5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
lawless.png

While Kayleigh didn't need any excuse to lounge in bed and relax all day, she felt he had a legitimate reason to do just that today. Not just because it was a Monday where classes were cancelled to allow students to settle into their dorms or apartments and acclimatise to university life; get acquainted with those they'd be sharing with, but because she was genuinely quite exhausted from the night she had had, and that in itself ought to validate why she was laying on the couch under her feathered duvet at two in the afternoon.

Most 18-year-olds had probably hit the town during the night, enjoying their last night of freedom before university started up after the summer. In fact, Kayleigh knew full well that there had been a plethora of drunk teens on the town, stumbling about and making out crudely against any building wall they could find. She knew that because she'd seen them with her own eyes, even though she hadn't been taking part in any of those 'shenanigans', as her mother would say.

No, instead of being a normal teenager and dancing about with a couple of mates at some club with a beer in hand, she'd been scouting out the home of a business owner in the city, a friend of her parents', in fact, waiting for all the lights to go out before making her move. The downside to not planning something like this out properly was that she triggered almost every alarm she could; she had no idea where the valuables were even kept, and, given the fame the businessman possessed, cameras and police cars pulled up to the joint before Kayleigh had even had a chance to properly search through the drawers for some fancy Rolex watch or diamond necklace. Not that it had really troubled her. The more police that turned up and the more media outlets that arrived, the more of a rush she got from it all.

That much was pretty obvious from the pictures plastered in the newspapers today, and the videos shown on the news of the businessman's 'night of terror', as people had decided to label it. Admittedly, Kayleigh was tempted to set the main image being circulated around as her phone's screensaver - a picture of her in her mask with her middle fingers crudely raised directly at the camera. It couldn't be seen, but Kayleigh knew she was grinning under the skeleton mask, enjoying every single second. She'd gotten away unscathed, as usual... but the businessman and his wife were being treated for some pretty severe injuries, and the man's one-of-a-kind Jaguar had been lifted and tossed at a few policeman by Kayleigh. Not that she gave a fuck about the police.

It was what she was currently looking at on her laptop, actually. A news report on the attack from the night, with the reporter dramatically delivering a speech on the 'evil' that currently 'tormented London'. By 'evil', Kayleigh was aware she shared that platform with Lucus... un-fucking-fortunately.

Hearing the door creak open, the teen lifted a head curiously from the pillow before realising the man that entered was the flatmate she was sharing with. Now, Kayleigh had only been awake for an hour or two, but she'd clearly already settled in for the day, a few Red Bull cans were tossed near -but not in- the bin and a half-eaten pizza laying still in its box from the night before.

"Hey, dude," she greeted happily across at Lucus, watching the other teen enter. She'd only known him a day or two, but she was quite happy to greet him like a friend she'd known for years at this point. "Where were you? Classes aren't on today, you know-- and there was that attack last night by that weird villain or whatever. Be careful, y'know? That's what my Daddy would say. He's phoned me at least 10 times today to tell me to stay indoors, it's hilarious."​

Lucus had kicked the door shut with his leg, mostly because his hands were full. Full of what? Well, a large bird cage, currently draped with a little black blanket. In that cage was the man's pet hawk Noatak. "Ah, well I was out letting Noatak stretch his wings." He answered as he walked into his room, setting the cage back on his hook. And that was true. He took his pet hawk out to do some flying, but of course, Lucus had transferred his mind into the hawk's and was flying him around near London's most secured and richest man's home. Unlike Kayleigh, Lucus planned everything. And he was planning on robbing the man, so he had Noatak fly around the building look for all the cameras and whatnot. He found all the camera's as well as all the guards. It wouldn't be easy slipping in and out, but he would do it, and it would definitely gain far more attention than that silly amateur 'Baby Doll'. Her latest stunt was just child's play. She couldn't even really steal anything. Because Lucus's plans everything so neat he was able to steal many jewels and money over the years. Which was why he could afford such a nice apartment, and to be sharing it with a De La Roche.

Walking back out into the living room, Lucus saw the clutter Kay had made, but rather than fuss about it, he simply walked over, taking the cans and throwing them into the bin. He wanted Kayleigh to like him. When he learned he would be sharing an apartment with a De La Roche, he was joyous. Mainly because she would be a valuable puppet for him. However, he never expected this kind of...personailty from someone of such a high surname. Taking the pizza box, he wrapped up the leftover pizza with some foil and put it in the fridge, throwing the box away to make the apartment a bit cleaner. Lucus was an organized man that much was obvious. Sitting himself down on the couch, the corners of his mouth twitched up into a small smile. "It's sweet that your father cares so much about you. But yes, I've heard all about the terrible acts of last night. Frightening really."

Picking a piece of cotton of his dark blue jeans, he looked over at his roommate. "Why don't we get some lunch later on today. I think it's best if we spend time together...Or are you too tired? You came in really late last night. Out partying?" He asked with a small chuckle. Lucus came off as a sweet guy. That's what he showed everyone. However, acting like this was so easy to him by now. It was literally like breathing. He was no sweet, no not at all. He didn't really have emotions. But as a child, he would stand in the mirror and try on different emotions to practice being human. Now, he was able to portray this sweet man.

"Partying? Moi?" She playfully -and dramatically- huffed, her hand rested over her chest as she shifted herself up into a sitting position, before erupting into a few infectious giggles at the thought. Was she a lively character, perfect for a party? Definitely. Most people like her when they met her, it was difficult not to.

But parties weren't necessarily her favourite scene. She liked people if they could offer her something - she wasn't fond of hanging out with idiots for the hell of it. What was the purpose of that? She liked just hanging out at home with a pizza and a good boxset on Netflix-- when she wasn't tormenting the town as Baby Doll, anyway.

"You don't have to clean up," she began quickly, combing her fingers through her long, wavy hair absently. Even though Lucus didn't turn his nose up at the state of the dorm, she didn't care one bit if he had. The place could have been a lot worse if Kayleigh had had more time on his hands.

Nevertheless, she did feel the need to address it the moment she spotted the other begin to clean up, and so she moved quickly to put the last of the empty cans in the bin, having obviously missed each time she'd attempted to throw them in from the spot on the couch. "I, uh... I was gonna tidy up, babe," she promised as earnestly as she could. "I just-- I was watching the news, about all those attacks and I got carried away with that and... I'll be tidier, I promise, darling. You haven't got a reason to panic about living in a pigsty because I've got a handle on all this."

Smiling brightly, she made a clear effort to smarten himself up... even if that only consisted of her throwing a baseball cap over her bed-hair. Throwing the bedsheet into her bedroom haphazardly, she returned to and flopped down onto the couch with a low sigh."Lunch, hm? I could do lunch. Daddy is doing some awful interview on the TV at 12, and I'd rather avoid that. He's so smug when he's being interviewed about boring financial things. I'd rather go out to lunch with my flatmate-- assuming you'r whisking me off for burgers~?"

"Ah, burgers is what you're hungry for? Well, burgers it is." Smiled the man, standing up yet again, reaching for his keys. "Let's see...There's that restaurant that isn't so far from here. Fat Tee's? I hear they sell some pretty good burgers. And their prices aren't too high." Mumbled the man as he stood up from the couch. Walking over to the key bowl, he grabbed his keys before looking back at her. "Let's go there."

So twenty minutes later they were seated in a both, both enjoying some burgers and fries, simply talking and getting to know each other. Sipping his chocolate milkshake, he glanced over at the girl with a smile. "Well...I grew up in foster care. Being in foster care, switching houses so much has made me comfortable with living with strangers. And trust me, you're far from messy. I've lived with people whose room's looked like tornadoes hit." He causally joked. The man was an amazing actor. Seriously, he could pursue a career in it. He found it funny how it was like he always wore a mask. He wore a mask when he was his criminal persona The White Shadow, but...That's when he was his true self. Right now, he wore the mask of Lucus Ward. The kindhearted teen, who was making his way in the world. The man everyone loved. Lucus himself couldn't stand him. He hated acting this way but it was the easiest way to gain trust, as well as puppets.

In the middle of their conversation, they were interrupted by a girlish squeal. "Barbie~!" A girl came and threw her arms around the short female. Without an invite, she scooted herself into the booth, in order to hug Kayleigh. However, to the girl, she was known as Barbie. It was Barbie's friend, Kayla. Both girls were known as Kay, but more people called Kayleigh Barbie because of how adorable and fashionable she was. "Barb, I'm back from the states~!" Kayla had spent the entire summer in the U.S with her family as a vacation. She had sent Kayleigh tonnes of pictures, and text about how much she missed her. "Oh, the states were so much fun! I literally had a ball~! I cut my hair! And before you ask, no I didn't cut it because me and Rodney broke up....Okay maybe it was, but it's cute, right? I texted you last night when I arrived, why didn't you text me back, babe?...Who's this?" She asked, now seeing the boy sitting across from them.

Smiling politely, Lucus decided to introduce himself. "I'm Lucus. Her flatmate."

"....Wha..? Flatmate! You got a cute boy as a flatmate, ugh you traitor!" She whined, playfully smacking her friend.
03b4b9d1869541c3c453ac6b3530cf9d.jpg

Sitting with Lucus like this, enjoying a good hearty burger and fries combo-meal, was nice. Unlike Lucus, she wasn't a psychopath, or a sociopath, or an anything-path. She didn't fake how she felt; she was an open book like that. She acted how she wanted, when she wanted. She was really incapable of faking how she felt. When she was happy, she was happy, and contrarily, when she was mad, she was mad. Granted, she had to... soften some of her tendencies; pretend to be a normal, functioning human being and not the inhumanly strong Baby Doll villain, but that wasn't faking emotions.

She acted just the same when she had her mask on, stealing and causing trouble as her masked alter-ego. Their personalities were the same. She didn't try to change that at all-- and yet she still managed to escape suspicion. Her surname helped a LOT with that.

Because she couldn't feign emotions, she didn't think of hiding the surprise she felt at seeing Kayla. Kayla was a childhood friend, someone she'd known all through her school years since she was some whiny kid forced to dress in designer clothes and have her natural flame-red hair brushed into neat, conventional styles. Kayla knew her better than anyone--

Well, she wasn't aware of what Kayleigh was, but that was understandable. Kayleigh was hardly going to blab about it.

"He's not cute, Kay," she snorted as she waved a hand, winking playfully at Lucus. "You are cute, but my type is-- I like men with tattoos, you know? And big biceps and perhaps a beard-- lumberjack style, I suppose. The sort of man my Daddy and Mummy would faint at if they saw him."

"As weird as ever~!" Giggled Kayla, stealing a french fry from her plate with a coo. "I can't believe we're in college~! Just yesterday t feels like we were scared going into high school for the first time~!" Laughed the girl, smiling at the memory. Leaning on her fist, her grey eyes looked at her best friend with a smile. "So~? How are you two getting along so far?" She asked, looking at Lucus. She wasn't so sure if her adorable best friend should be living with a man. Sometimes Kayla could be motherly. Always telling Kayleigh to not forget about eating veggies, and don't forget to study, and to take care of herself if she had a cold. Kayla was a nurturing friend, and...She didn't agree with her moving in with a man, but she also knew Kayleigh could handle herself. So she wasn't too worried. Besides, Lucus seemed like a nice guy.

"Well, we're getting along pretty well. As long as she doesn't try to feed Noatak another pepperoni, we'll be just fine." Joke the man. Before they were interrupted, they were talking about Noatak as well, and she mentioned how she tried to feed him a pepperoni.

"Hmm? Who's Noatak?" She asked, arching her perfectly arched brow.

"My pet bird."

"Oh? Is he a parrot? Oh, I adore parrot, and how they talk-"

"Oh, no he's a hawk."

"A hawk?! Kayleigh, those things can claw an eye out! They're wild animals, not pets, you can't possibly keep such an animal-"

"Noatak's friendly, I promise. I've had him since he was just a little baby. He fell from his nest and broke a wing, so I took care of him." Smiled Lucus. Of course, it wouldn't show, but he was growing mildly annoyed with this girl.

All Kayleigh's life, she'd had people telling her what to do. She had nannies and maids to tidy her up and tell her what to do; then she had her parents who, as loving as they were, unintentionally began to mould her into a certain shape; try to fit her inside a box she really didn't fit in. That in mind, she really wasn't inclined to befriend someone with such a nurturing nature; who would tell her what was best for her and become a sort of mothering figure in her life away from her actual mother--

But the two were friends, that was undeniable. She wasn't able to fake that emotion, not for this long. Regardless of how protective and opinionated Kayla was, Kayleigh liked her quite a lot. She was adorable and, above all else, Kayleigh liked to surround herself with good looking people. She liked to have nice things to admire, whether that be beautiful diamonds he'd stolen, or beautiful people she befriended.

"Oh hush, fussy pants. The hawk is beautiful, you should see him. He's so... majestic," gushed the posh girl with her eyes twinkling enthusiastically, her cheeks a little pink. "It's my apartment, my Daddy bought it. Lucus pays his rent, he's a very good guy to share with-- and he can have his hawk if he so wishes. It's such a lovely bird, not at all dangerous."

Kayla studied her for a moment, before sighing and nodding. "Just be careful, I wouldn't want it to poke one of those pretty blue eyes out." Cooed Kayla, before kissing her cheek. "Well, I'm off~ I got to go get settled in~ I'll see you when classes start up~" She cooed to her best friend, before standing up. "We should totally have a Netflix binge before then though, so text me love~" And with that, the pretty girl was gone, checking her phone.

Lucus watched the girl leave, before looking over to his roommate with a soft chuckle. "Huh. your friend is highly energetic. Like you, so it seems to fit." Smiled the mas as he finished off the last bit of his fries. He was already done his food, which was crazy. He ate so fast. Sipping down his shake, he glanced at his phone checking the time. "Well it's still pretty early, so we should still hang out. Besides, I feel like I've been rambling on about me. I haven't heard much of you. Missus De La Roche." Teased Lucus lightly. For some reason, people like to tease other's lightly, to lighten the mood. He didn't understand it, but it always worked when he was trying to get a puppet.

"I call her The Tornado. She does this a lot. She just breezes into a room, babbles at you at a hundred miles an hour and leaves before you contemplate what just happened. She's awfully hyperactive, but she's an utter doll and I adore her," gushed the London-born girl, tapping her perfectly manicured and baby-pink painted nails against the surface of the diner table, absently sipping at her strawberry milkshake until he apparently required more information from her.

"Oh, Miss De Le Roche, is it? You make me sound like my Mummy, she's awfully... particular when it comes to her name. She won't allow her staff to call her Michelle, goodness no," she mocked, her voice becoming a little more posher as she playfully imitated her mother, before snorting that infectious little giggle again. "There isn't much to tell, baby. I'm weird, a little strange, not at all the politician's daughter people expect. My Daddy's the Chancellor. He gets invited to all these posh places, and I sometimes go along with him. Imagine his embarrassment when he has to introduce me, dressed like this, to important bankers and viscounts."

"I don't think he's embarrassed. No, I think he may be....Pleased that his daughter grew up to be an actual person. I mean sure you aren't what people would expect from a De La Roche. People would expect this stuck up, posh, holier-than-thou type of girl. But you're the polar opposite, and it's refreshing." Stated Lucus with that kind smile. And while he had been talking to her, he had been keeping tabs on her. She seemed to be affectionate in words with everyone, calling them 'babe' and what not. She liked lumberjack looking guys, she liked bright colors, since those colors seemed to catch her eyes. She was confident and loud.

He needed all this information, so he could act like the type of person she would describe as perfect. Befriending a De La Roche would be perfect. He needed to gain her trust. Maybe then, he could be able to rob her family blind. Not like a few stolen million would matter to the rich family. Lucus didn't care if he would be using her. He used every one. Hell, he's even killed one of his puppets off before. Simply because they got in the way. He had no remorse, no emotion really.

"So wanna head back to the flat? We could watch a lot of movies if you want. And eat those Oreos I bought. It'll be fun." He took note on how her friend said they should watch Netflix soon, so maybe if he did that with Kayleigh, he would gain some trust from her,

"You clearly don't know my Daddy very well, darling. He's embarrassed by me-- but do I look like I remotely care? He acepts me, that's all I can ask for. He doesn't have to like it, but he at least accepts it. He's had to, I'm very persuasive," she laughed, dipping her fries in the little packet of ketchup, even though she didn't actually eat them. She was, admittedly, too busy examining Lucus.

He did confuse her, really. She didn't even know why. Both outwardly and inwardly, he was the perfect person. He was cute and good-looking and, personality wise, he had aspects everyone would love in a person. She really shouldn't have a single reason to feel wary of him, but something in her told her to be cautious. There was a sense of familiarity around him, too, and she couldn't shake off the feeling that she knew him before their meeting at the apartment a few days prior.

She did know him, of course. They'd been meeting around the town at various crime scenes, taunting one another and threatening each other with violence. They had these little performances out in public together, expressing their hatred across a floor of fire and dead bodies.

She just didn't know that the smiling boy opposite her was the very villain she'd only two days ago told to 'fuck off and die'.

"I have a lot to do," she decided easily, which was hardly a lie. She did have a few bags of stolen jewellery to rifle through in her other apartment; one she had bought herself, secretly, to house all her stolen goods. Keeping them at her actual apartment, where Lucus could come across them, seemed unwise and absurd. This was the one bit of planning she had done to protect her stolen assets and, thus far, it was working perfectly. "Another time though, yeah?"

"Another time, sure." He answered with a kind smile. He too had a hiding spot for all his jewels. From all the money he stole over the years, he was able to build an underground fort. He has many priceless things there, and also keeps his costume there. His costume as The White Shadow. It was safe in his underground fort, and no one knew about it but him. He always planned for things.

Finishing his shake, he glanced over at his flatmate. "Well, I'm gonna head on home. I did promise my friend they could come look at my place, so I guess I'll hang out with him. Do you have your key with you? Or should I lock the door?" He asked as he slid out of the booth, texting his friend that he would hang out with him. He could always learn more about his flatmate another time. And surely if he was around her long enough, he would start to figure out that she was his archenemy. The woman he would gladly kill in a heartbeat.

"Lock the door, doll, I have my keys. I'm just... I think I'll just head to the library on campus, do some research ready for class-- I'm not a motivated person but I gotta get some work done, huh?" She lightly laughed, even if her mind was currently focused upon her hoarded riches at her other apartment, knowing she needed to organise it all out.

When it came to her money, as said, it was the only piece of planning the teenager had done. She knew just how careless it would be to leave the two backpacks of money she had full to the brim just lying around her apartment, even if she wasn't sharing it - people would come to visit inevitably, like Kayla or her parents. Likewise, leaving her mask, the cute outfit and the baseball bat she swung about just underneath her bed, easily found, really wasn't the wisest option, so she put aside her mantra of spontaneity to plan out a proper way of disguising who she was and the riches she'd hoarded as a result.

Obviously, she didn't use a bank - that wasn't something she'd do even if she wasn't who she was. Instead, all her money and the items she'd stolen were stored safely in an apartment she'd purchased simply to keep her alter identity a secret. Granted, it was a good place to crash and even move into when university was over (it was indeed more flashier than her current, proper place), but for now, it was simply a place she could head into to grab her things without worrying about anyone finding them - she had spent a shitload of cash on the apartment, with the building flashy and heavily-guarded, so there was quite near no chance of someone breaking in and finding her hoard.

It was where she found himself an hour later, in fact. Once finishing up with the meal with Lucus, and after heading to the apartment to gather and organise her things, it left the teen sat not too far from the bank she intended to storm into, having decided that a little bank robbery would make up for the disaster the previous night at the businessman's house. She didn't care about hiding from cameras or using the shadows to her advantage to blend in. She didn't like blending in. She had nobody to fear and she knew she wasn't getting caught anytime soon, so she had no worries about sitting in broad daylight, her earphones in and listening to some rap music as she tried to pick the right moment to head on in. She didn't care about civilian casualties, so she wasn't really waiting for the bank to become less busy. She just didn't want to epically fail like he had the night before because, as amusing as she found the media's reaction of outrage and fear, she was embarrassed by it all.

Eventually, the teenager threw her baseball bat over her shoulder, adjusted the bubblegum pink wig she had on, and strolled as casually as she liked to the bank, her first move being to step inside and pick up an extremely heavy metal cabinet nearby to place in front of the door, just to stop people from leaving-- unless they wanted to suffer broken bones by pissing her off, anyway. "Alright, alright, calm yourselves, guys~! I'm not going to hurt anyone, not if you behave yourselves, alright? Cool, cool~"

And who else was in that bank? Lucus. Oh no, not The White Shadow. No, it was just Lucus as Lucus Ward. He was there with his friend since his friend said he had to put his check in the bank. Now said friend stood beside Lucus terrified because the Baby Doll had appeared. Lucus was caught off guard, but he was seething underneath. He would see this woman when he wasn't in costume. And he couldn't blow his cover, so he played the part of the frightened regular. Holding his hands up like everyone else, he perfectly acted afraid, but boy was he tempted to bend the water in her body and make her boy to him. He did that once before to really piss her off.

"T-Take the money!" A woman, behind the counter, said in a trembling voice, full of fear. "Pl-Please, just leave us out of it." She whimpered.

Lucus, who looked frightened on the outside, was thinking of ways to torment her the next time he saw her. Why couldn't she just drop dead, she would make him so happy, and then he could have London to himself. And when London got boring, he would go all over the world. Everyone would know his name~! Yet, that had to wait, because of her. She was unbelievably annoying.

Kayleigh hadn't felt better than she did at the moment. She had power and everyone in that bank feared her-- and boy, did that feel good. She had her cute ensemble together, made up of pastel colours and a cute little tiara in her hair; she had her trusty baseball bat and she had no pressing matters that would make her rush this. No. No, she wasn't ruining this - she was going to take her sweet time and make it a success; make the media realise that one slip-up didn't make her a comic figure.

She wasn't there to be laughed at. She was there to be feared; to be concerned of.

Though, she wasn't banking on Lucus being there. As soon as she saw him, she froze-- at least on the inside. She didn't let it show outwardly, simply smirking at him... even if that smirk couldn't be seen behind the mask she always donned. Oh well. It wasn't like Lucus was a dear friend of hers, not at all. She would gladly kill in front of him. Hell, maybe that would get some nice stories out of him later on around the TV? Hearing him cry and sob about how 'frightened' he was would be amazing~

"You're not going to offer me your wallet, cutie pie?" She drawled, turning to him after viciously whacking a nearby man across the head until he cowered on the floor away from her, barely conscious. She could do that easily - stroll about hurting people while still maintaining her upbeat personality. "Do you want me to bash your brains into jelly~? Hand me your cash."

Looking at the man, before looking at her with the fear still on his face. Oh, he was going to find her later, and they were going to settle this. But right now, he had to pretend to be Lucus Ward. What would Lucus Ward do? Probably try to be act brave, seems like something the perfect gentleman would do. "...I-I...I won't....Why do you torment us?....For fun?....Why don't you just take the money and go? Don't you know the cops had already b-been notified?" He asked. Man, he should have stuttered more to show he was still 'scared'. Oh well. But yet again, she was being an amateur. She was allowing the cops to come to her, he knew that. He doubted this was planned out, she never planned anything out, he could tell.

Backing away, his back now against the counter, he grimaced still acting out wonderfully. "...I...i rather die, than gi-give you the pleasure of...Of p-power ov-over me...S-So do i-it Bash m-my head in." Sure it would hurt, but he knew it would heal. But at least, once she bashed his head in she won't be expecting anything from him, meaning he could make his escape. However...He didn't know that when he was home and perfectly fine, his flatmate will find that something is off about him.

Oh, it was going to be fun whacking his little head in a little.

Really, Lucus -she thought- was a gentleman. He'd been nothing but kind to her in the few days they had known one another; been a perfect flatmate and an even better budding friend of hers, and yet she was quite happy to bash in his skull a few times. Really, she was only happy to do so to hear him later on in the apartment, crying about how terrified he was to come face-to-face with the renowned villain, Baby Doll. There wasn't much she liked more than to hear her alter-ego be talked about.

But first, she turned to Lucus' friend, grabbed his arm and watched sadistically as the poor guy had the life sucked out of him, slowly, agonisingly and horrifically. When his dead, sunken, basically skeletal body hit the floor, screams erupted out fro around her from the terrified observing crowd-- and god, that sound was addictive.

"Mm, you really are a little prick, aren't you? Tut tut," she laughed, licking a little blood from her bat with a provocative purr, before finally unleashing a loud thwack upon his skull. "You're gonna wake up with a sore head, I think. Just a little prediction of mine~!"

And if Lucus was an actual emotion feeling human, he would felt terrible about his friend dying. But, it was just a puppet. And sure he was kind of mad that she cut the strings of his puppet, but it wasn't so bad. That 'friend' wasn't that much use anyway. So when he fell to the ground, blood trickling from his head, he pretended to pass out. Once she was focused on anyone but him, he was able to sneak out of the bank. And as expected the cops were banging down the doors, finally getting the heavy cabinet from in front of it.

Lucus was happy he was able to escape the bank before any of the real action happened. Later that night, he was completely healed, and in the apartment. He Noatak out of the cage as he petted him. So he planned out what would happen tonight with his roommate. Of course, he would have to tell her what happened. Because as he was escaping, to his dismay a news reported caught him and interviewed him quickly. So now he was on the news, so he knew she would want answers on what happened at the bank and if he was okay. But thankfully, the news reported got him when he was already healed up, so he didn't have to explain why he was healed up, or so he thought.

Kayleigh returned home at around 8pm, having spent the remainder of that day in her spare apartment, setting out all her cash and counting out the thousands of pounds she'd stolen proudly - and really rather smugly. Why wouldn't she be smug? She was 18 and already a millionaire, having a hoard of cash, jewels and expensive designer items, and she'd done it all herself, without any help from her parents. And hell, she liked what she was doing! It made her feel alive, to use her powers like that and differentiate herself from the boring, normal, ordinary humans London was full of.

She was different and she wanted to embrace that.

She had literally skipped to the apartment she shared with Lucus, the one she used for her normal, student life. She was hoping to enter with Lucus on the couch, bandaged and still shaking from the attack. She did not expect to wander in to see him up, casual and healed. That wasn't possible. It couldn't be. It was... maddening! It was also infuriating, given she'd spent ages rehearsing how to react; how deeply to frown and how softly to comfort him. All of that was now out of the window as she entered and stared in confusion at him.

"...Lucus," she greeted slowly, forcing a smile as she silently shut the door behind her. "...How are you?"

He looked up, his eyes red and raw. He looked as if he had been crying. Which he had taken ages to perfect. With puffy eyes, he sniffled and gave her a trembling smile. "...Uh, I...My...My friend is dead..." He mumbled lightly, as he looked down to his hawk, petting him softly. "....Th-That villain...Sh-She....Was in the bank today...She...killed...him..." He whispered. His hawk flapped its wings before settling down with a scolding screech sound.

"I-I know Noatak, I'm fine." He smiled at his bird, petting its head, before looking up at his roommate. "I um...I don't wanna talk about it...It was...Something o-out of a horror fi-film...Crap I didn't make dinner...Sorry Kayleigh, y-you hu-hungry? I'll order." He mumbled, shakingly standing up.