Lantern & Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny knocks on the door. "Hey, can I come in?" She asks him gently. Her brothers were still downstairs, playing on a video game together and fighting on who got the controller. She was hardly interested in video games. Her sisters of course would be huddled together, trying on makeup and doing things fashion related. She felt like she didn't fit in with her family, her siblings often left her aside because they thought she was odd because she was quiet, was vegan and adored the colour blue.

She wasn't a girly-girl like her sisters, or a full on tomboy who was a fan of video games but she didn't see the problem with that.

"Yes Destiny, I'm ready for some times." After she entered the room and close the door behind her, he rose from the bed and gently embraced her. He whispered towards her, while his hand caressed her back slowly. "Are you alright ? You feel a bit tense." He was a bit worried for her and accepted something he knew since long ago. His feelings for her aren't only the ones for a friend. At first Markus saw Destiny as a shy girl that need some help but he slowly was drawn by her innocent and sweet personality. He wanted to protect her and make her happy but he didn't knew how she feel about him. He decided to keep his love her a secret for now and make her happy and when the right moment will come he will confess.

Destiny shook her head and smiles.
"No, I'm just super tired" She says and then moves over to bed, wrapping herself in her duvet. "Goodnight...." She adds, sleepily. Soon enough she had fallen asleep and drifted into her dreams. She often dreamt about oceans, swimming and calming things when she slept. Today was different. Today was much more, a less calming atmosphere.

She had a dream that one day she and Markus were no longer friends, and he believed everything the 'popular' girls at school said about her and he thought she was a freak, and told everyone she self harmed. She also dreamt that she was sent off to counselling, away from her family. The rest was quickly torn from her mind when she awoke herself by screaming, much sounding like her own voice.

It was her own voice, even though her eyes were closed she was still screaming pretty loudly, thrashing around.

Markus lay next to Destiny and wrapped an arm around her, hugging her gently. "Good night Destiny, see you tomorrow." He slowly relaxed but he couldn't fall asleep, different thoughts feeling his mind, about his family, the event with the stray werewolf and now sleeping with her. They are both nice and painful but her presence the the roses scent sweep everything away.

But the calmness suddenly disappeared when Destiny suddenly started to scream and thrash around. Markus grabbed her arm and moved close to her. He hugged her tightly to stop her movements. "Destiny, wake up is just a nightmare. I'm here, calm down." He kissed her forehead and looked worried at her, waiting to see her reaction.

Destiny opens her eyes in a flash as she felt someone hug her close and she rubs her eyes, it took her a few moment to realise that she had, had a bad dream and she stood up, rubbing her eyes gently.

"S-Sorry...... J-Just go back to sleep.... I-I'll be fi-fne.... J-Just need to calm down" She says, her words slurred.

She exits the bedroom and then wanders downstairs and outside, taking a slow walk. Wow. She rarely had any bad dreams. Was this dream going to become a reality? Was Markus going to do that to her?

Markus watched her leaving the room in a bad state. It would be impossible for him to go to sleep when the girl he care and love had a really bad nightmare and just left the room. He rose from the bed and followed her, she may be mad at him or want some space but he was to worried to stay and don't do anything. Markus found her near the forest edge and slowly approached her, when he got close enough he hugged her, his arms wrapped around her waist. " You scared me there. I'm worried, do you want to talk about what happened ?" His voice was gentle and he was fine even if he didn't got a response, only to see her calming down.

Destiny had calmed down slowly and watched as he approached her, wrapping his arms around her.

"I... I just had a dream that you didn't want to be my friend anymore, and believe what everyone said about me being weird and all of those things, you told everyone I cut and I was sent off to counselling away fro my family" She says and shook him off slightly.

Markus listened to her and when she wanted to push him, he grabbed her hand and made her face him. "Destiny..." He suddenly hugged her tightly and whispered in her ear. "I won't ever do that. I care about you too much to something like that." He said what he was keeping in heart without thinking to much. Loosening his hug he looked in her eyes. "I won't leave you. You are very important for me for me and I love you. I won't let others hurt you and I will do what I can to protect you and make you happy. You can forget thoughts like this." He kissed lightly her lips.

Destiny looks up at him and shrugs. She moves away and then began to walk further into the woods, looking around at her surroundings until she reached a river, it was large and was flowing gently in front of her.

She sat down just in front of the river and sighed. Why couldn't she be like her siblings? Confident, popular and cool. She was nothing but shy and weird. She sighs heavily and then places her head in her hands.

Markus stood there trying to understand what happened. Was she refusing to listen to him, did he hurt her and made her sad, were all his hopes that she opened to him only an illusions ? He stood there trying to sort his thoughts and a few minutes he decided he didn't need to stay and be confused about his thoughts. He need to believe in what he feels and continue to be near her and take care of her. He walked deep in the forest, following her traces and stopped when he saw her. This time he kept his distance and watched over her, giving her space to calm down and order her thoughts and feelings.

Destiny lifted her head from her hands and then looks across and over to the river. She stood, and then turns back and began to walk back to the house. She left the door open, slightly for Markus and then goes to her room, curling up in bed.

Markus watched all this time over her with a worried expression and was thinking what to do to make her comfortable with him. He need to show her that she can trust him and make her see how much he care about her. When Destiny started to walk back he followed after her keep a distance between them and waiting a few minutes before he entered the house. Markus entered in the bedroom and lay next to her, wrapping his arms around her and embracing her tightly. "Maybe you don't trust me bet I trust and care about you and I would rather hurt myself than hurting. I hope with time you will open to me and feel again comfortable in my presence." He was brushing her hair and listened to her breathing wondering if she will push him away and seal again in her shyness shell.

Destiny nods gently. "Yeah" She says softly. She soon fell asleep and woke up the following morning. After asking Markus to leave the room so she could get dressed and showered, she did the same for him. She ate breakfast, which mainly consisted of fruit and left off by herself.

Markus waited for her to finish changing and after that took a quick shower and dressed for school. He excused from the breakfast and left the house under the suspicious gazes of some family members. He entered in his car and drove to his house, his mind a bit foggy. When he arrived in front of the house he took all his clothes off and turned in the wolf form, dashing in the next moment through the forest. He wandered around not having any place in mind until the evening when he felt something awkward and followed the lead. That day Markus didn't attend school making some of his classmates whisper between them if something happened with him.

Destiny left school, soon when the day was coming to an end and everyone was let out. She went home by herself and then curls up in a ball by a tree, just underneath the shade. She sighs to herself. She wondered why Markus didn't come to school that day, it was probably because of her. She rubs her eyes lightly as tears began to fall from them.

It was around the sunset when Markus returned back in the area around the town. His withe fur was dyed red around his front paws and from his mouth small drops of drops fell on his fur. It wasn't his blood but the blood of a poor creature that tried to stay in his way. He walked slowly towards his home when he passed near the Destiny house. He looked towards the house and his eyes caught the face of the young lady. She was staying at the shade of a tree and he looked sad. Markus felt his heart breaking when he saw tears falling from her eyes but didn't dare to walk near her, feeling guilty for the last night even if he didn't have any fault. What would she say when it will see like that, thinking about her when he is dyed with the blood of another creature. He stood there and looked at her, without realizing that she could feel the scent of blood.

Last edited:
Destiny stopped crying for a moment and looks up, rubbing her eyes. She noticed Markus standing in the distance, she hoped he didn't see her crying. She stood and straightened up, as if nothing had happened. "H-Hey, you weren't at school today...." She says and then shrugs lightly, trying to make out she was okay when she clearly wasn't. "I have a lot of homework to do, bye" She says, although she had no homework whatsoever.

Markus watched Destiny walking in the home. He knew she wasn't okay at all, it would be impossible for a shy girl like her who was crying a moment earlier to be okay. Still he kept his distance, thinking that is best to give her a bit of space and he wasn't exactly in his best form right now. He dashed to his home where he took an fast shower. It was still early when he returned in his living room. He turned back in his wolf form and returned in the forest. After running a bit around he returned to Destiny house, keeping a safe distance to don't be noticed by other members and looking where she was.

Destiny was sat out, watching her brothers from the steps to their house. She was reading a book, away from her siblings. She sighs and them places some music on her ipod as she flicked through her favourite book. She wondered whether or not she should visit Markus, but decided that he probably didn't want to be friends after yesterday.

Markus watched over her reading and listening to music, he laying on the mossy ground and listening to the song of the wind. He was a bit more relaxed when he saw that she stoped crying but she was also a bit worried seeing her staying alone. He stood there until she have gone to sleep and the light in her room was turned off. Markus rose and returned home going to sleep. The next day he got ready for school and drove his car to the school grounds. When she got off he saw Destiny. Markus walked near her and spoke with a soft voice. "Morning, how are you feeling ?" He looked in her eyes and smiled at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.