Life, Love, and the Foster Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce sighed as he waited for his sister to show suddenly Autumn swung opened the door and grinned, "Bry Bry! I missed you!!!" She runs up to him and gives him a hug. He sighed as she said his old nickname and actually blushed slightly out of embarrassment. If anyone knew how to embarrass him it was his sister.
He hugged her back then looked at her, "I told you to stop calling me that!" He said still blushing.
Autumn grinned and lightly patted his cheek, "Oh don't be such a scrooge," she then looked around, "So where are the kids?" Just then the kids came running down greeting her. Bryce always thought she looked alot like their mother, same long curly black hair and emerald green eyes.

Cheyenne loved that the school was open on Saturday for kids to come in and practice with their clubs or sports, but she came for her music. She still hadn't gotten he results back from her competition so she didn't know if she would go to the next level. If she did though and then passed that level, she'd go to semi finals!
Ryan started looking through a book of Cheyennes songs and picked one for her to practice. As she started playing it she thought about Bryce and his site and started to wonder what she was like, and if Bryce would be leaving the foster house when he turned 18.
When she missed a note, Cheyenne quickly shook all the thoughts out of her head besides the music she was working on and just focused on the competition and her song.

As Autumn went on and on about the college life, Bryce couldn't help but think about Cheyenne... He wondered how long it would take for her to trust him... what happened that caused her to be sent to a foster home... His train of thought was interrupted when Autumn knocked on his head, "Helloooooo, earth to Bryce."
Bryce blinked, "What?"
She chuckled, "Looked like you were spacing out. By the way where is that new girl? I wanna meet her."
Bryce shrugged, "Probably at the school practicing for her music competition thing."
Her eyes lite up, "Music competition!?! I wanna watch her practice!"
Bryce blinked, "Uh... I don't th-"
"Come one Bry! Why not?"
He sighed, "For one she is terrified of me and second what makes you think I want to go?"
She rolled her eyes, "Either way you are still coming with me. And I will show her you are actually like big teddy bear!"
Bryce growled, "DON'T SAY THAT!" he says as she takes him by the wrist and walks out the door heading to the school.

Cheyenne sighed as she finished another couple songs and rubbed her hand where it was a little swollen from playing without stopping. Ryan took her hand and massaged the swollen spot and laughed at her."You practice too much. I'm sure the competition went great, stop worrying!"
"I'm not worrying,"she lied running her free hand through her hair."I'm just cautious. This is the big competition. What if I dont make it? There's a lot of other people better than me that have tried out,"she says worried.
"No there's not. You're going to do great and win first place. You deserve it and you will get that scholarship and that money,"Ryan says softly kissing her forehead.
"You can't tell anyone about the money and scholarship. No one else knows. I'll just be more of a disappointed if I don't make it,"she says sadly.
"You will never be a disappointment. Now play another song. Play another new one for me,"he said listening as she began playing a new song called "How the Rain Falls."

Just then Autumn walked into the room still having a hold of Bryce wrist. When they were finally in the room Bryce pulled his wrist away and let out an irritated sigh, "I swear sometimes you act like a child..."
Autumn faked a pout as Bryce crossed his arms and leaned against a wall, putting his right leg over to his left.
"Oh stop being so grumpy and be here to support her."
"She doesn't want me here remember? She is terrified of me." As they argued they made sure to keep their voices down.

Cheyenne sung softly and quietly, barely loud enough for Bryce and his sister to hear. After she finished the song she sighed and chuckled as Ryan clapped for her and wrapped his arms around her in a hug.
She buried her face into his neck and laughed."You did great. That was beautiful,"he said letting go of her. She chuckled and noticed Bryce and a girl standing behind them and her smile dropped and she looked shocked and mostly embarrassed.

Bryce stopped arguing once he heard Cheyenne sing... Holy... he turned his attention towards her an listened. She had the voice of an angel. He snapped out of it when she stopped and noticed them. He made himself look as if he was annoyed with his sister, which he still kind was, "Don't blame me I tried telling her not to go here or drag me. Told her you wanted to practice in peace and quiet."
Autumn rolled her eyes at him then walked over to Cheyenne with a big smile on her face, "Hiya! I am Autumn! Bry Bry's older sister."
Bryce's eyes widened slightly turning a deep shade of red... yes the mighty Bryce was actually blushing. He grit his teeth and snapped, "I told you not to call me that!"

Cheyenne paused slightly still not saying anything and looked between Bryce and his sister Autumn."I-i-i Cheyenne,"she stutters quietly."How long were you there?"she asks embarrassed.
She looks over at Ryan who had an evil smirk on his lips, sure enough he had saw them walk in. "Hi! I'm Ryan, Cheyenne's friend. How are you? I see your cheek is a little bruised but it looks nice,"he says remembering the fight the night before.

Autumn smiled, "Long enough. You have an amazing voice! You even made Bryce speechless!"
Bryce scoffed when Ryan said they were friends... right. How ever he didn't respond that much to it. Just scoffed. Then this Ryan dude asked about his cheek and shrugged, "I actually forgot it was there honestly, " and that was true. He did actually forget. He then looked at his sister, "See? I proved my point, she is terrified of me, its written all over her face. So there is no point in me staying here if she is all tensed." He said pushing away against the wall getting ready to leave, "I'll wait outside until you are done chatting."
"Bryce!" His sister yelled however he ignored her and walked out of the room. Autumn sighed then looked at Cheyenne, "Don't mind him. He is actually like a big teddy bear once you get to know him!"

Cheyenne watched Bruce walk out of the room shocked and she doesn't know whether to go after him or not. Ryan patted her shoulder and walked out the door and shut it behind him, standing cross from Bryce.
"It's not that she's terrified of just you, she's just been through a lot of hard things and she doesn't trust any guy,"he says laughing."But she'll come around eventually and stop jumping at everything you do."
Inside the room Cheyenne sat awkwardly and wasn't sure what to say or do."Bry bry? You mean Bryce?"she asked curiously.

Bryce stopped and looked at him expressionless. Damn... this guy sure is nosy. He crossed his arms, "Look she is terrified of me I can just tell. And lets just say I am not the kindest guy around. I just think me staying away from her as much as I can so sh doesn't freak out."
Autumn giggled, "Bry Bry is the nickname I gave him when we were kids. He hates it so that why I call him that, " slowly her face grew more serious, "Look I know he can seem scary at times but keep in mind thats just a mask. I mean yeah he is actually physically and mentally tough... But he hides his emotions and acts mean so he won't get hurt... He has been through alot, "suddenly she frowned, "We both have..." she looked where Bryce left for a moment then back at her, "And I only made it worse by leaving him alone with our father which I regret greatly. Just give him time and you will see he is just a big teddy bear." She smirks then, "And plus I know a few tricks on making him happy and to open up more."

"I think it would work better if we jsut stayed away from each other. He's made it blankly obvious that he doesn't want to talk to me and frankly I'm scared of him.. it's not just him either it's a lot of guys,"she says sighing."I probably won't be at the foster house for long anyway so there's no use in getting to know him.
"Ok ok fine,"Ryan says with his hands in the air."Stay away from her as much as you'd like. You're still living with her even for only a little bit. I'd hate to live with a stranger that's scared of me. Besides you don't seem that scary, no offense,"he chuckled.

Bryce rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah whatever man. Guess it doesn't matter cause I will be getting out of there in 2 months..."
Autumn smiled, Bryce doesn't have long either. 2 months until his birthday... Look all I am saying is just give him the benefit of the doubt. He may surprise you."

Cheyenne sighed,"Okay. Fine. I'll try,"she says as she sees Ryan come back through the door."Hey we got to get going if we're going to pick up James,"he says to Cheyenne.
Cheyenne stands up and grabs her jacket,"I'll talk to him later maybe, but I'm going to see my brother. It's the one day of the week I get to see him,"she says walking out of the room with Ryan.
Cheyenne looks at Bryce and starts to say something but pauses."I've got to go. I'll see you later at home I guess,"she says walking to Ryans car and getting in.

Bryce raised an eyebrow at her as he watched her leave, "Alright. See you then." He said tells Cheyenne then Autumn walks over to Bryce, "Wanna head back?"
Bryce nodded slightly, "Yeah lets go." He said as they walked back to the foster home. A few hours later Autumn finally left and Bryce was actually laying on his bed with one hand behind his head reading a book.

Cheyenne and Ryan went to pick up James and they took him out to eat and to the park to play. They played and talked for awhile before she looked st the time and they had to take him back to his foster home he was living at until he turned 18.
After dropping James back off at his house, Ryan took Cheyenne to her house and dropped her off. She walked up to her room and sat on her bed and remembered she didn't share a room with Bryce and walked to his room and knocked.

Bryce tilted his head up so he was looking at the door. Who the hell would that be? The foster kids were hanging with friends, Cheyenne was gone and the foster parent were at work. Still he shrugged it off and said, "Come in. Its opened." He looked back at his book then figured he may as well stop there and closed the book sitting up. He set the book on his pillow.

Cheyenne walked in slowly and looked at him,"Hi,"she says quietly."I wanted to show you something but I wasn't sure if you would meet me there so I wanted to see if you would come with me,"she says looking at him.
"You don't have to but it's there if you want to see it,"she says."We can go now or we can go another time.. or not if you don't want to,"Cheyenne says smiling at her feet.

He raised an eyebrow... at first he thought this was some kind of trick. Then he mentally shook that thought away. No, that is stupid. After a few seconds of silence suddenly a small smile appeared on his face as he stood up and put his hands in his pockets, "Sure," he says calmly, "Seems interesting."

Cheyenne nodded and walked down and grabbed a jacket before walking out of the house with him. She led him down the sidewalk, not really saying much, and they finally came to a medium size house.
She paused and looked up at it before walking past it and to a truck in the backyard."It needs a little work on, but for the most park I've fixed it and the house up. You can drive it if you'd like, I don't know how to drive,"she says looking at him.
"I remember you had your license just not a vehicle, and I have a truck but don't know how to drive. I figured you'd rather drive instead of walking everywhere,"she says looking back at the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.