In the Grasp Of the Enemy W/Icystorm

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Eddie could sense the sentry's suspicions She turned around and hobbled back to where she'd left the boys leading the way quietly. As they neared the woods she could see the sentry getting tender and more vigilant.

"Seth! Adrian!" She called out hoping they guys would start towards them so she and the sentry didn't have to go as far into the woods.

"They wanna help!" She called again feeling her own stress levels raising up even more than they had been the whole escape time. Here she was almost safe and she felt more anxious about being disbelieved or thought a traitor. If Adrian or Seth made the wrong move she would be the one to take the heat for it. She just wanted to go home and see her family again...

Upon hearing Eddie's voice, Adrian jumped up and tugged on his brother's arm. "Let's go. We are finally safe." He couldn't believe it. After all this time they had finally found a place to rest. He was aware that he should not even be here with Seth and Eddie, but it was no use to think about that. All he could think about now was getting a good meal and some sleep. And then maybe seeing his mother and father. Perhaps they could all go to America now.

Seth stood up, thankful that now everything could be over. He was tired of this. He was tired of everything. He just wanted to sleep.. His arm reached out and he ruffled Adrian's hair. "It was nice getting to know you." Without another word or glance, he headed towards where Eddie was.

It took Adrian a few seconds to get moving. That had been strange, and he didn't like it. What had Seth meant by that? He was now filled with confusion and a bit of fear as he followed his brother to meet with Eddie.

The sentry stopped when he saw two people approaching, and the sight was not what he would have thought. One of them was only a kid. That created many question, but they could wait until later. The Russian soldier wasn't what he had expected either. The guy looked like a dead man walking, the light in his eyes pretty much nonexistent. That is not what he would have though to see from someone who had reached a safe place, because if he looked at Eddie he could see the life sparking in them. She had a family to get back to, and he was happy to know that she would get to go back to them so long as everything with this situation turned out well.

"Alright. Let's head back." He nodded for them to take the lead so he could follow and be ready in case they tried anything, although now he doubted they would.

The small group of people entered the little base. It wasn't much of a base really though it was bigger than an outpost. Eddie didn't say anything. She felt a tightness in her stomach. Would they let her talk to her family? Would she have to go to that hospital in Germany or would she be sent straight to Bethesda? Her leg would go between numb and painful...today it was painful, but she was ignoring it right now because of the situation they were in. They were led to the commanders office and sat down in a little waiting room almost. The buildings were make shift they could be assembled and disassembled easily, but it's what they had for now.

Eddie nervously sat down and started to drum her fingers on her leg. Seth had been with them, but the sentry started to take him away,

"W-wait where are you going with him? He's with me can't he stay?" Eddie asked. She sounded nervous. Suddenly she was very self concious about the fact she was in a partial uniform and a messed up on at that and that everyone she was speaking to out ranked her. She knew she looked like a mess and was embaressed by that fact.

The sentry gave Eddie an apologetic look. "No. He needs to be questioned separately. I won't hurt him, and if everything goes well you can visit him later." He could understand her wanting to keep the guy with her after what they must have been through, but they did not know him like she did, and this way they could get both stories and see if they matched.

Seth didn't look at Eddie or Adrian as he was led out. He went without a fight, and soon found himself in a small room. At least it was better than a cell. He glanced at the water on a table in the corner and then lay down on the cot in the room. He didn't get to rest long before two people came into the room. Time for the questioning to start, but he did not bother getting up, not even when the they told him to, and finally they forced him up.

The questioning began, starting with his name, and he did not answer. He continued to stay silent, but when they asked him if he knew the location of any Russian bases he spoke. He also spoke about his and Eddies escape, although using as few words as possible. When the questions moved back to himself, he kept quiet. They did use a few tactics to try to get him to speak, but he suspected the tactics were more to see if they could get him to react to something. He didn't react in any way, and as soon as they left he lay back down and stared at the door, which no doubt had a guard or two.

The sentry came back into the room Eddie and Adrian were in. "I have to get back to my post, but someone should be in shortly. A room is being prepared for you along with food, and a medic will see to you after you talk with the commander." He left the room and hoped everything would go good for the group.

Eddie was not happy about Seth being taken away. She'd started to go after him, but changed her mind because she realized she wouldn't be allowed to follow and would leave Adrian alone.
Eddie sat down anxiously not sure what to do now. She didn't feel like talking at all and just stared at the ground quietly thinking. She;d get to at least talk to her family soon. Hearing her dad's and her brothers' voices again would be amazing! She was also worried about Adrian and Seth. They had no one in America...well except for her. Would her brothers except Seth? Eddie figured they'd be fine with Adrian, but Seth could be a different story.
The sentry said something to them, Eddie didn't really hear it, but she nodded. She looked up startled when the door opened and a tall middle aged officer walked in and Eddie quickly stood out of respect and from training.

Adrian stayed unusually quiet. He was scared of more than he had been since getting captured. What was going to happen to all of them? What would the commander say? Were they going to hurt his brother? The sentry had said he wouldn't hurt Seth, but he didn't make any promises about anyone else. It was amazing how quickly he had went from being happy to finally be here, to wishing they were somewhere else.

The officer that walked in looked at Eddie, then glanced down at her leg. "Sit down, soldier. You deserve a rest." He sat down himself, looking over Eddie and Adrian before speaking again. "I have someone trying to get a hold of your family, but in the meantime tell me what happened. How you got captured, how you managed to escape and get here, why you have child with you." He already was briefed on the Russian soldiers story, or at least what the guy would tell of it. If the two stories do not match, then he would see what he could get the kid to tell him. If the stories do match, then things were looking bright for everyone's future.

Eddie nervously bit her lip and lowered herself carefully into her seat again. She knew this was going to take a long time and she probably wasn't going to be good at answering questions. It was odd now that she was asked to tell what happened the details seemed hazy and dim.

"I was captured while we were on patrol. Um...we were probably in the middle of our route when we were suddenly fired upon. There was a rather heavy fire fight and we started retreating, but Corporal Goretti was shot in the chest and leg while the team attempted to give me cover I went out to treat his wounds and prepare him to be transported however we could. Um the fire fight picked up and the Russian-Kazakh patrol rushed and surrounded myself Goretti. " Eddie paused and half choked half coughed to clear her throat. She remembered Seth had said no one else had been captured which meant Goretti was probably dead...and it was her fault for not doing her job right,

"Um after that details get a bit fuzzy...I know I was shot in the leg at some point and things went to hand to hand combat. I think I was knocked out...and I woke up in a tiny cell." Eddie finished her voice a bit less steady now.

Eddie was relieved they didn't ask about what happened in the POW camp yet, she knew she probably didn't have it as bad as some...she wasn't even sure how long she was there, but she still didn't want to talk about yet. Especially with Adrian around it felt uncomfortable recounting her story with the kid there to begin with and she didn't think she could talk about her torture with him there...it would just feel too much like talking about with one of her little brothers.

"A Russian soldier named Seth..." she paused forgetting Seth's last name and shrugged it off, "He was assigned to ah..interrogate me. He didn't want to do it and did kinda a sucky job at it so his boss jailed him for being a traitor." she paused again and coughed, her throat feeling dry. She wished she could have some water, but didn't ask. She'd never really had to interact with high up officers and honestly felt a little intimidated by the commander.

The officer waited patiently while Eddie spoke, and he noted the cough and that she needed water. It hurt him to hear the tale about Goretti as the two of them had been friends, and he had no idea what had happened to his friend. Dead most likely. It would have been nice to have his body and have given him a proper funeral, but life did not always go the way one wanted, but every tragedy left him a little bit stronger, yet a part of him a little more hollow.

He would have to ask what happened during her time in the POW camp, but not now. That could wait until she had rested up and was more mentally able to deal with talking about it. He could tell she was not all that comfortable around him, and he could not blame her, but even thought he was doing his job they were both just people. Hopefully they could talk like that soon, as just two people and not worry about ranks.

The officer stood up and left the room, coming back a minute later with two bottles of water, one was handed to the boy and the other to Eddie. "Continue when you are ready." He was patient, and if it got too late she could continue her story in the morning.

Adrian distracted himself with Eddies story. It wasn't a happy one, but it was interesting to hear. He was learning about war and his brother. He was sorry for ever telling his brother off for betraying his country, because it had been the right thing to do. Eddie was a good person and he was glad to have met her.

When the commander handed him a bottle of water, he knew it would be best to drink slowly, but once the water touched his lips he could not help but chug half of it. After that he began to drink more slowly.

Eddie took the water bottle and downed it quickly, probably too quickly, before taking a deep breath and taking up her story where she'd left off,

"I um I'm sorry I don't know all the details of how Seth got placed in the cell as I was....that was all kind of confusing..." she apologized still feeling a bit anxious about getting the details right. She was worried about getting something wrong and then being in trouble for messing up.

"We...we initially tried to escape after they first put us together. Um Seth faked like he was dying and when the medic came in we made a break for it. We got caught really quickly after that. Um they stuck us in separate cells and the head guy...I think his name was All-cave...or Alcove...something like that...sorry...I really can't remember his name..." Eddie stuttered trying her best to give what information she knew, but her anxiety over getting things right was preventing her from remembering correctly. "Um anyway this guy told me we had to um..we had uh to pick who got killed first..." Eddie was speaking rather quickly at the this point just wanting to get this part of the story over,

"Um after he said that he...the all-cove guy...put us into a uh cell together again." she explained glossing over the 'deal' Alkaev had told her, she crushed her plastic bottle in her hand nervously as she talked "So we made a plan and when the head guy came back we overpowered him and got his gun. We kinda used him as a hostage to get out of the place and then left him in the woods." Eddie finished. She paused for a long debating on whether or whether to tell what exactly happened in the wood between them and Alkaev. She swallowed and looked at the commander to see how he was taking her story.

Adrian's devotion for his brother grew as he listened. It would be a lot easier if Eddie wasn't so nervous, but he couldn't blame her. He was nervous also, but his curiosity overrode that small bit of fear. He knew exactly who Eddie was talking about, and he was glad they did not have to worry about that monster anymore. When Eddie stopped, he could not help but speak.

"His name is Alkaev. Or..was. He is dead now so we don't have to worry about him." He looked between Eddie and the commander. After a few seconds, his eyes widened and he looked down with an apology, not sure if he should have spoken.

The commander didn't say anything to Adrian, and instead stayed focused on Eddie. He had stayed calm while she spoke, not letting his features give away what he might be thinking. "You don't need to be nervous around me. We can go into specific details later, but for now just think of me as a friend. Take a deep breath, relax, and for now just tell me what you feel is important." He leaned back, trying to look relaxed himself in hopes that it would make her feel more comfortable. It would be no use if she became an anxious mess of stuttering and uncertainty.

Eddie smiled slightly. She knew there was no real reason to be nervous, but knowing that didn't seem to help. She had never really talked with superior officers more than needed...especially when they were as high ranking as the base commander was. She nodded though,

"Yes sir." she said. "After we got into the wood we made the decision to not kill him and just tied him up and left. We traveled for about a day I want to say before taking a break and setting up camp. We stayed the night and uh Seth decided to take us to his family so we could get some supplies and stuff. So um we did that. Seth's mother fed us and got us supplies and we left after resting for a bit." Eddie explained trying to push her nervousness down,

"After we left Adrian here uh appearantly he followed us...we didn't know it at the time but it...it is kinda important later." she added quickly. She took a deep breath and ran her hand through her now rather mangy hair while she thought of what to say next,

"We traveled more...honestly I'm not sure how long right now...sorry time kinda um blurred? I guess..." she apologized, "So yeah we traveled more and when we were resting and getting some water when this group of people surrounded us. We were overpowered and taken to this under ground like..resistance...place...group. Uh..." Eddie continued, "So they took us to an interrogation type room at first and their leader came to talk to us...or tried to. I wouldn't talk to them and kinda made them move us into a different room through some negotiations and stuff..." she added. She started to feel nervous again as she thought of her actions in the resistance group. Had she done the right thing? Had she said too much to the resistance? She coughed dryly still rather thirsty as she thought back and tried to remember exactly what she'd told Balta. She wanted to make sure she hadn't done anything wrong and wanted to report the facts right so the military and US Navy would know she hadn't betrayed her country.

The commander was glad that Eddie listened to him and it became easier to listen to her speak. It made sense for her not want to kill the man they used as a hostage, being a medic and all, and he wouldn't have wanted to have killed either, but something like that could come back and bit you hard. He would just have to listen to the rest of the story to know if that decision came back for the worse.

His face gave nothing away, but the next part he did not approve of. To go to Seth's family was putting civilians in danger, which it did, Adrian was proof of that. Although that Adrian had followed them was dumb on his part, so he would have to talk with the kid later and get his side of the story. He stored that thought and listened to the rest of what she was saying.

He grew thoughtful when she mentioned the resistance group. It sounded like she had done the right thing when it came to dealing with them, so he gave a nod of approval. "I think I know the group you are talking about. Do continue." So far the story she told and the story Seth told matched, so she had to be getting fairly close to the end of the story.

"Well while we were there Alkaev showed up with Adrian and uh the group traded Seth for Adrian...I wasn't there for this part so um I'm not sure of all that happened." Eddie explained,

"There was some sort of ambush and Allaev was killed. We got away and the group collapsed some tunnels. After that the three of us just kept moving and avoiding people til we got here." Eddie finished. She looked to the commander after she was done waiting for what came next. She hoped she'd done the right thing and hasn't messed everything up.

Eddie knew with her leg her career in the military was questionable at best of they drifted she had not acted in accordance to regulations she would most certainly be discharged. The only question is if it would be honorable or dishonorable. Eddie didn't know what she'd do out of the military.

The commander nodded to Eddie, there was kindness on his face, but other than that he gave away nothing that he might be thinking. He stood up and left the room, coming back a minute later with someone else in tow behind him. "Charles," he nodded to the man who cam with him. "will look over your leg and other injuries the two of you have. While he is doing that, someone will bring in something for to drink and eat. After that you can visit Seth for a few minutes and then rest up." Or at least rest up the best they could. He exited the room, having a few other things to get done.

Adrian was not sure what the commander thought of Eddies story, but he knew he had made a mistake by following her and Seth, and hearing someone talk about it made him feel uncomfortable. At least that part was over with and now someone could fix up Eddie and they would get to eat. And see his brother. He was worried about Seth being by himself.

Charles told them to follow him, and they were led into a different area that smelled like a hospital. Adrian sat down in one of the chairs, wanting Eddie to get checked out first.

Eddie followed Charles and Adrian to the hospital area. It wasn't a big hospital and was more of meant for initial treatment before transport to Germany in bad cases or treating very small things that did not require evacuation. She looked around when they walked into what looked like an emergency room with a row of exam tables/hospital beds and curtains around them.

They were led to one exam area with two chairs and an exam table. There wasn't really a waiting room in this hospital area because it was meant for emergencies mostly. There was probably a waiting area in the section they took sick call, but not in the care section. Eddie got up on the exam bed that CHarles point to her.

"You want the kid to wait somewhere else, sailor?" Charles asked as he signaled a nurse over to assist. He wanted to make Eddie as comfortable as possible because heknew this exam and treatment wouldn't be pleasant just be seeing the blood mess that the knee of her fatigue pants were.

Eddie frowned thinking. She did feel attached to Adrian, but like a sisterly attachment and did feel it would be weird for him to stay. If it was Seth maybe her answer would be different,

"Um yeah...no offense kid...." she answered. Charles nodded and turned the nurse,

"Take the boy to another area down that way. When you're done please bring me Seaman Kovac's medical records and then you may start the exam on Mr. Adrian." Charles requested. The nurse, who tall young man who looked awful young for being an officer. His name tag said Fitzgerald,

"Yes sir." Fitzgerald responded and turned to Adrian, "Come on, bud, you're with me." he told him signaling for the boy to follow him as he headed down the row of exam bed a ways to give both patients privacy.

Looking up at Eddie, Adrian stayed quiet as she thought about if she wanted him to stay with her. He really did not want to be alone by himself or with a stranger, but if she wanted him to give her peace while she was examined then he would respect her wishes. Her examination was not going to be fun, anyone with any bit of sense could see that, so maybe it would be best if he were not around for it.

It seemed that would be the case, so he put on a brave face and stood up. Giving Eddie a reassuring smile, he followed Fitzgerald past the row of exam beds. It was different here, so he made sure to take everything in, filling his head with new knowledge that would most likely not be useful. It was always good to know how things were set up, though. Hopefully these people would be nice and they would not have to try to escape from here.

Adrian brought his blue eyes up to look at Fitzgerald. "What about my brother? He is in worse shape than me, I feel fine, so someone should check on him first." Other than some cuts and bruises he felt ok. There was no doubt more wrong than just that, though. How long had they been wandering around until finding this place with little food? That was all the more reason for Seth to be checked out, though. His brother and Eddie had been without little food longer than he had, not to mention what they had to go through to escape the Russian camp. Adrian would have become more worried if he knew that even if someone did try, Seth would not accept any medical help.

"So...where do you wanna start? You want to do the knee first or work up to that?" Eddie asked wiping her palms on her pants. She'd never been a fan of doctor's and was very nervous about this one. What if something was really bad? What if she had to leave the service?

"We'll work up to the knee. I'm going to go get the scale and your records and we'll get started." Charles explained going under the bed he pulled a hospital gown from a large bin and handed it too Eddie, "You can put that on while I'm gone." he told her before leaving and pulling the curtain.

Eddie frowned at the hospital gowns. She really didn't like them...like here take your clothes off and use this weird plasticy hankerchief to cover up...it'll be great! Sighing the young sialor slowly stripped down to her under shorts and bra and then stopped. Was she supposed to take those off too? She finally just pulled the bra off and kept the undershorts on putting her gown on over everything. Charle returned with her file and a portable scale,

"How much did you weigh before you deployed?" he asked as he put the scale down and offered her his hand to help her down,

"About 95 pounds I think." Eddie said sliding off the exam table and balancing on her good leg. She stepped on the scale and looked down as the little hand waivered and finally came to rest,

"68 pounds." the doctor said helping her back up the exam table. "Some of that is probably water weight since you appear dehydrated, but we will still nee dto watch you and possibly put you on a diet to gain weight. You can't eat too much too quickly or you will sock you system and become sicker." he explained. He set his clipboard down and looked at her,

"I'm going to do a top down approach for your exam start with your head and work down. We'll skip the knee and come back to that." he explained. Eddie nodded. She liked he was telling her what was going to happen before just putting his hands on her and getting things done. He started to examine her scalp, face, and neck for injuries,

"Do you know of any head injuries you've had recently?" he asked as he tried to get through her scraggily caked hair to check her scalp,

"I think I hit my head a couple times at the POW camp." she admitted unsure.

"Any headaches?"

"Yeah...but I don't know if it's from dehydration or something else."

"Vomiting, dizzieness, etc? You're a medic you know the signs."

"I've been throwing up recently...don't tell the guys...I would go out adn say I needed the bathroom...didn't want to worry them." Eddie admited.

Charles nodded, "Remember every thing you say here is confidential." he promised as he wrote some stuff down and started to check her face.

Fitzgerald stopped once they were far enough from Eddie to give her privacy, looking down at Adrian with an attempt of a reassuring smile. "Your brother was sleeping earlier so we thought it best to let him sleep, but if it makes you feel better I can send someone to go and check on him." He doubted it would do any good, but just so long as it made it so Adrian would let him look him over.

"Yeah, you do that. Someone should have woken him up earlier. Once they check him over, tell the person to come and tell me how he is." Adrian frowned up at the nurse. He knew he was being rude, but he could not help but question the truth of Fitzgerald's words. First they take Seth away, and now he was being told they did not check his brother out because he had been sleeping.

Fitzgerald held back a small sigh. "Sit there until I get back." He motioned to the exam table and once Adrian took a seat he left the room. After finding someone and asking them to check on Seth, he returned to where Adrian was and began to look him over.

~~~~~~

Seth's eyes cracked open when the door to the room he was in squeaked. He saw a smaller individual walk in and another person standing guard by the door. He stared blankly ahead, but when the smaller guy said he was here to check him over, Seth's lip curled. The man hesitated then repeated his words and took a step forward. He was only try to do his job, but the Russian didn't look like a man who wanted to cooperate, which was exactly the case.

Sitting up a bit, Seth's eyes hardened into stones of cold fire. When the smaller guy continued talking and trying to get him to listen, Seth slammed his hand against the metal part of the bed, the sound making the room grow silent. His features grew slightly hostile as he began to stand up. This time the guy took the hint and left the room, the supposed guard giving a cautious look before closing the door. As soon as he was alone again, Seth dropped back down onto the bed.

Charles slowly worked his way through Eddie's examination. He wasn't fully checking everything and was prioritizing her injuries.

"We're going to have to use a lot of anti-septic to clean up all the cuts and such. It'll sting a lot, but we don't want infection to set in..." he explained, "We'll do that when we're done though. We'll also probably have to hook you up to an IV to properly rehydrate you. Since you've been throwing up we'll just have to see if you can keep stuff down." he added.

On the first run through he skipped her knee and went down checking her feet which were blistered and cut up. He then went up to her knee and unwrapped the rough bandage Eddie had put on a couple days ago. He frowned. Even though Eddie had tried to keep it clean it was obviously infected. The edges had a black green color and it was slowly oozing puss and other liquids.

"When you go to the hospital in Germany they are going to look into this more closely. For now we need to see how bad and far this infection spread, we'll need to clean it, and we'll need to start you on antibiotics. Judging from some of the things you've told me I'm worried it may have spread to your blood." he explained. He was writing things down and preparing to call the nurses and get things ready to take of Eddie.

"Oh fudge...that's bad..." Eddie muttered. The doctor nodded mumbling something about a blood draw to test stuff before turning to go,

"Hey doc...can I see Seth? I'm worried about him." she asked worriedly. Charles sighed,

"I'll see what I can do. Mean while a nurse is going to come in, draw you blood, help you get cleaned up, and see what we can do about hydrating and feeding you." He promised and then he left.

Eddie nodded and just sat on the edge of the hospital bed. She was nervous. Blood infections could be very bad. She hadn't even thought about how some of her symptoms lined up with that because she'd just put it down to being malnourished and dehydrated.

Eddie ran her hands through her greasy and dirty hair and sighed. Hopefully she'd be able to see Seth soon. And Adrian of course, but she felt more worried about Seth. Probably because he'd been acting off since Alkeav's death and she felt a deeper connection to him Adrian was kinda like a little brother, but Seth was something else. She couldn't quite place what, but it was different.

A nurse came in and Eddie leaned back as the nurse prepped her arm with rubbing alcohol and started to find a vein to get blood from.

Fitzgerald took a look at Adrian. Shorts would make this examination easier, but they didn't have any that would fit Adrian, so he grabbed a hospital gown out from under the bed. As he went to hand it the Adrian, the kid gave a shake of his head and stripped down to his boxers. Fitzgerald left the gown sitting on the bed just in case Adrian decided he wanted it later. From what he could see, the kid had some cuts and bruises and was thin, but there were no major physical injuries that he could spot.

"I am going to check over your head, see if you have any bumps or head pain, and then I will let you know what I will do next." He began to feel around Adrian's head the best he could, keeping an eye out for any reactions that might reveal an hidden injury.

With a frown, Adrian gave a small shrug. "I don't need you to tell me. Just do what you need to do and get it over with." He would rather not be here all day. The faster this was done, the faster he could eat something and see his brother, who was hopefully fine. And Eddie. He hoped her examination would go good.

Fitzgerald did as Adrian said and continued to check him over without speaking unless he had a question or concern. Adrian's head and neck seemed fine, but there was an infected cut on his arm. "When did you get this?"

Adrian looked at the wound Fitzgerald was talking about, noticing it was red and swollen and now that he was focused on it he noticed it had an odd smell. "Two days ago. I think." It was a small cut, and compared to Eddie's knee it was nothing.

"I will clean it once I finish the rest of the examination." Before he could continue, the man he sent to check on Seth came back, looking uncertain. With a glance at Adrian, Fitzgerald walked over and the two of them moved a bit farther away so the kid could not here them. After a minute both of them came over to Adrian. "Your brother would not let anyone look him over. I need to finish your examination, though."

Adrian gave Fitzgerald a light push, his eyes cold and unhappy as he looked at the two men. "Why wouldn't he let anyone help him? How do I know you are telling the truth. He was taken away from me and Eddie so I have no reason to trust you. I don't want anyone to touch me until my brother is ok."

The man who had tried to check on Seth was surprised to receive the same look from both the brothers. "Your friend Eddie wants to see Seth also. If I go and get him will you let Fitzgerald finish your exam? All I can do is try, so if he won't come you still have to finish your exam."

"Alright. That is a deal." Adrian watched as the man left and allowed Fitzgerald to continue the exam.

~~~~~~~

The man had to admit that he was a bit nervous to be going back in the room with Seth. The Russian nearly attacked him last time, but he had hopes that this time would be better since he was offering Seth something he no doubt wanted.

After getting permission to bring Seth to his friend and brother, the guy opened the door and stepped in, hating the way those blue eyes narrowed at him. "If you will cooperate, I have permission to take you to see Eddie and Adrian."

Seth's look changed instantly, all hostility vanishing as he sat up. "Ok."

The guy was relieved and led Seth out of the room and to where Eddie and Adrian were being checked out. He kept a close eye on Seth as they walked just in case the Russian tried anything, but as they walked he realized why Seth had refused medical help. He was looking at a man who had given up. No doubt the only reason he was still here was because of the two people he was currently being taken to.

The guy told Seth to wait, but Seth ignored him and walked past to where Eddie was, sitting down in the chair Adrian had sat in earlier. "You doing ok, Eddie?" To be respectful, he kept his eye on the curtain instead of looking at her.