It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
((I'll hold Matt, unless someone comes along to take him off my hands. Oh, and the whole Josie/Jena thing - hey, Charrie Confusion Syndrome is a disease that inflicts one out of eight RPers a year. It's not a joke!! :P ))

Josie was dreaming about being at the Yellows, relaxing in her own home, watching TV, the kids, and Matt BBQing on the patio. It was a lovely dream - very realistic... Especially when Matt handed her a big, juicy hamburger with all the fixings oozing from between two big buns...

She woke up with a start and jumped up quickly. Like a track star she sprinted outside the cave entrance, around the bin and dove into a grove of trees near the river before hurling.... Trying her best to stay as quiet as possible, she just let it all go. Now that whole dream with all those kids running around took a bitter, sharp turn. This was worse than the time she ate some bad tangerines. That had her down with stomach cramps and unable to hold down any food for almost a month.

Matt gave her some time, watching from a far to make sure nothing out of the ordinary happened to her. When she finally crawled to the river to wash up, he slipped behind her loudly enough to not startle her, easing his hands around her waist to help her to her feet. Then, he held her gently in his arms, feeling her weight against him. Already she was exhausted; the whole morning sickness thing was going to be a bigger bitch than they'd thought, it seemed.

"You're going back to rest." He mumbled as he slowly lifted her off her feet. "Me and the guys will get things planned out and prepare to leave, K." He truly feared this, but knew there was nothing else he could do but to keep her comfortable and safe.

Josie didn't say anything, just closed her eyes. Matt laid her back down on the mat and covered her up before starting to repack most of their things. He collected some water from the river to douse the campfire and woke up the others.

"We better get moving before animals decide to venture out from hiding since the fire's not a threat anymore. When we reach the edge of the forest, we can decide where to go from there."

Montgomery nods and sits up and packs up the things he brought with him and the picture of his sisters doing it pretty quickly due to not taking hardly anything out except for what he needed the night before, uncase they had to leave suddenly which had happened to him when he was a regularly requested volunteer spy at his school along with his former partner and also best friend from school Yevett. He thinks about her wondering how she's been doing all that time sense they graduated due to that being the last time he saw her, as well as continuing to think about his sisters while walks to the cave enterance to look outside and wait for the others.

Matt moved his bike out of the cave and finished packing the last of the sleep rolls. He's already helped Josie settle in the motorcycle's side can and packed her in well. He grabbed the bag of revisions and handed her a bottle of warm water, which she refused at first. But, decided to take it anyway to sip on when she needed it. She felt like such a waste, but tried her best not to show in for Matt's sake.

He called out to Hunter and Monty, showing them the bag of snacks and drinks to see if they wanted anything. "We have to watch out rations," he reminded. "After what happened at the last outpost, Dogs will probably be keeping their eyes on the other ones...hoping we head there." He gave Hunter a questioning look, "Say, you know this area better than we do. Do you know about the two Pit Territories in this area, if they've been enslaving children?" He opened up a cereal bar to eat while he waited for Hunter to speak.

Montgomery watched his ration carefully as he ate some and had a bottle of water, then put the rest of his ration in his bag for later times. He knows that Matt is right about that and about the outposts as well because those things were just a few of what he and his school spy partner and friend Yevett had to do most of the time while doing spy work for their boarding school.

((Tag Hunts, if you're still in this. :D))

(By tagging do you just mean you write in the person's visitor messages about posting? Just wondering because I haven't heard of tagging on here so I don't know how, but if that's how then I can help.)

((A tag is just like with the game Tag... if you tap that person, they're IT!. At this point, a question was prompted for Hunter, so Hunts is IT for the next post.

It's a quick way to alert to someone that it's their time to post, and to bump the thread up if it's close to death. I'm trying to keep this from the RP graveyard. I know we're all busy, so a few bumps or Tags won't hurt to keep this out of the abyss until we're able to post. ))

(so sorry. I was busy with school so I didn't get to tag hunter yet. but I'm done with school for now until the fall semester of next year. so I'll tag him today^^)

((I've closed this thread of the RP and has reestablished a new thread in order to restart this. We've lost two major members of this group, and it will be way too hard to hold them on my own and GM right now. My time has shrunk as of late. So, in order to bring more into the story - characters as well as content - I'm starting it over again.

The sign up thread for the new RP is posted on the OCC for this thread... If you're still interested in this story, post in a charrie that fits to the setting, and let's roll!))

Status
Not open for further replies.