• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Let's See Where This Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Lolz, no worries. I won't judge.)
"A little, but, if I know him, he'll be fine," Floot said, after the clarification. "Don't worry to much, but that is new. The cube's never done anything before," Floot said, shaking his head.

"What exactly did happen with him? I mean if you're willing to tell me." Asher had hesitation in her voice. She didn't want to pry, but curiosity got the better of her.

"In his past. He talked about not remembering what happened to his parents.I don't mean to pry."

"He was tinkering, and something went wrong and exploded, and some shrapnel got him in the brain. It affected his memory quite heavily. He made that cube right before, but he didn't tell anyone what it was for. He doesn't even remember building it," Floot told Asher, with his eyes closed.

"You know, it bothers him that he can't remember. Did the explosion have anything to do with his parents?" Asher said looking back at the room Choten was in.

"No, they died away on a business trip, around the same time. Another explosion type thing, details are very hazy. But their deaths weren't confirmed,because their bodies weren't found," Floot said, watching back towards Choten's room as if he was coming right then. He wasn't, but Floot suddenly had an ominous feeling.

"So you're saying his parent's could be alive? Does Choten know that?" Asher asked. She didn't want Choten to have a false hope, but if there was a chance that they were alive she wanted to help him find them.

"It was quite a long way from this little town here, and most people in town have agreed it's better not to tell him," Floot said quietly, just to be safe. "Please don't tell him, at least for a while still."

"I won't." she said looking at the ground. She understood why, but there was still a nagging sense that she should. She ignored it. She had to. It was for the better. wasn't it?

"Just, don't tell him, for now. Alright?" Floot asked, looking at Asher. I may not be your friend but Choten is, and this might bother him now, but it would probably bother him even more if he knew."

"I understand the importance of keeping secrets. Even if you don't know me, you can trust me with that much." Asher said. And she was speaking the truth. Secrets were most of her life.

"Thanks," he repeated, then asked, "Hey, are you hungry or anything?"

"Come to think of it, a little bit. We should probably check on Choten. Make sure he hasn't blown himself up or something."

"Heh, I'm pretty sure we would have heard that. But yeah, let's go heck on him."

"I'm not so sure about that. Maybe he figured out how to make a silent explosion." Asher said with a giggle in her tone walking towards Choten's room.

"Maybe, but he tends to be careful with explosions," Floot said, laughing.

"I like destroying stuff, but it's usually not an accident." She followed Floot into Choten's room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back