Invasion: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bit his lip and looked away as he tried to hold in a whimper, but it came out anyway. He could feel the rib moving back into place as Emory wrapped the bandaging around him, and it was all he could do not to cry out.

Emory tied the bandage off. "Okay, that's all good. Take a few sips of water." He told Clarence softly.

He released a shaky breath, then carefully slid his hands away from Emory's shoulders. He grabbed the water and tried twisting the cap off. It didn't budge. He twisted harder. Still nothing. "I-I'm sorry...I..can't..." He said shamefully as he held the water up. "Could you...?" He asked quietly.

Emory smiled faintly. He took the cap and gripped it, twisting it until it popped loose. "Sorry... I forget how hard it is to be injured." He said gently as he handed the water back. "I'm gonna set some perimeter stuff so no one sneaks up on us, okay?" He offered.

He grabbed the water gently and took a sip, closing his eyes as he savored the feeling of the water running down his throat. He opened them again and looked at Emory, a look of worry in his eyes. "P-Please be careful..." He said.

Emory nodded. "I will." He said quietly. Grabbing a few loose boards around the walls, he boarded up a window and set them around the door so no one could get within 100 feet of the door without him knowing. He turned back to the door and slipped inside again. He knelt by Clarence. "Let's get you up on the bed... Okay?" He said quietly.

He nodded. Though he didn't want to experience more pain, which he knew he would, he knew it would be better if he laid down. "Okay..." He said.

Emory knelt down. He very carefully wrapped his arms around Clarence's waist and lifted gently. "Hang on..." He said softly.

He gasped and immediately wrapped his arms around Emory's shoulders, burying his face into the left one. He whimpered in pain and bit his lip. His legs felt weak, along with the rest of his body. Now all he really wanted was to lay down.

Emory carefully moved one arm and hooked his arm under Clarence's knees. He picked him up and set him on the bed. "It's okay, it's okay now." He whispered softly, not letting him go yet.

He breathed heavily into Emory's shoulder, not letting go either, nor wanting to. This was the closest he had ever been to someone else without them hitting him. He liked it. He closed his eyes as his breathing softened, calming down as Emory whispered to him and turning his face into the other male's neck.

Emory stood there a moment before just laying down beside the other male, gently holding him close. "You're safe now." he said quietly. "No one can hurt you."

Clarence began to get a feeling...he wasn't sure what it was. But he liked it. His heartbeat quickened a bit, but in a good way. He kept his arms around Emory as he began to drift off into sleep, enjoying the warmth of the other male's arms around him. "...Thank you...Emory..." He said softly before falling into a quiet slumber.

Emory was a little surprised, but nodded slightly. He closed his own eyes, drifting into a very light sleep several minutes later. He held Clarence close, aware of his heartbeat, which seemed a little fast, and the sudden need to hold the other male close and not let go, but he still rested.

He never slept for very long, so a just a few hours later, his eyes slowly opened. He felt Emory's arms around him, then realized that he was being held. A small smile worked its way onto his face, along with a light blush. He took a deep breath and released it, a pinch of happiness entering his heart.

Emory sleeping peacefully. His head was tilted back a little, his lips just barely parted as he breathed. He was still and quiet, his hair a mess and his shirt and jacket twisted around a little. He didn't stir when Clarence awoke, not yet.

He giggled quietly as he looked up at Emory's face. He was pretty sure he liked him. A lot. He stayed still and rested his head on the male's chest until he woke up, not wanting to disturb him.

Emory woke up almost an hour later. He yawned, reaching up and rubbing his eye. He returned the hand to Clarence's back, gently rubbing his back. A faint smile played across Emory's lips as he saw Clarence was awake. "Well hello." He said quietly. "Did you sleep well?"

He looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah...better than I have in a while..." He said. He was pretty sure that Emory's grasp on him was what made him sleep so well, but he didn't exactly wanna say that out loud. He smiled at the feeling of the hand rubbing his back. It felt good. He finally felt like somebody cared about him. He returned his face into Emory's neck. "What about you?" He asked softly.

Emory smiled. "I slept very well." He said softly. He didn't mention that he hadn't slept for that long in forever, nor did he mention that by being around the other male, he was able to relax more.
"Are you hungry? Maybe thirsty?" He asked softly, still gently rubbing his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.