It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's a Dog Eat Dog World

Matthew took the time to look around and then he found two pair of shoes he wanted. He picked up some timberland boots and then somw new black combat boots. He looked around once more before finding Josie and he smiled at the shoes. " They look nice". He placed the shoes on the counter and let the lady scan them and she asked for the card.

Looking out the window he watched as the people walked back and forth, some with their children and others just husban and wife. It made him want a family of his own, him Josie and danny and mabey a new addition, that was the life he wanted.

The woman at the counter scanned Ace's card and handed it back to Josie. Everything registered just fine and there was no receipt.
Josie walked with Matt out the store, seeing all the people going on about their lives. She slipped her hand into his as they walked to the car. It was like they'd been living well all their lives, and easy to forget what bought then together in the first place.

Matt walked out the store and held Josie's hand he looked around and spotted the clothing store right across the street from them. " Hey time for some clothes". When it was time to cross they did and he opened the door to the clothing store. It was amazing. The clothes seemed endless. He walked around looking for some clothes until he found a nice strpied rugby short and loose jeans. He also got some underwear and soe tank tops and a hoddie.

images
images
images

( Sorry just felt like posting the pictures so you'd have a better sense of what it looked like))

((That's a good idea though.))

[SPOILI](The dress Josie is wearing now in blue) View attachment 14364

(What she purchased - for some reason, she has a thing for bold stripes...lol)
View attachment 14365View attachment 14366View attachment 14367View attachment 14368View attachment 14369[/SPOILI]

It's been a while since she's shopped for anything new. Overwhelmed with the experience, she tried to keep in mind that what she picked now she'll probably will be using out there - in the Pits. But, after a while she just had fun shopping with Matt, going through the aisles of clothes and picking what she liked. Keeping this simple, she chose a few things that were casual, lounge things, and one little dress that, she felt, would be a nice thing for a special occasion. For some reason, she felt that they would get a chance to have a reason for something special.

Matthew got a few more rugby shirtls and long sleves, he also got loose cargo pants and a nice dress shirt and pants as well. When he was done he walked over to Josie and smiled. " So do you have what you want?". He wanted to make sure they had everything that they wanted and needed.
He placed his clothes on the counter and let the guy scan the clothes. The guy looked over at Josie with a grin and Matt tapped his finger on the counter getting annoyed with the guy.

After shopping and trying more clothes on, taking in the full experience of the day, Josie was satisfied with everything she had. She covered casual and dress wear, items that she would probably use in her travels, underwear and a few delicate things for Matt's eyes only, and a few things for colder nights. If Ace was paying for it all, she might as well go for gold.
"So, do you have what you want?"

"Yes, and probably a few thing I shouldn't have...but, I'm fine with that."

Standing at the register counter, the guy who rang their items up was being a bit flirtatious, especially when he registered the lingerie she chose. Matt was very intuitive about this and quickly let the guy know he was crossing the line. She smiled and tucked herself closer to Matt, wrapping her arm around his waist and leaning against his arm.

She didn't realize how hungry she was getting until her stomach cried out as they left the store. Her aching side was trying to complain about all the extra moving she's done, but she's been ignoring it. Really, what time was it anyway? Slipping her hand into the center of her bra, trying hard to do so without strangers watching, she pulled out that old pocket watch of her fathers. She's never without it, even when she has no pocket to put it in.

"Crud, it's actually noon," she noted. "No wonder I'm starved. We should grab something to eat...and maybe take it back to Ace's."

When he felt Josie wrap her arm around his waist and lean against him, he calmed and then carried the gabs they brought. Placing the bags in the turnk of the car he agreed with Josie when she said she was hungry. " Yeah your right im hungty too. He chuckled when he saw her go into her bra to get the pocket watch and check the time.

" Yeah we can go get something to eat, what do you feel like eating?". He gor in the car and strapped himself in. " We passed a seafood place and a burger place, we can look around for more stores, im shure they have a chicken place too". He smiled and then leaned and wispered in her ear. " I saw the things you bought..cant wait to see it on you".

(YEA, I think the storms have moved away from me, for now. But, I know there's another pocket that will hit early morning for me, like around 2 or so. *fingers cross* Skip me!))

"Hey, a burger! I haven't had one of those in a long time. Chicken...had that. You just steal one from a farm and there you go."

Josie could eat a Rhino, if it was edible. Matt leaned towards her and whispered in her ear about some of the daintier items she'd purchased. She grinned mischievously., "Umm, well I guess you should drive faster or wait a little longer."

Matthew chucked and then started the car and headed to the burger place. He parked the car and headed inside and looked at the menu. " H,, ill have a double cheeseburger ketchup only and a meduim coke". The lady took his order and then looked at Josie for hers.

" Hey do you want to eat here or back at the place"?. He looked around as the people ate and it felt like he was living the normal life again.

"I'll take a bacon cheeseburger, small fries, and a medium coke."

The lady rang up their order and Josie graciously handed over the credits. It was great to not have to worry about having enough money...even if it wasn't yours.
It was like running up her dad's credit cards.

Josie looked around at the crowded burger place. It would have been nice to sit there and just act as if all was well, but she really just wanted to enjoy her day with Matt at Aces. "Nah, let's go back. I want to see if there's a movie on." That was another luxury she hasn't had in a while - television, with or without cable.

The lady returned with their meals and they headed back to the car. Josie sat down and immediately opened her bag, taking a deep breath. "Bacon and beef biproducts, ummm, ummm good!" She snagged one of her french fries and sipped on her soda as they left.

Matt nodded and then took his bag and walked back to the car. When they got in the car he laughed when he saw Josie munch on some fries. " Seems like someone couldn't wait". He drove back to Ace's amd then got out the car after he parked it. Taking Josie's hand he headed into the elevator and then kissed her until it was there stop. " I kinda like being on the top floor, it gives me alot of time to kiss you". He opened the door for them and then placed his bag on the livingroom table and the shopping bags in the room.

He turnned on the tv and then found a movie to watvh and he sat on the couch and took a few gulps of his soda and ate his burger. " Wow i nenver knew i'd miss a burger this much".

Josie kicked off her shoes and settled down beside Matt, tucking her feet under her. Most of her fries had already vanished by the time they made it to the penthouse, so all she had left was her burger. It was better than she could remember. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder, you know. This beats fresh kill any day."

She slowly finished her burger and drink while they watched the movie. But after all the shopping, the full belly, and the drowning aches, Josie was slowly falling asleep against Matt's chest. She kept nodding off and missed a great deal of the movie. Living a day of the good life took a lot out of her.

Matthew finished his burger which was delecious and then downed his soaa. " Yeah that his so true.". Watching the movie he looked downa few times to catch Josie dozing off to sleep on his chest. He stroked her cheek softly and her hair . He smiled and then looked back at the tv and the movie was over.

He picked her up and carried her into the room laying her on the bed. Pulling off his shirt and clothes so that he was just in his boxers he layed on the bed. " Hey...do you think..i dont know later on we'd..".

Josie felt like she was moving and woke to find herself already in bed.

"No...," she mumbled, "I missed the movie?" She stretched slightly, not too much, and pulled herself up a bit to find Matt already dressed for bed. "Ah, I hope I wasn't snoring," she giggled. "I'm sorry I fell asleep on you."

"Hey...do you think..i dont know later on we'd.."

Josie flipped onto her belly and looked Matt with a silly smirk, "Come on, spill it. What's on your mind?"

Matthew nodded when she asked if she missed the movie and he he poked her cheek. When she wondered if she was snoring he smiled. " Yeah loud..im joking you dont snore".

He triend to avoid the question and he looked away. Um..i dont know i...its just i saw those people outside the shoe store happy and with a family..i just wondered if that would be us...its stupid'. He ran his hands through his hair and sigh.

Josie blinked several times to make sure she wasn't still asleep. "No, it's not stupid."

She pulled herself up to sit on her knees and sweetly took Matt's hand in hers, cushioning it her lap with her other hand. Her eyes followed their hands and she studied how comfortable they were within each other, how they were both calloused and rough and scarred from the same trials.

When she found her words, she looked up, "I know that...one day, we'll get that chance to have a family of our own... and be happy, and live in a big city like this..." She then thought about what all of that meant. Still waking up, it seems, she just caught what was being said. "Are you like...wondering about marring me - someday?" The thought was such a stunning one, she actually shocked herself at the idea.

Matt looked at her when she took her hand and rested on her lap with the other. When she said it wasn't stupid all he did was look at her and fight the urge to look away out of habit. He gave a half smile at the look of her face and then he sat up. When Josie talked about them having a chance to have a family of their own he thoguht about it.

Her question shock him and he didn't know how to reply to it at the moment. " Someday yes..i do want to marry you..its no rush were still geeting to know eachother but it was jsut a thoguht...but i do". He kissed her cheek and then leaned back thinking about the thought of them starting a family. It was a nice thought.

"Um, well we better get to know each other very well..." she leaned in to soften her voice to a sweet whisper, "because I wouldn't want anything to jeopardy that idea."

His kiss was buttery and easily to slip into. Josie watched Matt settle back on the pillow pondering. She slipped away, taking a few things to the bathroom to freshen up and change for bed. She dressed into one of her new teddies, something not too risky, but comfortable and light. She turned off the lights on her way to bed, watching how the city lights outside the large windows gave enough ambiance for her to see everything well.

She settled in bed and placed herself on Matt's side. This was their last - relaxing - night together. Tomorrow and for the next five or so days they will be in training. And after that...back in the Pits.

No, she was not going to think about that....not now. Her fingers lightly walked across Matt's bare chest. She thought about what he said, again thoughts of the Pits returned.

A smile spread acroos his face when Josie wispered in his ear and leaned in to get another kiss before she slipped into the bathroom. When she came back and turned off the lights he felt Josie next to him and he poked her nose looking at her, happy that they were together. He knew tommarow would be diffrent.

To be hosent Matt wanted to breeze throught the tranning that way he'd be ready to head to the pit and save his brother then come back and enjoy the life they were living.. just the three of them. Matt felt josie's fingers along his chest and he chuckled slightly before laying on his side and leaning on kissing her shoulder, neck and cheek. " Do you know how kissable you are?".

"I'm starting to figure that out," she said while her fingers continued to casually caress Matt's chest. "You're rather kissable yourself."

She closed her eyes and savored their closeness, wishing tomorrow would never come, or Ace decides to send his own, more qualified, team out to just take care of the situation they've presented him. But, she knew that would not happen. Maybe, with a little persuasion she can talk her friend into that, but Josie didn't like the idea of just letting anyone go rescue Danny. It just didn't seem right.

Matt's kisses were contagious and extremely toxic. Soon, before Josie could contain herself, she felt that certain rush again and her hands stretched beyond the boundaries of his chest, exploring other locations of interest. "You....don't you know...what you do to me?"she breathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.