It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's a Dog Eat Dog World

He chuckled and then bit down on his bottom lip when her hands explored his body. Her body against his was so comfortable it was weird how the feeling wouldn't go away. " I'd say were equal because your so damn tempting. His hands roamed on her lower body amd he was contient on the touches and kisses.

Matt knew tommaroww would be diffrent and they'd be in tranning and today would be their last night alone together. He didn't even know if they'd train together or seprate. Her hands made him want more but he knew it was too risky. " As much as i want to, its too risky..i mean i dont mind". He suddenly felt stupid becaue he didn't want to ruin the mood and he kissed her again.

Josie signed at his touch, and eagerly her body responded - far too easily. She held her breath, hoping to do so would suffocate her urges. And then, again, Matt spoke logic... Tomorrow returned to her thoughts, the Pits... and Josie slowly eased her hand away trying her best to hold back. Once...wasn't enough, but their time would come again.

"Just...hold me then. That's all I want, is for you to hold me..." She stretched her chin up to find his lips, cupping his chin in her hands to where her fingers tickled his ear.

He smiled when he heard Josie's sighs when he touched her and he wanted to do it alot more but he knew she was getting turrned on and he didn't want to work her up for nothing. Matt closed his eyes breifly and when he did Josie kissed him and played with his ears. " Ill hold you no mattter what".

Pulling Josie close to his body he wrapped his arms around her and then kissed her softly, His hands played with her hair, nose as he poked her playfully. " The thought of tommarow rang through his mind but he quickly forgot about it and enjoyed the time he was spending with her now. Closing his eyes he slowly drifted off to sleep but he wasn't fully sleep.

Josie sighed and tucked herself in Matt's aura. She tried to relax and just celebrate the wonderful day they had, but she was so hooked into him made it difficult to rest. Eventually, her body's weakness took control of its dying urges and she silently fell asleep. But, in her dreams all she could think about was Matt. It made her resting hours more complicated and active than her waking hours.

An alarm sounded from the other room. Faint at first, then it blared loud enough to jolt Josie up from the bed with such a start, the movement caught her bruised ribs. She yelled out and fell back down on the pillow, grabbing her side. "Hell, someone turn that shit off!" The alarm stopped immediately.

Taking several quick deep breaths, she calmed herself just when a knock echoed from the door. "Is everything okay in there?" It was Ace. He opened the door and stood in the entrance of the room, not wanting to go further to where he would have a clear view of the full bedroom - out of respect for his friends. "Um, sorry about that. It's the training alarm. It goes off at this time - throughout the weekdays - for our trainees."

"Damnit, Ace! You could have given someone a warning." She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, fighting back her anger for being woken up so harshly so early in the morning... She looked out the windows, finding no sun, not even a sunrise peaking over the horizon. "How early is it anyway?"

"Ahh, 5 am..." there was a rush of feet and the door closing sharply before she could even begin to complain to her friend.

He slowly opened his eyes when he felt Josie movve and then he heard the alarm clock. It urked him but before he could speak Josie cursed and then the alarm was up. Matt hear Ace's voice about tranning and then he sighed when he relized the night passed so fast..he regretted not messing around with Josie. When he slowly sat up he streached and then kissed Josie's cheek. " Morning cranky".

He had to admit it was annoying that it was only five but he knew they had to train. He walked into the bathroom and took a shower soaping up and then letting the water rinse him off. He wraped a towel around his waist as it hung low off his hips and he walked out the bathrrom and then opened the bag to get his boxers.

"Morning cranky".

Josie's irritation seem to smolder at Matt's voice. The comment along, on any other day, from any other person, would of have her come unglued. But, she wasn't upset at anyone, not even Ace and his infuriating alarm system. She was upset at what awaited for her.

"Morning, kissable." She returned his kiss and then watched him head to the bathroom. Running her fingers through her hair, Josie stood and attempted to stretch the ache in her side. Seeing that she'll just have to continue dealing with keeping that itchy wrap in place, she strolled out the bedroom and into the kitchen. What she found there was staggering...besides the eyes of a few extra people.

"Ah, Jo; I had Martin and Annie make breakfast for you guys." The spread on the dining room table was beautiful, to say the least, and more food than she's seen in a long time. He stood up and kindly opened his newspaper before her, shielding her frame. Josie looked up to find Martin staring far too long before turning away. Annie punched him in the back, which made Josie snicker and forget about how embarrassed she was stepping out with just a teddy.

Ace shook his head with a goofy serious face, "No, young lady, you will not step out of this apartment wearing that!"

His antics only made her laugh even harder. "Haha, yes, daddy. I'll go *snicker* change into something else." She turned back around and rushed back into the bedroom.

"Take a look in the closet!" Ace's voice resonated through the door after she closed it.

Crossing the bedroom, she wondered what she would find there. When she opened it, there were two sets of uniform-like suits, a set of pads and boots, gloves, and a helmet. All of it was of high quality and held the ISH symbol on it. Josie stepped back in alarm. "Oh God, what did I get myself into?"

When he put on his underwear he heard Acce's voice and Joise's comming from the livvingroom. When she came in and opened the closet he looked at the ISH uniforms and then smiled. " Wow these are awesome". He walked over to the closet and took down he unifrom and then put it on and chuckled. " Hey how do look? Badass right?". He smiled and then pulled Josie tword him and kisses her for a few moments.

" Have to get my kisses in". He tucked the helmet under his arm and then he walked into the livingroom area to see Ace, Martin and Annie. He said hello to everyone and then sat down.

She had to admit, the uniforms were rather bad ass, especially on Matt. But, they also meant there was going to be a lot of work ahead of them.... a lot of things she just had to buck up and make work.

Josie could see how happy Matt was with all of this, but he would. This was probably going be nothing for him, but a fun boy scout camp. She shook her head, "I can do this... I've made it through a lot of things, without a clue as to how. I've got to do this, and I've got to get it right." She pulled down her uniform and took it to the bathroom, along with her bag.

After showering and drying off, she slipped on her uniform. "This is crazy." She said to her reflection in the mirror. She left the bedroom and entered the dining room, sitting her gear down and taking her seat.

Ace was still reading his newspaper and drinking his coffee; his bagel still sat on his plate untouched. Matt was eating, so she began as well, now noticing how big her eyes were getting. Annie and Martin quietly continued to fill glasses and add more food, or take away empty platters. She saw how Martin, who seemed only about seven years or so older than them, continued to look her way. And Annie, who was old enough to be his older sister, and probably was, continued to give him the evil eye.

Josie ignored the activity and ate in silence.

Ace looked up, "I'm heading down to see if the other recruits are ready. You two, I'll meet you downstairs - 15th floor shooting range for weapons training. Then to hand-to-hand, and tactics."

Re: It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 1

Matthew ate his breakfast and then finished with drinking his juice. The food was amazing and he couldn't wait to go through the tranning and ace it. The quicker he did the closer he was to finding Danny and that was the main thing on his mind. He looked up to catch Martin looking at Josie a couple of times but he didn't say anything instead he stood and then walked into the bedroom and opened his bag.

He looked down at the equiptment that he had and then he sat on the bed taking apart the rifle that Harrison together and adding adjustments so that that it would do more damage. He came back out and sat back down shaking his leg. He looked out the window to keep from saying or doing something he might regret. He hated the fact that he got jealous quick.

Josie finished her meal quickly, then stood up with less pep in her step. Ace had left, and Matt looked a bit antsy. She knew he was ready to go, so she wasn't going to waste any time. The quicker, the better.

"Hey, you look like a little kid dangling his feet; you're ready to go?"

Standing before him, she leaned over just a hair, placing her hands on his knees and giving him a silly tilted glance. Her hair, which finally aired dry, fell to one side and made her look younger than she was.

He was looking out at the view and watching the activity although the people looked like ants to him and the cars looked small as well. He turned to see Josie lookind dead at him. " Yeah im ready to go little girl". He stood and then picked up his helmet. When he looked at her it seemed like he had gotten even more taller than her from before.

Matt smirked and tilted her chin up before leaning down and brushing his lips against hers to tease and he wispered against her lips. " Ace is waiting for us so we should go". He loved to tease her and when heteased her it tempted him so he stopped and chuckled.

Josie nodded her head, now feeling sweat bead down the middle of her back beginning its downward descent. Even the teasing Matt offered didn't lift her typical natural smile. It was thin and lack lustered, and edging towards doubt. But, she tried to maintain a happy-go-lucky appearance as she entered the elevator.

The 15th floor was a mighty long way down...

Taking Matt's hand, she squeezed it hoping to soak in some reassurance that she would do fine...

((BLARG!!!))

Matthew noticed something was wrong with Josie, she was acting diffrent. When they got into the elevator and she squeezed his hand he looked at her. " Are you okay? Look if its about the tranning, dont think of it that much and you'll breeze through like it was nothing," He leaned agahinst the wall and watched the numbers decrease as they were almost at the loby.

Josie took a deep breath in thought, "Yea...but will all this training be enough to really help us out there? I mean, if we get into a bad situation with no way out, will all of this," she looked down at her uniform to indicate the whole training aspect, "give us what we need to get out of it?"

She turned to face Matt, leaning her shoulder against the elevator wall beside him. "We're planning on entering the Pits... it's your first time; it will be my third. I wasn't prepared before and I've already told you where that got me. I don't want to go back without everything I need to avoid getting stuck there again, especially now..." It was that sense of hopelessness that the Pits were known for.

Matthew knew that she didnt want to do the tranning and that it would remind her of the pitts. He pulled her into his arms and then held her close to him. " Look i know that you been there before, and that its a pain to do this but the tranning is going to help us, trust me you'll learn everything that you need okay?".

When they were out of the elevator he looked down at Josie wondering what exactly she was thinking and then he sighed and looked at Ace who was waiting for them. He knew the first day would be hell but he was getting closer to getting Danny back and that was all that mattered.

( We dont have to discuss the tranning)

Five hours of intense study, hands-on techniques, fighting, rolling around in the dirt, mud, plant life that was irritating to Josie's skin, and being yelled at by various trainers for no reason at all except to break her nerves and patience... All of this in one day, and that was before the fifteen minute break.

Then, it was another seven hours of more work. Josie had spent several of those hours crying in pain from old and new injuries, and from her constant struggle to get everything absolutely right. She knew what they will be up against out there, and she didn't want to make any mistakes. But, she tried to take Matt's pep talk to heart and worked through it all. She had to...

But, training was made for mistakes. She didn't do too bad at hand to hand and weapons combat, but she almost shot another trainee with an arrow, had made a bad choice during a tactical maneuver simulation that lead her friend right into enemy hands... Oh, and she learned that she's afraid of swimming in extremely deep water; that was one for the books.

Ace was the instructor for tech maintenance, showing them how to handle the little pieces of equipment that they are to hide on them to record things and take pictures. This part of the day Josie liked - no major work, but it was still stressful to keep all of that information on her tired mind.

By the end of the day, besides needing a serious bathe, Josie was too tired to cry, to worn to worry, and too full of information to recall her first name. All she wanted to do was to soak in that huge bath tub for hours and hours with no care in the world. When their day ended, Josie quickly found her place beside Matt, using him more as a leaning post.

"Well, that's one day down..." she mumbled as they stepped inside the penthouse. Josie threw her helmet down, tore off her gloves and kicked off her boot right there in the entrance. As she slowly made her way to the bedroom, she began to shed her uniform off, not considering anyone else could be in the room. She walked into the bedroom, pulling up her shirt and tossing it onto the floor, then stepped out of her pants, adding it to the bread crumb trail she made.

Martin stood silently in the far corner of the bedroom, hidden behind shadows. He waited patiently as Josie absentmindedly finished undressing and closed the bathroom door. They were the ones in the description sent out by the Haven, so Annie was right after all. Their reward money would pay off so many credits, and they could leave the Yellows for Freemont and live like royalty. All they needed was one of them alive, that's all. Annie refused to do it, but that just means that there's more for one. Martin lifted his gun, preparing his sights for the next person to enter the room.

((HEHEHE....meh is being devious with these sudden little twisties... LOL))

The tranning was intense, the climbling, fighting skill combat and the diving with the amory on was killer. His body was badly bruised and cut from the obstacles and he was over worked and tired. The tranning was killer, it felt suicidal for anyone who had to go through the tranning althought some of the pople where used to it.

When he saw Josie he felf bad, she looked recked and exausted. Kissing her forehead he tried to look on the bright side. Atleast we have four more days of tranning huh?". When they headed up the elevator he watched at Josie striped down from her combat clothes and then he laughed. He wasn't in a rush to take his off although he was sweatly.

Throwing off his helmet and taking off his shoes he felt so relived. Matt neatly placed their things on the wall and then he streached feeling his tight muscles. " Hey babe your gonna hae to give me a massage i feel like an old man". He laughed and then walked into the room. Looking around it was exactly how they left it but something seemed diffrent.

( Yeah i see XP i can kill him right? or question him first?))

Steam filled the room, almost as thick as a London fog. Josie turned up the water and added some bubble bath. While the large tub filled, she worked to loosen her hair from its bindings. She glanced at herself in the mirror, finding nothing really changing at all for her. Bruises and grime; that was her true make-up.

It's been two weeks...three and a half weeks since she left one morning from Sunlocks... And after all the good things that have come her way, she still looks like a scavenger. She didn't want anymore of anything... The Yellows was making her soft, or was it her doubtfulness making her change her mindset? She didn't know anymore...

She settled in the tub and scrubbed off all the dirt and then washed her hair.

Steady, don't screw this up.

The door opened and Matt walked in, calling out to Josie as he entered. He stopped...just in the right spot. Martin slowly began to pulled the trigger - aiming directly at Matt's head.

Josie heard a gun shot. She froze, not understanding if she heard that right. "Matt?" She stood up in the tub and turned on the shower to quickly rinse the suds off. Now, she knew Matt wouldn't be dumb enough to discharge a gun in the apartment. But, accidental shooting can occur. But, she don't recall bringing their sidearms upstairs... Actually, they were left at the shooting range...

So, what gun just went off? Josie quickly grabbed a bathrobe from the hook and tied it around her.

Matthew was just about to head out the room when he heard a gun shot ring in his ears. He stood for a moment and then he looked down to see his shoulder bleeding. Stumbling back he leaned against the wall and the blood was pouring out fast. The next gun shot was tword his head but it missed and just grazed him.

He looked to see there was a figure in the shadows behind the curtains. He pushed himself off the wall and ramed into the figure watching the gun fly out the figures hand. Smalling him to the floor he eyes went wide when he saw it was Martin. His body was becoming weakk and his vision was blury. His blood was on the wall and then floor.

Martin headbutted him but he kept his grip and slamed him back down to the floor punching him square in the jaw. He saw Martain's arm reaching for the gun and he immeditally elbowed him and leaned over grabbing the gun. Pointing it at the mans face he shot his leg instead and then stood stagering slightly. " Who sent you?". He kept the gun pointed at Martin's head.

Josie left the bathroom and walked right into a fight. Matt was struggling with someone on the floor. She gasped, now connecting the blood on the wall and floor to the red streak soaking his sleeve. She moved closer to the night stand and grabbed the phone. She dialed 1 - the front desk, and told them what was happening and they needed help.

When done, she moved to Matt's side when he stood up holding the person at gun point. His question was wildly asked, and she wondered if the tension he held would cause him to shoot the man before he got an answer.

"You should know who sent me."

Josie looked down at the voice and was thrown back. Martin, one of Ace's assistance? She didn't know what to think now.

"You two are all over the place, you know...a huge reward on your heads." Martin continued, shaking on his ass hoping what he said didn't end his life. "I really need that money. I want to take Annie away, marry her and live in Freemont. I have a lot of credits to pay...a lot of people who have it out for me... The Haven pays people well when they get them what they want."

"What?" Josie started, "The Haven?" She looked away, tucking herself behind Matt in fear of what they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.