Life, Love, and the Foster Home

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sighed tossing the keys back to her and buckled up, "You act like you are concerned for me," he teased then added, "Just make sure you press the gas lightly."

Cheyenne starts the car and chuckles, a real chuckle and a real smile. Not something that she does very often. Turned back to the wheel, she starts to press on the gas so lightly that it doesn't press down enough to move. She groans,"It won't move. I pressed on it lightly like you said,"she says.
Leaning back against her seat, she looks over at him."Maybe this is just telling me I shouldn't drive,"Cheyenne chuckles.

He raised an eyebrow, "Then try pushing down a little harder. I'm not letting you get out of this that easily. I know for a fact it works."

Cheyenne groaned and held the steering wheel with both hands, slowly putting her foot on the pedal. She takes a small breath before pressing on the gas pedal. It shoots forward and Cheyenne stomps on the break. When the car stops, she holds her hands up and unbuckles.
"Nope. I'm done. I'm going to kill one of us,"she says turning the truck off."Did you get hurt? I told you I'm bad at driving. I don't want to wreck it. You made it look so pretty,"she says seriously, looking at him with her soft brown eyes.

Bryce couldn't help but chuckled at her reaction until she looked at him with her brown eyes which were filled with concern and he blinked a little surprised about her concern, "Yeah I am fine. Its no big deal, so you don't need to worry, " He rubs the back of his head.

Cheyenne groaned and sat back in her seat."I can't do this,"she says sighing and closing her eyes. She covers her face with her hands and shakes her head, starting the car again. She slowly presses down on the gas pedal again and stomps on the break nervously. She does it again but doesn't step on the break quite as much.

He smirks noticing her slowly getting better, "Can't do this my ass. You are doing great! Just make sure you check you review mirror as well when you drive from time to time."

Last edited:
Cheyenne started driving a little bit better and tried looking in her review mirror at the same time, but got nervous and jerk ed the steering wheel to the right. She straightened it back out and sighed."Getting better? You're full of it,"she say as she watches in front of her and checks her mirror again.
"So why do you like motorcycles so much?"she asks curiously, not daring to take her eyes off of the area she was driving on.

He was a little surprised about that question but answered anyways, "When I was 5 years old my uncle took me on a ride with him on his motorcycle," he shrugged, "And I have loved it ever since," he raised an eyebrow watching her for a moment then continued, "He and my sister are the only sane people in my family." He said with a light chuckle.

"I know what you mean,"Cheyenne says slowing to a stop."Well that wasn't that bad. I haven't killed you yet,"she chuckles, turning the truck off."We should probably go off. It'll start getting dark soon."

Bryce chuckled slightly, "Good point. I'll drive us home then. We have school tomorrow anyways, " he said getting out of the car to switch with her.

Cheyenne hopped out of the car and switched spots with him. She sat back and turned her head to stare out the window as they drove and she took a small breath. She looked at the time and tapped her foot on the floorboard.
She should've already had a call from the competition judge telling her if she made it to semi finals, but she had no missed calls. She sighs and looks back out the window, biting her bottom lip.
As Bryce drove her to their house, she got out and started walking in. She saw Destiny and Chase and Jess sitting up in the living room, waiting for them to get home.

Bryce came in behind Cheyenne with his hands in his pockets. He immidiatly sensed something was wrong, "Hey whats with the worried faces?"
Chase looked at him, "We can't find Connor!"
Bryce immidiatly tensed up, "What do you mean you can't find him?"
Chase frowned, "I don't know... he just wasn't here. We looked everywhere."
Bryce looked at Cheyenne with a serious expression then bolted out the door. He yelled, "Connor!" As he ran trying to search for the boy.

Cheyenne jumped and started to run after Bryce as he ran down the street. She finally caught up to him and grabbed his arm,"Bryce stop. Go to the school. Maybe he stayed after. I'll look around the rest of town,"she says panting. She starts running down the sidewalk towards a nearby park and looks around, yelling Connors name.

Bryce yelled to her as she ran, "YOU DON'T GET IT. THAT KID IS EXTREMLY SUICIDAL!" he he let out a low growl. Whatever, he didn't have time for this. He bolted the opposite direction still looking and yelling his name. Finally, Bryce found him in the distance at the train tracks just standing there waiting. He heard a train horn and it was coming closer, "Shit!" He said running towards him, "Connor!"

Cheyenne couldn't find Connor anywhere so she started sprinting back towards where she last saw Bryce and she heard a train and remembered what Bryce had yelled at her as she ran away to find him. She ran towards the train and saw Bryce running towards Connor on the train tracks. She ran towards them as fast as she could.

Bryce has never ran so fast in his life, he tackled Connor to the ground, away from the train just in time. Bryce quickly turned his body so that way Bryce would be the one to hit the ground, and Connor would be safe in his arms. Bryce fell to the ground with a thud, making an 'Oomph' sound as the train passed by. Bryce was panting looking up at the sky.

Cheyenne stopped as the train separated Connor and Bryce from her. She looked through the train and saw them on the ground and Bryce staring up at the sky.
After the train passed by, Cheyenne ran to the other side and helped Connor and Bryce sit up. She looked at Connor with tears in her eyes and then at Bryce, not knowing what to say or do. She was so dared that he was going to get this but Bryce had saved him.

Connor cried, "Why didn't you just let the train hit me!?!" He said as Bryce sat up in a sitting position he rubbed the back of his head it was bleeding but he ignored it. He scowled slightly.
"Do you really think killing yourself is going to solve all your problem!?! Its not! Its never the answer. Suicide is the cowards way out." Bryce slowly stood up, stumbled a little bit but managed to keep himself stable. Connor stayed silent looking at Bryce shocked.

Cheyenne noticed that Bryce was stumbling and saw his head bleeding. She looked between the two and stood up."Connor why would you ever want to let that train hit you? Why don't you want to be alive?"she asks calmly, bending down beside him.
Connor looked st her and cried a little. Cheyenne wrapped her arms around him and gave him a long hug, Connor not letting go. Picking him up and wrapping his legs around her, Cheyenne started walking back with Bryce. By the time they got to the house, Connor had already fallen asleep. She looked inside the house and the kids were gone, probably already up in their rooms asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.