Indelible {Kronas17 x CalamitousNag}

"How handy," Sirris smirked at the sound of metal hitting the floor.

After Uriah had rearranged the bodies and put them in the cell, Sirris looked about for the cage's key. Finding it still jammed in the cell's lock, he grit his teeth and turned it quickly to lock the humans inside. Not entirely sure what to do with it, he kept the key with him. Luckily it wasn't made of silver like everything else the humans had manufactured.

Stealth would be crucial for the next few moments. Although he was lame in one leg, he tried his best to keep the noise of his hobbling to a minimum. Uriah gained on him in distance quickly (his long legs didn't help) but it worked to their advantage. Sirris could keep on the lookout for approaching threats while Uriah headed through the village in search of the chief's home.

He must have found it. Sirris slowed when Uriah addressed him. He nodded his head solemn resignation and crept into the shadows cast by the chieftain's home. He knew he was in no condition to help out the vampire but he didn't particularly like him going alone. There was no telling what the humans had planned for them. They could be waiting to sabotage them for all they knew.

With Uriah occupied, Sirris turned his focus to reading his surroundings. The moon was a sliver, providing little in the way of illumination. This was good--beasts like the vampire and himself didn't need the light, but the humans would. That means that they'd approach with lanterns, making them easier to pick out.

What sounded like a snapping twig to his left some distance away made the lycan freeze. He slowly turned towards the sound only to jump out of his skin when the vampire grabbed him by the arm.

"Careful!" Sirris hissed. "Something's over there," the lycan hobbled along, his head still facing east where he'd heard the noise. If it was what he thought it was, they were in deep shit.

Sirris hurriedly accepted the items Uriah handed him. He fastened the ax at his belt but he paused to rifle, panicked, through the bag. He tried to blot out the growing anxiety when he realized he didn't feel the normal enchanted pull of the sealing ring. What were the chances that they'd store his seal with his other belongings?

The sound of growling was at their back.

It wasn't here.

The growling turned to howls. He knew it! The dogs had woken. How had he forgotten about them? While they were no threat of their own, they'd wake the whole damn village.

"Uriah," Sirris said, voice rising in panic.

He had to go back. Without the magic of the ring, he had no control of his wolf nor his glamour.

Light began illuminating the windows of huts spread throughout the town. He heard the humans calling to each other; they'd soon be falling out their houses to see what the commotion was. If they were captured and the humans found out what they'd done, there'd be slaughter and chaos for sure. Plus, Sirris couldn't chance a confrontation in the state he was in. Not only was he weakened, the cornered animal inside of him would come out.

And chances were, it wouldn't go back in. It was just too late. He was fucked but at least they had a chance of escaping now.

"We must go!" Sirris cried, a little bit louder than intended. He would try to be as little a burden as possible; Sirris squatted as low as he could and leaped onto the wooden gate walls. He relied on his claws and arm strength to haul himself over. Once he'd scaled the top, he dropped over and landed awkwardly on his ass when his leg gave out. They couldn't stop now, though.

"We've got to put some distance between us," the lycan said referring to the humans. "With the state I'm in and our scents tracked, they'd find us in no time on the ground. Let's take to the trees," Sirris suggested. He flexed his clawed hands, ready to climb again when he realized something: if he could hardly jump on the ground, how the hell was he supposed to jump from tree to tree without falling?

Okay--something would have to give.

Sirris turned suddenly to the vampire. "Can you carry me on your back?"

Uriah stilled in his movements while Sirris looked over his things but the frantic look his the males eyes didn't go un noticed. His mouth parted to ask what was wrong but the urgency that was stated next in the lycans voice told him that they needed to get out of there and fast. The dogs had began barking and now with the suns head peeking through, Uriah knew it was only a matter of time before the humans woke up and soon realized that their "monsters" had escaped. Following suit Uriah jumped on top the nearest small house and then once more landing himself almost at the top of the wall. Using his upper body to throw his weight over he landed on his feet before fixing his satchel.

Sirris was right they needed to keep moving. Those dogs would be able to sniff them out for a few miles before loosing track of the sent. Looking at the lycans calf Uriah made a small face before his brown eyes met the darker males. With his injury there was no way he was making it up into the trees and his speed would be cut tremendously. " Yes I can carry you". Uriah turned around so that Sirris get on his back and then he used his hands to hold his up by his upper thighs.

Not wasting anytime Uriah began moving through the trees and while he would have been moving faster without the extra weight, he was still fast enough to put some good distance between them and the encampment. Uriah could feel the sun beaming on the side of his face and he didn't know how long he had been moving but his back was beginning to hurt from the weight. Slowing down Uriah let out a sigh when Sirris climbed off his back.

" I think were okay. Let me see your leg" Uriah crouched down and gently touched the lycans calf before shaking his head. " It looks like shit. Use the antidote" His voice came out hard but deep down he was worried about the silver spreading throughout his body. " I saw the look on your face while checking your bag. What was the look for?"

Uriah rotated his stiff shoulders before pulling off his shirt. He was sweaty and being couped up in the small shack and running through the woods with someone on your back did the job. He wanted to stay close to the river as possible but with the humans would be all over that right now so he headed more to the west where there was a small stream. It would do just fine.

Pulling off the rest of his clothes Uriah moved into the water and let out a content breath while running his fingers through his hair. " When I was in the chief's house getting our things there was a room....it looked like a torture room. There was fresh blood in there too". Uriah closed his eyes in thought. That could have been them if they had stayed till the morning or failed to escape. While he knew this journey wasn't going to be a walk in the park, it certainly didn't make him look forward to reaching Viden either.

It wasn't lost on Sirris that the vampire had agreed to carry him. He nodded his head in thanks and climbed slowly onto the vampire's back. He settled his legs at the vampire's waist and wrapped his arms around the vampire's neck and shoulders. He was high on the vampire's back to ease some of the weight and it put his face right at the vampire's ear. Of course, against better judgment, he had the utmost urgent need to kiss the skin of the vampire's ear. It didn't take him long to give into the urge.

Sunlight broke the sky when they were several miles away from the human encampment. Uriah finally slowed and Sirris eased off of him.

Removing his pack, he sat down on the forest floor and dug around for the vial of herbs he hoped were still there. He had been so panicked about his seal that he hadn't even thought to mind the herbs earlier. Luckily, his hand closed around cold glass and he removed it.

Sirris rolled up his pant-leg to fully expose the wound to the air. It was fetid and oozing pus from the decayed flesh. Luckily the damage had slowed somewhat due to Uriah's earlier tending. The good thing about the herbs is that they'd reverse the ill effects immediately instead of him having to wait out the healing process.

"It feels like shit, Uriah. Do you really have to remind me about it?" Sirris said tersely, rolling his eyes. He pulled the stopper from the vial and crushed the tiny leaves in his hand before packing them down into the open wound. He hissed and grit his teeth from the pain of disturbing it, but the calm look that washed over his face was evidence enough that the reaction was over.

"Two silver encounters in less than a week. First time I've ever had to deal with it. I never knew I was so lucky," living amongst werewolves had led him a very sheltered life. He kept his leg extended as the muscle began to knit itself back together, revealing fresh and pink, raw muscle. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip as he hesitated to answer the vampire's question. He looked over to the stream cutting through the trees.

"You didn't happen to grab my seal, did you? I don't feel it," Sirris mulled before rolling his eyes up to meet Uriah's. "The simple fact that humans removed it meant that they knew well enough what it was. This is a problem."

Sirris watched as the vampire stripped his clothes off and headed towards the stream. He ran his own hand over his face and hair and felt debris and dirt. Perhaps bathing wasn't a bad idea. He'd wait until the outer skin of his calf would grow back. In the meantime, he'd analyze the vampire and see if the vampire's earlier declaration of his inpenetrableness held true. A vampire's strength was finite, he knew that. The question was, did Uriah know? Or rather, would he listen?

Mulling over ways to get the vampire to let him examine him fully, Sirris's ears peaked at the sound of Uriah's voice. "Fresh blood?" Who on earth could it be? Did they torture their own kind? Humans were barbaric in their ways, one of the many reasons that it was easier to reason with them than it was to fight them.

After a few moments lost in thought, Sirris's stomach bottomed out. Sage. The female lycan--had she planned to go the way they had? If she was still separated from her pack, the humans would have an easier time outnumbering her.

Sirris looked at Uriah, but he kept the thought to himself.

"Either way, we should count ourselves lucky to be rid of that place. I hate to put a damper on the remainder of our journey, but we really do need to accept the fact that the same exact thing may happen in Viden. We don't know what they're planning. I wouldn't be surprised if we're made out to be an example." Sirris quieted for a while and took the time to look over his leg. Skin had partially covered the new muscle--it would have to do. Plus it itched like hell and the thought of cool, clean water was more than enticing. He undid the laces of his tunic and began to undress.

"What plan does your clan have in place should you not return?"

Uriah opened his eyes at Sirris's question. He was certain that he had grabbed everything out of the room and what was mantled on the wall but seeing his face before they left now he wasn't so sure. " I believe I did but if anything double check your bag and look through mines just in case. If it wasn't in there then they'd have to go back for it and that alone was beyond risky. It was like walking into death with open arms.

Nodding his head Uriah moved through the water slowly watching the small fish. " Yes there was blood on the floor and along the walls, human blood. He remembered seeing the torture chair, dried up blood along with scratches and fading color from underneath the chair due to the victim moving around in attempts to get out. And humans called them monsters. " Well with a chief like the one they had I'm not surprised. He seemed far too "nice" and understanding for my liking and there was that dark look in his eye when he saw us".

While the chief had been old Uriah had no doubt that during his younger years he spewed out more than enough pain and dominance to instill fear in his people as a leader. Despite the old age he looked like he was still more than capable of doing what was necessary, including putting people in their place and he could only imagine the punishment the two men were going to rescue for letting them escape.

Uriah watched as Sirris undressed and got into the water before making a small face. " Your right we don't know what they have planned in Viden. Humans feel as if we owe them something and the last thing they want to do is share land that they feel belongs to them. We just have to be extra careful and be ready for anything".

" If something were to happen to me they would send a party to Viden and see what happened. Most likely my older brother and a few highly trained men and women but my father and grandfather would take it as the humans declining the peace treaty. I know my grandfather would want to keep my people out of harms way of the humans but if it came to war he wouldn't hesitate either".

Uriah swam over to Sirris closing the distance between them somewhat and tilted his head slightly looking down in the water before back up at him. " How is your leg? Does it still hurt?".

"It's not in there; I would have felt it. It's no oversight of your own--they likely hid it. What they'd do with my seal, I don't know, but now that it's away from me, the magic will die and so will my hold over this glamour. Consider this a fair warning."

A pleasurable look crossed Sirris's face when his healed leg met the cool water surface. He had thought for certain it would smart, but the water was a welcome reprieve. He swam out to the center of the stream by way of a make-shift dog paddle as he tested his limbs. He was in working order again. At least something good had come out of the encounter.

Sirris stopped swimming and dove down into the cooling waters to submerge his body. When he reemerged, he caught Uriah's voice. 'Human blood?' Sirris thought to himself as he began scrubbing water through his hair. It was strangely matted until he realized his scalp was caked with blood. "Why am I not surprised..." Sirris grumbled. It wasn't immediately clear if he was just referring to the news of the torture room or not. "I didn't get a good look at the chieftain's eyes, but I trust your judgment. It would explain his willingness to help Viden with stalling us. Oh--" Sirris threw a look to Uriah as he paddled back to the shore, "I should probably mention I also suspect that they're working with Viden to detain us." Sirris emerged from the water and padded over to his knapsack. He fished out a white bar and headed back to the stream.

"You have such a good understanding of the human condition," Sirris remarked. Now back in the water he used the small bar to form a soapy lather that he ran all over his body. "How'd you get that? Did they share it with you as a bit of pleasant conversation while you drank from them?" Sirris teased, chuckling out loud to himself. Damn, he was funny.

Something else that Uriah said caught his attention. "Your older brother?" He watched as Uriah swam towards him and looked him over. Sirris was a mass of soapy lather. He held the bar up and his pearly grin matched the white lather coating every inch of him above the water. "This might help. May I?" he continued to grin with a slight glint in his eye. "My leg's fine, thanks to you. I can't recall if you told me about a brother before." Sirris began to form a lather between his mitts again and this time he held his hands out towards the vampire, flexing his fingers suggestively. His wide grin only dimmed when he asked his next question: "If you have an older brother, why'd they send you for this mission instead of him?" Sirris drew closer, his soapy fingers hovering just inches away from the vampire's skin. This would be a perfect opportunity to check the vampire over.

Last edited:
Uriah frowned somewhat when Sirris confirmed that he indeed didn't have his seal with him. When he was in the room his eyes didn't pick up on it, but then again he wasn't trying to stay too long since they were cutting it close with time. Still he knew that without the seal Sirris's lycan form would be uncontrollable and while he wasn't worried for himself when they reached the city if Sirris turned because of the humans, he knew it would end badly. Should they wait the night and then head back for it? He doubted that would work. The chief was mostly likely red as a tomato in rage that they had escaped and three of his men were killed. He'd up the security and watch dogs now.

" I've been around a long time Sirris. I know how humans are. They like to take things that don't belong to them and claim them as their own, and once they take our land from underneath our feet they'll parade around like they didn't kill hundreds for it". His eyes followed the darker male as he got out the water only to return with a bar of soap as he lathered himself up and then gave Uriah a look that made him raise an eyebrow.

He nodded his head slowly watching as Sirris soaped up his hands while continuing to give him a grin that held ulterior motives behind it. " Yes I have an older brother but he's not actually related to me by blood. My father had found him while my mother was still pregnant with me and insisted that they should keep him. His home had been attacked by lycans and his parents were killed so my fathered agreed to it and raised him like his own".

" Though he's my older brother he's not of royal blood. A true Craven so I was sent to seal the treaty instead of him". Uriah finally understood what the smirk playing on Sirris's look was for and he moved in so that the males hands were now pressed against his skin. Vampires didn't require bathing since they didn't have body odor but they did bathe every so often especially if they got dirt and grime on them. His body relaxed immediately though a smirk formed on Uriah's face. " An excuse to touch me I see. But since the question was brought up, do you have any brother or sisters?".

Sirris had been waiting for both a go-ahead from the vampire and an answer to the lycan's question. It struck him as strange that they'd send the youngest to bargain the fate of an entire clan. Maybe Sirris misunderstood the roles of royalty among the vampyre; maybe they more closely mirrored that of his own clan. And his own clan could care less if the ruling family were killed, so long as someone immediately took their place.

But the answer that Sirris got had him pausing and the shadowed grin from before was now gone. His brother had been orphaned by lycans. Once again, their differences and histories proved to be inescapable. While his hands still hovered the vampire's skin, they closed in on themselves somewhat as he lost himself in thought. Which was why he was shocked back to the present when he felt the vampire press against his outstretched hands. Sirris tried his best to continue as if he hadn't been caught off guard.

"The vampyre clan is brave to send a royal to do their bidding," Sirris remarked, and then quieted when he realized how that sounded. "Surely, they're just wanting to show their sincerity for the task. Though, seeing the way you can put a book away, maybe there's more to it than that," Sirris smirked to himself, now focusing on the task--literally--in front of him. The lycan started off chaste as he ran his soaped hands up the vampire's torso. He sudsed the bar again and got more into it the second go-around. He took the opportunity to run his hands all along the vampire's chest and shoulders, down to his biceps and forearms.

Sirris picked up each of the vampire's hands and soaped them just as he had the vampire's arms.

"What else did you think it was? I'm certainly not doing it for my health." Sirris teased, as he massaged the delicate skin between each finger with his clawed nails. "I have many brothers and sisters, but I am the eldest of all of them and the only child of the alpha's mate. She died shortly after I was born, a hero's death, quieting disturbances along our borders. I don't remember her, but the clan does, and they constantly remind my father of how much better of a leader she was than he. I suppose they gave me this mission as a consolation prize; it's an indirect honor to her, and a sure-fire way to dethrone my father sooner. Do our politics shock you, vampire?"

Quieting momentarily, he moved his hands back to the vampire's torso, feeling over the areas where he last remembered the bullets to have hit him. He sought out differences in texture, any pain points, anything, but there was nothing there. Lucky bastard.

Sirris would soon move around to the back, but damnit if he wasn't going to take advantage of this compromising position. He ran his hands back up the vampire's torso, to his neck and--

*SPLAT*

Two big, sudsy handprints to either side of the vampire's face. Sirris jiggled the vampire's cheeks while he was at it and mussed his hair.

Uriah would never let him do this again.

But it was soooo worth it.

Sirris moved forward and pressed his torso flush with the vampire's. He gazed up at the vampire through his lashes as he purred, "Permission to do the back?"

Uriah nodded his head slightly at Sirris's comment though he was way more pre occupied on the feeling of the males hands moving along his upper body. " It has been something our people have done for quite some time now. They send a child of the royal bloodline that they feel is worthy of completing such a task. My grandfather feels this will help me in future decisions when it is my turn to take over the coven. My father had done so and now it seems as if it's my time". When the lycan spoke up again Uriah found himself picturing Sirris with a couple of brothers and sisters that he looked after.

" Your politics don't shock me really. My mother made a lot of decisions and my father simply ran with it. My grandfather told me that when my mother was around my father was much more "nicer" and level headed. They said she was a firecracker and was as stubborn as a bull, someone that kept my father on his toes. Whenever my father and my Sire got into a disagreement on something he'd always bring her up to push my fathers buttons and the man never fails to remind me that I act just like her sometimes. Reckless".

Uriah felt Sirris's hands trail up his torso, past his neck before his eyes squeezed shut due to the surprise contact of the males hands on the side of his face and then through his hair. When he opened his eyes Uriah made a small face which quickly wiped away feeling the lycans body pressed against him followed by the question.

He lifted his hand out to take a hold of Sirris's chin before leaning down and pressing a lingering kiss to the darker males lips. " Go ahead but it's only fair if I get to do yours". Uriah figured he probably looked foolish with all the suds over his cheeks and his hair sticking up due to Sirris's teasing. The man just looked so innocent but Uriah knew better. His hand dropped from Sirris's chin to trail down his chest and then lower along his before stopping at his v line and drawing his hand back to his side.

The werewolf was shocked speechless for a few moments. That had *not* been the reaction he was expecting. Not by a long shot. He had expected the vampire to grab him, toss him in the water, something--anything--other than pull him into a slow kiss. Conniving bastard. This is what pissed him off about the vampire from the get-go--he never took the bait. So even-tempered and patient. It frustrated him so that Sirris wanted to take his frustration out on the vampire in plenty of creative ways.

But he couldn't get creative when Uriah had his hands at the juncture of his hips and his lips on his face, the son of a bitch.

"You... The future Sire of the vampyre," Sirris mused, pulling away tentatively, not completely convinced that he was off the hook so easily. "I have a hard time imagining you in that role," the werewolf was thoughtful, using this time to move around the vampire and begin working his back. He couldn't stay pressed tight to the vampire's front; Sirris didn't have that much self control. Nor did he have any qualms about bedding the vampire, which was a problem, because he really thought he should.

Sirris took deep breaths as he rolled the white bar of soap between his fingers. "I suppose I imagine the leader of the vampyre clan to be some imposing, shriveled looking creature who is constantly crass because he hasn't died yet--uh, no offense. You just seem too... Hm. I don't doubt your ability to lead. I doubt your satisfaction in the role--if I may be so bold. Do you look forward to it?" The rhythm of Sirris's hands changed to a more comforting, massaging touch. He started high on the vampire's shoulders, enjoying the feel of the hard muscle giving slowly under his touch.

Sirris picked up on something the vampire had said when he responded about lycan politics. "You told me how things were 'when your mother was around'... Has it been long since she hasn't been?" Not knowing the circumstances, Sirris didn't feel comfortable coming out and asking Uriah about his family situation. To be honest, before meeting Uriah, he had never thought of vampires as having the traditional family archetype. Devotion and duty were two words that came to mind when thinking of the vampyre clan--love was not one of them.

Sirris's hands dropped to Uriah's back as he massaged and kneaded the flesh there. He then dropped down to grip the vampire's backside briefly before running his hands around to grip the fronts of the vampire's thighs and trying to bring the vampire back against him. So much for self control--he couldn't help he was naturally handsy. Sirris sighed as he moved to lay his still soapy cheek against the vampire's broad back as he'd rest his arms around the vampire's waist. He wondered if it was common for vampires to hold each other that way. To show comfort through touch without it meaning something else entirely.

Uriah didn't know really what to expect when he kissed Sirris but he knew it caught the male by surprise and honestly it kind of surprised him too. Sort of. Now whenever they were in close proximity with each other Uriah found himself wanting to kiss the lycan, to touch him and feel his warmth against him. He was quickly growing accustomed to their banter and affection, something he never thought would happen. " I don't blame you, I don't really see it myself". When Sirris moved from his line of view behind him he cupped some water and brought it to his face to wash off the suds that still lingered on his cheek and neck.

" Well the Sire is indeed old but he isn't wrinkly or waiting to keel over and die" Uriah smirked thinking about his grandfather. The man was old, visibly older than the others but he still maintain somewhat of a youthful look. At the mention of his mother Uriah bit down on his lower lips before nodding his head. " Yes she's been gone for awhile now. I was a boy when he died. There had been a breach on the front gates and my mother despite my fathers heed for her to stay put wanted to fight alongside her people. She was killed by rouge lycans while saving some of our people....Noble I guess". He didn't know why he continued to talk about his past but he figured Sirris would ask more about her eventually so he let it out in one run.

" I honestly don't look forward to becoming Sire. I feel as if it a bore with some many people expecting so much out of you. I'm already expected to be great...better than great and role as Sire restricts me from doing a lot of things I'd normally do. If anything I'd give the role to my older brother, he deserves some title of his own". Uriah was far too reckless to lead his people. Since he was a child he had been raised to be the best warrior not just to protect his people but to make sure that he had what it took to rule. Uriah didn't follow the rules in place now so he doubted he'd be any better as a ruler. No point in enforcing rules he didn't bother to follow, it make him look like a hypocrite and a poor leader.

Uriah leaned into the lycans touch, his eyes closed as his body simply moved at Sirris's motions. Until he grabbed his ass. Uriah jumped slightly in the water as his eyes widened, this slick bastard. He felt Sirris's hands move from his ass to his thighs pulling his body against the lycans. He was glad that he wasn't the only eager one. Feeling the males cheek on his back he allowed him to relax there while he was in his thoughts. His clan wasn't people that showed a lot of affection, they meant well but physical displays of affection were rare and only really shown with fresh new couples and even that wasn't often.

Although Uriah had been around for some time and yes he had been intimate, the only displays of affection were shown behind closed door and even then Uriah wasn't an overly touchy feely person. Things change I guess. He pulled away slowly only to retrieve the soap and then lathing his hands up the same way Sirris had earlier, " I have to do your back, courtesy of you doing mines" Uriah smirked before moving behind the male and slowly working on his broad shoulders. His fingers slowly worked their way down to the base of his back but mostly he was getting familiar with the lycans body. It was much smoother than he had naturally thought.

When he reached his lower waist he played at the darker males side before dropping lower to cop a feel the same way Sirris had done him. " I see your a very hands on person. that makes two of us" His mouth brushed against Sirris's ear before gently nibbling on his earlobe and then kissing a spot just below it. His mouth trail slow kisses along his neck and shoulder while one of his hands innocently reached for the front of his body to grab his manhood. Uriah's tongue flicked out as he briefly sucked on a pulse point on the lycans neck. " I guess I'm not the only eager one" he teased.

Sirris laughed at Uriah's description of his grandfather, but quieted at the mention of Uriah's mother. Likely, Sirris & Uriah's definitions of "a while now" differed. It just went to show just how long and deep-seated the hatred was between their clans. The lycan found it interesting that it was rogue lycans, however; what could they have possibly wanted from the vampyre clan that would make them pursue such a dangerous course of action? What had they been after?

Maybe that was a question for another time. And he really didn't want a disagreement at this moment. He'd enjoy the vampire and the stability for a while longer.

"And what do you 'normally do' that's so out of character for a Sire, Uriah? Live in your books?" Sirris asked with skepticism in his voice. "Honestly, if it's as bad as you say, you're probably doing your brother a favor."

Uriah's sudden jolt had Sirris blue with smothered laughter. He kept quiet, though, enjoying the small bit of peace they had. Likely, seeing their luck thus far, this peace wouldn't last long. Either way, standing here in the stream, bits of sunlight sparkling down, and the warming air was about as normal as they were going to get.

His serenity was jolted when Uriah slipped away suddenly and took the soap bar away from him. Good grief, that bar wasn't going to last long, now was it?

Sirris was *all* for it.

The lycan couldn't lie--he was tense as hell. He didn't believe for one minute that Uriah wouldn't take the advantage and seek revenge for Sirris's earlier actions. After a few moments of having every knot and kink worked out of his back, Sirris may or may not have been a walking sack of jelly. The vampire should use his hands more often. He should tell him that.

"You should use your hands more often," Sirris spoke with his voice in his throat. "I would have never known otherwise." He chuckled when Uriah felt his way down the werewolf's lower back. His laughter melted into a pleading whine when the vampire attacked his ears and throat. Sirris melded himself back into the vampire's embrace. He reached one arm up, trying to find a hold in the vampire's hair when an unexpected grip had him opening wide eyes he never realized had closed.

Well, that escalated quickly. Or maybe it hadn't and Sirris had just never expected to get to that level.

He laughed for real this time and his other hand reached down to wrap around Uriah's. He squeezed lightly before gently pulling the vampire's hand away. "No, you're not the only eager one. But as much as I'd love to make you forget your own name, I'm not entirely confident of the outcome," Sirris spoke quietly, but he didn't move away. The disappointment could be heard in his voice. "I'm afraid if I relax too much, my wolf might come out. And while that may not be a problem in and of itself at the moment, my fear is that I won't be able to put it back in." Sirris was quiet for a few moments before he turned slightly in the vampire's embrace so he could meet his eyes. "You understand, right? I'm not turning you down. Well, I guess I am, but not for reasons you may think."

Sirris turned back around, put out and now frustrated. This was going to be a *long* journey.

"Let's rinse off. I'll help with your hair," the hair that Sirris had messed up. His smile came back when he thought of all the things he'd gotten away with.

Last edited:
Uriah nodded his head understanding the lycans words. Without his seal he wasn't sure he'd be able to turn back and the last thing Uriah wanted to do was be the reason he was stuck in his lycan form. Picking up on the sadness laced in the darker males voice he brought this hand up to rub his back briefly before drawing back to his side. " I understand Sirris though I must say I've never been turned down before, this is a first" He let out a small laugh to let Sirris know he was just teasing and then sunk half his body underwater so that Sirris could wash the soap out of his hair, the soap he put there in the first place.

He closed his eyes feeling Sirris's hands moving through his head followed by some water and then Uriah submerged his whole body under to remove the rest of the suds before coming back up and wiping some water from his face. Looking Sirris over once more Uriah quietly moved behind him before wrapping a loose arm around his neck and then pulling him underwater. It wasn't much of a payback for the suds but it did get Uriah a pretty good laugh as he moved out the water in case Sirris felt like one uping him again.

Putting on his pants Uriah left his shirt over his bag until he fully dried. He felt bad that he left Sirris's seal behind since he knew how important it was to the lycan. " Oh and for your information I am pretty reckless when I'm not reading a book, and since it takes me no more than mere minutes to read them I have a lot of free time to get myself into trouble" Uriah flashed a smile before sitting down on a nearby rock as he looked down the trail that they had some.

" When we pick back up again we'll be about two days trek from Viden and while I am certain that you can control your lycan form for the most part....are you certain you want to risk heading there without your seal?" It wasn't that he didn't feel as of Sirris couldn't hold back but Uriah knew how humans were and even Sirris now had some sort of idea how they were going to react once they reached the city.

" I can slip back in at night and get it back. Silver doesn't bother me and garlic simply makes my nose tickle. Unless there's another way to ensure that you won't turn when he reached the city...is there?".

Sirris leaned into the vampire's touch and teased the vampire back, "Maybe you should get used to rejection." Sirris turned to see the vampire had stooped himself so that Sirris could reach his head. The werewolf's eyes softened as he methodically massaged and washed the soap free of the vampire's hair. His hands were gentle, loving even, as Sirris continued to caress the vampire's head even after the soap was gone. He only stopped when Uriah sunk beneath the water to rinse himself clean.

"My turn?" Sirris smirked innocently as he watched the vampire move around him. If he got handsy again, Sirris couldn't gua---

*DUUSH*

The arm he'd assumed would pull him into a loving embrace drug him down underneath the water.

Sirris popped up instantaneously sputtering profanities. His hair was stuck against his face and with its heavy weight he couldn't see anything. He'd kill him!

Sirris had to physically lift his hair up out of his eyes only to see the retreating vampire laughing his ass off.
That's right. Run.

Sirris roared--quite animalistically--and turned his back to the vampire. He submerged himself, under his own power this time, and washed himself free of any remaining soap residue.

He stalked out of the water cursing the vampire in at least 2 languages before plopping down where he'd left his pack and clothes. He shook himself from head to toe and hoped that the water spray would land on the vampire. He skipped putting on his clothes right away and instead spread out as bare as the day he was born on the grass. He propped his head on his arms and continued to grumble about passive aggressive neck-suckers who lied in wait for revenge.

When the vampire neared him, Sirris stopped his muttering and smiled sweetly.

"Oh, you're just going to leave me hanging in suspense? What do you do to get yourself in trouble? I want to hear more about this anti-royal, wild side of the Sire to-be," Sirris goaded, popping open an eye to eye the taller male who sat down close to him.
Sirris closed in his eyes momentarily only to open them again when Uriah mentioned his seal. His face sombered somewhat.

"No. Thank you, but no. I don't think it would be wise to go back. If they had hidden it intentionally--which I'm sure they did--they would most likely be expecting us to return for it. I don't want to take that risk and... I don't want to put you at risk. They may be human, Uriah, but their strength is in their numbers and their conniving nature. The first encounter was new to both sides--now, they'd know our weaknesses just as we know theirs."

Sirris quieted for a moment as he chewed the inside of his lip. "To be honest, I don't *know* if I can hold it for much longer. This has never happened to me before and our clan is so dependent on these rings now-a-days, there isn't really a fall-back option. At least, not to my knowledge. And as much as it pains me to admit it, I don't know everything," Sirris's laugh was derisive. "I can only hope that laying low and keeping calm will help my cause. I've taken the seal for granted so much that I don't know if I'd recognize the signs of an impending turn outside of the full moon." Sirris sought Uriah's eyes. "I'm sorry that I don't know much more than that. It was futile to try to fight nature to begin with. All I can say is that we definitely must reach Viden before the next full-moon. While 2 days time isn't much at all, seeing the encounters we've had so far, we can't bear to lose any time this go around."

The werewolf quieted again before sitting up and beginning to pull on his clothes. That's when a thought struck him.
"Unless..." Sirris began, but quieted. Was it foolhardy to even hope?

"Unless we can find a caster, someone with similar powers to the witches who created the lycan seals in the first place. The only casters I know of, however, are the ones who live with our clan. I know of no others outside of it. Perhaps somewhere in your past you've met one around here before?" Sirris said, a reluctant sort of hope entering his voice.

Uriah playfully rolled his eyes hearing the teasing in Sirris's voice. " Well i'd skip out on lessons , bribe the elders to conceal my whereabouts despite their position to tell my grandfather" He paused realizing those things weren't real serious acts but simple teenage rebellion before his eyes widened, " Oh well I was caught with one of the seconds daughter by her father.....and her lover at the time". Uriah chuckled at the memory. " I remember running from the two of them before bumping into my father thinking he'd save me and once he heard what happened all three of them were trying to get a hold of me. I was lucky my older brother was around to sneak me into one of the hidden rooms and we sat in there and relaxed until they stopped looking for me".

His brown eyes looked over Sirris's body before smirking. " I was pretty hard to deal with when I was younger. It was only when I got a litter older that I started taking things more seriously". Uriah raised an eyebrow waiting for Sirris to speak and at the mention of a caster he rubbed the back of his neck. Casters were the grey line between sides. They neither favored the vampires or the lycans, and simply helped whoever benefited them, nothing more.

" When we were leaving Viden my mother made us stop at a small house out in the woods. She met with some man and then as quickly as we came we left but my father and grandfather did tell me about them and where they usually reside in this area" This was honestly the one time Uriah was grateful that he payed attention to his lessons and his grandfathers ramblings.

" My father mentioned there was one right before we reach Viden in the woods north east in the direction were heading. I have faint memories of what the place looks like but I'm sure we'll find it". Standing up from the rock Uriah put on his shirt and shoes before looking over his shoulder at the lycan. " Come on slow poke the faster we get to the Caster the quicker we can get you a seal. Then I won't have to worry about you turning on me, even though I must say I'm still debating on weather I like your lycan side more" Uriah chuckled to himself.

Once they began walking Uriah glanced over at the darker male. " We should find something to eat soon" he paused to reach out and trail his fingers along the males neck. " Unless you want me to bite you again" he was only teasing but it was entertaining getting reactions out of Sirris. " His fingers brushed against the passing trees as he looked around. " Were getting close".

Sirris laughed heartily as he listened to the tales of the vampire's adolescent antics. Since vampire's lifespans were exceptionally longer than his own kind's, he wondered if it took decades to grow out of an adolescent phase.

"You're lucky to have a brother who would cover for you. Being the oldest of many, I'm expected to set an example. I may not have gotten around as much as you," the werewolf smirked, "but the relationships I've made have been fruitful." He could never manage to bribe the elders of his own clan--if anything, they'd try to bribe him.

Sirris had one pant-leg on when he stopped suddenly at Uriah's mention of a caster. Casters weren't well known and Sirris hadn't placed much hope in the possibility that Uriah may be familiar with them. To hear the vampire's anecdote was enough to turn his blood to ice with adrenaline.

There was a way. He didn't have to live with the constant fear of turning at an inopportune time. They may have a chance yet!

Sirris dropped his head as he processed the vampire's words. Uriah's mother had visited a caster? What could a caster provide that a vampire would need? His mind went back to what Uriah had said earlier, that his mother had been attacked by rogue lycans. He wondered faintly if it could have been about something special she possessed. Nevertheless, he was grateful to hear of the casters' dealings with the vampire clan.

It wasn't until the vampire stood that Sirris snapped out of his internal thoughts. "Right before we reach Viden... They're quite close to our destination, aren't they? I hope they won't have any aversion to helping us; they could be in with the humans now." Sirris worried the hem of his pant bottoms when Uriah's gentle urging got him to standing and grumbling again. He finished putting on his pants and tunic and affixed his pack and weapon again.

Sirris was so busy trying to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything that Uriah's last comment almost escaped his notice.

"Wait... what?" the werewolf asked, incredulous. "What do you mean you like it more? Just what exactly? The fact I can't banter with you in your language? Oh... I see what this is. Don't be fearful of losing our verbal war, vampire. Sometimes it's just better to accept defeat," the werewolf teased with extra condescension for good measure.

They were back on the trail again and Sirris never recalled himself feeling so restless. There was a lot hinging on this meeting with the caster and there were too many extenuating factors that could very well screw this meeting up for them. The caster could refuse to supply Sirris with the help he needed or could even poison the lycan with bad magic. Bad outcomes withstanding, the prospect of security was enough to make him willing to try. He was grateful to the vampire's quick thinking.

Sirris turned to the vampire at the feel of fingers against his neck. The unexpected touch caused a shudder that the lycan tried and failed to hide. He nodded in silent agreement with the vampire's suggestion to stop for food. And the tease that he'd be the source of nourishment for the vampire. "Don't take this the wrong way when I say: no," Sirris intoned, looking at the vampire out of the corner of his eye.

A deer would be too lucky to find at this time of day (and the two of them weren't exactly lucky) so Sirris sought to look for rabbits instead. Hopefully 2 or 3 would be enough for the vampire; he didn't need the vampire to be malnourished for this final stretch of the journey.

"I'll go find some small game. Feel free to..." Sirris's voice trailed off as he thought about it. "On second thought, how about a little friendly competition? Whoever comes back with the most game doesn't go hungry for the night?" Sirris challenged, all fangs when he flashed a toothy grin.

Uh oh. Maybe his wolf wasn't so content with staying quiet after all. Plus, a little hunt & run would do him well to cure his anxiousness.

"Anddddd," Sirris starting counting, "onetwothreeGO!" The werewolf banked a sharp left and dove into the brush surrounding them without so much as waiting for the vampire to respond.

That sly muthafucka. Uriah had been all to ready at the means on competition but he hadn't expected Sirris to up and get the head start that way. Nonetheless Uriah smirked before moving through the tress in the opposite direction. This would be the first time that they actually wagered some sort of bet only, Uriah was certain that he'd come out victorious. Maybe it was because he was overly competitive and that last time he remembered loosing anything it had been years ago. Slowing down he closed his eyes and focused on the sounds around him. Small critters, birds, squirrels but no rabbit just yet. Sneaky bastards. After about five minutes Uriah opened his eyes and locked on with a nearby bush and in an instant his body moved forward, arm extending and the feel of soft fur underneath his fingertips. One down.

Chasing game reminded Uriah of his childhood when he and Alric would run around the forest trying to shoot as many birds from the trees as they could with their slingshots. At first Alric had one because he knew all the spots but once Uriah picked up on where most of the birds circled around, he had become the winner and the thrill of taking the number one spot was something that never changed. Today would be no different. As time went by Uriah found another rabbit. So head two, one more and he should he good.

Making sure he didn't go out too far from where they were Uriah crouched on a rock and looked around as he waited patiently. The last rabbit he caught was a bit smaller than the other two but a catch was still a catch and Uriah had a satisfied smirk on his face as he made his way back to their spot. Placing the three dead rabbits on the ground near his bag Uriah hummed a small tune as he awaited Sirris's return. If the lycan had managed to catch more than him Uriah wouldn't hide his disappointment. Second place just never suited him and he didn't think that would ever change, though it was all fun and games so he wasn't going to be butt hurt about it though, teasing Sirris win a triumph win, now that made a smile form on his Uriah's lips at the thought.

He moved back into the the thick of the forest to grab some wood so that Sirris would be able to cook his meat and upon coming back he placed the wood on the found and began working on the fire. When Sirris was in sight Uriah smiled. " I caught three, how many did you bring back?".

The werewolf was finding it difficult to locate any game and he had a good idea why that was. He couldn't stop laughing. He was literally running through the forest cackling his ass off and he didn't even know why.

Maybe it was because he finally got the sly on Uriah.

Maybe it was because his wolf was overjoyed at the prospect of the hunt—Sirris couldn't tell.

Still, he continued on his merry way, laughter finally dying down to a low chuckle.

This was the time of day that rabbits would sneak out of their dens for food. Sirris was able to snag one just before it dove back into its den. He finished it off quickly and kept walking, seriously avid on bringing back a healthy amount of food for the vampire.

Well… it'd be food for him, more blood than anything else for Uriah.

Still, the prospect of providing for his packmate was enough to trigger his possessive side. Yes, Uriah was his packmate, but was that all he was? Their end goal was the same and they were slowly finding more similarities between them than Sirris could have ever imagined. Did that make them more than simply common members of a pack?

The werewolf almost tripped when his ears picked up the sound of soft thumps on the forest floor. There might be more prey nearby.

If he was careful enough, this would be the second game he caught.

Sirris parked the shrubbery to his right, only to spot a fluffy rabbit munching on a bit of leaves nearby. Its back was to him and it was nothing for Sirris to seize it. He waited in the shrubbery, ready for the right opportunity to strike and strike he did! The rabbit tried to dive for her den, but it was closer to the werewolf and he crushed the opening underfoot. It was enough to cause the rabbit to stall and he was able to intercept her with worrying ease. He turned away, ready to search for another.

That's when he heard it. And when he did, Sirris's eyes went wide.

~*~*~

It was easy to locate the vampire by the creature's scent alone. It permeated every fiber of his being and brought him comfort. He didn't want the vampire to ever leave him again.

Wait. What?

Sirris shook his head fiercely as he realized the thoughts of his wolf were starting to push to the front. He'd have to be careful that more than that wouldn't emerge.

When Sirris broke the tree-line into the small camp that the vampire had set up, his face was sullen and his eyes hard. He walked towards the vampire with the hem of his shirt held out in front of him to form a make-shift basket. In each hand, dangled by the ears, was a rabbit.

"I see you're working on a fire," Sirris remarked flatly. The nod of thanks he gave to Uriah was stiff.

He neared the vampire and squatted down carefully. He released the two dead rabbits once they were touching the ground. Then, ever so gently, he released the hem of his tunic. Five fluffy baby rabbits all but fell from his grasp and waddled about on the forest floor.

Sirris watched the bunnies crawl around with wide eyes before eventually bringing his gaze to Uriah.

The werewolf didn't remark right away, only gazed at the vampire as Uriah's words finally started making sense to him.

"Oh, three? That was a good hunt. I brought back…" Sirris head moved around as he counted each bunny individually, "seven." The werewolf sighed heavily as he settled back on his haunches and moved the dead rabbits away from the baby bunnies' line of sight. "Entirely not my intention as you can imagine. The last rabbit, well, she had a litter I didn't discover until after I'd hunted her. I had destroyed their den in the process and… I felt bad just leaving them there with no home. I could make them another, of course, but I didn't want to stay away too long and have you worry," Sirris offered by way of explanation. He rubbed the back of his neck, face twisted in a grimace. He shifted uneasy eyes to the vampire.

"I'll let you feed first. I left their blood intact," Sirris inclined his head towards the two dead rabbits behind him. "Once we're done, I'll rebuild their home. I…" the werewolf scrutinized the bunnies, "think they're weaned of the tit. They should be able to survive."

A particularly curious bunny hopped unsteadily closer to the werewolf. Sirris couldn't help the small smile at the ends of his lips. They were so young they didn't yet know danger. Sirris had already taken their home from them, he couldn't in right mind take their opportunity at a full life, either. Not when they no longer had someone to protect them.

A darker bunny crawled cautiously toward where the vampire rested. It seemed to be analyzing the vampire's character's with the one, large eye that was visible.

When Sirris had returned Uriah noticed the instant smile that fell upon his face and the feeling of content. That was new. His eyes followed the lycan's movements taking slight notice to the the tense look on his face. It wasn't until he dropped two dead rabbits followed by five small ones that appeared behind his tunic. His eyes immediately dropped to the bunnies as they sniffed around moving into one another before his eyes looked back up at Sirris. As the lycan spoke it made sense as to why he had brought the bunnies back with him. Their home had been taken away and without their mother to make a new one or bring in food they wouldn't be able to survive.

At his reasoning for bringing them back here Uriah nodded his head watching them move around as they got accustomed to the new surrounding. " Making a new home for them would be good" Uriah's gaze shifted down towards one of the darker bunnies that slowly started making its way over to him. Very slowly Uriah extended a finger to the bunny could sniff him and once it felt comfortable coming closer he opened the palm of his hand letting the bunny wobble its way on top.

" They're quite cute" Uriah smirked gently petting the bunny with two fingers since it was so small before placing it on his chest and watching him move around sightly. After a few Uriah placed the bunny down and then stood from his spot so that he could feed since he didn't feel like sinking his teeth into dead rabbits in front of the offspring, he wasn't that cruel. Before moving any further Uriah leaned down to whisper in Sirris ear.

" So technically since your returning five and you only killed two...I guess that means that I won" Uriah could feel the smile already taking over as he leaned back and continued a few says before he began to feed. Ah what an amazing feeling it was to come out victorious. Wiping his mouth of the blood Uriah returned with a smug look on his face while taking a seat closer to the lycan.

" You know I had half a mind to let you starve the night like the bet originally stated, but since you are making these little ones a new home I guess I can make an exception" He eyed the darker male before briefly, " Just this once though".

The werewolf watched with a bemused expression as the vampire picked up one of the bunnies. Sirris honestly hadn't expected him to do that. Then, when the vampire went so far as to place the bunny on his chest, Sirris lost it. The laughter started mildly until Sirris had to hold his stomach to smother it. The werewolf had been a bit morose knowing that he had, more-or-less, torn a family apart. The vampire's surprising receptiveness to the bunnies seemed to chase away a part of that gloom.

Also, the fact that Uriah agreed with his proposition. Sirris knew they were short on time, but it was reassuring to see a similar compassion in the big, scary creature of the night. The creature who had a furry bunny crawling across his chest. There was something gentle and unguarded in that action that Sirris picked up on subliminally.

The werewolf watched with interest as the vampire set the bunny down with a intriguing amount of gentleness before he stood. Just as he went to pass the werewolf, he bent to Sirris's ear and a shiver passed along the werewolf's skin when the vampire's whispering breath tickled his ear.

Any other day he'd have been irked by the vampire's comment and would have told the vampire to shove it up his ass. Sirris may have even tried to guilt trip him if their relationship was like it was in the very beginning. But no, for some awfully strange and annoying reason, the vampire's smug words didn't spark the resentment the werewolf would have expected to feel.

He had the overwhelming urge to dominate the vampire. Just tackle him to the ground and make him squirm. If it wasn't for the safety of the bunnies who would surely get underfoot if Sirris gave in to that desire, Sirris would have pounced him. He'd have pinned the vampire's arms to the earth, clamped his jaws around the base of Uriah's neck and---

Oh, shit. They'd have to hurry this along. His rational mind and his wolf were starting to bleed together. Sirris used the vampire's sudden return to his side to break his mind from that particular train of thought. Sirris couldn't quite wipe the predatory look that lingered in his eyes though, and his expression was oddly pinched.

"How generous of you," the werewolf purred, the delivery wholly unintentional. Sirris moved before he could dwell on his betraying voice and removed his dagger to start skinning the drained rabbits. They could roast as he dug a new burrow for the baby rabbits.

Sirris had finished with one rabbit and was filleting it open when Uriah's addendum caught his ear. He paused in his action; that strange feeling from earlier was coming back. "Just this once...?" Sirris asked, blatant challenge and amusement his question. He smirked and that predatory gleam in his eyes strengthened.

Uh oh. Food. Focus on food.

Sirris shook himself. "So you'll share your catch with me. I didn't know you to have a generous bone in your body," the werewolf teased purely to detract from his slippage. "While I'm busy with the hard labor, why don't you fetch some food for the little ones, hm? Don't let your generosity stop with me," the werewolf grinned, once again regaining control.

" Oh I can be quite generous I want to be" a small grin played on Uriah's lips as he watched Sirris skin the fur off the dead rabbits and begin placing them in the fire to roast. The bunnies moved around slightly but eventually somewhat curled up near one another making a small little ball. He nodded his head at the lycan's comment before making his way into the trees to find the little ones some food, something that he didn't deem a hard task but it would pass some of the time. They were close to the caster and now Uriah's mind was occupied on weather or not he/she was going to help Sirris make another ring. He sure ask hell hoped so because with them being almost at the gates of Viden he didn't want the lycan's primary instincts to run rampant in a big city with targets already on their back.

Crouching down he picked up a couple of small leaves and grass before breaking it up slightly underneath his fingers so what it would be easier to chew. In returning Uriah placed the food down on the ground for the rabbits to eat before moving towards his satchel and searching through it, pulling out a small wide vial and unscrewing the lid. Moving back through the trees towards the water Uriah filled it up just enough before returning once more and placing the vial down so that the bunnies had something to drink to and looking down at them he had a satisfied look on his face.

" Well at least now they'll have a full stomach before you place them in their little home you made" Uriah's gaze shifted up from watching the bunnies to look at the lycan. It had been a handful of hours since he had lost his ring...well had it stolen from him and for the most part Sirris didn't really show any signs that it was affecting him, for the most part.

When Sirris returned after placing the bunnies in their new home Uriah watched him intently before laying his head back down on the ground as he watched the flicks of the fire travel up into the night . " Just a litter more ways to go and we'll reach out caster" he paused shifting his body weight up and moved over until he was well near the lycan. If it had been anything like before Uriah would have wanted nothing more than to be as far away from him as possible but now..now he found utter comfort when he was close to Sirris and able to feel his body warmth. Uriah lightly reached out and gently grabbed Sirris's jaw, shaking softly. " You okay right? Not turning all big and fuzzy on me now". Uriah smirked before slowly dropping his hand to rest on Sirris's thigh.