Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Holmishire Why did you put a tl;dr on a small post? haha.

Simple actions without characterization

To remove the prose of dialogue and thoughts and leave only the pure actions that should be taken as mechanical moves, thus reducing the chance of Brovo misinterpreting what it is he's trying to accomplish.

Simple actions without characterization

To remove the prose of dialogue and thoughts and leave only the pure actions that should be taken as mechanical moves, thus reducing the chance of Brovo misinterpreting what it is he's trying to accomplish.
I love it when people do this for me. Here, have a happy gif I stole from the Internets.
Z4PnMWC.gif

I'm a trendsetter, as usual.

Huh, I ought to start doing that from now on.

Anyways, question, what does the Imperial Missive contain exactly? I know what it does but does it have any writing on it? Does the seal mean anything? Etc.

Anyways, question, what does the Imperial Missive contain exactly? I know what it does but does it have any writing on it? Does the seal mean anything? Etc.
A script in latin, with a few words emboldened as part of the spell. It basically just amounts to "whoever has this has permission to use it to summon imperial scouts."

A script in latin, with a few words emboldened as part of the spell. It basically just amounts to "whoever has this has permission to use it to summon imperial scouts."
So it doesn't have an offical seal on it or something? Florence's house sigil or some such nonsense?

So it doesn't have an offical seal on it or something? Florence's house sigil or some such nonsense?
It has Florence's signature.

The Trader's Seal is probably the most "mundane" out of all the items.

I think he means mundane as in literally not magical.

I think he means mundane as in literally not magical.
That.
It's "mundane" because there's no magic involved in the use, just the creation.

I did a thing, I also shamelessly stole the good idea from Jorick and put a Tl;dr in.

Side note: Some might have noticed my relative silence recently; and some might have even celebrated it. The reason for this is that my life is in the pleasant stage of upheaval that comes before moving. I'm trying to sort out my affairs and as such have very little time for...well...anything creative at all.

I will be on holiday next week (7th till 13th) before I have one last chaotic week before I actually move country.

So...yeah; basically my signature gif has never been more apt.

Hope you all have a lovely week, Panda.

P.S. Have a picture of a Red Panda, they are cute and stuff. Its ears are also waving, so that's kind of like waving goodbye.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
I'm sorry for the chaotic time you're going through and hope things get situated for you soon, @Limeypanda

I hope you enjoy your holiday!

Guidelines
  • Post once per round. A "round" is established each time the GM (me) posts. This is a soft rule: It can be ignored if the situation permits and it is appropriate, such as for collaborative posts.
  • The more actions you take in a single round, the less chance of success all actions overall will have. This is especially true in combat: If you focus everything into avoiding an attack, odds are good you'll succeed. Your character will have to split their concentration over multiple tasks if you do more than that, so if you plan on a counter-attack after avoiding an attack, your odds of evading the initial attack will drop a little. Not substantially, but a little. This is how I counter godmoders: If you try to do everything at once, you will fail at everything.
  • Conversely: If you intentionally attempt to support team mates, or team mates support you, your odds of success increase a little. Ergo, boss monsters or difficult puzzles which may overwhelm you individually can be taken care of with team work, and coming to the defense of an ally or attacking an enemy already engaged with an ally increases odds of success without self-injury as well.
  • You must select a special item during your first round or else forfeit having one. You can find the item list here: (Scroll down to Requisitions List.)
  • Below these guidelines, and with each proceeding GM post, you'll see something called an "Action Log" posted in the OOC. This details what actions the GM perceives your character to have done, so you can see directly what I saw from your post. Ergo if I missed something, you can point it out. If I get grumpy about it, remember I'm probably not angry at you, I'm probably angry at myself.

Action Log

This may be expanded from time to time if people find certain things vague. Consider this a reference to any strange terminology you may encounter in the log.

NAT: No Actions Taken. Will behave as though character hesitated. While not defenseless, it is highly recommended you avoid this. At the start of missions, since you've had no opportunity to commit to any actions yet, don't worry about it.

Pinned/Disabled: Character in question is unable to escape the grasp of a spell or creature and requires allied assistance immediately. If left to their own devices, they may escape, so long as no other enemies interfere.

NPC Behaviours: These are behaviours that NPC's can be assigned to. They can do a mix of behaviours.
  • Independent: Character will behave independently of the PC's, and depending on their personality, and established relationships, may or may not prefer to support player actions or act alone.
  • Under Orders: Character is doing as a player requested of them. If the order seems suicidal or the NPC dislikes you enough, they may bawk at given orders and behave independently instead.
  • Aggressive: (During Combat) If character is engaged in combat, they'll be on the front line, attempting to punish enemies from afar with magic or ranged weapons or up close and personal with melee weapons.
  • Defensive: (During Combat) If character is engaged in combat, they'll be focused on keeping allies out of harms way through magic and keeping enemies from causing them harm.
  • Passive: (During Combat) Character will not engage in combat and will actively attempt to keep themselves safe from harm. If possible, they'll support allies at minimal risk, if any.
Modifiers: Bonuses to actions based on how your character is behaving, should it make sense. GM Interpreted.
  • Defensive+: Bonus to defense, as a result of the player holding a position and remaining alert and ready.

Pet/Item: Your selected item from the Requisitions List will be displayed in your character action list, indented beneath your character. Currently active pets and summons are also here, so it should be clear who owns what on the battlefield. Pets and summons without names will be assigned names if necessary to differentiate them from opposing creatures with similar descriptions.

Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

Group 1 (Players)
  • Murderok: Attempts to help the nearest target. (With permission and input from Kadaeux, I've been allowed to assume what Murderok would do.)
    • Magic-Breaker (Item): Blocks one spell.
  • Zinnarath 'Zin' Corsys: Karma'd.
  • Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough: Feints for Oran's shoulder and then goes for his legs.
    • Books (Item--Unique): Illusion & Swamps of Time. (+Lore knowledge.)
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Heals any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Abjaar 'Bastille' Korsair: Abjaar circles to the injured Half-Orc's left side and tries to kick the wound left by the chain and hook. Axe is held up to try to parry any incoming blow from the Half-Orc. He threatens surrender to the half-orc.
  • Mikan: Regrouping.
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Dean Hansen: Attacks the wolf pinning him.
Group 3 (Enemies)
  • Dirge: Powerful Orc Knight, bound by oath to James the Illusionist. Plate mail armour, massive warhammer, the speed to use both effectively.
  • One Half-Orc: Wielding a mace and a large wooden shield, along with leather armour. (Cennick trait: The Half-Orcs don't have the strength of a full Orc and more easily succumb to bloodlust, which makes them fight harder, but with far less self-defense.)
Group 4 (Surrendered)
  • One Half-Orc (Oran): On the ground, having dropped his weapon. His leg is injured and openly bleeding.

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

Group 1 (Players)
  • Sonia: Takes the gems and secures the objective, destroys the red gem.
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Can call forth spirit with personal or ancestral connections to aid you in animal form. One use.
    • Objective Secured!
    • Four soul gems remaining: Blue, Green, Black, White.
  • Doctor Steven Adian Gremlock: Does as Armerza asks.
    • Imperial Missive (Item): Summons 3-5 Imperial Scouts to your location from closest point. One use.
  • Armerza Gilkak: Attempts to reason with the golem, tells Gremlock to show it his imperial missive.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Heals any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Fahim: Waiting for Sonia, ready to help her if necessary.
  • Veira: Escaping.
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Ruins Golem: Short chains with a range of 8-10 feet on its arms. Powerful.

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

Group 1 (Players)
  • Kasim Amibilus: Issues order list for people to go down. (Rayvon, Helene, Andrea, Zoe.) Holds the line.
    • Goran Amibilus (Dire Wolf): Ready to fight. (Below.)
  • Laenaia: NAT.
    • Seal of the Trader (Item): Convince merchants and the underbelly of society to side with you instantly.
  • Rayvon Krayvitch: Moves down to help Gabriel. (Below.)
    • Haruuk: Ordered to guard. (Above.)
  • Andrea Llolth'Allin: Ushers Helena down and orders orc servant to defend. Orders Huil to follow her down when the time comes. (Above.)
    • Huil (Giant Spider): At the ready to descend.
  • Zoe Vasilios:
  • Gabriel: (Below.)
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Can call forth spirit with personal or ancestral connections to aid you in animal form. One use.
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Princess Helénē: "Dead."
  • One Orc Guard: Possessed, fighting the Tribe Leader. Helénē has no training in melee combat, and will not last long against him.
Group 3 (Enemies)
  • Three Orc Guards: Armed with axes and shields, in light armour.
  • Agent of Wrath: Armed with a twenty foot long, chain & hook whip. Black plate mail armour.
  • Tribe Leader: Two handed, black axe.
  • ? Orcs: Likely hundreds, swarming into the cavern system from all directions. A ticking time bomb for all concerned, though thankfully coming from above much sooner than below...

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Group 1 (Players)
  • Esyllt Boudica: Esyllt and Venatrix board Fafnir, glide from ARGMOC towards the west to begin an assault from the North-West. Esyllt sets up telepathic network between the party
    • Venatrix: Amazonian Metal Golem.
  • Child: Child and Unamo remain aboard ARGMOC as cover for Maeven
  • Maeven Lucre--Mechanist ARGMOC: Maeven moves the ARGMOC forward in hopes of crushing the demon force.
    • Fafnir the Father (Mecha-Dragon): Comments about shuddering to think who breathed life into ARGMOC.
  • Aslo: Aslo develops plan, issues instruction, raids Maeven's equipment bag, sets out towards South-East position
    • Seal of the Trader (Item): Taken from Daevon's corpse.
  • Nyla Valerius: Trapped in Esyllt's magical container.
  • Unamo: Preparing a spell...
Group 2 (Prisoners)
  • Brave Imp: Awestruck by what's going on.
Group 3 (ARGMOC)
  • All limbs functioning, no secondary armaments.
  • ARGMOC City Sensor network online.
  • Maeven is in control.
Group 4 (Enemies)
  • Agent of Pride: Bone-covered wings akin to those of an angel, longsword & shield. Longsword is wreathed in dark flames. Wearing plate mail.
  • Two Lust Hounds: Fast-moving wolf creatures, with a strange saliva. ARGOS is unable to discern what the saliva is: It's not equipped for scientific testing.
  • Tulerian Artillery: No dedicated crew for it. They only have a few shots left.
  • Shapeshifter (Enigma?): A Shapeshifter, akin to Fahim. It is also an artificial construct. It wields a foreign blade. Its name may be Enigma, or that might be what the demons simply call it.
  • Doom Guard: A large, horned demon. Fifteen feet tall, with a large axe, and hooved feet.
  • Eight Imps: Manning the artillery piece, though they're not all that efficient at it.

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Group 1 (Players)
  • Aëyr: Orders two scouts to attack constantly, one to be ready for when they dive, readies for the dive, tells Yuri she can be on his way.
  • Yuri Elrivvin: Moves to help Otto.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Can heal any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Arkos Cernunnos: Attempts to attack its thorax. With rabbit punches. Pomf!
  • Toorg: Decides to hug a bug.
  • Otto Kastner: Knocked aside, fatigued.
  • Quar Velathari: Preparing another spell...
Group 2 (Allies-Surface)
  • Three Imperial Scouts, all armed with mechanical bows.
Group 3 (Allies-100 ft from Portal)
  • Two magician-buccaneers.
Group 4 (Enemies-Surface)
  • One fifteen-feet tall doom guard, engaged.
  • One fifteen-foot tall doom guard, laying on the ground bleeding to death, but might still attack anyone who goes near it.
  • Two humanoid demons, engaged with Yuri.
  • Agent of Lust, engaged with
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Next Post: Saturday 19th, September.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

@Alphakoka didn't post this round. For shame, Alpha! For shame! :ferret:

Goodbye, Zin. Karma did dun' get you. YOU SHOULD FIGHT FOR YOUR FRIENDS! You're better together! [Insert more cliches here.]

Sorry about the delays there. Family affairs came up, and family comes first, y'all folks know what that's like.

As for the changes coming to the role play, here's the changelog so far. Keep in mind that the changes are written under the assumption that the missions all finished in some form of success--branching choices are not yet accounted for, nor are surprise plot twists.
  1. Updated BBC to be more appealing on the eyes. No more giant ugly [spoiler] buttons: [spoilerbb] master race. Shiny status bar. Shiny warning and info labels. Better organized tabs, with theme names! The list goes on.
  2. Creative 2 updated to 3.5. Base traits replaced with stats.
  3. Reorganized into a theme of war: Escalating War, Intelligence Centre, Registration Centre, Resources Centre, Master Archives, Library of Records.
  4. Plot updated to reflect current political climate in-universe, from "Intro" to "The Paths of War."
  5. Bios updated for old nations (Kingdom of Renalta, Kingdom of Liveria, Kingdom of Rheinfeld, Kingdom of Tuleria, Free Holds, Goblin Holds, Imperium, Blood Sea).
  6. Bios added for new nations (Drow Confederation, Dwarven Meritocracy.)
  7. Bios added or updated for the following non-companions: Kouri, Alexandria, Hanus. (More to come later.)
  8. Bios added or updated for the following companions: (Unfinished. Tsss.)
  9. Amazons no longer exist as a political entity and have folded into the Imperium.
  10. Artifacts/Manpower system added.
  11. Achievements removed: These have been replaced with artifacts/manpower.
  12. Ranks system added.
  13. Full stat tree revealed—yes, it is supposed to be that big.
  14. Traits renamed to avoid issues of ambiguity. KISS is love, KISS is life.
  15. Traits converted to stats in a master-slave system: 1 main stat, 5 sub-skills. Skills feed into the stat. This simplifies dice rolls, and broadens what you can do with said stats. So I win, and you win. Everybody wins!
  16. Changed from a D20 to a D100 system, to better conform with the sister-system in Colony Galileo. Yes @Kadaeux you can start bragging about the D100 master race.
  17. Stat system now runs from 0-100.
    giphy.gif
  18. OOC Action Logs abandoned. A useful tool, now simply overwhelmed by information overload. Instead, you can now simply read the IC posts and ask me questions if you are confused. Farewell, sweet prince. There will be a replacement system in the IC for large-unit combat.
  19. Added entries in "Master Archives" on: Magic, Mechanists, Vampires, Telepaths, Underdark.
  20. Combined "Endurance Training" & "Adrenaline" into new stat: "Perseverance." New stat prevents tanks from having to split investment between staying in the fight, and... Staying in the fight. There is now one stat that allows you to stay in the fight. :ferret:
  21. Upgraded "Charger" to include non-charging related bonuses. Renamed "Repositioning." Now tanks and heavy fighters can weave through and around combat better to be where they need to be, and not just to hit someone really really hard with a shield. Ceilings can now breath a sigh in relief from Armerza... Maybe.
  22. "Defender", "Heavy Hitter", "Rapid Blows", and "Fortitude" remain as is. Why fix what isn't broken?
  23. "Combat Senses" is the new fourth heavy skill. This allows characters to track multiple targets better and negate the bonuses enemies get when they gang up on them. Useful for duellists, or tanks, or others who will often find themselves the target of multiple enemies. This is not an anti-stupid stat: If you rush headlong for no reason into a horde of tentacles, prepare to get raped regardless. Not the sexy kind either. Think more the "oh god the agonizing pain" kind.
  24. "Slippery" renamed to "Reflexes", as it now gives bonuses to avoiding any kind of damage which can reasonably be evaded—it's the counterpart to "Defender" and "Perseverance", part of the Holy Trinity of defence.
  25. "Stealth" upgraded to "Cloak of Innocence", it gives bonuses to all stealth-related tasks as well as naturally lowering enemy interest in you. Essentially: This stat now makes it so enemies will underestimate you and prefer other targets unless you hurt them. This also gives bonuses to escape odds—which affects the likelihood of enemies switching targets from you to someone else, as well as how likely you are to escape capture if you put your mind to it. A useful skill for mages, supports, assassins, and so on.
  26. "Sharp" effects tweaked a little, clarified. It still does the same thing as before, it's just clearer on that now. Provides bonuses to armour piercing, noticing things out of place, and can sometimes come into play in conversations.
  27. "Acrobatics" replaced with "Dancer". Acrobatics served a purpose, but served it awkwardly enough that most didn't bother with it. Dancer is now the counterpart to Combat Senses in that it gives one on one combat bonuses instead of multi-target bonuses, and reduces penalties for fighting in unusual circumstances rather than reducing the bonuses enemies get for fighting you in groups. Remember that "unusual circumstances" does include height advantages the enemy might have, or fighting while pinned.
  28. "Raw Talent" clarified a bit. It still does the same things as before, but now better describes this: Increased spell power, increased ability to overcharge spells with less negative consequences as a result.
  29. "Apprentice" upgraded to "Mastery." Now includes bonuses for evading spells, dispelling spells, interfering with or stealing spells. This now serves as a defensive stat for mages against other mages or forms of magic.
  30. "Wells of Power" and "Awakened Meditation" combined into a single stat, called "Wells of Power". Detection and regeneration are now the same stat. This serves two purposes: To buff mages, and to make more sense as in-universe the Wells of Power are the primary sources of magic in the world.
  31. "Pattern Weaving" is the new fourth skill for the magic stat. This prevents macross missile massacres by judging how quickly your character can cast spells and gather power for more powerful spells. It also allows them to detonate raw magic—just nowhere near on the same scale as what Amanda the Archmage did to blow away the old Imperium. Because that would be obscenely broken. :ferret:
  32. No more combat-useless stats. All stats now have a combat purpose, which better fits the war theme. However, non-combat utility for such stats is still relevant. Heavy hitters can break things and stealth people can pickpocket casually and sharp people can notice things in conversation. Which will hopefully mean that people will stop spamming dodge as their one and only defence stat and consider alternatives. Hooray! (Probably not though.)
  33. Old Guard party characters can be unlocked for play for their original owners depending on mission conditions or requests, such as manpower. The Crescent Moon Sisters (@Andrea ), Xexis (@Kadaeux ), Taigyn or Alex (@Tempest ), Dean (@Orion ), and so on. Whilst already in play under certain circumstances (Dean in Renalta, Alex in Amazons), this is mainly to state to the Old Guard that if their characters are called upon in the future, they'll get to control them themselves—especially in missions. If the character is a political leader, there may still be instances where I have to exert some level of control should a collaboration be impossible to finish on time.
  34. Updated Legend of Renalta 2's map to the current political landscape. It's only a visual representation, to help you figure out what things are like in this world. It's also only a map of the overworld—because the Underdark is an ever changing labyrinth that cannot be mapped by conventional means.
  35. Players who fail to post, whose characters have been given orders, will have those characters do as ordered. A player failing to post should no longer fuck over other players, so long as they're given orders. Ex: If Tempest fails to post for Rayvon but Kasim has given her orders, Rayvon will be assumed to have executed those orders so long as they're reasonable and don't call for suicide.

Long list, isn't it? Expect more information to come as we approach update day. If you have any questions, ask them now. :ferret:

RIP Zin. I think everyone expected her pacifism to get her killed, and the only surprise was how long it took.

GG Dirge, further cementing his place as the deadliest enemy the Blades have ever faced. Get that motherfucker on our side with diplomacy now, damn it.

Reactions: Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.