Invasion: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah..." He said. He felt frustrated, but soon frustration turned into annoyance, and annoyance turned into anger. After a few minutes, his eyebrow twitched, and he didn't look so shy anymore. "No, you know what? It's not okay. I shouldn't have to act like I'm made of glass!" He nearly shouted. His pupils had dilated slightly and the pain in his body slowly faded until he couldn't feel it anymore. He suddenly pulled away from Emory and stood up from the bed, looking at him. "We should go after those assholes! Kill them! They deserve it!" He shouted.

Emory was very surprised by this, shocked at first before he slowly started to react. He stood, carefully grabbing his hand. "Clarence... You are going to get yourself hurt worse." He said calmly. "In a few days your ribs will be a little better if you rest them. If you don't, you'll be stuck like that longer. Come back and lay down. Please?" His grip on Clarence's hand was firm, and though his tone was gentle, his expression showed authority and caution.

Clarence tried to pull his hand away, giving Emory a warning look. "Yeah? And how do I know that you're not just here to trick me, huh? What if you're one of them!? Maybe you're here to kill me! Get the hell away from me!" He shouted, tearing his hand away from Emory's and stumbling a few steps back. His mind was lost now. He needed his medicine, but he couldn't think about it when he was delusional. He quickly glanced around, looking for his knife. "God damn it! They took my knife!" He shouted to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emory bit back a comment. "If I were hear to kill you, I wouldn't help you." He countered, following Clarence every step, but staying a little back for now. "I don't kill inoccent people." He added. "You need to take a deep breath and think." He was trying to piece together what was going on. He remembered the other mentioning something earlier... That's probably what this was, but was there any way to fix it?

Clarence looked at him and scoffed, his upper lip curling. "Think. You know what I think? I think that's exactly what one of them would say." He snarled. His facial expression was angry, his eyes filled with mistrust and doubt. He didn't look like the innocent and shy boy he was just a moment ago. He looked dangerous. He took a step forward, keeping his eyes focused on Emory's. "I'll tell you what, pal. I'm not going down without a fight." He said, clenching his jaw.

Emory sighed. "Clarence, I'm not going to take you anywhere, and I'm not going to hurt you." He said quietly, sitting down on the bed.

For a second, Clarence didn't know how to respond, causing his body to twitch. He then straightened his posture and looked at Emory as if he were inferior to him. "Then I suppose you wouldn't mind me leaving." He said as he turned and began walking towards the door. A small part of him screamed from the inside, trying to take control over his body and rush himself over to the small dresser where he kept his medicine. But he just kept walking.

"Clarence, if you leave that door and snap out of this, I won't be there to catch you when your broken rib hurts like hell. If you leave, I won't protect you when they come back. And if you walk out that door..." He paused, "You'll be alone again." He said calmly, not moving from the bed.

He slowed his steps, stopping just a few feet from the doorway. He stood silently for a few minutes, but inside, he was screaming, his mind racing for control of his body again. He suddenly inhaled sharply, leaning his hand against the wall for support as he felt the pain return to his body. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying his best not to begin sobbing from the stabbing pain in his rib. "...Medicine...the dresser..." He whispered, weakly raising his other hand to point at it. He still felt the anger, but it was slowly fading as he regained his composure once more.

Emory jumped up. "Thank God.." He muttered as he went to the dresser, quickly looking. He looked around a moment before finding it. "Got it!" He said quickly, walking over. "Here." He said softly, relaxing. He was glad Clarence had snapped out of it.

He weakly grabbed it from him, twisting the cap off and shaking two pills out onto his hand. He immediately tossed them into his mouth, swallowing them without any liquid to wash them down. Once he did, he twisted the cap back on, trying his hardest to ignore his pain, and dropped the bottle, pulling Emory into a hug. It hurt so badly, but he didn't care. He just wanted to wrap his arms around him. "..I-I'm sorry..." He said, though it could have been worse. He could have gotten violent, and he silently thanked the universe that he didn't.

Emory smiled faintly, gently hugging Clarence back. "I'm just glad you didn't walk out the door." He said quietly. "I was really worried you'd leave.."

His body trembled, and he buried his face into Emory's shoulder. "Yeah...me, too.." He said quietly, a small chuckle escaping his lips. He made a mental note to keep his pills within a closer range, that way he could stop himself next time.

Emory held him close. "Wanna lay back down?" He asked softly, resting his head on Clarence's.

He slightly nodded into his shoulder. "Please..." He said, tightening his arms a bit around Emory. He released a deep breath, glad that he had met Emory. He didn't know what he would have done if he weren't there. He thought about it for a moment, realizing that he would most likely be dead.

Emory very gently picked Clarence up. He carried him to the bed, laying back, Clarence on top of him. He hugged him gently. "Let's rest.."

Clarence grunted a bit in pain, but soon relaxed his body, melting into Emory's. He was warm. He moved himself up a bit, nuzzling Emory's neck and slowly sliding his arms around him.

Emory smiled softly, gently rubbing Clarence's back. He kissed the top of the other's head, relaxed.

Clarence lightly kissed Emory's neck, wishing that he could do more, but still glad that he could do something. He slid his left hand up to Emory's chest, resting his arm there as he felt himself drifting into sleep.

Emory smiled softly, gently rubbing Clarence's back. He closed his eyes, but didn't go to sleep. He wasn't tired because of last night's wonderful sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.