Iwaku: Steam City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. She wants the power of personal flight, Icarus style...while the idea of flight itself is not exactly a new innovation...the way SHE wants it is.

Also, While I don't want to get too involved in the high intensity back and forth...I shall at least try to put in a small one-cent piece of opinion...only one.

While I understand your reasoning Unanun, perhaps your presentation could be somewhat less...hmm, condescending? You may not actually be meaning to come off that way, but sometimes you do and that might be part of what's ruffling TK's feathers. We're all here to have a good time, aren't we? Let's put the issue behind us as it stands. *Calms TK*

There will be peace among we Steampunk mongers.

If I sound overly formal and perhaps condescending to you, it's because I'm trying to sound polite and you're being judgemental, imposing your own idea of my personality on my posts! Joking aside, honestly, I've been holding back the urge to bark for a while, simply because barking at the incumbents tends to make one a pariah, and in the interest of participating in Asmodeus' fantastic fantasies I would rather not. So, I sincerely attempt to sound polite. Clearly, it's not working.

Kitt: I wrote in an early post how Mayhem created a mechanical ornithopter in the likeness of an albatross, so, a giant steam powered bird. However, I did not have it fly due to engineering assuring Theodore it would do anything but. So maybe it'll work out after all.

Since I'm on a soapbox, I might as well tell you all my main motivation for RP'ing: see what you create acknowledged by others, and vice versa. The apex of RP'ing is seeing your imagination brought to life by others, which is why I really, really liked it when the spiders I dreamed up (while writing that post) were integrated into plots and the world of others.

This may partially explain my 'bad behaviour.' I guess I subconsciously always insert 'hooks' into my posts that allow others to take the bait - or not. This is obviously not the way GM-RPs are run, as by definition there is usually one GM who runs the story with the rest experiencing it.

Perhaps you may have noticed how I hooked onto Orion in FG. Yes, that was done with zero premeditation. I did take the safe option with him (dohoho, nohomo) because I was already afraid if I did that with anyone else it would have repercussions in OOC.

Again, I am still trying to see what the limits are for 'hooking.' Clearly, large hooks like Tahan positioning a threat above Malwin are *not* allowed without premeditation. What about creatively interpreting Asmodeus' post about the murder? Still a bit too much.

I've probably posted about 20 times or less in combined FG / Steam City. Please be patient with me and it'll sort itself out very quickly.

Also, happy birthday. Hopefully I have not upset you so much to make you not enjoy your day. Rest assured, if this is comforting at all, that I am not angry or harbor ill will in the slightest .. although it appeared that you tried to offend me.

*Throws up his hands* S'all good then. Not making a judgement, just telling you how they can sometimes come off. ^_^ No harm done. Play away.

All righty then. I'm glad the drama has resolved itself, but allow me to address one point:

Unanun: I understand that you've got a degree in chemistry, and that's awesome. But remember that not only is this Iwaku World, but this is a setting in which magic (albeit in very small proportions compared to a fantasy setting proper) is still there. That means the rules of reality are subject to be wavered whenever it might be convenient to the plot. We don't have degrees in chemistry, so keep in mind that there are factors when we set these stories up that we just don't consider. This is not a realistic Earth setting, so expect things to get weird every now and again. I'm not putting down your knowledge or your input, but I'd like you to consider that and if you've got any ideas, post them up or send us a PM.

Thank you, and let's continue to enjoy the game.

D-degree in chemistry.. O._.0... i sense a valuable reference for a side-plot i've been thinking of!

Hey Sibling, wanna plot with Xion?

I did create my character witht eh intentions of being a mob-boss-esk type for the Underworld, didn't I? ^.^

Acqua and Zen, are you going to be joining the expedition?

Put it this way: I'm not sure if Asmodeus is trolling me or not, but I couldn't explain the concept of posting order to him, something that is fundamental from where I used to RP. Also, there was no quicker way to have someone PM me to resolve a dispute than ad-libbing another's actions.

Kitters, TO THE SKYPE.

Posting order isn't really a thing here.
There's an expectation of respect and personal responsibility with this.
Respect: Allow other people interacting with your character the chance to post and contribute, instead of just dragging their mute and unresponsive character around.
Personal Responsibility: Post in a timely manner and don't force people to feel crummy for having to drag your character around.

But no real.... order.
TO SKYPANS.

Er... I'd have to ask Aqua what we're doing exactly. All that we managed to plot together was the whole delivery thing happening. I'll send a PM or something and see what's up.

Alright, Plans are in place ^.^ Asmo, I shall pms you.

*twiddles thumbs*

Yeah, well.
It's a Friday/ close to end of the week/ weekend thing (girl is never sure, she lives twelve hours earlier than most Iwakuans, and on the opposite side of the globe)

Things get slowed down, usually. Frustrating, but essential for me to do my biology homework and assignments.
If Iwaku had active Fridays, I'd sure be lost with that subject.

Not that I'm really good at it, but, at least, I'm doing some of it.

I'll move things along this weekend.

I probably won't be in this until the next chapter, guys. (Uh-duuuuuuh!) Before I go to England, I must return to the place of my birth to say goodbye to some family members, say goodbye to my friends and family in Texas and be a bride's maid in my best friend's wedding.

Ya'll have fun, will try to steal your stuff soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.