Invasion: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before he could stop it, Clarence felt a tear roll down his cheek. Though it pained him, he immediately raised a hand up to wipe it away. He looked at Emory for a moment, then pulled him into a hug, yelping from the pain but not caring.

Emory hugged Clarence gently, rubbing his back. "It's okay." He said softly. "It's all going to be okay."

Clarence tried to hold it back, but he couldn't. He began to let out quiet sobs, his body shaking as he did. He buried his face into Emory's shoulder. "...Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked, his voice shaking.

Emory held him close. He hesitated in answering, biting his lip. "I know what it's like to have no one care." He muttered quietly. "And I don't want you to feel that way." He paused a moment, kissing the top of Clarence's ear. "Plus, I think I like you." He said gently.

Clarence's eyes widened when Emory said he thought he liked him. "...I like you, too." He said quietly into his shoulder. His cheeks turned a brighter pink and his tears slowly stopped. After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up again. "...I'm sorry I cry so much..." He said softly.

Emory held Clarence close, just barely blushing when Clarence admitted his own feelings. He rested his head against Clarence's, quiet... Until Clarence spoke again. "Don't be sorry." He said gently. "Tears show you still have feelings and your still a human despite these terrible times." He said gently.

Clarence gave a small smile. He was warming up to Emory fairly quickly. He just hoped one of his delusional episodes didn't ruin everything for him. He frowned at the thought and shifted his gaze to Emory's face. He thought it best to tell him about it. "...Emory...I need to tell you something." He said quietly. But first, he softly pressed his lips to Emory's, wanting to experience the warm feeling again.

Emory tilted his head a little, curious to what he would say, but was instead surprised by a kiss. He kissed Clarence back gently, his other hand gently rubbing Clarence's back.

After a few moments, he pulled away and looked down. If they were going to be around each other now, he had to tell him. "...I have STPD..." He said quietly. "....Schizotypal Personality Disorder..." He took a quick glance up at Emory's face and his body tensed, expecting Emory to push him away.

Emory paised thoughtfully. There was no sign of anger or disgust, just curiosity. "Hmm... May I ask how bad?" He asked softly. He didn't seem bothered at all, just curious.

"Well...I-I managed to find some medication for it a few days back...so it's not as bad as it could be. But..." His voice trailed off. He knew there was something else wrong with him, something that caused him to black out for awhile. And he feared it. Whenever he had awoken from these blackouts, somebody was hurt, or even killed. He didn't know what it was. It wasn't as bad before the apocalypse, but lately, it's been getting much worse. "But there's something else...I-I don't know what it is...but you could get hurt..." He said quietly, leaning his forehead against Emory's chest.

Emory gently rubbed Clarence's back. "I've got plenty of medical supplies, years of self defense lessons and a lot of practice with crazy people..." He said softly. "If anything happens, I will do my best to make the most of it, Kay?"

Clarence nodded, but it didn't change his mind. He was afraid of when he might blackout. There was never a pattern to it. It could happen at any given moment. He sighed and shivered at the feeling of Emory's hand on his back. It comforted him greatly, and his touch felt nice, but he was still worried. He always was.

Emory hugged Clarence gently, still lightly rubbing his back. "I'm not gonna go anywhere." He said quietly.

Clarence gently nuzzled his face into Emory's neck. He felt like he had known him for so long... "...Uhm...w-when do you think my wounds will heal? I mean...not all the way...just enough so I can...not feel like every move I make will break me?" He asked softly with a small chuckle. He wanted to be able to hug Emory tightly without hurting himself...and not have to only kiss him softly. But he knew he'd have to wait awhile. He just needed to know how long.

Emory sighed thoughtfully. "Probably a few weeks at the most. At the least... A week." Emory said quietly. "Because your rib bone. Most everything else should be fine in a few days." He said softly, gently rubbing Clarence's back with one hand, the other still holding the male close.

Clarence nodded slightly. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The feeling of Emory's hand slowly and gently sliding up and down his back was so soothing and comforting. He didn't want it to end, but knew it would eventually. "...What should we do today?" Clarence asked softly. "...We could make a supply run..." He didn't quite realize the fact that he wasn't going to be able to do much of anything for awhile.

Emory shook his head. "Today I think we just need to rest." He said softly. "We've got enough food for a solid week" he said softly.

"Oh...uhm...okay..." Clarence said. He gently laid himself back down on the bed, reluctantly removing his arms from around Emory. He slightly peeked one eye open to look at him. "...You don't have to stay here with me, you know...You can do whatever you want...I don't want you to have to be bored because I'm injured." He said.

Emory smiled softly at Clarence. "How can I be bored of I've got you?" He asked curiously. He sat beside Clarence, gently running a hand through his hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.