Insane love

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man was glad that Maydon liked it and that it seemed to calm him down a bit. He drank some of his coffee. "I'm Logan, by the way", he said, realizing that they hadn't told each other their names. Not like it was that necessary when they probably wouldn't see each other again, but since they were talking it was good to know the other ones name, he thought. "So, if you don't mind telling me, how come she hadn't taken her meds? I'd like to know some background history you know, that way it'll be easier to treat her. I don't know if we'll make sure her wrist is OK and then send her to the psych ward. It all depends on, well, what's going on. Maybe you were heading somewhere? Don't have time for psych wards right now?" He said jokingly, although there was also some seriousness in his eyes looking at Maydon.

Maydon smiled,
"Name's Maydon."
Maydon thought for a minute.
"Well, we'd been on the road awhile,
and her meds were in the back.
I guess we both just forgot."
Psych Ward.
Maydon grew tense.
"Psych WarD?"
If she was in one of those,
he wouldn't get to see her.
that couldn't happen.
He wouldn't let it.
"No. She won't be in any of those,"
He growled.

(I hope it's OK that I fastforwarded some? If you like you can fastforward till he's meeting Avis ~)

Logan nodded thoughtful as Maydon said that she wouldn't be in any of those. "Then I guess you're going somewhere, right? If we let her out with you we want to be sure that she'll be OK", he said.
About an hour later he picked up his pager since someone paged him. He looked at Maydon and then he drank some more of his coffee. "I think it's OK for you to meet her soon, in a while. At least, she's stable", he said after talking to someone on the phone for a little while. "They also said that... well, she's giving them very... mixed signals. They thought that maybe you knew her better and that she would calm down once you got there", he said.

(It's tottally okay! :D I don't mind at all!)

Maydon nodded.
Then he left the table thanking Logan.
~
He walked into the room where Avis was staying.
He hoped for her to be okay,
and he hoped they hadn't done anything to her.
He hoped she still loved him.
He knew he loved her.
"Avis?"
He walked in.

Avis glanced at Maydon and sobbed quietly. "Maydon", she sobbed and hugged the pillow in the bed. "I hate this place", she sobbed. She was wearing the hospital clothes and her wrist had a bandage on it. "Please Maydon, I don't want to be here", she said and whipped her tears. There came a nurse and sat down and looked at Maydon. "You're Avi's boyfriend, right? She keeps saying she hates this place, although sometimes she's talking like you're some lunatic trying to kill her... We've given her some meds to calm her down, but please just keep in mind that she may not be herself", the nurse said.

Maydon couldn't help the fact his heart dropped.
Seeing Avis in the bed,
In hospital clothes, just broke his heart.
Could he have caused this?
He began to question himself,
and his actions.
Could all he have do, actually push her to the brink of death?
He turned to the nurse,
"I would never try to kill her.
I love her more than the world itself."
He quickly made his way over to the hospital bed.
"Avis, I'm so sorry."
He hugged.
"I'm so sorry,
I'm so sorry.
I'll get you out as soon as possible.
I'm sorry."

Avis nodded and hugged him back. "Don't be, it's not your fault", she whispered. The nurse looked at them for a moment. "Just tell me if you need any help", she said and left the two of them alone. Avis looked at Maydon and let go of him. "That nurse keeps saying that everything I say is nonsense, she won't listen to anything I say", she sobbed quietly.

It shocked Maydon how even though he might've begun
to believe it was all his fault,
that Avis was still the girl he first fell in love with.
And with that simple phrase she uttered,
his eyes filled with tears.
"I'm still, so so sorry.
I should've done something different."
He wrapped her up in his arms as much as possible.
He wanted her as close to him as he could get.
"Nonsense?"
Maydon didn't know what Avis had been telling them.
"Avis, what did they say, that you said, was nonsense?"

Avis tried to collect herself enough to tell Maydon about what she had said to them. "I told them that this was a dangerous place", she whispered, as if she was scared that anyone else would hear them. "You don't need to worry, everything will be fine, they said, they always do, but they lie, all the time", she continued, getting a bit upset. "They talk to me like I'm a child, like I'm crazy or something", she said sobbing. "You cannot listen to what they say, don't believe in their lies", she said between her sobbing.

Maydon knew Avis must be scared of the hospital.
He also knew that they could help her some.
The Asylum part would never happen, though.
He heard her whisper.
He knew the nurses try to treat their patients with kind,
and compassionate attitudes.
Maydon was smarter than them though.
He knew a bunch of the words that came from their mouths were lies.
He knew they just tried to be optimistic, even if they weren't honest.
It reassured him that Avis believed they lied as well.
"I won't Avis,"
He promised.
Then he got an idea.
A wonderful, risky idea.
"Avis,"
He whispered, low in her ear.
"How about we try breaking you out of here?"

Avis eyes got wider as she understood what Maydon was actually suggesting. Breaking out of there. It sounded like a wonderful idea, although it was scary. She felt a sudden stomach ache and bit her lip and curled up a bit, wrapping her legs up with her arms. She remembered how mean they had been when she had tried to get away from there, from where she had been in the psych ward, and she started crying. She covered her ears and turned with her back towards Maydon, she didn't want him to see her like this. She didn't want to think of those times when she had tried to get away, but there was nothing she could do not to re-experience it. It was too close for her to shut out. "Don't touch me! Leave me alone!" she cried in a high voice and curled up even more as if she was being attacked.

"Avis! Avis! Are you okay?"
Maydon saw her body curl up.
Her entire body was shaking.
Maydon began to Panic.
"Avis! What do I do?"
He asked himself.
"what should I do?"
He held her hand.
He didn't want to call the nurse,
he didn't know how Avis would react.
"Avis! What's wrong!"
He asked her.
His heart was beating a mile a minute.
He didn't know if she was okay or not.

Avis cried and felt her heart pounding fast, she felt as if she was going to die. She could feel their hands touching her, their voices, and there was no way out of it. She thought she heard Maydon as well, somewhere behind everything else that was going on in her mind, but she couldn't get there. She was trapped, hands and voices all over her, and she felt as if she was going to suffocate. She could still her them, no matter how much she covered her ears, those voices was still there, talking as if they were robots. And their hands, up and down her body so that she couldn't move. "Stop it, stop it!" she cried and hit her head with her hands in panic.

Maydon knew she couldn't hear him.
Her body was panicking,
she was panicking.
He did the one Thing he could do.
He ran to get a nurse.
"Nurse! Nurse! She needs your help! Please!"
Avis might be upset with him,
but he felt as this was all he could do.
He hadn't been to Medical School,
he didn't know what to do.
"Please! Help her!"

The nurse that had talked with Maydon before came to him. "It's OK, she'll be fine", she said and got a couple of other nurses with her. One of them brought a syringe and some other things with her. Soon they were all in the room where Avis was. The nurses kept her from hitting herself and the one that had talked to Maydon gave her the syringe. "It'll calm her down", she explained and glanced at Maydon. Then she and the others began to strap her to the bed. Avis screamed without words in panic, even more when she was being strapped to the bed. "Don't worry, she'll calm down soon", the nurse said and looked at Maydon.

Maydon watched the nurses.
He saw them strap her to the bed.
He saw them give her the medicine.
All the while, She was screaming.
He wondered if the nurses were actually helping.
He turned to the nurse who spoke to him,
"Are you sure? Is that hurting her?"

The nurse looked at Maydon with calm eyes, she knew what she was doing. "Yes, she'll calm down. She's panicking, so I don't think she is with us right now, we're just bringing her down to earth", she said and glanced at the other nurses tightening the straps. "That's hurting her less than when she was hurting herself, at least. We only do that when it's absolutely necessary", she said and looked at Maydon. Avis wasn't screaming as much and now it was more of a sobbing and moaning. The other nurses soon left, leaving Maydon, Avis and the nurse alone in the room. "She'll fall asleep in a while, but don't worry. When she wakes up she'll be her usual self again", the nurse said. "I'll leave you two alone, just come out if you have any questions", she said and left the room. Avis sobbed, she didn't have any strength left to fight. Her face was wet of tears and she murmured something to herself.

Maydon nodded while the nurse was talking.
He understood.
He wondered, since she wasn't 'with us right now',
where she was?
Was it painful?
Obviously it was, he scolded himself.
Once the nurse left he quickly shut the door and ran to Avis's side.
She was sobbing, and now bound to the bed.
He touched her cheek,
"Avis, can you hear me?"
He felt incredibly bad about the situation she was in,
but he could do nothing else to help.
"Avis, I'm so sorry."

((If you like you could fast forward till Avis wakes up, or you could write about whatever Maydon is doing when Avis is asleep, and then I could continue with her waking up. Whatever you feel like ~))

Avis made an effort now and then to curl up, but if course it wouldn't work. Soon she lay still, only her hands moving now and then, trying to get away. She could hear her heart pounding, a proof of that she was still alive, breathing. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, she couldn't think clearly. All that she felt was her heartbeats, in and exhaling in a calm phase. She needed space, she wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She was too weak to do anything, and soon she drifted off to sleep.

((I try my best just to go with the flow, If you want me to do something, go right ahead and ask. Plot Twists are cool too, they make it fun!!)

Maydon sat next to her and fell asleep holding her hand.
~~~
He had been up for about three hours now.
He had gotten breakfast,
read half of the first Harry Potter book,
and fretted over Avis the entire time.
He felt her move,
and saw her waking up.
"Avis? Avis?"

Status
Not open for further replies.