Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're really doing dibs because Brovo will kinda take them as they're submitted... but dibs on a second character slot anyway because I'm replacing a dead character.

Okay, Yuri has been retrofitted and the second character awaiting approval is under the Reserve tab. (X)

Just to be clear, I'm NOT asking for two characters. Other people who want 2 can go ahead and fill them slots.

oh woo, here I am again.

I am super busy with the rl stuff for the next two days: Tonight is writing papers and tomorrow is writing more papers. I can probably get started on Friday, though writing up a CS takes time. I'll try to get something going on Friday but it might certainly spill over into the weekend.

oh woo, here I am again.

I am super busy with the rl stuff for the next two days: Tonight is writing papers and tomorrow is writing more papers. I can probably get started on Friday, though writing up a CS takes time. I'll try to get something going on Friday but it might certainly spill over into the weekend.
Worry not, you have lots of time. The missions themselves aren't quite done yet.

• andy_remic__s_cover_by_p0p5-d5orkln.jpg
    Name: Abjaar Korsair, sometimes known as or referred to as 'Bastille' (Most notably amongst Free Holders, or people aware of his mercenary background)
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: A relatively handsome man, Abjaar is not completely typical of a Free Holder, in terms of appearance. He is tall, strong looking and far lighter in complexion than most of his nation. His father always explained that he inherited his fair skin from his mother, although he got his father's brown hair and muscular form. He stands at Six foot, four inches, and weighs in at an awful lot. His eyes are hazel coloured, and he has let his hair grow down to his neck. He sports a finely trimmed beard, kept controlled by a meticulous attention to detail.
    Homeland: The Free Holds, although his relationship with the region is tentative; at best.

• Biography: Born as the son of Lord Ezeel Korsair, of the Free Holds' state of Chainhold, Abjaar was born to one of the higher standards of living one could expect for a Free Holder. He certainly had nothing to complain about, seeing as he wasn't born a slave. It would be dangerous, however, to assume that he was born with a silver spoon in life. The title of Warlord was responsible for that.

Abjaar was the third son of the Korsair line, although only half-brother to his other two siblings. While his older two brothers had been born of Lord Ezeel's wife, he was the result of his father's paramour: A mysterious woman who left when Abjaar was young due to the dangerous life that Ezeel lived.

Because he was considered illegitimate by all except lord Ezeel himself, Abjaar knew he had no real biological claim to the title of warlord of Chainhold. His two older brothers were radically different men, one being a bookish thinker and one being a violent warmonger. Abjaar managed to strike a healthy balance between the two: A man as much of words as he was of actions. He took to studies of all things that a Free Holder might need: economy, warfare, trade and business skills, all were weapons to be sharpened, to be wielded.

His father lasted until his fifteenth birthday before finally passing on as Warlord. He had long outlived most people's expectations, and seemingly died in his sleep. The truth was much more…in line with the Free Hold's succession standards, as Ezeel Korsair was killed by poison. His oldest brother took the position as Warlord and, surprisingly, promoted his other older brother to a position as War leader. Abjaar, like many others, had expected the two brothers to fight within a year and end up with the second son on the throne, but the decision to uplift his brother at least brought the man a second year, in most people's bets.

While his brothers ruled Chainhold, Abjaar continued to hone himself. He excelled at the craft of war, as well as the training of slaves and the economics of trading. He excelled with an Axe, more than anything else, and he started to ride out of Chainhold on the occasional slave hunts. From there, he learned to wield chains as a weapon.

He learned and excelled with these chains as a second weapon, capturing slaves with ease and safety thanks to them and earning himself a name as the 'Warden.' For his skill in capturing prisoners was like that of a Warden. He took to the name, and also took to the training of slaves and the honing of his craft.

For ten years, his brothers ruled in relative peace and quiet. There were few issues, and fewer still reasons for them to remember they had a brother. Abjaar kept mostly to himself, and the brothers kept busy ruling Chainhold. Things were good, until one night he was awoken with a start. A woman hovered over him in his bed, knife in hand and ready to kill him. He reacted on instinct, subduing the woman and forcing questions from her. Initially, in the dull light, he had not recognised the woman, but she was a slave that he had trained…A slave he had gifted to his older brother, as well. Abjaar 'convinced' the woman to return to her brother tomorrow, telling him of the done-deed.

With the realisation that his brother was trying to kill him, Abjaar felt unease overtake his simple life. What had motivated his brother to try and remove him from the picture? There was little way to know. More importantly, was his second brother in league with him?

Not willing to find out, Abjaar quickly suited himself into armour, and armed himself with both axe and chains. He stormed into his second brother's room and put an axe to his throat, demanding to know why he'd been ordered dead. Abjaar was surprised to see his brother with a male partner sharing his bed, but he cared little. His brother looked at him with only fear and confusion, and he felt satisfied that only the oldest of his kin saw Abjaar as a threat.

He offered his second oldest brother an alliance. It would give his brother a place on the throne, and it awarded him an ally in taking out his oldest brother. They hatched a scheme, to slay the Warlord the next day. Abjaar would stay hidden and take out his oldest kin while the middle brother distracted him. Things went smoothly, until his older brother drew a sword, and the oldest lifted his hand. Magical power seemed to radiate from the open palm, and the middle brother was held aloft, like a ragdoll. Abjaar was surprised by the magical talent of his brother, but he saw an opportunity to strike. From the shadows, Abjaar lashed out with a chain, throttling his oldest brother and dragging him across the floor. There was surprise in his eyes, when he saw Abjaar alive. He had apparently believed the slave's sweet lie, and Abjaar brought his axe down.

With the warlord dead, his second brother looked on in surprise and fear at the youngest kin. So callously had he cut down the oldest brother and yet so merciful, in that he spared waiting for the middle brother's inevitable murder. Abjaar threw the middle brother his older one's head. He smiled at his kin, telling him that he had no interest in the title of Warlord.

…At least not yet.

Abjaar raided his oldest brother's room, now that he was dead, and discovered a number of interesting items. Most notable amongst them was a hand written journal, scribed by his father. In it, he detailed the basics of magic, and those who might teach it to him. He found he had no real talent for magic, but the old man described in the book offered him something else: A way, not to cast magic, but to annul it.

So for two years hence, Abjaar trained in the basics of Anti-magic from the old man. He revealed himself to be a long disgraced Templar, from before a time when the Gods had fled the world. He could only teach the basics of Anti-magic, but Abjaar was grateful for it. At a ripe age of Twenty-seven, people expected Abjaar to take the throne of Warlord.

He was, sadly, beaten to the punch. A man outside the Korsair line took the throne in a violent coup. Abjaar was forced to fight for his life, and flee Chainhold so as not to be purged in the coup. He saved what he could: and rode out of the city with his armour, his weapons, and his father's books.

With nowhere else to go, he wandered around the Free Holds, aimlessly trying to gather power and influence. He wanted to one day rule a land: Preferably Chainhold, but he wasn't a fussy man. He used his skills as a man catcher to earn himself a meagre living, and rebranded himself as Bastille: using the name more often than his own, as a shield against any potential assassins from the new lord of Chainhold.

Soon enough, an offer was made to him by a Warlord from a different hold. Apparently, the Queen's Blades had made a call to arms. Abjaar saw an opportunity in such an organisation: Prestige, power, perhaps even a position on a much nicer land's court. The sky seemed to be the limit with the offer, and he accepted.

-- As he spent time with the Queen's Blades, Abjaar began to form a slightly different outlook; both on himself and on his standings in life. Perhaps it was the strange reception he received; or the offered advice of his grandfather, but he is starting to dismantle his pre-conceived notions of his 'right' to rule, and has started to realise just how deplorable his past actions are to other people. He doesn't pretend to lament for those he once lorded over, nor does he offer any sign of attempting to atone for, what he sees as the actions of a man simply existing as anyone would in his circumstances: however, he is starting to value people just a little bit more…baby steps, as it were.

Motivation: Initially, Abjaar simply wanted to find his little slice of the world in which he could rule. He never cared where; or when; or even why. He just realised that demons roaming around and raping and pillaging would make that dream impossible. Now? He's less sure of his overall motivation; apart from stopping the demonic threat. While he might be unsure of his purpose at the moment, any future path would involve stopping the threat from the Nine Hells.

• Heavy Stat: 27.

• Perseverance: 80.
    • Defender: 60.
    • Heavy Hitter: 80
    • Combat Senses: 20.
    • Repositioning: 30
    Light Stat: 6.
    • Reflexes: 20
    • Cloak of Innocence: 0
    • Rapid Blows: 0
    • Sharp: 30.
    • Dancer: 10

Magic Stat: 7
    • Raw Talent: 0
    • Mastery: 0
    • Wells of Power: 0
    • Pattern Weaving: 0
    • Fortitude: 70

Custom Traits: (Your custom traits. You create these! You start with ten custom trait points to spend on creating and upgrading custom traits.)

• [3 Points] Tough to Kill: Abjaar is a very tough man to kill, not for lack of trying. In fact, it is probably this constant threat of being stabbed; from the front or from the back, that has made him almost cockroach-tough to kill. He has trained in any and every way imaginable to try and increase his skills of self-preservation: Muscle building techniques from Rheinfeld, Pain-tolerance rituals from the Amazonians, and Parrying techniques from the Imperium. (Self-explanatory: Abjaar is a little sturdier, and harder to kill. He gains bonuses in ignoring damage, or resisting it altogether.)
    • [4 Points] Chain-Wielding: Perhaps the last part of his Free Holds heritage that he wears on his chest, or more accurately around his arms, Abjaar is a skilled user of chains in battle. An unconventional weapon, the Chains that Abjaar used can be wielded to distract, disorientate, or disarm opponents. His skills with the chains allow him to effectively lash around a weapon, a limb, or even an opponent's throat, and apply a powerful force to it. The main function of the chains is to give him some mid-range versatility. (Abjaar's has a total of three chains he uses in battle; one of which has a sharp, pointed hook on the end. Potent weapon, allows for a number of unique combat options other than 'Hit it very hard.')
    • [3 Points] The… Bloody Axe?: Abjaar's Axe, although previously thought to be nothing special, is seemingly an heirloom from his mother's side; and the last remaining clue of a mysterious secret in Abjaar's past. Until recently, the weapon seemed dormant and unassuming, but as Abjaar has developed into something less self-absorbed and more free thinking, the weapon has begun to awaken and speak to him in broken, garbled common. What sort of powers it might grow to develop is difficult to guess; but the weapon seems to possess a limited consciousness; a consciousness that feeds on whatever Abjaar strikes. Unbeknownst to Abjaar, the Axe can transfer its stored energy into him, although it will only do so if no other option is present. (Powerful weapon that absorbs strength as it draws blood. At the moment, it hits very hard; but it can also provide a once-a-mission heal to Abjaar that can repair anything up to a severely broken bone.)

Story Traits:
    1. Owes Darkness Her Due: Sarah Darkhammer is still waiting for her side of the bargain...
    2. Retrieved the Crown: The King's Rangers were able to retrieve the spider queen's crown thanks to a deal that Abjaar made. This went straight to the Mage's Guild. They likely owe him a favour now, whether they want to admit that or not. (Self-explanatory.)

Equipment List:

• Heavy Steel Plate Armour
    • Broad Two-headed Axe, formerly called 'The Bull.' Now knows it to be called something else…something to do with Blood, but he can't fully comprehend the axe. For now, he calls it the 'Bloody Bull'
    • Three lengths of chains: thirty feet long; one ends in a sharp, barbed hook.
    • A journal, filled with his own thoughts and such.
    • His father's journals, three in total. One is written in an unknown cypher, which aggravates him to no end.
    • A locket belonging to his mother, he presumes she is still alive, but never met her. It is made of a strange cord, and has a number of unusual totems on it.
    • A sharp knife, kept in his boot. He uses it more often as a razor than as a weapon.

• Romance: Abjaar is open to romance

Does the Kouri Plushie Exist?: Yes, no; maybe? I don't know: Could you repeat the question?

Signature: I, LimeyPanda, give Brovo permission to maim, murder, and mutilate my character in accordance to the rules of the roleplay. I will accept any of these results with only the minimal amount of sulking, and suck it up when it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Runic Steel II: A special set of plate armour that Yuri had made after the events in Tuleria, it serves two purposes. Firstly, it protects her from the sun. Secondly, it's resistant to magic, shielding her from both hostile and friendly magic alike.
Be aware that you already have 20 in Fortitude. Adding more magic resistance on via armour or other enchanted items will make it harder to use magic. Giving you this warning so you can change it if you'd like instead. :ferret:
driving his and Kattalin's younger brother to leave across the sea in search of adventure and to find his own way.
The Blood Sea, or the Eastern Oceans? Cuz' if it's the Eastern Oceans, they're probably not coming home.
This continued for several years until very recently, when she received word that her younger brother had returned from his travels overseas. Worried that he would try to impose male inheritance, she declared him acting Lord before he even arrived and left to join the Queen's Blades, hoping that by preemptively granting him a temporary title it would undermine any attempts to remove her from her position of power.
No nation has default male inheritance. It could be this way for a noble family in particular, but just be aware that no royal family would default to this.

Once that stuff is clarified, I'll be happy to approve both characters.

@Limeypanda Ding. Approved.

@Snakey Ding. Approved.

Cloak of Innocence: 40
Quick warning: This only works if you aren't causing damage, threatening, or attacking people. Your character's other stats seem to direct him specifically to attack people, constantly, so this will only help at the very beginning of a fight. After that, it won't mean much for the rest of the fight unless you use it to attempt to disengage from a fight.

If you don't mind this stuff and want to keep it anyway for the openings of fights, that's fine by me. Just figured I'd note this interaction.
Achievements
  • Weaponized Stick: You're particularly good at taking everyday objects or pieces of nature and turning them into horrifying weapons. Booze? Flammable! Sticks? Stabbable! Boring politicians? Perfect for annoying neighbors! (Minor bonus to improvised tools and weapons.)
  • Teamwork I: You work well with others, and are growing accustomed to doing so. You have a greater chance of success in any action if you perform it with an ally, rather than alone. (Minor bonus to anything when done with a compatriot, to a reasonable degree.)
Achievements don't mean anything anymore. You can remove them. :ferret:
Mikan + Liked: I fell for her but my time away has cleared my mind.
tumblr_n9q5wrmsfK1smcbm7o1_250.gif

The rest is fine.

Quick warning: This only works if you aren't causing damage, threatening, or attacking people. Your character's other stats seem to direct him specifically to attack people, constantly, so this will only help at the very beginning of a fight. After that, it won't mean much for the rest of the fight unless you use it to attempt to disengage from a fight.
Oh, well in that case i'm putting +10 in Heavy Hitter and +30 in Repositioning.

tumblr_n9q5wrmsfK1smcbm7o1_250.gif

The rest is fine.
=P

EDIT: Also, fixed CS.

I will get on with updating both Armerza and Bronwyn this weekend.

Be aware that you already have 20 in Fortitude. Adding more magic resistance on via armour or other enchanted items will make it harder to use magic. Giving you this warning so you can change it if you'd like instead. :ferret:

Ah, I was hoping the way I set up Bloodied Clothe would help alleviate that. Would it work if I made it more clear that the armour's magic resist wouldn't apply to her forearms+hands if she was struck there?

The Blood Sea, or the Eastern Oceans? Cuz' if it's the Eastern Oceans, they're probably not coming home.

Didn't know the Eastern Sea had been altered slightly, my bad. What if I changed it to the Dark Forest? Not something on the nonexistent other side, just the Dark Forest itself.

No nation has default male inheritance. It could be this way for a noble family in particular, but just be aware that no royal family would default to this.

Once that stuff is clarified, I'll be happy to approve both characters.

A particular noble family works.

Can fix CS next week.

Think I'll be retiring Gremlock and putting in a new character. Yeah I could just edit out the stuff that's been giving me trouble, but he would need an extensive revamp and I still have no idea how to play him. Will be making a new character (or rather, expanding the backup I have started), probably this weekend.

Speaking of retiring, would he be safe to seek refuge in the Imperium? I figure he'll be accepted there, but I know Brovo had said the characters were unsafe outside of Renalta's capital due to demons wanting to wreck them.

@Orion finished the Dean stuff, so that's been updated in the OOC post.

@Seba Ding. Approved.

Ah, I was hoping the way I set up Bloodied Clothe would help alleviate that. Would it work if I made it more clear that the armour's magic resist wouldn't apply to her forearms+hands if she was struck there?
Nope. Any magic resistance at all can interfere. The only reason magic-breakers work is because they don't actually stop passive kinds of magic and they do their thing in a single, controlled burst. Consistent magic resistance over most of your body would interfere with your ability to cast magic, period, unless it didn't exceed a total of 20 fortitude. :ferret:
Didn't know the Eastern Sea had been altered slightly, my bad. What if I changed it to the Dark Forest? Not something on the nonexistent other side, just the Dark Forest itself.
It's fine. I hadn't spoken much of that area up until this point, so you couldn't know anything.

Dark Forest would be fine, just beware the fact that Elves would not take your character in, though they might trade with them at a distance.
Can fix CS next week.
Again, no immediate rush. Can take your time.
Think I'll be retiring Gremlock and putting in a new character. Yeah I could just edit out the stuff that's been giving me trouble, but he would need an extensive revamp and I still have no idea how to play him. Will be making a new character (or rather, expanding the backup I have started), probably this weekend.

Speaking of retiring, would he be safe to seek refuge in the Imperium? I figure he'll be accepted there, but I know Brovo had said the characters were unsafe outside of Renalta's capital due to demons wanting to wreck them.
Yes, he would be safe in the Imperium, so long as he kept his head down until the war was over. Even then, he'll probably need to watch his back for the rest of his life to a certain extent... Depending on how this war ends.

@Jorick Ding! Kasim approved.

-Ironclad Bargains (Rank 2): Another strange facet of Kria's odd heritage is that he simply cannot go back on a bargain struck of his free will. For a deal to count as a true bargain it must be an exchange of mutually beneficial acts that can be reasonably fulfilled: bets on the outcomes of an action are not bargains, agreements on the price of wares are not bargains, and bargains with infinite terms (such as "never kill orcs") do not count. Should Kria try to get out of fulfilling a bargain, intentionally work against fulfilling a bargain, or become utterly incapable of fulfilling a bargain, then he will die instantly. On the plus side, when working to fulfill the terms of a specific act agreed upon in a bargain he is supernaturally made much better at accomplishing those actions than he otherwise would be. "Help me build a barn" would get this boost, but "help me become king" would be too vague and require too many intermediary steps to get the boost. (Deadly bargains, bonus to success chance of actions when working to fulfill specific act of a bargain.)
Nope. Flatly denied. :ferret:
Reactive Water Shield: A dead mage is a worthless mage, so any worth their salt prepare defensive measures before venturing out from whatever hiding place they spent the night in. Or, well, at least that was the case in Kria's timeline, and he learned such behavior from mages who knew how to stay alive. Every morning, before doing anything else, he always sets up his personal wards that will activate a defensive shield of water magic whenever they detect a threat coming his way. The ward does not require Kria to notice the danger himself, since part of the spell is magical vigilance for such things, but it can be circumvented by things moving too quickly for the shield to block them, attacks powerful enough to shatter the shield with little effort, or anti-magic to disable the ward entirely. The warding spell does not drain Kria at all to remain active, but it will dissipate if he loses consciousness or falls asleep and the creation of the water shield itself does pull on his magical reserves, using easily twice as much power as it would require for him to consciously make a water shield of the same dimensions and potency manually. (A spell that watches out for incoming threats and automatically creates a water shield around Kria if any danger to his person is detected.)
Keep in mind that maintaining any spell drains on one's concentration to a certain extent, so this might interfere with some of his higher level spell casting if he wants it to remain effective. It is easily approvable in this state though.

Status
Not open for further replies.