering his chest with his arm. "I-it's nothing," he muttered. "I got hurt yesterday and the bruises just popped up at night." He was lying through his teeth, and she probably knew it. Suddenly, he stood up and walked towards the closet, taking out cereal and a couple oranges. He plopped the box of cereal on the table, "sorry, we haven't got milk. It doesn't stay long in a place like this," and tossed her an orange. "Make sure you eat that," he said. "Scurvy is a hellish thing to live through." Peeling the orange quickly, he popped a slice into his mouth and chewed, nudging a mirror with his foot. Through an ingenious setup of mirrors and a clear water bottle taped to the ceiling, the room was suddenly lit as though with electrical light.

"Nice, innit?" he grinned. "Navis taught me how to do that. Anyway, what do you say we start training?"

Status
Not open for further replies.