Isle of Monsters

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian flinched as Aria touched him; her skin felt unusually hot but not painfully so. Then again, he was anticipating torture so maybe it just didn't feel so bad by comparison. He was torn between pushing her away for her safety, or holding on as he wanted to do, so he just let her stay where she was. Charles's eyes glinted.

"So Elyse was right. Good, that will make this simple. Sebastian, you made a promise to keep the girl secure. You broke that promise and you interfered with Elyse. Granted, your circumstances were understandable, which is why I will allow you to feed and heal yourself at this time tomorrow night." He raised his voice, spoke in the tone of command that all of the Kane clan had to obey by their blood bond. "Come here."

Sebastian slipped out of Aria's grasp, approaching Charles silently. He couldn't have stopped himself if he'd tried to; the ancient vampire's will compelled him forward, even though he knew what was coming would be painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebastian wanted to cause Sebastian to get away from Charles, but she couldn't do so. " Secure?! I was secure," She frowned as she just watched this, she didn't know if she could watch this. Closing her eyes she knew that they would be able to not get her powers if she secured them right. She really had to make sure that they wouldn't do anything. She wanted to keep him safe. She didn't know if she could watch. She gulped nervously. Wait she was outside.. maybe she can fly out of here, but wait she would have to get into her true form but she didn't know how to do that.

Reaching Charles, Sebastian removed his shirt, put the shackles on his own wrists. Charles liked making people help punish themselves; it reminded everyone that he controlled their lives. Charles pulled the chain taut and fastened it, forcing Sebastian up onto the balls of his feet, arms pulled over his head. He breathed deeply, shutting his eyes.

Charles drew a whip from his belt and gave it a test flick. The bits of rock and seashell braided into its cords jingled at the movement. Drawing back, he judged the distance, and struck. The first blow raked Sebastian's back, drawing blood and a grunt of pain. The second wrapped around his ribs, knocking the wind out of Sebastian. Charles worked methodically, until Sebastian's back was crisscrossed with wounds. He never screamed or even made a noise louder than a groan, but by twenty lashes, he'd slumped against the post, unable to stand up.

Finally Charles stopped, and turned back to Aria.

"We can't hurt you because we don't want to start a war with your parents. However, we can hurt him," he pointed to Sebastian with the handle of the whip, "as much as we like. Every time you disobey us or try to run away, we will punish him. Do you understand?"

Aria hated this. She felt queasy. No she had to do something. She held onto a nearby tree, closing her eyes. She tensed and jumped each time he had gotten slashed. She was far too worried. She hated watching scenes like this. She had to find a way for Sebastian to get away. She really felt guilty, it was her fault. She covered her face as a few tears fell. " Me disobey you? What the hell? I am not under your power.. I am only under the power of the angels. And don't you think that.. let's see." She looked at Elyse." did Elyse tell you what I did to those necklaces? I took their powers before you guys could get to them. But you know what, I don't get what disobeying you are talking about."

Charles shook his head a little, exasperated. "Don't try to run away or use your powers on us, or else." He gave Sebastian one final blow to punctuate the sentence, making him flinch and stiffen. He released the chains, and Sebastian's arms dropped down, letting him brace himself against the whipping post and catch his breath. Charles undid his shackles, and stiffly, Sebastian collected his shirt, and bowed to his Father. Charles inclined his head in acknowledgment.

Sebastian rejoined Aria, moving very carefully so he wouldn't do anything to make the pain worse. He wasn't bleeding as much as a human would have in that situation, but his back still felt like it was on fire.

Aria jumped again as she saw that he got hit. She closed her eyes and she covered her face with her hands. She didn't know what to say. So now she was stuck here. " As long as you let me go back." Well wait, she would be having change of plans after that. She wanted to change and become human. She really was worried if she would turn human, but maybe.. if she turns human then she can be turned into a vampire too.

Sebastian looked down at her in confusion. "Go back where?" He asked, his voice slightly hoarse. The other vampires began to disperse, the demonstration over. Charles watched the two as he left, unblinking, while Elyse seemed satisfied just having watched the whipping.

Aria looked up at him, she needed to patch him up. She gulped nervously as she thought about this. " At least to find my true parents but obviously that won't happen." She then thought about how she can maybe turn herself 100 percent human. She had to. She thought that would be a way to save Sebastian. " Allow me to clean you up?"

Sebastian nodded wearily, and started back inside.

"You'll get back to them, they're too powerful for us to hold off for very long," he said as they entered the castle again. "My Father knows that. Whatever he wants from your parents, he'll try to get it soon. Especially now that he knows you have your powers. He wants to scare you now."

Aria nodded softly. " Well I have another idea.." She said honestly. She looked over at him and tried to help him to go to where she knew so she could clean him up.

Sebastian let Aria guide him, focusing on keeping his balance. He moved slowly and carefully, but his wounds still throbbed.

"Another idea?" He asked, glancing down at her in confusion.

Aria looked over at him. " I am thinking of turning human one hundred percent and making sure they can't touch my magic. " She said quietly to him. She moved to the bedroom letting him lay down and she moved to go fix him up.

Sebastian lifted his head, staring at Aria in confusion. "Turn human? Why would you want that? Humans are weak." It was a lesson he'd had hammered into his head by the Kanes when he arrived. True or not, he repeated it automatically.

Aria sighed," So they don't keep me here and I can leave... and won't need me anymore "

"No, no, you're still related to the King and Queen, you'll just be putting yourself in more danger," Sebastian said, shaking his head. "Right now they can't hurt you, you're much safer learning how to control your powers. You might even be able to escape."

" I don't see the point. All it gets is you hurt" sighing as she looked down not sure. She bit her lower lip thinking.

That made Sebastian pause. Wait, she was worried about him, not herself? That didn't make sense.

"Well..." he trailed off awkwardly. "Honestly, I don't think making yourself human will change my situation. As long as you're here, whatever you are, I'll have to take care of you. The best thing we can probably do at this point is avoid Elyse."

Aria sighed not knowing what to do. She didnt care. Honestly she shrugged thinking. She ran a hand through her hair before helping clean his wounds. " They want my power that's all"

Sebastian let out a slow hiss as Aria cleaned his wounds. And partly out of irritation.

"No, Aria, your power was an unexpected bonus. What they want is to make the angels give them something in exchange for you. As long as you're a princess, they'll keep you prisoner."

Aria didn't like being an angel. Of course she was being careful but honestly she was worried. She looked at him. " you really think so?"

Status
Not open for further replies.