"No, it's... fine. I picked up some Chinese food," she murmured as she set the takeaway bag down as evidence. She had thought that she'd enter with the food so she could plate it all out as he sobbed, which seemed to have come true. He was shaking and stammering, verging on tears as he recalled the events at the bank she had obviously taken part in and observed with her own eyes.

But she couldn't take pleasure from that. Hearing him talk about her was supposed to bring her great joy, but she couldn't get out of her own head and her own confusion to acknowledge that. She had whacked him over the head at least four times, seen blood and heard cracks. He should be in agony, dazed and muddled, laying on the couch, afraid to move in case he vomited.

He should not be able to pace about without a single scratch on him. It just wasn't... possible, and while she knew that she couldn't dwell on it, her mind was unable to let that fact go.

"...That sounds dreadful," she murmured flatly again, only until reminding herself that she needed to act concerned and sympathetic, as she'd practised for the last few hours in glee. "Baby, that sounds terrible! That... villain-- you're lucky to get away unharmed! She... didn't hurt you, did she?"

"No." He mumbled as put Noatak into the cage. "Thankfully I was able to get out of there unscratched....I couldn't say th-the same f-for..." He whispered, before gaging as if he were to throw up, his tears in his eyes as he shook. "...I..I think I'm just gonna go to bed...Classes are...Tomorrow right? I...I just...I just want to f-forget wh-what happened." He whispered. He needed to do some more planning on how to pay back Baby Doll. Oh, he was so going to hurt her.

"Th-Thanks...For the Ch-Chinese...I'll eat it i-in the morning." He mumbled with a trembling smile before wobbling to his room, shutting and locking his door, once he was behind the safety of his door, he dropped his act. He literally looked....Emotionless. Like he didn't care for anything. And he didn't. He didn't care he saw his friend die in person. He's killed before, and he killed his own friend before as well, so none of it mattered to him. What mattered was up'ing Baby Doll, showing her who was boss.

If Lucus had simply said that he had indeed been hit, she would have still found it a little weird, but she would have had to accept it. She would have had to just accept that maybe her memory was playing tricks on her and that she hadn't hit him as hard as she seemed to recollect. That would have been the conclusion she would have had to come to if he had simply said that he had been hurt--

But he didn't do that. He said he escaped 'unscathed'. That was hardly going to calm her mind down, which currently was on fire with confusion as she flopped to the couch with the takeaway on her lap. She could have accepted not hitting him hard enough-- but she did hit him. She knew that much. So why he was lying about it did just confuse her. Maybe he was just embarrassed about being hit by a girl-- though Lucus didn't seem like that sort of guy...

Either way, none of this was making much sense to her, but like hell was she going to assume he could heal himself. That wasn't at all even on the periphery of her mind. She thought Lucus was just some bog-standard, normal guy. Not her nemesis.

Nevertheless, the next night, Lucus, or should I say The White Shadow, was out doing his original plan. Which was robbing the richest man in London blind. He had used his hawk to tamper with the camera system, so the cameras weren't even picking him up. Once in, he shut off the motion sensors and deactivated the fingerprint scanners in the 'safe room' where the man kept all his valuables. And his guards? He knocked out the ones he needed to. Basically, he robbed this man, before anyone even knew anything was happening. That was how he usually did things. The only way they knew he did it because he left a note with a white rose attached to it, saying he did it.

But in this note, he left a message for Baby Doll. Since he knew his letters always went viral, he knew she would have to see it. It was telling her to meet him. Meet him at the top of a skyscraper, if she wasn't afraid. And of course, the note went viral, and people were all raving about how the White Shadow pulled off something so dangerous and so impossible. How did he even steal from the richest man in London?! The next night, just like the note promised, he was waiting for her on top of the Skyscraper, in costume of course with the blonde wig on. He had his mask on as well, covering his entire face.

If there was one thing that was going to distract her from constantly concerning herself with Lucus, it was the White Shadow's apparent... message to her. She'd been sat on the couch at home, tucking into some ice-cream with a stack of books for her Politics class when, on the TV, she learned that her nemesis apparently wanted to meet her.

Now, a small part of her wanted to just ignore him. He had never called her out personally like that, and she was smart enough to know that there probably wasn't a good, kind reason behind it. However, there was really little to no chance of her even thinking about ignoring it. Regardless of the danger that might be present, she wanted nothing more than to deal with this other villain face-to-face. Above all else, there'd be some good publicity--

And there was. On the ground of the city, crowds had gathered; cameramen and women were waiting at the bottom of the skyscraper, rolling live footage about the villains' showdown. Hell, one TV station had a helicopter fly about to capture footage of the villains up nice and close.

Baby Doll, of course, did show up, donning a cute skeleton-themed dress and wearing a new bubblegum blue wig, pulling it into two adorable bunches either side of her head. Behind her skeleton mask, she grinned as she leaned against a pillar, eyeing the other villain slowly. "Well, I'm glad you called," she purred slowly, tapping her baseball bat against the ground. "If you wanted a date, darling, you could have personally sent me a letter~"

Her speech sounded....Oddly familiar. That 'darling' comment....Something Kayleigh would say. Of course, he didn't think they were the same person. He just thought his own thoughts were too cluttered with his flatmate. Lately, everything reminded him of her. Like yesterday when he was walking down the street and saw a dress in the window. He thought it was something she would wear.

Pushing away any thoughts of his roommate, he just scoffed, rolling his eyes. "As if I would ask the likes of you out for a date." Laughed the man. "I invited you here to get rid of you. I'm tired of sharing my platform with someone who is on a child's level." Smirking the man, e took out a lighter, flicking it on, before easier being the flame to his hand making it huge.

It was possible that he might guess who she was, simply because her personality and her style really didn't change too much. When she was Baby Doll, she was still Kayleigh, perhaps just an exaggerated, emphasised, more confident and cocky version, but generally, her personality didn't alter. Contrarily, there was no change she was going to assume her nemesis was Lucus. Lucus played the part of a normal student - he was nothing like that when he was the White Shadow. He was himself when he was him, nothing like the falsified personality he presented to the world, so he had no danger of being found out, at least not by Kayleigh.

"Oh, you're going to kill me, really? How utterly predictable. I expected more from you, Shadow, buddy. You can't kill me. It'd be boring for you. We're two halves of the same coin-- nah, I have a better metaphor. We're... like peanut butter and jelly, you know? A perfect combination; not as good without one another. Kill me and you'll be bored in a few months, I guarantee it. But hey, go on, do it~! If you're really that unimaginative, go for it. I dare you."

"You see, Doll, that's where you're wrong. You're an amateur, you're not close to my level of expertise. Your name suits you because you act much like a baby. I don't need you, nor do I want you. You are annoying, and when you're gone, everyone will all know me, and only me. The White Shadow will be famous throwout the world, and...No one will remember his silly little enemy, Doll Baby, right?" He asked purposely getting her name wrong, knowing it would piss her off.

Glancing at the loud helicopter in the hair, he shot his fireball at it, causing it to spiral out of control and crash into a neighboring building. Obviously, the people below all panicked and screamed. "Finally some peace and quiet. Now that we're alone, why don't we actually get started, hmm?"

"Oh, blah blah blah. You're an egomaniac, do you know that? You just love the sound of your own voice. Shame nothing interesting is leaving it, but oh well, maybe you'll become more interesting when you get into high school. You're just a little kid, right? I can't imagine an adult would be this immature and this... degrading of someone like me. I'm pretty fabulous-- and you're just threatened. But, baby, that's fine," she purred again, that sultry tone eventually making way for a derisive, ridiculing laugh that went on for a few seconds as she strolled confidently across to him.

"What are we getting started, exactly? Are you going to rip off my mask and kiss me? Oh, romantic. Or you're actually planning to kill me, which is less romantic and less interesting and just... ugh, boring."

"What do you have some sick crush on me?" He scoffed, before gripping her hair and bending her head back. He then leaned in close to whisper in her ear. "Listen closely, darling. I would never like some skanky, childish, and lowly girl like yourself. You sure it isn't you who's still in high school? Pathetic." He scoffed, before pushing her away, glaring at her through the mask.

"Ouch. Oh, that hurts. That really cuts me deep," she dramatically whined, resting a hand over her chest-- just as she'd done with Lucus just a few days before in their apartment. It was a typical 'Kayleigh' thing to do - whine dramatically for comical effect and rest her hand over where her heart was.

Now, if she knew it was Lucus behind the mask, she would change her reactions and her behaviourisms to make sure her identity remained hidden-- but importantly, she didn't know it was him. She was continuing to act like herself, assuming that there was a stranger behind the mask who didn't know how Kayleigh acted anyway, in her real life.

He stared at her, and obviously, he was taken back by what she had just done. That was something...Kayleigh would do. Only Kayleigh would do it. The more he thought about it...The more similar they became. Kayleigh was that same size...She liked those type of clothes...Her voice sounded just like her, and the way she acted was even the same.

Kayleigh De La Roche...Was Baby Doll? No...It couldn't be...If he got home quick enough...And if she wasn't there...He would have to accept it...Why would one of the richest girls in London, no in the United Kingdom be a thief?! It just didn't make sense! None at all. "...Baby Doll...I'm afraid this date of ours is going to be cut short. I just realized how awfully busy I am."

That, admittedly, caught the girl off guard. He had called her up here, made a big fuss in the media, had taunted her about her imminent death... and then before he could even attempt to harm her, he was just going? She liked to think that he was intimidated or scared, but she knew that wasn't the case. Something had struck him and he needed to go for whatever reason, and as curious as she was, nothing she could say was going to stop him acting upon what had just come to mind.

"Running away like a scaredy cat, hm? Can't say I'm that surprised," she laughed drily, running a hand through her blue wig with a disappointed tutting sound from behind her mask. "I am tougher and stronger than you, it's okay if you're scared, baby."

Manipulating the air around him, so he could basically fly, he glared at her. "...Trust me, this is far from running away." Growled the man, before hurriedly flying to his hideout. Once he was changed and what not, he hurried to his apartment. The whole ordeal took him about forty minutes tops. He ran into his apartment, now back as Lucus Ward.

He would pretend to be frantic and worry about her as if he was scared she was out there with those villains. "Kayleigh?!" He called, walking to her door, knocking on it. "Kayleigh?! Are you in there?" The more he thought about it the more Baby Doll reminded him of Kayleigh. They both called him pet names. Both were loud, both confident...And their voices were just alike. They...They were the same person. He knew this...But...Kayleigh De La Roche wasn't...She just couldn't be.

Kayleigh only managed to get home herself just a few minutes after Lucus arrived back, calling for her. Had she not got stuck in traffic; had she not bothered to take her car with her, she would have maybe made it back before Lucus and thus saved herself from his suspicion.

Unfortunately, she arrived back after him, which no real solid excuse to explain why she wan'tat the apartment. She had a gym bag over her shoulder, as though she'd spent an hour away at the gym, but the fact she hadn't broken a sweat that day sort of complicate that excuse a little.

"Hey Lucus," she greeted casually as she flopped to the couch, feigning exhaustion. "Boy, I'm just done for the day. Not gonna lift anther finger tonight."

She was Baby Doll...He knew she was. This...This was his arch nemesis. He...he had to plan this out. Plan out the perfect way to kill her. But for now, he had to continue acting as though he didn't know anything. "Kay, you....You were out? At the gym? Didn't you see the news? Those villains were out there, you could have gotten hurt." He whimpered, acting as though he really cared.

He even circled around the couch, hugging her tightly, trying not to just go for her neck and choke her out. Hugging her tightly, he whispered, "I don't want to lose another friend to one of those monsters." Pulling away, his pale grey eyes were lined with tears. Somebody, please get this boy and Oscar. "Sorry...I know I don't know you well but...I feel close to you, and...And..Let's just promise each other if those villains are spotted out, we just come back here okay? Away from danger, okay?" He knew she couldn't actually keep this promise, but he rather not have her suspecting him as well. If she found out who he really was, his plan would go to shit, so he had to keep up the act of Lucus Ward.

Lucus had been confusing her greatly the last few days, but nothing confused her more than the tight hug he offered, and the apparently worried, concerned tears that pricked at his eyes. This confused her more than seeing his wounds healed from her attack, and then him lying about it.

Rather than grow suspicious about it, though, she tilted head with a smile. It was easy to see that she'd fallen for his act - there wasn't a human on earth who would have doubted Lucus in that moment, and as smart as Kayleigh was, she wasn't exempt from believing an incredibly believable display of acting.

"You were worried about little old me?" She laughed, waving it off with a smile as she flopped to the couch, grabbing the pizza menu to look for something to order over the phone. "Lucus, buddy, I'm fine. Trust me-- but I appreciate it. I'll buy us pizza tonight, yeah?"

Wiping his tears, he gave her a weak smile and nodded. "Pizza...Pizza sounds good. I'm sorry I'm all...crying and stuff...Not the manliest thing to do." He laughed lightly looking at his enemy. His plan would have to be perfect. He needed Lucus Ward to become...Someone she held precious. And when he deemed that he was precious to her. The White Shadow would say he would kill Lucus if she continued to get in his way. If that didn't work, he would just have to kill her while at home, when her guard was done.

"What...What movie do you want to watch tonight? I believe you owe me a movie yeah? For making me worry like that." Chuckled the man as he ruffled her soft locks.

"Ugh, don't say that. You can cry, that's fine. I mean, only real men cry," she lightly replied with that same delighted smile on her face, patting the seat next to her to prompt him to sit close. She was unaware of the little plans he was concocting up in his head right now. She was unaware of everything because this boy she was conversing to wasn't... real. This wasn't how he truly behaved, it was all an elaborate act . Nothing he said was real or genuine, so no, she didn't know him. Not really.

"A movie? Is that all I owe you?" She replied with faux shock, tilting her head cutely with that same growing smile on your face. "Can't I give you a little kiss on the cheek? That's how I apologise, you know?"

"Ugh, don't say that. You can cry, that's fine. I mean, only real men cry," she lightly replied with that same delighted smile on her face, patting the seat next to her to prompt him to sit close. She was unaware of the little plans he was concocting up in his head right now. She was unaware of everything because this boy she was conversing to wasn't... real. This wasn't how he truly behaved, it was all an elaborate act . Nothing he said was real or genuine, so no, she didn't know him. Not really.

"A movie? Is that all I owe you?" She replied with faux shock, tilting her head cutely with that same growing smile on your face. "Can't I give you a little kiss on the cheek? That's how I apologise, you know?"