Indelible {Kronas17 x CalamitousNag}

Was she serious? Not many in the pack would share her same sentiments. Sirris's head tilted slightly as he thought about it. Nope. Most all lycans hated vampires. Why was she so different?

Why was he so different?

If Sirris didn't know better, he'd think his own mind was attempting subterfuge against him.

Sirris focused on Uriah's reply to his question. They were coming up on a human village. How would the three of them even manage to pass through unnoticed? Uriah may have a chance but for the two werewolves...

Sirris watched as the female lycan appeared to be putting on a show oof being as carefree as possible. That in and of itself had Sirris tense. What was she playing at?

Uriah was leaving.

In the few days they had been acquainted, the young male couldn't recall ever wanting to strangle the vampire as much as he wanted to do so now. A stranger had joined their party; for all they knew, this 'pack' she spoke of could be trailing them, just lying in wait for them to split up. Ready to attack the lone straggler. Should he go to accompany the vampire?

What the fuck was he talking about? Uriah was an adult, he could handle himself. He was also a vampire and could suck the like out of whatever attacked him. Hell, it'd save him the trouble of having to hunt.

He needed to focus.

"What the hell are you playing at?" Sirris snapped, head whipping around to fix the resting lycan with a glare. "I don't like your tone, Lady Sage. For a stranger benefitting from the protection of others, you're awfully opinionated about something I highly doubt you know anything about at all. I simply want to understand your reasoning. Care to enlighten me?"

Where the hell was Uriah?

"Enough about that. Let's talk about something more pertinent. How are things back home?" Sirris challenged, the pupils of his saffron eyes were pinpoints.

It was only a few minutes before Sirris directed another question in which Sage opened her eyes to peer over at the male. " What game am I playing? As of right now none. And if we're talking about tones I could certainly say the same about you" For once there was no smile on grin her Sage''s face, simply a stern gaze directed at the male whom addressed her. " I much rather be in a group of two than alone, safer in numbers has always been the tactical approach has it not? Though I can assure you Prince of Fykos... I can take care of myself".

Seeing as how her little nap had been interrupted Sage sat up into a sitting position. " I'm freely voicing my opinion on the vampyre that from what I see is someone you care strongly for, though that's just an observation. Like I said earlier I find it rather nice that lycan and vampyre can tolerate each other. Simple as that".

" Things back home? That I would know little about being as iv'e been out here for about a week but I can assume slightly tense with your absence and you know the fate of our people depending on this whole endever" Sage shrugged nonchalantly before releasing a small sigh. " Learn to relax young prince, not everyone is out for malicious intent. We both have destinations in Viden and that's it".

Uriah had managed to find a deer with some actual luck after feeding Uriah carried the lifeless body back to where Sage and Sirris were and dropped the deer on the ground with a small thud. " Eat" Uriah grunted motioned towards Sirris and Sage while plopping down where his satchel was and running his hands through his hair and then over his facial hair. He needed to shave soon. The one thing with vampires is that their body hair didn't stop growing but it took a long time to grow. To even get his stubble had taken Uriah about twenty five years or so and he felt it was needed.

Something wasn't adding up. Hadn't Sage just said that she had parted from her pack? To go ask some guy a question? And then went on to say that there was safety in numbers--when she had separated from her pack?

Either Sage was taking the piss with him because she knew he obviously disliked her or she wasn't too concerned with the inconsistencies in her story. Sirris had the niggling feeling that her pack may have kicked her out. Which meant she was a rogue and her "joining" their group for the sake of safety was really an attempt to take control of it.

Hussy.

Seeing her unwillingness to back down, Sirris surmised that she was probably a dominant personality type. Even more reason to suspect her rogue status.

Despite his mind going round and round with the things he didn't like about the newcomer, he was only able to manage one bit of defense: "We're packmates."

She had never said anything to the contrary, right? So why did Sirris feel the need to inform her?

Sirris was thankfully distracted from his musings when Uriah re-entered the camp, carrying a likely-drained deer and dropping it unceremoniously on the ground. Sirris looked up at him with a raise of his eyebrow. Shaking his head, he muttered a "thank you" and nudged the deer over so that the female werewolf could reach. "Have you fed?" Sirris sneered, removing a knife from his satchel. He lamented how being in this form prevented him from using his teeth like he wanted to. He dug the knife in to rip off a hunk of meat he could hold. While he was indirectly offering to share with her, she could cut her own damn meat.

Sirris was something else.

Sage eyed him for awhile after his last comment but made no means giving a response to it, There was no need to since he pretty much gave her all the answers she really wanted. Instead she thought back to her pack she had departed from not too long ago, almost certain that they'd move around quite a bit she began putting calculations on how low it would take for them to meet back up....if she went back to them.

When the vampire brought his kill back she didn't make any movements towards the body until the lycan spoke up with malice in his voice and Sage felt herself biting down on her tongue to keep from speaking. And it was hard. Reaching for the blade in her boot Sage made precise cuttings of the flesh before eating and when done moved downward to the water to wash her hands of the blood.

Uriah watched the two silently as they ate and he thought about his people. Usually they all fed at various times depending on their hunger and it wasn't usually a group thing unless it was a big kill and the person felt like sharing. Even now as he watched the two lycan's eat it felt nice I guess, to share something with someone. Uriah couldn't see himself feeding in front of Sirris or Sage for that matter, they'd most likely be put off more than they already were. He didn't want that.

His gaze fell from Sirris towards Sage's direction to see her already looking at him with an unreadable expression and it was then that he realized he had been starring. Uriah had no idea how this trek was going to be with Sage;s presence but he knew it was going to be a handful especially with Sirris's personality and Sage's mysterious aura around her. It made him uneasy.

Sirris kept to himself as he ate, not really tasting the food. His throat was dry and that made it hard to swallow--he didn't think it had anything to do with actual thirst, however.

He licked the remains from his fingers and stood up restlessly. He looked down at the carcass, frowning. If things hadnt turned out like they had, Sirris would take his time cutting and preserving the meat. Of course that would have delayed their trip, but if it was just the vampire, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. With an unknown now with them, he wished he would.

"If we are finished, I'll dispose of the carcass." Seeing Sage depart towards the steam bank, Sirris turned to Uriah. "Come with me?" Sirris gazed intensely at Uriah. He was trying his best to convey though the look just how little he was asking and more so demanding.

The male lycan felt great unease. Perhaps unknowingly, the vampire had taken up the mantle as leader of their pack. That said, it worried Sirris how easily Uriah had seemed to accept the female lycan. No traces of the vampire's earlier prejudices against the lycans seemed to remain. While this was a good thing for Sirris--he would admit--and spoke to the vampire's general character, was it really so easy to forget the past and--he couldn't believe he was saying this--pair up with the enemy?

Sirris chewed the inside of his lip. Maybe there was more to this. Maybe it was the simple charm of a pretty face. Sage certainly had no issue commenting on the good qualities of the vampire.

Outwardly speaking, Sirris had withdrawn considerably.

Down by the water Sage began removing her clothes folding them neatly on a nearby rock alongside her bag before stepping into the cool water of the stream and running her slender fingers through the wavy locks of hair and starred up at the moon. Getting close to the two was going to be hard for multiple reasons, more so Sirris. If she was going to state her proposition then that needed time and she would have to earn their trust, and that relied on the person entirely.

From what Sage had seen between the interactions and body language between the two males it was very possible that their two clans could put aside their differences to actually get something done, those two were a perfect example of it. Viden... her thoughts of that city and the humans made her frown slightly before shaking her head of her thoughts and stepping out the water to dry her body and hair.

Uriah looked up at Sirris's gaze and then nodded once standing up and following his lead as he went to dispose of the carcass. The thick silence between the two was making Uriah uncomfortable and looking over at Sirris he slowed down and peered over at the darker male. " What's wrong".

Sirris's discomfort was evident and Uriah knew it had something to do with Sage, well it had everything to do with her. He didn't know what was more unsettling was the fact that there was another lycan amongst the group or the fact that Uriah wasn't as tense as Sirris was and she was his kind.

Uriah took a few steps forward and rested his hand on the lycan's shoulder giving a small squeeze. " Relax Sirris, does this women really get to you this much? Why?" His brown eyes filled with both curiosity and concern. He had no care about the women but Sirris was...they were a team or a pack as he'd call it and Uriah found himself getting more invested in his emotions when it concerned Sirris than he'd like. It was troublesome.

" I know your displeased with her being here and I'm not all that glad she's with us as well but she doesn't seem all that bad. Look the minute she tries something she'll be dead before she can bat an eye okay?".

Uriah tilted his head slightly as a small grin formed on his lips. " Don't be jealous now". He teased.

The werewolf grunted against the weight of the caracass he shouldered. Hoisting it, he tossed it into the trees in the opposite direction of their camp. There was no sense in tempting other woodland creatures to their location; the newcomer alone was enough.
Sirris was silent for a beat before he turned back around to face Uriah and address his questions.

"The female herself doesn't bother me per se, it's the circumstances under which she arrived in," Sirris spoke, a concerned look on his face as he met Uriah's gaze. "Uriah, when we left to embark on this mission, did you see anyone jumping for the opportunity to join us? A dozen candidates all scrabbling to see who the lucky one would be to accompany their enemy into human territory? Perhaps it was different for the vampyre clan, because there was no eagerness in the clan of the lycans. I half expect the elders decided to send me instead of the alpha so, in the event he would have surely perished, they wouldn't have to worry about the mantle falling to me."

Sirris visibly chewed his bottom lip before turning away from the vampire's touch, his eyes searching about frantically. "No one wanted this job, Uriah. It doesn't strike you as strange that this female is heading *precisely* to where we were destined? Maybe it isn't strange for you, maybe you're planning to meet up with your clan when we get there, but I know my clan certainly won't be there. So why would she?"

Sirris was pacing now. He listened to Uriah's reassurances but they didn't soothe him, well-intentioned they may have been. Sure, they may kill her, but what other processes did her being here set into motion? Sage could be a decoy, or she could be the main player. Regardless, Sirris wasn't so easy to trust. No matter how fine the female lycan seemed.

The next quip of the vampire's had Sirris sneering. It was too similar to Sage's earlier instigations for his comfort. He wouldn't address it. Instead, "Uriah, if you will lead this pack, you need to know that a leader can never get comfortable in his position. It will always be tested. If you accept her, then I'll deal with it--but don't let your guard down. Many leaders have lost their packs that way." Sirris's warning was paired with a steely gaze. Uriah had to know what he was doing; cultural difference couldn't be an excuse when the pack's livelihood was as stake. He needed to know how lycans operated; knowing what killed them was not enough.

Uriah eyed Sirris as he paced back and forth and both statements left him in deep thought. He hadn't really thought of himself as the leader of the group but he understood the responsibility that came with protecting the people in it. All of Sirris points were very much true. Uriah had been chosen for the task because he was the chosen one, the grandson of the sire but they would have never sent their leader because without him the coven would fall and he was certain that it would happen for the lycans as well. A task like this his people weren't going to risk their leader but rather send someone with the capability instead.

When he had found out that he was chosen to venture to Viden alongside a lycan Uriah'd people's faces were filled with distaste, their natural born hatred for their enemy evident and not one person stepped forward to offer themselves in place of Uriah, only to voice this displeasement with the idea of sending their own out with the enemy.

Sage didn't pose a threat to Uriah but he didn't trust her either, though the more Sirris talked about it Uriah realized how serious it was if Sage wasn't all like she posed to be and that would be on him. He couldn't have that. " I understand" His voice was firm and Uriah was first to turn and head back. Sage was sleep with her arms wrapped around her backpack and Uriah moved to his tree where he slouched down. " When we rise in the morning it'll be settled.

When they awoken Sage had her bags already packed with an eager look her eyes and Uriah simply eyed her before picking up his satchel. " Sage why did you really join us on our travels? Our reasoning for reaching our destination isn't very much inviting and yet you're sooo adamant on being around us". Sage looked Uriah up and down before looking over at Sirris and then back at him. " Why do you want to go to Viden?"
" To make the treaty with the humans you know this"
" Yes but Why? Why are we the ones making the treaty and not the other way around. We should not feel inferior to the human race".
Uriah eyed her silently suddenly understanding why she was asking all those earlier questions. She didn't want to make peace with the humans, she wanted them to make peace with their people.

" You think instilling fear in the humans would be the best choice?"
" I think it's a lot better then letting them run over us as if we aren't superior. They are afraid of us! Why should we hide and make bargains with them" Sage frowned her eyes bore holes into Uriah.

" Humans are evolving with their technology and their weapons if we go to war it'll become open season on both out people and it will be a matter of time before they wipe us all out. With this treaty at least we keep out land and can live without wondering when the humans will come storming through to take from us".

Sage simply shook her head with a look of disgust, " I see." She bent down to pick up her backpack and sling it over her shoulder before turning towards the opposite. " Hopefully your answer and views will change once you make it to Viden. I pray that it does".

Last edited:
Sirris watched the exchange between Uriah and the female werewolf from his place among the boughs of a nearby tree. The situation had escalated quickly with the female werewolf grabbing her belongings, looking as if she wished to stomp away to whatever burrow she had come from.

It was quite a way to start the morning, but Sirris felt that the grilling had been necessary. He was more surprised, however, with how easily the female werewolf had offered her answers. It showed that she truly believed the words she spoke.

The young werewolf had to clear his throat to keep the creeping smile away from his lips. He pulled his knees towards him and slung one arm across the top of them. He rested his chin on his arm and studied the two, his eyes finally landing back on the vampire.

"Do you disagree with what she says, Uriah?" Sirris intoned, before turning orange eyes on his kinsmen. "This is a big endeavor you're pushing, Lady Sage. Pushing such a proposition on the humans would require a lot of muscle--and a lot of numbers--from our side. Unless you know of others, the last I was aware, the entire lycan and vampyre populations reside in our lands west of here. We are hardly in any position to make demands with the humans. You can't deny there's some merit in Uriah's argument."

Sirris realized he was playing devil's advocate, but he was honestly curious about the female werewolf's intentions. She had referred to having a pack the night before--who were they to say that she wasn't part of some larger coalition that even his people knew nothing about?

Sage moved some strands of long brown hair from her face and studied the vampyre and Lycan. She knew that they'd be hesitant, resistant about such an action but in her eyes and a few others that was the only way to make sure their people weren't wiped out.

Uriah shifted his gaze up towards the other male and bit down on his lower lips weighing over both ideas. Yes he didn't feel like his people should have to reason with the humans when they were the superior race but they were out numbered and the humans would only get stronger as time went on.

" I don't necessarily agree with what Sage is saying through I understand where she's coming from"

Sage was silent listening before another comment was directed at her. " I understand that we are at a disadvantage, believe me I know but if we were to come together not just our people but Uriah's as well, I believe that we have a chance don't you?"

Uriah was silent as he made a small face and shifted his body. He was tense. While Sage was onto something there was just no way his people would even come to a term like that and he doubted it would be the same for Sirris's people as well.

" Even if I were to agree to it which I don't...my people as well are yours wouldn't agree, I mean they can't even be in the same room and not try to kill each other"

" But you are traveling with a lycan and haven't killed each other yet" Sage's gaze flicked over to Sirris, " Are you against this as well?".

She had a point.

Sirris sat back against the tree, crossing both arms over his chest as he contemplated the Sage's position. If the vampyres and lycans banded together... considering their hatred of each other was as mutual as their hatred for human kind, a cooperation of that magnitude just might work. Not only did they have a common enemy they could fight together, by nature alone, they severely outpowered the humans.

They might even have a chance at winning--Viden, maybe. Sirris couldn't pretend he knew the world, but he had a strong feeling that humans roamed most of it.

Uriah was the first to answer Sage's question and Sirris found himself nodding in agreement with the vampire's words.
"It is true what Uriah speaks, Lady Sage. You are a lycan--a scout, even? Surely you've witnessed upfront how the general populations view each other. I'm not saying 50 years from now that attitude won't change, but to ask for cooperation now is asking a miracle. Our people are too proud to work together towards a common goal. We'd sooner see the other wiped from the face of the earth."

It felt strange to say these things, considering he hadn't wished such things of Uriah in a long time. It even felt wrong to contemplate it. What was happening?

Sirris was surprised to see Sage looking at him when he finally broke from his inner thoughts. She had pointed out how the two of them hadn't killed each other yet, but he wasn't expecting to be addressed so pointedly. What did his feelings have to do with it? Sirris narrowed his eyes. Was she insinuating again? Sirris decided to reply as neutrally as he could muster.

"This journey is but a duty to my clan--our clan--Lady Sage. My feelings on the matter have no bearing. I can see and understand your logic--it's a sound suggestion--but I feel we are simply several centuries too late."

Sirris avoided looking at Uriah and instead continued to address Sage. "Who do you work for, Lady Sage? I can assure you it is not my father."

Sage shifted her stance as the lycan spoke. They both were against the proposition and it was such a pity yet she still had some hope that their answer would change later on, at least one of them. But one could only hope. "We may be delayed Prince of Fykos but we are never too late. I still believe that with enough help on both sides there is still a chance".

Uriah simply grunted as he thought about his Sire, his grandfather. He wasn't a man who bent for someone and especially on matter that pertained the the well being of his people. In his eyes to even have someone tell him such things that Sage spoke of would be taken as an insult and that person would be dead in a matter of seconds. Reasoning to make mutual peace with their sworn enemies just wasn't in the picture right now.

Sage tilted her head slightly at the comment and shrugged. " Your father is a great man, strong willed and I can see he raised you well. Who I work for is of little concern to you right now but if your asking because of my loyalty I can assure you that I still stand behind your father".

Uriah raised an eyebrow. " If you are loyal to him then why leave and spew all this?"

" Despite me being loyal to the man does not mean that I have to agree to every little thing he says or does. I am my own person and with certain matters I just don't see eye to eye with him on.... I left because I wanted to expand on this idea and that's exactly what I'm going to do".

Uriah looked from Sage to Sirris but didn't say anything and Sage looked up at the sky and then clutched her backpack. " Look I understand both of you answers and your reasoning, you are entitled to them. I will depart from you two now as I have revived both of your answers. Safe passage on your travels and I shall see you two in Viden".

Sirris' eyebrows jumped high on his forehead and he found Uriah echoing his own sentiments. Clearly Uriah got it; did this female werewolf even realize what she was saying?

What had earlier been pensive tolerance was slowing turning into the initial doubt and suspicion he had held towards Sage. Of course many lycan stood behind his father--he was the pack leader. Safety in numbers was their creed but that didn't mean that they were all of the same opinion. Sage was a perfect example of that. How long had this differing school of thought existed in his clan?

Better yet, once--and should--he and Uriah return to their clans after the mission, who was to say that the clans would be the same? Maybe an insurgence had occurred even now...

The male werewolf had to jerk himself from the thoughts flooding his mind. Good thing he had, Sage was already preparing to leave. He'd let her go. Though he couldn't lie and say he valued her presence, he could appreciate the differing viewpoint. It was practice for what they'd soon face.

Still perched high in the boughs of the tree above, Sirris turned his head and sought Uriah's eyes.

"I suppose the end of our escapade is nigh?" Sirris ran his tongue over his canines before turning away and staring off into the forest. "We have no way of knowing if the homes we come back to will be the same as the homes we left."

Sirris slid from his perch and dropped soundlessly to the forest floor below. "Tell me the lycans aren't the only ones with the crazy political ideas. Do you also have this unrest in your own clan? These factions of thought that threaten the very purpose of the mission that you and I are on?" Sirris didn't quite expect Uriah to divulge such politically dangerous secrets, but it didn't hurt to ask anyway. Maybe he'd learn something about the vampyres, too.

After all, Uriah had learned at the same time as he that the lycans weren't as united as they made out to be.

Uriah watched as Sage adjusted her bag on her back, picked up the large stick she used to carve design in the dirt and began heading onward and not once did she look bag. Even though he wouldn't say it out loud having Sage's presence wasn't welcomed at first but he did sort of enjoy having such a free spirit around. There wasn't that many of those back at his coven. Uriah turned slightly looking over his shoulder to see Sirris had finally come down from the tree. He was right about things being different when he got home. Being around SIrris and Sage, spending time around the "enemy" Uriah wasn't sure what it would be like when he returned and it wasn't something that he was looking forward to.

At his question Uriah scratched his head in thought. It wasn't really spoken about with his people but Uriah knew that there were people who didn't agree with Sire but it was only in hushed whispers.

" Yes there are people who don't agree with our Sire, similar to Sage's belief of coming together to take over the humans though I'm not sure how many people disagree with the my Sire's choices considering me his grandson the last thing they'd do is discuss things pertaining to different ideals around me".

He eyed Sirris for a moment before rocking back and forth on the heels of his feet. " The people who have openly expressed their beliefs on how my grandfather should do things go silent for fear of being banished from the coven while others leave willingly. I have no doubt that Sage will find a handful of my people that will join her cause but it wouldn't be enough to do anything".

Uriah stopped rocking, raking his fingers through his hair he started moving down the path glancing over his shoulder at the darker male. " I guess we should press forward as well".

As soon as Sirris' feet touched the ground, he shook himself with the same intensity he would have if he had been wet. It was a visceral reaction to the female lycan leaving and it took even him by surprise. Had he been that tense?

Once recovered, he tuned back in to the conversation. "The Sire's grandson...? Any benefits come with that position in your people's culture?" Familial hierarchy among the werewolves didn't mean so much as the group hierarchy did. While Sirris was the Alpha's son--and he was respected as such--he didn't hold any real position on his own. It was why he was so disposable and the representative for this trip. Maybe things were different for the vampyre clan.

Sirris's humanoid ears twitched with interest at Uriah's next utterance. He looked at the vampire, tilting his head slightly as he noticed the male bobbing on his feet. "You honestly think that your clan members would willingly join," Sirris pointed to himself, "ours?" The question wasn't a challenge; he was dumbfounded. "Forgive me, Uriah, but even after all this time, I'm skeptical that any of your kind would so willingly go along with ours. Call it... habit." Sirris watched as the vampire turned away, once again focused on the mission.

"We should," Sirris agreed. He didn't immediately follow, however. His body would have been stock still if it weren't for the minute twitching of his hands. Sirris was lost in thought.

Finally, something won out and Sirris moved stalkily toward Uriah. He walked quickly to place himself in front of the vampire. Turning abruptly, he stretched out a hand towards Uriah's chest.

If the vampire would let him, he'd move closer. But regardless, it didn't stop Sirris's mouth.

"You were very tolerant of that lycan, and held your cool well. You didn't see eye to eye with her though, which puzzles me." Sirris smirked, eyeing the vampire cheekily. "You liked her... didn't you?" He let the question hang in the air as he ghosted his outstretched hand down the front of Uriah's chest, withdrawing as he reached the vampire's waist. "I know we've been away from home for a while and you've been subjected to purely male company all this time. Even so, do you think you can wait until after we're done before you run off with a bitch?" Sirris's mouth split into a full out grin even as he rolled his eyes and turned away from the vampire.

Uriah simply shook his head at Sirris's comment. " No there's no perks to being the Sire's grandson just a lot of people expecting you to be great, as is expected when you come from royal blood". Since he was young he had never been treated any different from the rest of the coven besides getting away with a few mishaps that his father or grandfather overlooked with scolding but nothing more. If anything Uriah had it much harder than anyone else. He was expected to be the strongest, fastest, and smartest out of the rest and while those things came naturally, it was never good enough for them.

" I know it's hard to believe but despite our people's differences if they really wanted to take down a common enemy...besides each other I believe it's possible.... I know our situation is different but even so, we've managed to be cordial with each other for the sake of our people. I'm sure they'd put their hatred aside to take out the humans".

Uriah focused on the trail ahead of him, the sun was beaming down on them and he figured it wouldn't be long before they ran into a small village or some place inhibited by humans. By now Viden wasn't too far off and Uriah knew there'd be people who lived on the outskirts.

Sirris's sudden presence in front of Uriah caused the male to skid as his chest slightly bumped the darker males hand. Why was he stopping him?

Ah Sage.

Uriah's lip twitched slightly as he listened to Sirris asked him if he liked Sage, well he wasn't really asking more like telling. His lips parted when Sirris referred to Sage in such a way. Had he really been that mad that she had joined them or was there something more to it? " Sage is beautiful yes and did I find her company somewhat peaceful..sure but do I like her? No I do not".

Uriah already figured Sirris wasn't the kind of guy who spoke about his feelings but his words and body language did all that for him. When Sirris turned away Uriah stepped in front of him with a grin forming on his lips. " You know, the whole time Sage was around you were rather tense, not to mention your dislike for her..." Uriah stepped closer so there was no more space between them . " Could it be that you were covetous about her being around me?"

He leaned forward so that his lips barley brushed against Sirris. " Don't worry it's not Sage I'm interested in so you don't have to worry about me running off with some...bitch".

Peaceful? Her presence had brought him peace? Sirris found himself unexpectedly hung up on the vampire's description of the female lycan. It sort of begot the conclusion that Sirris's own presence *didn't* bring the vampire peace. A few days--even hours--ago, Sirris may have been proud of the unease he caused the vampire. Now, he found he disliked the notion that Uriah had been more at ease with an absolute stranger than he had been with Sirris. He'd only known Sage for a few hours--what could he trust about her that he couldn't trust about him?

All these thoughts bombarded Sirris within the span of a few seconds, meaning he was caught completely by surprise when Uriah appeared in front of *him*. He put his hands up in front of him as a show of surrender. He didn't take Uriah's accusation half as well, though.

"Me? Covet her?" Sirris asked with challenge, leaning back slightly when Uriah pressed in. This was the second time he had been taken by surprise within the span of minutes. "I'm merely approving of your taste in lycans, vampyre, that's all. Though I doubt your ability to hold out until the mission is complete," Sirris derided just before Uriah was leaning closer and a feather touch crossed his lips.

Unconsciously, Sirris's eyes widened before drooping shut. This was the closest they had been, hadn't they? Not to mention that this particular touch was no longer in the realm of a pack leader and subordinate showing affection for each other. Sirris was taken aback.

But he recovered quickly enough. See, whatever intensity Sirris lacked in his everyday mannerisms he more than made up for in passion. Without much thought to it, he was raising his right hand to cup the back of the vampire's neck and hold him in place. If Uriah would make so bold a move, then Sirris wasn't one to not reciprocate.

"If not a bitch, then, she had better not be a vampire, either. If you need respite that badly, I'm sure you can find a willing participant in the next encampment we come across," Sirris spoke lowly, his eyes still shuttered. Though he verbally gave Uriah an out, he still pressed forward to deepen what could be a kiss if only it was meant for him.

Uriah had half expected Sirris to snarl at their closeness, to take a few steps back so that he could regain some sort of control but much to Uriah's surprise he felt Sirris's hand at the back of his neck keeping his head from moving back. The touch had caused him to shudder involuntarily at the warmth of his hand as he watched the darker males eyes flutter close. Did Sirris want him to kiss him? That in itself would be much of a surprise but it was probably just a test, yet in the back of Uriah's mind he was hoping it wasn't.

A chuckle almost escaped Uriah's throat at Sirris's comment, his eyes focused on the males mouth as he spoke. " I can assure you it won't be a vampire or a human for that matter".

Sirris still had his eyes closed.

Uriah realized that Sirris hadn't made any moves to get away from the closeness so he wasn't appalled by it. Huh, you learn new things everyday. His brown eyes scanned Sirri's over noticing the lycan leaning forward slightly and his eyes widened slightly. Not because he was against what was about to happen but because he never thought that Sirris would be the one to so boldly initiate such an intimate thing.

Bringing his hand to rest on Sirri's waist, Uriah leaned down slowly as he pressed his lips against Sirris's. They were soft, much softer than he had expected and warm. Uriah found himself wanting more of it. His fingers slowly trailed down to the belt loops on Sirris's pants, hooking his fingers through Uriah tugged the lycans body closer while taking his lower lip into his mouth.

Being on this journey had changed the way Uriah felt about his sworn enemies and his previous judgment on Sirris and now? Now he was getting too close and he had no idea how the dynamic was going to be because of that, and not just between them but after things were said an done.

Uriah parted his lips letting his tongue slowly trail against Sirri's bottom lip, teasing before pulling away slowly as his brown eyes sought Sirris's golden ones. He didn't speak at first too pre occupied his his thoughts before a smirked formed on his face. " I've been around a long time SIrris. I can assure you I can withhold from the pleasures of the flesh...you however we'll see".

Last edited:
Sirris merely nodded at the vampire's reassurance; he was more focused on the slight tremor he could feel coursing though the vampire's body. He didn't know what he had been expecting, but he didn't exactly expect the vampire to be so emotive. Strong emotions (and the ability to feel them) had always seemed like a lycan trait--there had never been talk of emotional vampires. He had always known the enemy to be aloof and elusive. It was hard to picture them as anything else and it was because of this that Sirris found himself tuning into the vampire even more.

He noticed the difference in feeling. He had briefly felt the vampire's lips when the vampire had kissed his neck not too long ago, but he felt it more so now. His lips weren't cold like vampires were fabled to be, but they weren't hot either. The skin at Uriah's neck was also somewhere inbetween.

These were his thoughts when the feel of a hand at his waist distracted him. It was Sirris's turn to be overcome by a shiver as his mind drifted back to when he had first met the vampire at the start of their mission. He hadn't forgotten how he had frozen up when panic struck his heart. He remembered all too well how concerned his father had sounded in his ear, though his eyes never strayed from the vampire in front of him. His father had thought that Sirris would attack when in reality, Sirris had been struck by the attraction he had felt.

It had all started back then.

Sirris stumbled forward ungracefully when he felt the tug at his hips. He thought the vampire would have been more likely to push him away. He forgot to breathe when Uriah deepened the kiss suddenly and Sirris knew this wasn't just playful teasing. Relaxing a bit himself, his left hand slid up the vampire's chest in a lazy chase to join the other at Uriah's neck.

He was both amused and pleased with the way the vampire owned his mouth so when the vampire pulled away, Sirris growled before he realized it. Eventually he opened his eyes but his expression was neutral. He absentmindedly patted the vampire's shoulder before stepping away. "We shall see and the question is, should you?" Sirris quipped--his attitude more up to speed than his brain was--before he shook the nerves from his bones and settled back on the path.

Reality was setting in. What the fuck just happened? Should they talk about it?

"The way you kiss, has it been equally as long for you? I should probably check to make sure I still have my lips. You've acquired quite a taste for lycan, my friend."

Nah, it was easier just to blow it off. Lest they never make it to Viden.

Last edited:
Uriah didn't know what facial expression he was expecting from Sirris but he got one that he was all too familiar with. Neutral. There was no dislike or any sign of emotions really for that matter. Why did he expect to see something different? Throughout the course of their travels SIrris had displayed anger, mild annoyance, and sarcasm, and the only smile if you could call it that was when he had some underlying message or slick comment directed at Uriah.

The sudden pat on his shoulder caused Uriah to drift from his thoughts as he watched the lycan take a step back and at his question Uriah simply chuckled as his response.

He followed next to Sirris as they continued on the trail and things seemed like they were normal. Seemed. Uriah's was at loss for words really. At first he was simply going to tease the darker male but he ended up letting emotions...emotions that he didn't want to develop get the best of him and ended up actually kissing the male.

Uriah eyed Sirris as he spoke. Yup it was back to the banter between the two. Raising an eyebrow slightly before re focusing his attention back in front of him. " Has it been long? Not really...you don't really forget and I can assure you my skill with...kissing is more than up to par". He paused for a moment playfully eyeing Sirris. " Though I can say you've acquired a taste for me as well.. I can't blame you. Us vampires are quite....addicting".