Iwaku World - OLD OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Iwaku World OOC

Geez, Asmo, why does everything have to be drama with you? It's like everyone else is trying to be moderately cheerful and here you are turning the world gray.

Ah, whatever. Just don't kill the guy, okay? If you do that, I might have to track you down in real life. You'll just be walking along and suddenly NINJA and that'll be the last thing you see.

I knew you'd say that.

And in my defence...

You fucking murdered me 18 years ago! What the hell did you expect?!

If I had been cheerful, you would have complained that I was being unrealistic.

Is there any way to win, Palonis? Is there? Is there a way? Will you ever be happy? Will you ever be satisfied? Will you? Will anything I ever do ever get through the gauntlet of your contempt? Will it? WILL IT????

*turns the OOC into a drama-fest*

so then is it unrealistic that WMD doesnt want to kill asmo?
i mean technically, you did kill me twice.

Okay, Insanity is now open for Boss raids and Instances.

Well, this'll be the end of Asmodeus unless someone stops him...

o_o

Is it already too late to post another character sheet? ^_^; Or should I PM the said sheet to you first so that you might be able to take a look at it?

Turning corner after corner, his stride grew angrier, the curious murmurs of the palace becoming distant. He moved through the emptier chambers of the west wing, his footsteps echoing through the sparse halls where King Gabriel once trod.

Holy shit, that ninja threw his grappling hook a long way.

*draws his rapier-wit*

Geez, Asmo Palonis, why does everything have to be drama unrealistic with you? It's like everyone else is trying to be moderately cheerful considerate of spatial dimensions and here you are turning the world gray into a single corridor down which a grappling hook can be thrown.

Ah, whatever. Just don't kill the guy do it again, okay? If you do that, I might have to track you down in real life make fun of you not reading my post properly. You'll just be walking MSNing along and suddenly NINJA ASMO and that'll be the last thing you see time you post in this roleplay.

*sheathes his wit-like rapier*

In my defense, you weren't really that specific as to the twists and turns and gullies and such. Not to mention that the mental self-deprecation made it hard to see sometimes what was actually happening and what was in your character's head. However, if you REALLY want me to edit it so that my ninja guy follows you, then I'll do so.

Right, I've approved/condemned all the remaining character sheets, since Porg and Psychosis are both in rehab pending charges of child abuse.

WMD: everything's fine except Alesia's refractor field. I remember they weren't that good in the game, but I can't remember why. If you can include details about where the Refractor Field fails, that'll get you the greenlight.

Torsty: I'm not sure why the blessings of the God are under "Confluence". Is it because your only blessing is your defence against magics? If so, you need to state what magics means (I'm guessing you mean Dreamweaving, since this is classical magic). If there's more to your "blessings" than that you'll have to let me know.

Mabu, you say you're unable to die by natural causes, but the sword drains your lifespan when it's not fed. Does this mean you just get older and older but can't die, till you're just a shambling old man with bits falling off him? Also, I think the essence shifts need a little weakness, like perhaps it takes time to change between forms and you have to stand completely still while shifting. Being able to fight fluidly with all four forms makes you too powerful - there needs to be a delay so that the essence shift move is a gamble.

TC, I need to know what you mean when you say the Art of the Tribes is "taxing". This power has the potential to be very overwhelming, so I need to know it's exact downsides. Otherwise you'll be able to draw anything you need to for any situation, and that'll make the Plot-Monkeys mad.

Anyone not mentioned here as been greenlighted.

okay Asmo, added example of how taxing it is, or how it is taxing, or something like that.

I think that's what you meant.

Yeah, I just get older and older looking, though for a reason unknown to both Mabushii and Progenitus, Mabushii doesn't get physically or mentally weaker. Right now he looks a bit like a mummy without the wrappings. And Mabushii can't control the shifting. I decided to have it be under the control of Progenitus. I made the decision while halfway through the sheet so there might be a spot or two where it still says Mabushii controls the shifting. And yeah, it's not supposed to be easy for Progen to shift. In order to do so, he needs to have a fairly large amount of influence over Mabushii, which is difficult for him to achieve under normal circumstances. I'll add that in. Off the top of my head, the only media analogy I can come up with is that Mabushii and Progen are like Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo from Bleach, before Ichigo learns to control his Hollow form. In other words, only under extreme circumstances when Mabushii's will starts to drastically wane does Progen gain enough influence to do anything. Which really annoys the shit outta Progen, cause that usually means that Mabushii's body is already really worn out, so Progen won't be able to cause as much havoc as he would like. One thing I noticed though was Megane's Despair Works ability. That would probably cause Mabushii's will to wane enough for Progen to take over without Mabushii's body being tired out.

Anyways, I'll add the stuff.

EDIT: Ye gads! I really started rambling there, didn't I?

There should be some downside to ageing. Otherwise, why should you care if you don't feed your sword? Right now you're just torn between being badass or REALLY badass, which isn't much of dilemma at the end of the day. In order for the sword to be a curse, there has to be something BAD associated with losing 10 years of your lifespan whilst simultaneously being immortal and retaining all your mental and physical faculties.

The sword is a curse because it has the ability to force him to kill sentient beings, which make Progenitus become stronger and more easily able to take control of Mabushii. Mabushii was cursed with the sword because he killed an innocent sentient being willingly. Yes he was decieved, but it was partially by his own arrogance. It's kinda the reverse of King Arthur, who lost the original Excalibur when he struck an innocent knight. Instead of loosing something, he gained a cursed sword bent on devouring everything. Progenitus is a force of evil and total annihilation, and that is how Mabushii views it. Being a chivalrous person, and seeking to redeem himself, Mabushii is seeking to rid the universe of Progenitus, which involves making sure Progenitus is as weak as possible as often as possible. One part I forgot to include is that Progenitus's ability to, for lack of better words, possess Mabushii is increased when around weak willed people, namely unnamed random NPCs. Also, as you will see in his personality section, Mabushii refuses to willing kill another, so as to stop Progenitus from gaining power. And as long as Mabushii is in control, Progenitus is just a big sword that steals the essence/soul of whoever it kills.

In a way, you could think of Progenitus as The One Ring, and Mabushii as Frodo, though without the temptations to use Progenitus for his own goals. Which, other than destroy Progenitus, he doesn't really have any at the moment.

Can you explain on your character sheet how he is able to resist the parastic nature of Progenitus when not around "weak willed" people? Frodo was unable to resist the will of the Ring and it slowly turned him more and more corrupted the longer he had it on his person.

If you are following going to pull a Tolkien, make sure you are doing it properly and have the will of the fallen being more dangerous than being simply suppressed by Mabu's will alone. Every character needs some kind of conflict, whether internal or external to make them have a "human element." Frodo had Sam to keep him sane and keep the reader or watcher of the Films interested in their plot.

I'm not trying to pull a Tolkein. It's jsut an analogy I thought up last night. Hadn't even occurred to me before then. And the reason that it is harder to suppress Progen when around the weak willed is that it is easier for Progen to devour the essence of the weak willed, and he senses the will of others. When around the weak willed, he senses their weakness and begins to actively fight against Mabushii's will for control of Mabushii's body. Progen does not corrupt liek the One Ring, rather he actually possesses, like a ghost. Also, he does have something to help keep him resisting: His memories. The whole reason he got stuck with Progen in the first place was because he let himself be used. By letting himself be used, he ended up hurting the innocent. He refuses to let that happen again. Thus leading to him refusing to kill and seeking to destory Progen, on top of the fact that he views Progen as a being of pure evil which due to it's very natrue must be destroyed.

Um...Asmo, have we come to a conclusion on my character, or did it just get lost in the scramble for the crown?

Well, me and Rory concluded that you never listen to anyone, so there's no point discussing it any further.

Your curse isn't a curse at all. You just have a big penis that sometimes rapes NPCs, and that's about it.

So yeah, what the fuck. Go ahead and start posting. We can always chop your penis off at a later stage if we have to.

*tapdances with a badger*

A good idea for a character with a weapon that desires souls is that the more he keeps it around, the more it starts to devour his own soul, eventually turning him into a gibbering madman who can't think at all and will eventually have to be put down because he's too far gone. Or something like that. Having an irresistible urge to slaughter random NPC's is not a weakness. It's regular roleplaying.

Post up.

Yes, my ninja guy was planning on kicking a bleeding guy in the ribs. Isn't he so nice?

Alterations to my character sheet and abilities have been pre-approved for anyone wondering.

The ending is a little awkward, but I made it a point to abstain from hijacking just yet.

The ending is a little awkward, but I made it a point to abstain from hijacking just yet.

the ending to what? though if this is the ending to your post at the south gate, then it is a bit awkward, and i don't know how to respond.

----------

on an unrelated note, i might react to vivi's post in the forest, or maybe i should wait for vay (boogey-man) first.

Status
Not open for further replies.