Life, Love, and the Foster Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce noticed the tiny shiver and Bryce's kindness actually showed when he took off his jacket and handed it to her, "Here, you should put this on. You look like you are getting cold," before she could object he added,"I am actually getting hot so I don't want it on."

Cheyenne took the jacket after he butted in and wouldn't let her object. She slipped it over her shoulders and put her arms through the arm holes, pulling it tight.
Although it was big on her, it was soft and already had his body heat lingering in it so it was already starting to warm her up."Thanks,"she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

He chuckled as they continued walking to the house, "Don't mention it," he paused for a moment, "So how long have you been singing?"

"Um, ever since I was little but I've only been doing it for competition since freshman year,"Cheyenne says staring at her feet and the sidewalk below her as they all ed to the house.

He raised an eyebrow as they made it to the porch of the house. He turned to her, "Not going to lie, that is actually quit impressive. Do you plan on becoming a professional singer?"

"Um well I never really thought about it,"she says."Maybe as a side job but I've always liked kids. I always considered teacher but I'm not sure anymore,"she says thinking again and opening the door for them.

He holds the door allowing her to walk in first, he walks in shortly after her, the kids were already in bed, "Honestly I think that would be a perfect job for you. The foster kids really seem to like you."

"I'm glad, they're all sweet,"Cheyenne says smiling and walking in. She stops at the bottom of the stairs where the attitude was."Well...goodnight then,she says starting to walk back in her own room.
Cheyenne lays on her bed and remembers she forgot to give him her jacket so she rushes back out to him and chuckles, handing him his jacket."Thanks again. It's really warm."

He chuckles as he takes his jacket, "Anytime Cheyenne," he paused for a moment, "Well goodnight I am going to head to my room." He says as he walks into the attic. Once he gets into his room he plops down on his bed playing the scenes of tonight in his head over and over again. She didn't seem to be that scared of him tonight.

Cheyenne says goodnight and walks back to her room, lying on her bed and soon falling asleep. She was more tired than she ever thought. She rolled in her sleep and woke up many times during the night, but eventually woke up and it was light outside.
Looking at her clock,she saw that I was nearly 4 in the morning. She yawned and sat up, making sure not to wake sleeping Jess beside her.

Around 6 Am Bryce woke up and let out a loud yawn. He normally wouldn't get up this early on a weekend but he had work to do... He was going to fix up that truck, teach Cheyenne how to drive and let her keep it. He actually had quit a bit of money in the bank for all the tournaments he won. He went downstairs and saw Cheyenne, "Hey Cheyenne. What is your favorite color?"

Cheyenne looked up from a book she was reading for telling third time, seeing that it was the old book she had, and looked towards Bryce. "Huh? Um I don't know. It depends I guess,"she says chuckling."Why?"she asks cautiously.

Reactions: Bryce
He shrugs and gave her his signature smirk, "Just curious. I will be back later I gotta go do something." He said bolting out the door heading to the bank. Once he got the money he went to the store. The truck was rusty an old it needed new paint and needed to be waxed. He eventually just decided on a dark purple and grabbed other supplies to fix the truck.

Cheyenne thought to herself a moment about why Bryce would want to know that but eventually just continues reading hey book. After awhile she gets up and changed into nicer clothes and packed some extra clothes. Grabbing her bag and her money, she walks downstairs and texts Ryan to tell him she's ready for her competition.
After Ryan got there and picked her up, she searched through her contacts until she finally found someone with Bryce number. She texted him quickly telling him she was leaving for her competition and to let her know if they needed anything from the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce quickly hide the paint in the old shed. Just to be sure she doesnt see it. Better safe than sorry. He walked back over to the truck and got to work. He truly loved working on cars. He feels more relaxed and calm about things. Hey just then got a text losing his train of thought and read the text.
He texted back, 'Ok good luck. Make sure to come over here when you are done.'

Cheyenne reads the text quickly before turning on her music and tapping her foot nervously as Ryan drove the two hours away to her competition.
When they arrived at where she was performing, they got something to drink and Ryan ate, Cheyenne skipping food and letting Ryan scold her for not eating.
As Cheyenne warmed up she thought about last night when she was out walking with Bryce and taking.

As Cheyenne was at the competition Bryce decided to start the car to see if it would work. And sure enough it did. He listened to the engine run for a few seconds before turning it back off. He smiled to himself and got out of the car and to the shed grabbing the paint and wax, setting them beside the car quickly scrubbing the truck clean before he put the paint on. Nobody knew this but he was also a really artistic person. Once he cleaned the windows and the inside he got to work on painting it. By this moment he had some dirt on him here and there and occasionally some purple paint.

Cheyenne walled into the room with the judge slowly and nervously, sitting down at the piano and teaching a deep breathe. As she started to play, she thought about her mom and her old house when they use to be a happy family.
Cheyenne began singing softly and played get music and sang the lyrics with passion. As the song came to an end the judge smiled and clapped, letting Cheyenne leave the room.

After about a good half an hour Bryce finished the paint which finally dried an hour and a half later. While he waited for to dry he went into the inside of the truck making it look a lot nicer. Now for the final touch he added the wax then put a big white sheet over the truck, then he put all the stuff he used in the shed. Now it was time to wait.

After Cheyenne and Ryan went to buy a few things, they started driving back to her old house whet Bryce and the truck were. Cheyenne yawns and changed into a more comfortable pair of yoga pants and a long sleeved shirt at a gas station.
When they got to the house she got out and told Ryan she would walk home and have him a hug before walking behind the house and towards the truck with a white sheet over it. Cheyenne looked between the truck and Bryce confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.