Iwaku: Steam City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear it.

I'm getting the hang of this!

Also, there's a very relevant clip from venture bros that I can't find on youtube, but will one day make my own.

Edit: And there you have it. Sorry for the delay, you may continue.

Okay, we're on track. Once Exvind posts we can move the Upper Class plot along.

As for the Middle Class plot, we need everyone who's going on the expedition to report to Lycan's house ASAP.

And the Lower Class plot will be starting shortly, once Grumpy decides which dress to wear.

*frets in front of a mirror*

DOES THIS ONE MAKE ME LOOK PRETTY? D:

Juliette looks like a hobo and she's going- you're fine, Grumps, lol

Let's see....
I managed to not be here for the seemingly mandatory confusion fight with Asmo and Unananananu.
And it does say "Join Any Time".

I believe that I will unsettle the order here as well and look into creating a character for this.

OH THANK GOD.

*TACKLES THE SHIT OUT OF KITTI*

Kitti! We will speak and link our characters *Shuffles away*

Lycan stands around, waiting for more people to appear...

Lycan: Hello? *echo echo echo*

Lycan watches as Xion and Zeon get out their DS's and start playing Mario Kart out of boredom.

So roneryyyyyyy. Is anyone going on the expedition going to post?

3's a crowd! I'm assuming only Tegan is left?

Tegan's busy. I WILL COME FIND YOU LYCAN, JUST GIVE ME TIME, I'M BAREFOOT AND LOOK LIKE A STREET URCHIN!

Sebastian's gonna fight ya for scraps.

Alright. Character up. *Starts soliciting players through pms for relationships*

Completely convinced that she's destined to fly and that some cruel twist of fate has denied her flight, Kitti has become intent to the point of obsession on creating a machine to allow her to fly. Highly educated and a member of the upper echelon, she's one of the authorities on the current capabilities of machinery. Since she was a child, she's had dreams of flying through the sky like birds. Over the years, she's created many prototypes of machines to enable flight, but they're never enough. She created a vehicle of sorts, a little machine that can achieve hovering off the ground, and of course she's familiar with the idea of zeppelins and balloons. It just isn't right. She wants to be able to attach the wings directly to her shoulders and fly - something that she's always fallen just short of doing. Lately, she's been contemplating implanting her machines directly onto her shoulders, the concept of which has kept her tirelessly designing.

She's never satisfied without knowing the full answer to something, always wanting to know exactly how and why something happened. Cause and effect fascinates her and her mechanically turning mind. She admires creatures that can fly, but has a secret morbid streak. She's dissected more than one bird, trying to figure out how their wings work. She's naturally strong-willed and adventurous to a fault.

She was born into privilege with a family of some clout. No one knows if she's the natural born daughter of Lord Kehvarl or not, but few question the matter. Kehvarl has always provided her with all the means to further her education and by all appearances, they are a content family with Kehvarl's mate, Tribulum. As of late, the Lord has been shutting himself in his rooms, refusing to speak to the public. Rumors have spread like wildfire that he has died, though Kitti assures them that the rumors are quite false.

Alright, I get to pull a fast one on you, although I suspect it will backfire on me.

I noted earlier that Theodore had a giant spy pidgeon. I mostly wrote it out of boredom, but it wasn't contested. How to reconcile?

Pull a fast one on who?

Sorry, but shouldn't you ask, and not just say what you're going to do, like no one has any say in anything?

I'm sorry, I'll be honest, you've been rubbin' me the wrong way for a while, but this is ridiculous. You're not an ignorant RPer, It's easy to tell- but whether you're acting like this knowingly or out of spite towards Asmo or someone else- stop it.

Talk to role players outside of the OOC, plan with them- approach them and ask them- "Would it be ok if our characters did this?"

Also, for the love of whatever god you believe in- if you argue with Asmo again for more than five posts, I'm not going to be pleased- talk to him, figure out a way to work things out- because all it does is make you look like some brat who doesn't understand how things work.

I don't know where you came from, or what the customs were of their roleplaying- but that shit doesn't fly here.

We're not going to give you a pass on everything just because you're trying to be unique and express yourself- why would we?

You play the victim everytime someone calls you out on something- no, really, that shit isn't ok. When Asmo and Sel are trying to explain shit- don't try to weasel out by talking about temperatures of shit- It should have ended right there, but no. I've seen your other roleplay that you're in, and you don't act anything at all like you do on Steam City or on Fate Guard.

Lastly- I've had it up to here with you. You're not special, you're not unique, you're not the shit, and you certainly aren't the best roleplayer I've seen- so I don't understand why you're so pumped up about yourself. Role Playing isn't making yourself look great in a story- it's about working with OTHER ROLEPLAYERS to MAKE A STORY TOGETHER.

FUCK.

Ok, I feel better- Asmo or Jack, delete this at your leisure, and if you want, you can boot me for a week- or two, or a month- I don't care- I needed to get that out, I've never been so angry with another roleplayer before. I'm sorry for anyone this might have offended besides Unanun.

I'm gonna go enjoy my birthday and spend time with my family and try to get my head clear. I'll send you a lengthy apology in PM Asmo, if you want.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess you missed how I was joking. Really, I was.

I am actually following in the fashion you attempted to teach me: asking kitti about an inconsistency I found. I actually did write up a post aboug a giant flying mechanical pigeon, but kitti's profile states how difficult flight is, and not just the balloon type.

What did I do wrong this time?

I have a degree in chemistry, therefore what I percieve as plausible may not be the same as yours. Hence my interpretation of the sealants, metals, etc. Try to be more tolerant of that.

Also, I refrain from arguing with Asmoedeus because I like his scenarios enough to attempt to reform my style to match the way he does things. Notice how I dont make mistakes twice. I think.

I hail from the same background as Orion, and he knows this. Therefore he gives me much more free reign. I also know how he rolls, so rarely do we clash.

I am really confused how you managed to pin such a large ego on me. I am rather flattered, actually. If anything, ignoring your passive aggressive behaviour has been my largest test since joining, which is why I prefer to directly deal with Asmodeus, as he is the GM, among other things. I have never claimed to be good and my writing certainly isnt great, but I draw inspiration from good scenarios and thrive on reactionary style posting. I am not good at writing posts that verge on short stories, I freely admit.

From where I come from, "making a name for oneself" takes a distant second seat to playing with other people. Please ask orion, ampoule, or tegan. RPing is about interaction, this I fully understand. The reason why I tend to write much shorter posts because the longer you get, the bigger the risk of ablibbing one takes. When I used to RP, we would take turns writing a few paragraphs, reacting to each other, mingling, interacting. Stories unfold dynamically based upon the whims of whoever, whatever, however. One player eventually transitions into GM mode. There is little to no pre planning, and certainly no OOC talk except "brb dinner". Or not. Sometimes we just shoot the shit, that is fine too. This is almost completely antithetical to what is going on here, and you can tell that I am obviously having difficulty adjusting.

I am most eager to read exvinds excellent posting, and to see what cammyjag and selenite write next.

Whew! That was rather long winded. I would appreciate if you read this all, as it would explain my "odd" behaviour.

Well, as a leading "flight brain", her work would be published. Just making something else fly would be simple, perhaps early adolescence for her. As long as you aren't ... eating the pigeon to gain its powers? I don't think that it should be a big deal. Easily explained away by that being early work. Her current difficulties involve making herself fly, with wings and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.