Lantern & Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny looks up at him. "I'm fine" She says and then hugs her school books to her chest. She looks over at him and smiles weakly. She heads off to her first class and sat down quietly. Since she had been seeing less of Markus, lately her brothers had quietened down.

Markus felt a bit bad when he saw the girl he care so much about, it in such a bad state. He though that he need to find a way to close the distance between them and take her form her shell of shyness. Still Markus needed to be careful with Destiny, if he is too pushy he will end up hurting her. Shortly after she left, he followed after her and took his seat behind her. The classes where boring, Markus giving minimal attention to the teacher but still listening to the class, it would be bad for his grades if he don't do it, especially he wasn't a day before. His eyes wander sometimes from the teacher and notebook to Destiny. When the lunch brake heave come he rose from his desk and walked next to her. He put a hand on her shoulder and spoke with a soft voice. "Let's eat together, I think both of us have some things to say. We can find a nice place outside the school and return before the break is over."

Destiny shrugs and then nodded as she collected her things, she headed out of class and to the cafeteria and grabbed some food to eat. She then headed out of school and sat down, waiting for Markus patiently under a tree, flicking through a book whilst she waited.

Markus took his things and bag and walked to the cafeteria but in his way there an idea flashed through his mind. He walked outside the school and went to his car. He drove in the city and returned a few minutes later. He took from his car a small box and searched for Destiny, finding her under the shade of the tree. "Sorry for being late." He sit near her, putting the box next to him and took from his bag some sandwiches. "I wanted to talk with you about this last few days. I don't know why you are avoiding me but I think I did something to make you mad and feel awkward near me."

Destiny shook her head and looks over at him. "No, not at all....." She says, not wanting to make a big deal over anything. She sighs and then stretches, still looking over at him. She smiles weakly. "It's just, shouldn't you be with your other friends? I'm sure you're quite popular at school, surely you have other people to be friends with?" She asks.

Markus showed a small smile and closed his eyes. "I don't have any friends." He opened his eyes and looked at the sky. "You are correct when you say that I'm popular and I can be friendly with a lot of people, still most of them are simple aquitances." He ate his sandwich. "I don't find anything interesting in my classmates and the ones who are my friends are in different cities, well except for you." He looked at Destiny. "I consider you an important friend and I like you." He wast sure what exactly attracted him but something in his mind is telling him that this girl is more than she show on the surface, beyond her shy and weak nature.

Destiny shrugs. "You don't have to be my friend, I know you just feel sorry for me because I have no one else bit it's fine, I'm better off alone" She says quietly and turns away, pulling her knees up to her chest and looking over at her food which had been untouched for the past few minutes.

Markus move closer to her and hug her gently. "I don't feel sorry for you. I want to be your friend because I like you Destiny." He kissed her cheek lightly. "I think you are special and there is something beyond your looks, I want to discover your true self and stay next to an interesting person like you." He released her form his embrace and looked in her eyes, a smile on his lips.

Destiny smiles and then kisses him on the lips gently, placing her hand in his and squeezing it gently. "Okay, thank you" She says and then places her head onto his chest, closing her eyes for a few seconds.

Markus hugged her again and listened to her breathing calming. It was a small step but still a step and in time the distance between them will disappear. Markus could hear the whispers from school, some students noticing the two of them and most likely they were gossiping about the two of them. He didn't care about them and if they will turn and hurt her he will just step and stop them. "We should finish our lunch, we will have time for this later." Markus remembered about the small box he brought. Inside were two slices of chocolate cake she took from the city.

Destiny shrugs slightly away when people started to stare and blushed, looking down. "This is what I mean...." She says and feels uncomfortable with the stares and whispers. "You should be friends with someone popular and pretty" She says, shrugging.

Markus didn't stop to hug Destiny and spoke with a soft voice. "If popular means to be ignorant, to do what society say and to judge others than I don't think I want to be popular or spend time with popular people." He showed a gentle smile and continue. "You don't need to look down. I like you with your good and bad parts and you are beautiful girl so rise your had and smile." He whispered in her ear. "Let's go after the school to our place."

Destiny looks over at him. "With my good and bad parts? What's that supposed to mean?" She asks, still looking over at him.

Markus smiled and looked in her eyes. "It means that I like you even if you are shy and a bit socially awkward." He released her form his embrace. "You are a nice girl Destiny but you don't show what you are capable and I think you have some chances to succeed your father as an alpha if you get over you shyness." He opened the small box and put it in front of them. He took a plastic fork and took a piece of the cake, holding it in front of her mouth. "Don't you agree with me ?"

"So you thought he actually liked you?" A student said. She was tall, slender and had long black hair. She had crossed her arms and was laughing to herself. She had been watching them for a while. "He does feel sorry for you, he told me. He thinks you're really weird, he'd much prefer to be friends with one of us. Sorry to break it to you, just thought you should know that he was just being your friend so he could laugh about it with his friends later and they could joke about you later and make fun of you". Obviously this wasn't true, but she couldn't bare Markus being near anyone else but her.

Markus rose on his feet and stood in front of the girl keeping quiet. The girl looked at him but didn't move and continued to speak. "Markus why don't you join us, I think you will like our company better than hers." She motioned to her friend near the school entrance but Markus didn't hear anything and spoke with a low voice, controlling his anger. "If that was all you wanted to say I prefer to see you leave us alone because I'm not interested in you or your friends. Am I understood ?" His voice was calm but carried pressure and as a result the girl turned towards her friends and left them alone, annoyed." Markus sat next to Destiny and looked in her eyes and spoke with a soft voice. "Sorry for that. Don't listen to what that ignorant girl said, I like you and I won't hurt you." He smiled and placed a hand over hers.

Destiny just stood up and rubs at her eyes and then wandered away, out of school. She heads into the forest and then finds a small cave, curling up inside it, in her wolf form.

Markus rose and looked at her completely confused not understanding what was in her mind but he felt the pain in his heart and started to follow after her. He remained in his human form and even if he could trace her, it was hard to follow her. After some time he reached the cave entrance and stepped inside, seeing her curled on the cold ground. He moved next to her and brushed her fur, looking in her eyes.

Destiny looks down slightly but then nuzzles against him gently. "Sorry...." She says and whimpers gently, looking up at him, leaning against him as she stares straight ahead. She looks over at him again.

Markus moved away from her and turned his back at her. He started to undress and when he finished he turned in the wolf form and walked back at her. "You don't need to say sorry. You were hurt by what that girl said and you just wanted to ease your pain." He licked her cheek and lay next to her. "I will stay here until you will feel better."

Status
Not open for further replies.