Iwaku: Steam City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Xion, Zeon was standing at the front door of the house waiting to be let in, not at the gate of the estate. Could you please edit your post to reflect this? As the two have a fairly large difference as to what Zeon could see or hear from his location

Oh, sorry. Will do so when I get on a computer.

Will post sometime tomorrow morning. Didn't really feel all that inspired today, despite being really excited for the plot.

So how will the story be driven? Will it mostly center around your plot for now?

*Plays in a puddle outside*

Be there soon. I'm waiting for the perfect moment to spring my dramatic entrance! :D

(Tegan's writing a paper, expect something around Wednesday)

So how will the story be driven? Will it mostly center around your plot for now?
The first chapter will be about the expedition.
The second chapter will be about the Corporations.
Rinse and repeat.

Think of Lycan as a quest giver at this point. Other plots are totally allowed and encouraged, but this is the main plot as it stands. Lycan is not the main character of this story, and I do not intend to play her as such. If you have any ideas to add to the plot, feel free to post 'em up! This is just more trying to get everyone together, as we all have our own stories, but if we didn't interact, we'd just be writing novels. =D

Wait... so am I good now?

How do I propose an idea without spoiling it for everyone?

All characters are approved, except Desaecula, who still has the "Spain" thing in their bio. I'd like that amended if possible.

*waves arms at Descaecula from the edge of the IC*

If you don't want to spoil a plot idea for everyone, send a PM to either Zeon, Asmo or I. We'll hear the idea and may work it into the bigger plot.

Note...: there is still room for character development here. I just couldn't figure out (even though I wanted) what sort of curse, magical or not, place on her. I'll leave that open depending on how the story progresses. Lycanthropy? Vampirism? Some drug addiction? A disease(besides her mental issues)? Perhaps it's not even necessary, after all.

Yah, well, time elapsed and I figured out. I also have some questions.

I am, at heart, a shapeshifter roleplayer. I enjoy the most of my characters when they are half human, half something else. I usually go insane if I have no such characters to roleplay as.

The reverse is also applicable. Since Selenite is already insane, finding a medicine for her might cause some shapeshifting secondary effects. Selenite might become addicted to the medicinal substance... I was thinking something beastlike in her most extreme form; this might happen only if she is deprived of her medicine for too long. Otherwise she'd just change her face features and her paws/hands (which would not allow her to work!). Just another form of the Jeykill and Hyde thing.

Q:
-Should I add this in the Selenite post and start playing with this curse already started, or
-should I start with her mental issues making a mess out of her life, so that she is on a quest to find a 'cure', or
-should I just stop bothering people and not add the curse at all?

-Regardless of any of that. Should I follow the train of people that is magnetically drawn towards LQ's quest or would you, multiple Game Masters, advise me to better wait/ get started in a different direction? (because given her background and interests I'm not entirely convinced that Selenite might show interest for Lady Lycan's gathering. She likes her dull job.)

If you go with it being a mental condition, that'll be cool. I've laid some seeds in the first post with the newspaper story about the Asylum - a subplot that you could well get caught up in.

I was hoping most characters would start with Lycan's quest. But if you fancy something else I can possibly do a sidestory and lay some other plot pipelines. Maybe Desaecula is up to something, or Tegan's other character.

So...

ANYONE WHO IS NOT GOING TO BE INVOLVED IN LYCAN'S EXPEDITION, PLEASE DECLARE IT HERE AND I WILL SEND ALTERNATIVE PLOT BUNNIES YOUR WAY

I have no idea.

Edit: I'm assuming no, since Leaguers wouldn't participate, right?

Well, my character is with unanun, but I'm sending some NPCs there. Just to observe, so Lycan you can feel free to ignore them or whatever.

Well here goes;

Sally Maleck a.k.a Sanchez
She's part of the Middle Class Shifters but only just scraping it with her job as Gun Hire in town. Even though she's titled herself with the job, she much prefers her old days as a bounty hunter from the Old West and still secretly per sues it in the shadows of the streets of the Shifters with wealthy league citizens as her clients. She has little interest in the people she works for and only desires the heavy weight of their money purses. She likes valuable rare items and enjoys the pleasures of pickpocketing the foolish passers in the street.
Her cute angel face and red ringlets are all facade to her true personality though she uses her appearance to get what she wants from men and clients. Her choice of weapon is a simple pistol, fitted nicely in a belt.
She has her doubts and dislikes about the league civilians and always keeps a suspicious eye on anything that goes on around those parts of the city, however, after hearing rumours from her 'friends' of Lady Lycan being in possession of an 'unusual rare item', she cannot help but let her curiosity feed and investigate the mystery.

Meh thats all I guess, hope it's cool/ok : )

SEND ME TEH PLOT BUNNEHS.

I'd love to take part in some Asylum thing.
But I want to play as forger/silversmith, too.
That could be later on, of course.

I'll leave the rest of my questions for later.

Just something light, to set the character relationships in stone until Lycan's plot has a chance to make an impact. I can send Theodore down to the Commodore's party for the time being.

Well, as a League trouncer, I do not believe I shall end up having an impact upon le expedition unless they somehow run afoul of the law. So, PLOT BUNNIES, MI'LORD! Grant us civilized people a plot while the Shifters.....shfit..

FINALLY got a post done. That took way longer than it should have, sorry for the delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.