Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Velvet ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So... We're an army?" Ririchiyo thought to herself. "I'd never expect I would participate in combat... Though, if it's for a good cause then I shouldn't have a problem with that..."

Late as usual, Ririchiyo would head towards the train, boarding the train. As she entered, Riri caught a glimpse of Buddy's nose bleeding. Quickly, she took out a handkerchief, giving it to the male so he would at least wipe and keep the crimson blood from making a mess.

karuta_and_ririchiyo.jpg

"Here, I don't think they'd appreciate it if you stained the floor with blood. You can keep it."

After she handed him the handkerchief, Riri made her way towards another empty seat across Caroline, cracking a book open. She knew it was going to become bored during their trip, so she was glad that at least she brought something to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy would nod, take the hankerchief and pressed it lightly to his nose.

"Thanks you Miss. Ain't no need for you to worry. The Wu wouldn't be made with a little blood her and there. Mister Wolf, the man we met. He's know as "the Cleaner". He makes problem go away, see? He's a good man. Him and Donna are good friends, so I assume he's taken this very serious. Hopefully when we get to Donna's home, we'll figure out shit. "

Buddy would bang on the invisible wall.

"Ya know, not to brag or anything, but my i.Q is 260. You'd think dat make me smart enough not to walk into any kind of walls, right? Invisible or not."

Donatella Brando. Rosalie Joestar. Two people I care for deeply, taken from me. Well, Rosa seems to be fine, assuming this Buddy's as pure as he makes himself out to be. Donatella though... JoJo thought to himself, narrowing his eyes with a frown.

Donatella Brando was a close friend of his. He had known her since he was a child, and she was like an older sister. He attended her wedding, made sure her groom, Henry Flagg, was also a nice man, and so on. One might say he was somewhat protective of her, but those around Jonah could never really tell what he felt.

Glancing at the bumbling Buddy, who seemed to have sported a bloody nose, he sat down next to Riri and across from Caroline after the former had offered a hankerchief. Glancing briefly at Riri, he spoke.

"So... what's someone like you doing in a place like America, Chinkerbell? I imagine with that War having recently come to an end, your kind would have it rough," he spoke somewhat rudely, but also frankly. With the end of World War II having recently arrived, JoJo observed that there was now a prejudice against Germans and Asians, regardless of whether or not they were even Japanese. He had no personal dislike for them, but it was something he thought should be pointed out.

@CCC Kouhai

tumblr_mh8x9moiMV1rqbip7o1_500.gif

She barely noticed him sitting next to her, quickly shutting her book. She didn't really know what the term "Chinkerbelle" meant, yet with referencing towards the recent World War, it became clear that was a racial slur. It slightly filled a bit of anger towards her, causing her cheeks to blush. Without thinking, she'd slap the male's cheek only to immediately apologize.

"I.. apologize for that. I understand that my ethnicity is currently a shame towards this country, but.. in all honesty, I didn't necessarily agree to their decisions.. I'm here because of family conflicts, and I understand that right now the United States may not be the best place to take refuge.."

Ririchiyo took a moment to silently talk to herself, hoping that the male would understand her sudden reaction. Why did she move to this country knowing that there may be a racial prejudice? Maybe if she proved that she wasn't like the rest, things wouldn't have to be so difficult. What could she do?

"Maybe.. Joining this organization was by fate. In helping with this mission, I could prove that I'm not like them... All I want is to live a normal life here..."

Well, obviously, after the whole gaining a stand thing, Ririchiyo highly doubted she could have a normal life.​

Caroline had glanced up when she saw Bud collide with the air once again.

Poor boy... she thought, presuming one of the strange abilities here may have been behind it. Whose, she wasn't sure. But sensing she wasn't making headway with the dish in front of her, she willed the stand to stop exerting itself, as she turned to face the conflict going on between the girl who'd taken the seat next to her, and the Jojo boy.

Poor girl... she repeated in her head, with a bit of a sense of satisfaction when she saw Ririchiyo take a swing at the boy a seat across.

"No shame, girl. I'm an immigrant here too, and I've survived through crushing the self-doubt that comes along with it. You only need know you're an American now, and any who'd shun a fellow American, and who would call them anything but, are among the true traitors."

She turned her attention to Jojo now, a humorless look on her face.

"And know, both of you, that we're all supposed to be on the same side. Tearing a ragtag alliance like this apart will lead to the demise of its goals."

Buddy would crack up in laughter as Jojo got slapped. However, when she apologies, Buddy seemed unamused.

"You ain't have no reason to apologies to him, miss! Shit ,stuff like dat made me leave my State of Georgia. That ain't called for, ya know? Anyone who comes deserves a fair shake. Shit Jojo, your step mother was an immigrate, from what little Rosa told me! I don't think you're a rasict, I just think you're a horse's ass!"

That last line hung in the air. Buddy would be glaring at Jojo. The two had been bashing head for so long, the anger seemed to get more potent.

JoJo showed little reaction, simply rubbing his cheek after he was slapped. His face expressed little more than the same, deadpan expression he had when he asked the question. After a brief silence, he spoke once again, still touching his cheek a little.

"Fate, huh? I noticed you people are really into that mystical stuff, but I s'pose I'm not one to judge," he spoke curtly, not responding to the apology. Like the others, he felt it was unnecessary to apologize, and his lack of response was his personal way of saying that, regardless of how Riri might interpret his silence on the matter, "Well, we'll see about that soon enough, eh?"

Glancing at Caroline and Buddy, he cleared his throat briefly. "Oh, lighten up. A harmless little quip won't tear this little team apart. Was just a harmless little joke, so don't get your panties in a..." JoJo began, before Buddy would bring up Rosa. He held back the urge to stand up, clenching his fist as he remained in his seat, "Rosa told you that, huh? Heh... so she does remember me," he spoke, taking a breath, before looking at Buddy again.

"Besides, we may as well get acquainted with each other, right? She's too easy of a target. Like I said, I didn't actually mean anything by it. Just an innocent remark," he said, briefly ruffling Riri's hair, "All's I said was that she probably has it rough because of how she is. Calm down, bud."

It was almost like he had already forgotten the name he called her, or the implication that it carried. Almost. If he even knew in the first place.

Yeah, this was gonna be fun.

@Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Mr. Briggs Inc.

Last edited:
The ruffling of her hair sent a shudder down Ririchiyo's spine, blushing brightly for a few seconds. She'd slap his hand, instantly without thinking again, only to directly glare at JoJo.

"I may only be weak as of now because I don't have experience over all of this..."

Having an upset expression, she would raise an appendage outwards, pointing her index finger at the male.

ririchiyo.png

"And I swear if you touch me again, I'll..."

Quickly, Riri turned away while muting herself. What could she do against someone so huge? Compared to JoJo, Ririchiyo was a delicate porcelain doll that could be broken in a matter of seconds. She decided it was best to return to reading her book, sitting a few seats away from JoJo.

Buddy, quick as a whip would retort.

"Whatever you say, brother. "

Buddy would nod, take the hankerchief and pressed it lightly to his nose.

"Thanks you Miss. Ain't no need for you to worry. The Wu wouldn't be made with a little blood her and there. Mister Wolf, the man we met. He's know as "the Cleaner". He makes problem go away, see? He's a good man. Him and Donna are good friends, so I assume he's taken this very serious. Hopefully when we get to Donna's home, we'll figure out shit. "

Buddy would bang on the invisible wall.

"Ya know, not to brag or anything, but my i.Q is 260. You'd think dat make me smart enough not to walk into any kind of walls, right? Invisible or not."
"You think, but things in theory dont always stand up to reality. You kinda get used to that with Buddy, trust me on that folks" John would tell the group. Then the incident happened. John felt apprehensive about joining any crime families, BMF or especially the Italian groups. The Wu was a bit different, and this current undertaking could do some real good. He empathizes with the little girl Rih.

"Well the United States has a lot of issues with folks who look different. My old man served his country and still couldn't eat at the same place as his 'comrades' when he got back here. 'Sides, it's folks like you, me, and Caroline over there that built this country y'know?" he asked her, then looked around.

"Well my name is John Austin. I'm from the South Side of Chicago. I met Buddy here in the aftermath of the Friction February Incident of the 29th. If you folks don't know what that is, I met some uh, unpleasant folks who didn't know how to lose a card game with dignity and decided to turn me into Swiss cheese" he would say, making a gun with his fingers.

"Now there were six men with a gun each, all aimed at me. I tried to talk them out of it, to let things go. Unfortunately only thing they let go with were the bullets. That's when my stand activated, nd none of the bullet hit me. Or well they did, but they bounced off and back at the men, the bartender and several bystanders. Twenty people dead ands I was the lone survivor, lucky me right? Of course I freaked out and was ready to run for it cause aint no way the cops would believe my story. As I rushed out, I met THIS guy" hed say, pointing at Buddy.

"In my panic he offered m a ride and as desperate as I was I took it. He looked too much like a bama to be a cop and I figured if he tried anything I could get away. Instead, e asked me for help and we're tight now"

Caroline grunted, tensions of the group being torn apart not fading in light of the harsh tones being raised by all parties present. It irked her to see supposed friends at each others' throats, bickering like children. Turning to her plate, she still felt nervous that if she took a bite, she might just pass out and wake up in a considerably worse situation. She waited until others would eat, and digest their meals, before she would chance it.

@froggy
@Mr. Briggs Inc.

Buddy would nod at John's statement.

"First all, I saw everything as you know John, If you didn't ask, I would have just grabbed you. I knew the cops would show up soon. As some who lived in the south, I know how cops can be around some type of folks. If I remember correctly, I didn't ask you to join the Wu right away. Anyway, some of you might be unclear what the Wu is. It's not a gang of any sorts, It's a society, a order. Are goals are o better the word. The Wu has many chambers. We have members who fight in secret wars but we also have member who give poor out of luck people a break, The Wu started in the sums of Shaolin. Now I've never been to the original Shaolin, but I have been to Shaolin North Dakota, and the place is really nice. Not as nice as Shaolin Main, still. What was I sayin'? Ah, the Wu tried to prevent the A-bomb's drop. Believe me."

Buddy would get really quite.

"I helped the allies on that project when I was kid. Also broke sone enemy codes, and worked on a special "soldier project". So, after that project didn't work out, I realized dat the bomb was a bad idea and I quit. I was so dumb back then. All of those people died cuz of my help.When the wu found out, I was already a member. While they weren't happy. We did tried to stop the Allies, but thangs didn't work out. Still, dat haunts me "

Last edited:
@CCC Kouhai
@Mr. Briggs Inc.
@Salsacookies

As Buddy began to bang on the invisible wall, He'd look around. Two stands were out. Chocolate, who seemed to he taking a cat nap on one of the seats, and Carolina stand, who was looking in Buddy's wall. Buddy would scratch his head before figuring the issue out. With a bright smile, Buddy would look at Carolina.

"Miss Carolina, could ya please walk with your stand towards me, please? I think your stand made this here wall. "

As Buddy was trying to get past the invisible wall, a man walked in from the Train car behind them. Marcus was here.

Last edited:
Curious to see if he was correct, Caroline would place the food down on her seat, to follow Bud as he beckoned. Could this ability create barriers then?

She'd observe the two, still pretending to read. Then, her vision would shift towards Chocolate who was sleeping. "A stand with that appearance looks weak as well..." With a sudden sigh, Ririchiyo tried hard to not think about her situation too much. "There will be time to improve, I know we will. It's not just the Stand that needs to become stronger..." Now, she began to observe Caroline and Buddy, noticing that Caroline's stand could be the culprit in making an invisible wall. Riri tried not to giggle upon the matter, finding it quite laughable that Buddy had bumped into an invisible wall.

As Carolina and her stand came to Buddy, would walk toward the invisible wall. Unlike the last time, he was to walk past it anf open the train car's door. A smirk appeared on Buddy's face, as he jumped up and down.

"Shit! I told ya!"

@Verite
@froggy
@CCC Kouhai
@Mr. Briggs Inc.
@Salsacookies

Meanwhile

On top of the train and a few train cars down, two men would be watching the group with binoculars. One of the men was a tall Chinese man, around 30, the other was a short, heavy white man no older than 20. He had a news boy cap on. He would he the first to speak

"So Brook Lin, is this even worth it? I mean, I know that the Wu has wronged you, but we're train robbers, not murders! I mean, we. Can still rob them, but none of them look too rich

The man named Brook Lin Zhu would look at his partner. Hate in his eyes.

"Look, I know you think this about my Brother's death, and you're right. That John Austin man killed my brother! However my dear Paul E, look at his southern friend. That boy is rich. The Job is simple. We extort them. As much as I want to kill that Austin man, money comes first! So we'll make are move when. Ben is ready.

(Are we Wu? Not sure)

"Not murderers? I see you haven't been with the Wu for a long while. Yeah, job's first, but we're expecting death if you have me tagging along, I guarantee that, man."

(Ooc yes. Brook Lin and Paul aren't and weren't supposed to be near you, but I'll work with it.)

@Salsacookies

The two train robbersl froze ad Marcus appears behind them on the trains roof. It seem He thought the two men were Wu members. Brook Lin would speak as Paul E. Was frozen in fear. He smooth things over.

"Paul E here is new. Ya know how they are, right? Bright eyed and dumb as fuck. Names Brook Lin, you?"

Jonah, oblivious to the commotion that proceeded elsewhere on the train like everyone else, silently watched along with Riri as Buddy and Caroline tried to figure out the enigma of the invisible wall. He gave a small sigh, scratching the back of his head. For now, it seemed like he had nothing better to do than watching people try to fiddle around with an invisible wall.

Truly, the days of bliss.

@CCC Kouhai @Josh M @Mr. Briggs Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.