Life, Love, and the Foster Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce had his back against a tree with his arms crossed waiting for her. When she got there with a confused look he simply smirked and tossed her the keys, "I don't want the truck. I want you to have it. I will teach you how to drive and all that but I want you to have it." he gestured toward it still smirking, "I fixed it up a little bit see for yourself."

"Why?"she asks walking over to him."I don't go many places.. aren't you going away in a few months when you turn 18? I figured you'd want something to drive,"Cheyenne says catching the keys and walking over to the truck. She touches the white sheet and pulls it off and looks at it, a smile spreading across her face.
"You painted it. And fixed it,"she says laughing."Why? You didn't have to.. I told you that it was yours. Why you fix it for me?"

Bryce smiled and shrugged, "I have enough money in the bank from all the tournaments I won. I'll get a motorcycle, those are more of my thing. Anyways I couldn't accept it because your mom gave it to you NOT me. I am sure your mother wants you to have it. I plan to get my motorcycle in a couple of days or so." He looks over at her, surprisingly his eyes changed to a different shade of grey. It was an intense storm like color. This happens on occasions, depending on his mood, "But look I do appreciate the gesture. It was really sweet, but I can't accept it."
Of course there was another reason he did what he did for her. But he wouldn't admit he was just being nice.

Last edited:
"Okay,"she says chuckling."I love it
It's beautiful. You painted it very well, do you paint or draw? You look like you'd be very good at it!"Cheyenne says running g her hand over the purple paint and walking to the drivers side.
She opens the door cautiously afraid to get behind the wheel. He had worked so hard on it and she didn't want to wreck and mess it up, especially since she had never drove before.

Bryce blushed faintly then rubs the back of his head, "I uh... mainly draw. But no one knows that..." his blush went away he notice she was scared, "You want me to show you how it is done first?"

"Yeah. I'm not sure I'm going to be that good of a driver,"Cheyenne says blushing and looking down. She steps away from the drivers side and watches him carefully.

He chuckled then took the keys from her and got the drivers side and buckled up, "Alright... just let me back out of the driveway." He fixed the mirror, then backed out of the driveway making sure he wouldn't hit something. He smirked, "Ok now I no a big parking lot space on main street. On the way there I will tell you all the stuff you need to know alright?"

Cheyenne nodded softly and sat in the seat beside him and buckled up, watching out the window as they drove away from her old, beat-up, white house.
As they drove, Cheyenne listened as Bryce tried to explain everything but she was still confused by the time they got to the big lot he was talking about. She groaned in frustration, hating that she couldn't understand how to drive a truck, and just watched as he did his thing.

Bryce sighed as he stopped the car in the abandoned parking lot. He looked at her and could tell she wasn't getting it, "Ok I can tell you are not getting it so here I will try a different method. Switch seats with me." He said as he got out of the car heading over to the passenger side.

Cheyenne gave Bryce a strange look as he talked and looked shocked as he got out of the truck."I-I'm not sure that's a good idea,"she says sliding over to the driver seat and waiting as he got in."If I can't understand it in words how am I suppose to actually do it?"she asks, her eyes going wide.

Bryce sighed, "Look I am not letting you drive right now. I am just using a different method to help you learn easier." He looked at her and took the keys, "See? You are not driving. I am just letting you learn from the drivers view point right now," he let out another sigh, "Ok do you know where the gas pedal is?"

"Well yeah its this one,"cheyenne says tapping the smaller pedal. She looks back up at Bryce, clearly relieved that he wasn't letting her drive. She definitely wasn't ready for that.
"And the other one is the brake,"she looks down at her feet and presses on the other one.

He nods, "Very good. Do you know where the windshield wipers are?" He raised an eyebrow looking at her. Getting ready to help her if she didn't have a clue.

"Um.. on the windshield?"Cheyenne asks looking for a button to turn them on."Where's the little button pulls thing at?"she asks searching for it.

Bryce let out a light chuckle. He decided he was going to try to see if she would flinch or anything. He very gently took her hand being sure not to scare her and placed it on the the stick behind the steering wheel then let go of her hand, "That controls the windshield wipers."

Cheyenne did jump slightly at his touch and felt bed, so she held her breath and waited until he let go of her hand. She nodded after he finished talking and she dropped her hand."Oh. Okay,"she says cautiously."So is that all I need to know?"she asks clueless.

He sighed. Well that settles that, she still wasn't ready yet, "No its not. I will show you more of the controls, this time without leading your hand to where the controls are. I will just point."
And he kept his promise. He showed her the rest of the controls and kept his word. Once she remembered where all the controls were he figured she was ready now, "Ok so now its time to drive." He said handing her the keys.

Cheyenne chuckled a little,"Haha. No,"she says seriously looking at him and pushing the keys back into his hands."I can't drive. I'll wreck," she says nervously starting to get out of her side to trade spots with him.

He let out a sigh, "Cheyenne listen. I know you are scared. I get that. But you can't let fear control your entire life," he paused for a moment and ran a hand through his hair before speaking again, "I never told anyone this but I use to be terrified of water." Of course there was more to the story but he was waiting for a response.

Cheyenne paused and sighed, knowing he was right and she'd have to drive eventually."Why? Didn't you take a bath in water?"she asks chuckling. She saw a hint of something in his eye but she wasn't sure what.
"You don't have to tell me. I ask a lot of pointless things anyway, so don't worry,"Cheyenne says sighing and looking forward again."Okay give me the keys. You might want to buckle up,"she says seriously."Just to be safe."

Status
Not open for further replies.