Λbscence [Sign Ups & OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

sun.

What good is just one wing?
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Anime-esque, sci-fantasy, adventure, cyberpunk, high-fantasy, Victorian fantasy. comedic slice of life
[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]S I G N U P S | & | O O C[/bg]​

Quick Thread Links:
Lore | In Character

Welcome all, here you can sign up and chat/plot/goof around with each other. I hope to see some lively socializing in here, and that everyone has a good time. Before we get to the juicy character creation process though, here are the rules:

● All site rules apply, obviously. While the roleplay almost certainly will incorporate violence, cussing, and gore--and definitely has room for romance and the like, this is not an explicit Red star roleplay. It follows, no such content shall be posted. Fade to black if you wanna do the frickfrack.
● Jakers is co-GM of this roleplay, and his decisions should be just as respected as mine.
● Be pleasant. No fighting in the OOC, no godmodding, no bunnying, no bitching. If you have issues with anything, please handle it maturely. I'll happily serve as a middle party, but let's just get along, alright?
● You should read everything. I won't make a big fuzz out of small things, but I need all players to be aware of the rules and the setting, and consider them properly. Also read all the posts posted by other players.
● I expect to see weekly activity. Ideally more than a single post, but let's keep it at one post per week as the minimum. If you can't make it due to your scheduele, let me know beforehand, and I'll consider that while moving around the party. If you constantly excuse yourself, however, I may have to at least temporarily remove your character.
● I'd highly appreciate detailed posts. I don't want you to squeeze out ten pages of purple prose, but put effort and thought into your posts. Also, 'cause I know it irks some people, let's stick to third person please.
● Players should take initiative. There is no posting order, and while I fully intend to keep a consistent flow of GM Posts (i.e. posts that further the overall plot) I do expect players to be active, not purely reactive.
● You better have a ton of fun. :P

You can find the character sheet HERE. Please mark work in progress sheets as such, so I know when to go over them.

The application process will consist of two parts. The first part is obviously just filling out the sheet. If your sheet is accepted, I'll give you a prompt, which will most likely revolve around how your character got to the beginning of the roleplay. Sort of a "A peek into the day of your character" type-of-thing. This will ensure that everyone who is accepted as thoroughly understood the setting, and developed a feeling for it.

[/bG]

Last edited:
Hi, loving it so far. Out of curiosity, is there further info to be had regarding what the types (Light/Twilight/etc) denote, or is that to be discovered later ICly?

(probably gonna be dropping in with a cerberus mechanic of some sort)

Last edited:
Reactions: alaska
[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

Silhouette – Kana-Boon​

pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Fitbit, Merrill
place of birth: Bonheim
height: 160cm/5'3"
weight: 54kg/120lbs
appearance: A lady of fair complexion, golden hair and eyes the colour of jade and everglades, she carries herself in a masculine manner, preferring to swagger along with a gait both lazy and confident in equal measure. Her voice is inherently soft, although Merrill's speedy and bright delivery attempts its utmost to project her words clearly. As far as clothing goes, Merrill finds comfort in trickets and accessories, and will strap on belts that serve no purpose, as well as any bracelet she can find.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: The very caricature of easy-going joviality, Merrill approaches life with abandon and an infectious happiness that infects those around her. Knowledge and creativity are the twin pillars that define her life, even when it comes to (or perhaps, especially when it comes to) trivial matters. With that said, a side of her is very severe when it comes to the upholding of traditions, bonds, debts and agreements of honor, even if it forces her into a realm of amorality.

history:
○ [2276] – Born in the middle district of Bonheim to caring mother Isabella and loving father Tocino. Tocino was both a mechanic for Cerberus machines, as well as a Cerberus driver for a rogue crew, his employment used to pay off a blood debt to the crew.
○ [2281] – Isabella Fitbit passes away, having been weak of body for years following Merrill's birth. Tocino is rarely around to raise his daughter, leaving Merrill to find parental figures and friends through neighbors. She grows up wondering about Tocino's absences, yet happily well-adjusted.
○ [2285] – Tocino appears at home more often, inserting himself into Merrill's life. While he is secretive and wholly unwilling to describe the reasoning for his long periods away from home, he nonetheless bonds with Merrill by introducing her to the beauty of the Cerberus machine, and begins teaching her the basics of being a mechanic.
○ [2287] – Tocino's continued presence at home begins to become sparse once again. However, he deems eleven-year old Merrill, who has progressed prodigiously at her trade, to be worthy of taking over the Garage. Young and eclectic, Merrill combines the Garage with a sandwich shop, naming it the 'Roadkill Deli'. Charming.
○ [2289] – Young Merrill, thoroughly in love with the beauty of the Cerberus machine and enamored with creativity and creation, develops the 'Psycho Canine' modification.
○ [2295] – Tocino appears, dying, upon the doorstep of Roadkill Deli. With his dying breaths, he details to Merrill the nature of his blood debt, his life having been saved by a crew of rogues. He impresses upon Merrill her responsibility to fulfill the remainder of the debt.
○ [2297] – When Merrill turns eleven, she is approached by strange men, who allude to Tocino's debt. They ask for her services, knowing her as an expert in all things to do with Cerberus machinery. She consents. Her first job is a smash and grab upon a market in the inner district.
○ [2299] – With Merrill's allowance, the Roadkill Haven becomes a point of interest for rogues who, under aliases, are able to send in parts for repair or requisitions.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: N/A
Lumina: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills: Exceptional Cerberus mechanic // Excellent Cerberus driver // Sandwich Artist // Owner of a Heavily-Modified Cerberus, Modifications Below:
Cerberus Model Custom: "Sweet Sister"
1. System Mod "Hail Mary"; The seat ejects through rocket propulsion, and is able to be manually piloted through air.
2. System Mod "Lightning Yari"; Front chassis ejects a grappling hook to latch onto other vehicles, capable of releasing system-debilitating shocks.
3. System Mod "Psycho Canine"; Legs unfold from the Cerberus, allowing it to serve as a Quadruped machine with impressive leaping capabilities and change of direction.
4. Mounted machine guns, front chassis.

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rissa and sun.
Hi, loving it so far. Out of curiosity, is there further info to be had regarding what the types (Light/Twilight/etc) denote, or is that to be discovered later ICly?

(probably gonna be dropping in with a cerberus mechanic of some sort)

Glad you're digging it. :) There will be more information on that in a bit, yeah. For quick information: It's really as simple as that the powers related to light-ish things, darkness-ish things, and then a mix of both. The powers post should be updated in a few minutes. :)

Edit: And it's in there!

Last edited:
@Shizuochan

Okay, so I read through it, and I'm REALLY liking her a lot already. Also wow, your sheet being of such high quality in so little time is getting me really excited to see your posts. :D

Only little issue I have is with the Roadkill Deli being a Rogue gathering point WITHIN Bonheim. Basically, and I apologize for not making this clearer, Bonheim is closely tied to Magna. It is highly regulated in who can enter and even who can leave. It is it's own, isolated bubble in the middle of nowhere. So it'd be very difficult to have a steady circulation of outlaws coming and going. However, I do think we can make it work. Perhaps we could make it so that Rogues can use aliases to ship their repair-needy gear to her shop, and she's basically in steady contact with said Rogues, just that it's more of a smuggling/transfer sorta thing? Would that work for you?

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue
Wondering if that'd be a problem was actually a point of apprehension for me xD.

Yes, that would certainly work for me. Will edit!

Reactions: alaska
*peeks in*

*pulls in*

Come in, my darling <3

Wondering if that'd be a problem was actually a point of apprehension for me xD.

Yes, that would certainly work for me. Will edit!

Awesome. :) Okay, so your sheet is tip top and lovely. As I love the idea of a Cerberus expert, I'd love for you to give me a peek into Merrill's work for a prompt. This can be either a typical day in the shop, or even a big moment, like the development of the Psycho Canine mod. Length is up to you, ideally it's representative of an average post of yours. :)

• Love
Reactions: rissa and Aero Blue
W.I.P.

[bG=#f6f3ed]

It Remembers - Every Time I Die​

pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: - Givenni, Torres
place of birth: Santisma
height: 178cm / 5'8ft
weight: 64kg / 141lbs
appearance: Torres is a lanky, toned woman. Despite her apparant lack of discipline, her body is quite toned, and her muscles are often on display due to her preference for cropped and/or sleeveless tops. She has thick eyebrows, a sharp, short nose, and clever eyes, which usually carry an absent-minded or challenging look.
Torres is fond of dying her hair in outrageous colors, which her pale complexion accentuates. Closely around clavicle height, she has a set of scars and tattoos, which form a line around her frame. Additionally, a variety of tattoos adorn the rest of her body; The most peculiar of which are a chaotic assembly of black lines all across her legs, and two stylized fishhooks on her right cheek.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Torres is a lackadaisical personality, prefering to entertain herself from afar instead of actively engaging situations. However, she greatly values wealth, and thus experiences energetic periods whenever her greed takes over, and she's set her sights on seizing whatever opportunity presents itself. If swayed from such a situation, it usually comes with her lamenting about missed opportunities; A behavior that has been the target of some ridicule by friends for its blatant childishness.

Torres has a talent for getting a rise out of other people, even without explicit intent. Usually, this is rooted in her dismissiveness and tendency to throw snarky remarks from the sidelines. While situations rarely escalate due to her lack of interest in conflicts, it isn't out of the question for her to challenge authority out of stupidity, and not knowing when to keep quiet. Surprisingly, Torres is secretive, prefering not to disclose too much information about her past or her activties. She likes to joke about being a truely terrible person, however, and has a dark, sometimes even morbid sense of humor. Accordingly, she seems to have a loose definition of morality, abiding by her own idea of right and wrong, while having little regard for formal laws.

history:
○ [2273] - Torres is born the illegitimate child of Tommaso Givenni and Laga Banestorm. With the Banestorm's disapproval of Laga's relationship with the mobster, Laga and Tommaso keep the child's birth a secret. Tommaso quickly integrates the girl into his family, presenting her as the bastard child of one of his flings.
○ [2274] - Shortly after her birth, Torres is brought to Seagull Body, where the Givenni's family mansion is located. After convincing his father, Tommaso arranges for Torres to be brought up within the family ranks, knowing the family would serve as protection.
○ [2290] - After years of trying to get a peek into the family business, Torres begins her apprenticeship with Tommaso's father, El Patron himself, in spite of Tommaso's protests. She quickly begins to regret her eagerness, as she begins her training as an agent of the largest mafia in New Pharona and all of Creation.
○ [2294] - Over the years, Torres' reservation about the immoral operations of her father's family have faded. In their place, Torres has developed greed and a heartless attitude.
○ [2297] - At the age of 23, Torres is in charge of a small branch of La Familia, and is internally known for her coldheartedness. Tommaso falls into a depression, blaming himself for his daughter's development.
○ [2298] - La Familia receives information of a supposed future shipment of an Eclipse Fruit. Torres is one of various agents assigned to steal the fruit during its delivery. Tommaso receives last minute knowledge of the fact that the fruit is supposed to be shipped to a Banestorm, and asks to remove Torres from the mission. His request denied, he, against the orders of El Patron, informs Torres of the fact, and finally reveals her heritage. Torres is struggling to cope with knowing that her maternal family rejected her.
○ [2299] - Having developed her own plan during the preparation, Torres participates as planned, and retrieves the Fruit on its way to Banestorm. Instead of delivering it back to La Familia, however, she blindsides her underlings and escapes with the fruit, turning her back on the mafia.
○ [2300] - Having gone into hiding, to avoid revenge by La Familia, Torres has largely retired her father's name, and begins trying to figure out the stolen Eclipse Fruit's power.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: Name of Fruit Light/Darkness/Twilight
- Technique/Ability 1
- Technique/Ability 2
- Technique/Ability 3
If none, delete the format for it and put N/A. Remember that Eclipse Fruits are rare, always fit their specification, and may not occure multiple times. Unless there is a good reason for your character to have one, they shouldn't have one as of now.
Skills: Whatever "human" skill your character possesses. Can be combat related or not. Cooking, firearm training, playing ball, whatever you like.

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited:
[bG=#f6f3ed]

Tombstone - Adam Jensen​

pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Jäger, A. Diederick
place of birth: Bonheim
height: 185cm/6'1"
weight: 78kg/174lbs
appearance: Diederick is a physically imposing older man who's seemingly permanent weary expression speaks testament to his years in Creation. Hard lines above and around a pair of electric blue eyes, Diederick's visage is one that is as striking as it is somber. His hair—which was once a rich dark brown—has gone completely gray over the years. Physically, Diederick is built strongly despite some noticeable wear and tear. Most of his muscle is centered around his upper body and forearms while admittedly he has a rounder midsection thanks to years of alcohol abuse. Moreover, Diederick's has scars spanning his entire form and a cigarette perpetually finds its way between his lips. His right arm was amputated long ago and has since been replaced by a fully functional prosthetic substitute. He typically wears a mask while traversing the wastelands of Create.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: A former Watcher-rank agent of the Magna Corp, Diederick is well capable of conducting himself in a manner that is professional and befitting of a military man. Nobody gives a damn about professionalism in the wastes though. Gruff, firm, but a distinct penchant for cynical wit, Diederick is ultimately the chaotic neutral sort. While he may have his own code of morals that he follows to a fault, he no longer feels the need to force his way of thinking on others. He is willing to overlook the crime and vice of others so long as he isn't directly affected. Try and pick a fight with him however and he won't hesitate to put a bullet right between your eyes.

history:
○ [2245] - Diederick Alfonse Jäger is born into a comfortable upbringing within the heart of Bonheim. His father was a well respected agent of Magna and his mother, a socialite with a hidden mean streak. He is groomed from very early on to follow his father into the Corp.
○ [2263] - At the age of eighteen, Diederick joins the Magna Corp as a novice and flies through training. Fellow entry-level agents treat him with disdain, inferring that his father was pulling strings in order for Diederick to progress so quickly.
○ [2264] - Within a year of joining, Diederick becomes a fully fledged officer garnering attention in particular for his accuracy with firearms. He gets placed in a border security position handling anyone who attempts to enter or leave Bonheim without Magna Corp's sanction.
○ [2271] - Seven years into the job, cracks in Diederick's loyalty to Magna Corp begin to show. After capturing plenty escapees and being forced into listening to their stories while transporting them he begins to feel conflicted about the very laws he's sworn to enforcing.
○ [2275] - After twelve years of service, Diederick get promoted to the position of Watcher. His sharpshooting is as good as ever. He meets and falls in love with a middle-district Bonheim native dangerously curious about the outside world. Fiona.
○ [2282] - Life shifts drastically for Diederick when the emperor dies and his granddaughter succeeds his place. He wants to marry Fiona but his lover, who was dissatisfied by how Magna Corp ran things in the city, is determined to leave Bonheim before settling down.
○ [2283] - Diederick and Fiona apply to leave the city but are turned down. Fiona, refusing to give up, creates a plan so they can leave. The evening of their escape unexpected circumstances make it scrappy but they manage. Slowly but surely they make the return to Atlas.
○ [2288] - Diederick and Fiona marry and live life quietly in Atlas under aliases. They have a daughter together, Isabelle, whom they love.
○ [2291] - Bonheim declares war on Atlas and intending to keep his family safe, Diederick put his sharpshooting abilities to use by joining the war effort. A stray mine in the battlefield maims the man but he survives and is brought back home and given a mechanical arm.
○ [2295] - An attack from Bonheim hits the neighborhood where Diederick is living and he is powerless to prevent the death of his wife and child. Diederick leaves Atlas heartbroken and furious and assassinates a few high ranking Watchers in retaliation. He is then branded a Rogue and given a bounty before disappearing once more into the wastes.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: N/A
Skills: Sharpshooter ◇ Physical Combatant ◇ Wasteland Survivor

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Tell me if I need to edit anything! Especially about Diederick and his history of being in Magna corp so I can make sure it's more in line with what you have in mind for the group. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: sun.
@BearEnthusiast

I like it! I actually have no issues at all with him military career, I think it's a cool idea. I didn't really think anyone would wanna be part of them, so that's a great surprise, hah. Only two little things about his history: There never was an explicit mention of him leaving Magna. I assume he was still serving (officially) at the time of his escape? Or did he retire properly?

While it's certainly possible to imigrate prior to the Bonheim/Atlas conflict, it is highly unusual. Bonheim is extreme in the way they are this super secluded bubble of a society. It actually even is uncommon for people to leave the city (which totally suits your description) but it'd be even more unusual for someone to be allowed to imigrate. You hinted at Fiona's reasons for coming to Bonheim, so I assume you had something in mind but wanted to perhaps keep it a surprise? Essentially, I'd just need a reason for her to migrate to Bonheim and be accepted. If you'd prefer, you can send it to me via PM as well. :) Otherwise I like the sheet a lot!

@alaska

Yay I'm glad you like it. Diederick was indeed still serving at the time of his escape. I had an idea for Fiona but after thinking it over a bit more I decided to just go ahead and edit her to be a Bonheim native who's always been dangerously curious about the outside world. Hope that works.

@alaska

Yay I'm glad you like it. Diederick was indeed still serving at the time of his escape. I had an idea for Fiona but after thinking it over a bit more I decided to just go ahead and edit her to be a Bonheim native who's always been dangerously curious about the outside world. Hope that works.

That's a-okay, your sheet is accepted. If you don't mind, as a writing prompt, I'd love to read the couple's unapproved escape from Bonheim, I think that'd be super interesting.

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue and Bears
I'll hit you with the prompt come the weekend; been a bit unnaturally exhausted cause werkwerkwerkwerkwerk

--- JUST KIDDING, prompt below

The lighting of the Roadkill Deli was, in a word, sub-optimal.

Merrill sat behind the counter of the ad-hoc sandwich shop, the platinum sheen of her hair nearly the foremost light source of the joint. The assortment of lights was a travesty, non-functional motes scattered about intermittently. Fixing them would have to wait – in the meantime, her clientele noted that it added a 'grungy' aesthetic. Pretentious jargon, but at the very least it gave her time to slack and stall regarding the décor. Décor was business, and business was important – at least that was what Tocino had impressed upon her – but sometimes…

Sometimes a girl needed to have some fun.

It was rare that a lowly mechanic got to indulge in the whims of imagination, but business was passable, cash flows were… well, existent, and a bout of insomnia had come over her. The girl unrolled an archaic scroll of parchment, adorned with the loving caress of pencil scribbles and shavings. Some ungodly design presented itself, a chimeric of beast and machine, Cerberus reverting to its namesake. A contraption, gloriously mounted on four legs. 'Cerberus' would have been a lovely project name, but that was taken.

And so, Merrill opted for something lowkey and tasteful. Like 'Psycho Canine'.

She eyed the barebones frame of Model Type-0, the prototypical machine that she had yet to complete, from her counter. It was strange to have a full-blown machine in the center of a sandwich shop, but strange was her modus operandi; it liberated her. Tocino had taught her that to some, tinkering with a science and to others an art. The scientists liked to optimize; aerodynamics, power efficiency. The artists on the other hand; they tended to be clueless, hapless. And that was beautiful all the same.

Merrill dragged herself from her perch, and mounted Type-0. It wasn't the most sophisticated or top of the line Cerberus, but there was a certain comfort about its relative quaintness. Tocino had once told her that comfort mattered when it came to the machine, something about the inexorable link between-

She purged the thought from her mind, poetry in words was too complicated. Left and right side of the handlebar alike bore a single switch. Her fingers delicately pushed, and the machine came to life with a whir. It was sinfully simplistic, such spectacle and feel at the press of a button, as if linking the synapses to the machine. However childlike, there was a joy to this.

The legs of the Psycho-Canine were of particularly special make. It would have been a simple enough matter to bestow upon the appendages with the same propulsion system as the Cerberus itself, but that would have been a cop-out. And no fun at all. Instead, the legs had been segmented, like the joints of a human, every knob powered with pneumatics and good old spring systems, and designed in ways to allow for humanoid flexibility. A second switch caused the legs to erupt from the body of the Cerberus. It warmed the heart, as Type-0 roared, sending chills down her spine as she revved up the gears, and soothing the deepest cockles of her soul as it-

CRASH.

Send itself flying through the front wall of the Roadkill Deli.

Oops.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Bears
@Shizuochan

q0AY0.gif

IT'S BEAUTIFUL! You are denied entry on the grounds of being a much better writer than me!!!

No, of course not, welcome aboard, and please never leave. <3 Happy to have you!

• Thank You
Hello, I'd like to applaud and praise this wonderful creation of yours (no pun intended :p).

Also, after briefly skimming the lore thread, I'd love to create a character--after delving deeper into the lore section first, of course! You can expect a WIP Character sheet from me...within the weekend hopefully (or, you know, possibly a completed sheet. Depends on the amount of sleep I actually achieve.)

• Love
Reactions: sun.
Hello, I'd like to applaud and praise this wonderful creation of yours (no pun intended :p).

Also, after briefly skimming the lore thread, I'd love to create a character--after delving deeper into the lore section first, of course! You can expect a WIP Character sheet from me...within the weekend hopefully (or, you know, possibly a completed sheet. Depends on the amount of sleep I actually achieve.)

Thank you, and please, ALL the puns. :p

I'm looking forward to your sheet, but do get some sleep. XD If you have any question just shoot, I'll be happy to help out whereever needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.