Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many think my sweet, sweet and innocent Drow priestess will backstab and betray people, how rude.

So about that traitor position?

>.>

<.<

>.>
>Drow
>Innocent

Does not compute.
:p

It's not that Andi's character is a drow that places her into suspicion. Its that its Andi's character in the first place. :p

Reactions: HerziQuerzi
I mean, have you heard about our Lord and Savior, Elistraee? She is basically the goddess of being naked and dancing and stabbing bad people.
Well I did hear how dear Lollth, spanked her for being a naughty girl and send her off into corner to sulk till she crawled back into the open.

Two days until the IC post goes up. :ferret:

OH I'M SURE EVERYONE WILL BE FINE, REALLY.

NO DOUBT. And absolutely everyone will post, right?

RIGHT?

Toorg is loved.

Well, Gabriel not with standing, he's loved :D.
Good thing Gabriel doesn't count because he's a lame old stick in the mud.

Toorg is loved.

Toorg is loved.

Well, Gabriel not with standing, he's loved :D.
Gabe doesn't hate Toorg. Gabe just realizes there's something messed up about an entity with the mindset of a child smashing shit. He isn't phased whatsoever by the appearance of something, far moreso he invests in their nature. He holds the same opinion of Sloth's Child--Meryl--for this reason: They're both children with far, far too much power, who enjoy acts which manifest pain on other people. :ferret:

EDIT

Essentially, Gabriel is the only character in the Companion list who has the wisdom to understand that what Toorg looks like is not necessarily who Toorg is, and at present, he is basically a weaponized entity with the mindset of a child.

Reactions: Orion
Guidelines
  • Post once per round. A "round" is established each time the GM (me) posts. This is a soft rule: It can be ignored if the situation permits and it is appropriate, such as for collaborative posts.
  • The more actions you take in a single round, the less chance of success all actions overall will have. This is especially true in combat: If you focus everything into avoiding an attack, odds are good you'll succeed. Your character will have to split their concentration over multiple tasks if you do more than that, so if you plan on a counter-attack after avoiding an attack, your odds of evading the initial attack will drop a little. Not substantially, but a little. This is how I counter godmoders: If you try to do everything at once, you will fail at everything.
  • Conversely: If you intentionally attempt to support team mates, or team mates support you, your odds of success increase a little. Ergo, boss monsters or difficult puzzles which may overwhelm you individually can be taken care of with team work, and coming to the defense of an ally or attacking an enemy already engaged with an ally increases odds of success without self-injury as well.
  • You must select a special item during your first round or else forfeit having one. You can find the item list here: (Scroll down to Requisitions List.)
  • Below these guidelines, and with each proceeding GM post, you'll see something called an "Action Log" posted in the OOC. This details what actions the GM perceives your character to have done, so you can see directly what I saw from your post. Ergo if I missed something, you can point it out. If I get grumpy about it, remember I'm probably not angry at you, I'm probably angry at myself.

Action Log

This may be expanded from time to time if people find certain things vague. Consider this a reference to any strange terminology you may encounter in the log.

NAT: No Actions Taken. Will behave as though character hesitated. While not defenseless, it is highly recommended you avoid this. At the start of missions, since you've had no opportunity to commit to any actions yet, don't worry about it.

Pinned/Disabled: Character in question is unable to escape the grasp of a spell or creature and requires allied assistance immediately. If left to their own devices, they may escape, so long as no other enemies interfere.

NPC Behaviours: These are behaviours that NPC's can be assigned to. They can do a mix of behaviours.
  • Independent: Character will behave independently of the PC's, and depending on their personality, and established relationships, may or may not prefer to support player actions or act alone.
  • Under Orders: Character is doing as a player requested of them. If the order seems suicidal or the NPC dislikes you enough, they may bawk at given orders and behave independently instead.
  • Aggressive: (During Combat) If character is engaged in combat, they'll be on the front line, attempting to punish enemies from afar with magic or ranged weapons or up close and personal with melee weapons.
  • Defensive: (During Combat) If character is engaged in combat, they'll be focused on keeping allies out of harms way through magic and keeping enemies from causing them harm.
  • Passive: (During Combat) Character will not engage in combat and will actively attempt to keep themselves safe from harm. If possible, they'll support allies at minimal risk, if any.
Modifiers: Bonuses to actions based on how your character is behaving, should it make sense. GM Interpreted.
  • Defensive+: Bonus to defense, as a result of the player holding a position and remaining alert and ready.

Pet/Item: Your selected item from the Requisitions List will be displayed in your character action list, indented beneath your character. Currently active pets and summons are also here, so it should be clear who owns what on the battlefield. Pets and summons without names will be assigned names if necessary to differentiate them from opposing creatures with similar descriptions.

Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

Group 1 (Players)
  • Murderok: Attacks the roof above the throne with Manbreaker.
    • Magic-Breaker (Item): Blocks one spell.
  • Zinnarath 'Zin' Corsys: Tries, so very hard, to get Dirge on her side.
  • Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough: Readies to fight half-orc.
    • Books (Item--Unique): Illusion & Swamps of Time. (+Lore knowledge.)
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Heals any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Abjaar 'Bastille' Korsair: Pulls out his axe, then pulls out his chains and throws them at the half-orc, presumably having sheathed his axe?
  • Mikan: Engages Dirge and keeps him from killing Abjaar.
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Dean Hansen: Locked up by Dire Wolf. Resists fear effect.
Group 3 (Enemies)
  • Dirge: Powerful Orc Knight, bound by oath to James the Illusionist. Plate mail armour, massive warhammer, the speed to use both effectively.
  • Two Half-Orcs: Each wielding a mace and a large wooden shield, along with leather armour. (Cennick trait: The Half-Orcs don't have the strength of a full Orc and more easily succumb to bloodlust, which makes them fight harder, but with far less self-defense.)
  • Dire Wolf: A powerful alpha wolf that can inspire fear in victims it pins. (Cennick trait: It always attempts pins via flanking attacks.)

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

Group 1 (Players)
  • Sonia: Going along the left, outside of chain range, to reach magical items.
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Can call forth spirit with personal or ancestral connections to aid you in animal form. One use.
  • Doctor Steven Adian Gremlock: Hardening spell on Armerza's armour.
    • Imperial Missive (Item): Summons 3-5 Imperial Scouts to your location from closest point. One use.
  • Armerza Gilkak: Makes a plan. She speaks to the Golem, getting between it and the mages.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Heals any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Fahim: Tanks a hit and is recovering from it.
  • Veira: Dragging the reforming Fahim back towards Sonia after using her magic to quickly deposit her near the objectives area.
Group 2 (Enemies)
  • Ruins Golem: Short chains with a range of 8-10 feet on its arms. Powerful.

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

Group 1 (Players)
  • Kasim Amibilus: Asks which side of the family his grandfather is on (mother/father) and how he ended up a slave. Gets ready to attack.
    • Goran Amibilus (Dire Wolf): Ready to fight.
  • Laenaia: Prepares to wreath the rope in shadows to protect those going down.
    • Seal of the Trader (Item): Convince merchants and the underbelly of society to side with you instantly.
  • Rayvon Krayvitch: Ready to protect. (Defensive+)
    • Haruuk: Is a wolf. Woof!
  • Andrea Llolth'Allin: Offers her minion to Huil, prepares a spell to kill one of the orcs below.
    • Minion (Undead Orc): ?
    • Huil (Giant Spider): ... Hisss?
  • Zoe Vasilios: Issuing orders.
  • Gabriel: Ready to fight.
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Can call forth spirit with personal or ancestral connections to aid you in animal form. One use.
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Princess Helénē: Ready to fight, staying against a wall for now.
Group 3 (Enemies)
  • Four Orc Guards: Armed with axes and shields, in light armour.
  • Agent of Wrath: Armed with a twenty foot long, chain & hook whip. Black plate mail armour.
  • Tribe Leader: Two handed, black axe.
  • ? Orcs: Likely hundreds, swarming into the cavern system from all directions. A ticking time bomb for all concerned, though thankfully coming from above much sooner than below...

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Group 1 (Players)
  • Esyllt Boudica: Instructs Unamo to help Child, puts Nyla into her crystal.
    • Venatrix: Amazonian Metal Golem.
  • Child: Has a meltdown.
  • Maeven Lucre--Mechanist ARGMOC: Asks for aid from the spirit to purge the place of demons, becomes something... More. (Automaton Reconnaissance Golem Mobile Operations Centre.)
    • Fafnir the Father (Mecha-Dragon): ?
  • Aslo: Interrogated Imp, collab with me involving Unamo.
  • Nyla Valerius: Trapped in Esyllt's magical container.
  • Unamo: Calming Child down, immensely confused about what's going on.
Group 2 (Prisoners)
  • Brave Imp: Awestruck by what's going on.
Group 3 (ARGMOC)
  • All limbs functioning, no secondary armaments.
  • ARGMOC City Sensor network online.
  • Maeven is in control.
Group 4 (Enemies)
  • Agent of Pride: Bone-covered wings akin to those of an angel, longsword & shield. Longsword is wreathed in dark flames. Wearing plate mail.
  • Two Lust Hounds: Fast-moving wolf creatures, with a strange saliva. ARGOS is unable to discern what the saliva is: It's not equipped for scientific testing.
  • Tulerian Artillery: No dedicated crew for it. They only have a few shots left.
  • Doom Guard: A large, horned demon. Fifteen feet tall, with a large axe, and hooved feet.
  • Eight Imps: Scattered and attempting to reach the South area, where the Tulerian artillery is. The Brave Imp was wrong: They're not hiding, they're regrouping.

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Group 1 (Players)
  • Aëyr: Stays a few yards away from the melee fighting. Orders Imperial Scouts to attack flying creatures, attacks flying creatures.
  • Yuri Elrivvin: Ready to fight, protecting Aeyr & Imperial Scouts. (Defensive+)
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Can heal any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Arkos Cernunnos: Punch-spike fist weapons made, informs group adversary coming from the east.
  • Toorg: Gets ready to fight the incoming scorpion from the east.
  • Otto Kastner: Leading Buccaneer group, slowly becoming exhausted.
  • Quar Velathari: Preparing a spell...
Group 2 (Allies-Surface)
  • Five Buccaneers. This includes Mas'ud Campos. Engaged in melee with: Doom Guard, Humanoid Demons.
  • Three Imperial Scouts, all armed with mechanical bows. Assignment: Attack flying creatures.
Group 3 (Allies-Underground)
  • Three magician-buccaneers.
Group 4 (Enemies-Surface)
  • One fifteen-feet tall doom guard, engaged.
  • One fifteen-foot tall doom guard, laying on the ground bleeding to death, but might still attack anyone who goes near it.
  • Two man-sized winged creatures, evading.
  • Nine humanoid demons, engaged.
  • Agent of Lust, turning back.
  • Burrowing Creature, grappling Toorg.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Next Post: Saturday 5th, September.

By the way, @Goldmarble if you want my true opinion of your collaborative efforts with @Atlas Child & @Maxim just look in the action log. It will become instantly clear.

@Limeypanda ...
#1 said:
As a little blood rolls down to his knee, a sanguine look comes into his eyes as he grabs the chain and pulls, sending Abjaar off balance, though he managed to remain on his feet.
Half-Orc: 15.
Abjaar: 15. (Strength equal, defender wins.)

#2 said:
As Abjaar regains his balance, he would notice Dirge's large warhammer swinging for him. He manages to heft his axe in its way in time and takes a step back, instead feeling the force of the hammer collide with his weapon and nearly rip it straight out of his hands.
Dirge: (total) 15.
Abjaar: (Total) 16.

#3 said:
As he recovers, the half-orc had managed to hobble-run over, and was already swinging its mace at him. He stumbles back, the mace only superficially making contact by brushing against his chest.
Half-Orc: 14.
Abjaar: 14. <- Are you fucking kidding me? Dice Gods, why?

I don't normally share dice rolls, but this was ridiculous enough to share on its own. Because seriously. I don't know whether the Dice Gods want me to sacrifice Abjaar or herald him as having an aura of being an asshole so powerful, that even weapons cannot penetrate it.

Announcement: Remember those times I was saying "I'm updating LoR's stuff" in relation to the OOC? Well...

giphy.gif

You may notice the occasional small change here or there, however, the majority of the changes will be coming when this wave of missions ends. It should also be noted that I'm updating LoR 2 from Creation 2 to Creation 3.5 with the Factions extension. This may mean trait system changes. If that should happen, I'll make it very clear how the new system works, and will inform you of what your current trait levels change into. Your custom traits shouldn't need to change whatsoever, and if the system transfer works, you may even get more trait points to work with than what you would have gotten before!

@Tempest @Kestrel @Kadaeux may inquire as to the full extent of the changes if they wish, as I trust them to know me and to properly rebound ideas off about it. I also trust them to keep their mouths shut about it if they do ask. :ferret: As for everyone else, you'll just have to stick around and wait.

However, you may notice small changes with the action log already. The information is getting streamlined and useless crap is getting tossed out. It'll also be getting changed when Creation 3.5 /w Factions hits. :ferret:

• Abjaar 'Bastille' Korsair: Pulls out his axe, then pulls out his chains and throws them at the half-orc, presumably having sheathed his axe?
Intended to draw axe in one hand, and unfurl chains which are normally wrapped around arm. I should clarify that.
@Limeypanda ...

Half-Orc: 15.
Abjaar: 15. (Strength equal, defender wins.)

Dirge: (total) 15.
Abjaar: (Total) 16.

Half-Orc: 14.
Abjaar: 14. <- Are you fucking kidding me? Dice Gods, why?

I don't normally share dice rolls, but this was ridiculous enough to share on its own. Because seriously. I don't know whether the Dice Gods want me to sacrifice Abjaar or herald him as having an aura of being an asshole so powerful, that even weapons cannot penetrate it.
Oh...Oh my...

I almost want to ask about modifiers here, but I know you can't tell me.

On the bright side, Mikan hasn't followed through on the 'Fuck you Abjaar ' plan yet.

But damn, do I ever want Zin to succeed.
Yeah, you and me both.

I want Dirge as an ally NPC to replace Eric. >_>

Yeah, you and me both.

I want Dirge as an ally NPC to replace Eric. >_>
I forget who said it, but whoever it was said it best when they mentioned how useful Dirge would be as an Orc Warchief with Orcs hopefully coming into the fold soon.

EDIT: Not to mention his sons would probably stand as a pretty strong argument to the "Orcs and ____ cannot coexist"

I forget who said it, but whoever it was said it best when they mentioned how useful Dirge would be as an Orc Warchief with Orcs hopefully coming into the fold soon.

EDIT: Not to mention his sons would probably stand as a pretty strong argument to the "Orcs and ____ cannot coexist"

The Goblin Holds already exist as a strong argument against Orcs being unable to co-exist with other races :p

But it's not the Orcs in the Goblin Holds that need to be reigned in. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.