Life, Love, and the Foster Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce blinked clearly surprised she was doing this. But, why?... He didn't understand, you could even see the confusion on his face. He looked at the truck then at her, "Wait... Seriously you are going to let me drive it?" He rubbed the back of his head, "Well thanks!" He smiled lightly walking over to the car he examined it. He looked at it then at her, "You know I can fix it no problem... Actually do this all the time."

"Well if you can fix it, the keys are right here,"she says tossing the keys to him. Cheyenne looks it over again and sighs."It's not like I can drive it so go for it. There's not much that needs to be fixed, I think there's just something wrong with the brakes so I bought some new ones if you want to fix them and then you can drive it."
Cheyenne looks at Bryce again and touches the door of the truck and opens it, looking inside and shutting the door again."Do you like it?"

He catches the keys and nods, "Yeah thanks... you know if you want I can teach you how to drive. Its really not that harm. You will be a pro in know time!... Of course I would need to fix the breaks first" He smiled lightly then chuckled, he seemed a little more chill now.

Cheyenne nodded,"Yeah let's get it fixed first and then I might take a couple lessons,"she chuckled."My mom bought me this truck before... and I never learned how to actually drive it so it's just been here for a few years. I've tried driving it but I wasn't that good."
Cheyenne noticed that Bryce seemed more relaxed now but she wasn't much. She did feel a little bit better about being around him now but not much. She knew she'd get use to him eventually.

He listened to her and leaned his back against the truck. He waited until she was done speaking before he spoke.
"You must be really close to your mother..." he looked at her waiting for her to answer.

"I was. But she passed away a few years ago,"she says looking the other way towards the house."That's where we lived. Up until a couple years ago,"Cheyenne says remembering the night they moved like it was yesterday.

Bryce frowned slightly listening to her story... there is something they have in common... both their mothers are deceased, "I am very sorry to hear that. If it means anything I lost my mother as well, probably not by the same thing, but I know what that is like."

"Yeah its sucks. But we have to move on,"Cheyenne says taking a big breath and looking at him."So anyway.. you can fix the truck whenever you'd like and get it back on the road. It has good gas mileage and it drives good so I on think here's anything else that needs fixed,"she says thinking.
"Anyway, I'm going to head back to the house and shower. Today was a long day,"she says remembering him and his sister hearing her play and sing. Her cheeks turned a bright pink and she hopped that he couldn't tell since it was starting to get dark."I'm going out with Ryan tomorrow to practice for a competition and then we have to drive a couple hours away to find the results for my competition from yesterday. I'll probably be back late if we decide to go back. I need to go shopping anyway so I might just stay up there. If you need anything or the kids need anything just let me know."

Bryce smiled lightly, "Well since its getting dark I suppose I can start working on it tomorrow. So I am just gonna walk home with you." Then she mentioned the competition and that reminded him...
"Ohhhh yeah that competition. Thats right I should have told you earlier today but I was kinda ticked off at my sister... I am sure you will win the competition. You have a very beautiful voice and you are very talented."

"Thanks,"Cheyenne says blushing and looking the opposite way, walking beside him down the sidewalk."But there's still like three. I'm petitions before finals and there's a lot of people that's better than me. I mess up all the time and I had to teach myself.. everyone else had a professional teach them,"she says sadly.
Cheyenne starts worrying again as she thinks about finals coming up and she gets nervous about if she's going to win or not. If she does she'd be in the top ten out of the 500+ in the US that tried out.
Cheyenne sighed and looked out at a passing car and waited a few minute s before speaking."How long have you been boxing? You're really good! But I bet you get hurt a lot,"she says looking up at him.

Bryce raised an eyebrow. He was going to say she shouldn't work so hard but then stopped. He knew he would be a hypercrite if he did that. Instead he said, "Hey come on to me the way I see it you are going to win, no contest."
Then she asked him about his boxing, looking up at him with those brown eyes. He rubbed the back of his head, "Well thanks! I have actually been doing it since I was 12. Originally I did it for self defense but I really enjoyed it. It is good for getting ride of anger. So I have been doing it ever since." He then shrugs slightly, "And as for the hitting I had gotten really good at blocking and dodging so... of course I do have those moments when I fail... but I can handle it. I've been hit way worse in the past so it doesn't effect me really any more."

Cheyenne turned her head back down to look at he sidewalk as she walked."That's good. I can understand how it would help with anger. Music was always my 'thing',"she says chuckling."It still hurts though. Have you ever broken a bone because of boxing?"she asked curiously, using her small hand to push a strand of hair behind her ear.

Bryce thought for a moment then looked at her, "Actually yes I have. I broke my collar bone a couple years back. It was nottttt a pleasant experience for me," he said with a light chuckle, "I couldn't box for 4 months."

"Ouch that does sound like it would've hurt. Your collar bone? Wow,"Cheyenne says shocked."Boxing sounds really dangerous." She continued to stare forward and tap her hand against her leg as she walked, making a beat.
"At least you can still box though. It might've stopped your boxing career."

He smirked lightly, "Please if there I used one word to describe me I would use the word stubborn. I don't let anything stop me from doing what I want." He looked down at her, "I don't plan to stop boxing anytime soon but I am not sure if I want to become a professional boxer for the big leagues. Yeah its fun but I also wanna do something else," he thought for a moment, "Maybe it could be a side job or something..."

"What do you want to do?"she asked curiously, looking up at him with her big brown eyes full of curiosity. She quickly blinked and looked away from him and coughed a bit."Sorry,"she says softly for no real reason.

Bryce looked down at her and smirks, "Hey no need to be sorry!" He rubs the back of his head then a realization comes to Bryce, "Hey shouldn't you be getting some rest? You know for the competition?"

"I never really sleep much,"Cheyenne says shrugging."I'll be okay, I just need it to be here already. I actually should probably be practicing but I don't have a piano or anything. Those guys ripped up all my new lyrics so I don't have them anymore,"she says thinking to herself.
As Cheyenne tried to concentrate and think about her music, her eye brows furrow together and she bites on the bottom of her lip, a habit she had for many years.

Bryce frowned slightly remembering what those idiots did. Still all he did was let out a sigh. Then he notice her biting her lip, looking very concentrated... he actually thought she looked cute when she did this. Of course he already thought she was pretty to begin with...
He raised an eyebrow, "What are you thinking about?"

"Huh?"she asks looking up at him and stops biting her lip."Oh, um, I was just thinking about the competition and music and a lot of things,"Cheyenne says looking away again. She hated making eye contact with him or with anyone for that matter because she thought it let them see into her soul and it made her feel like they knew everything.
Cheyenne let out a small shiver as it started to get cold and she looked up and forward, seeing the house they were living in up ahead with all the lights off already.

Status
Not open for further replies.