In the Grasp Of the Enemy W/Icystorm

"A dispatcher is the person on the other end of the phone when someone calls 9-1-1. I'd be fielding calls, reporting stuff, and sending whatever EMS is needed out to the scene of the emergency." Eddie explained cheerily. She was excited about starting work, she needed something to distract her. Hopefully between her dispatcher training and work at the coffee shop she'd be too busy or tired to think about whatever was going on with her. Distraction probably wasn't the solution, but it was the only thing Eddie could think about that didn't involve talking to anyone or taking medication.

"Do you still like your job?" she asked him. Eddie wondered how far Seth was along with getting his citizenship. Or if he even wanted American citizenship.

It felt good to hear the excitement in Eddie's voice. It was reassuring that she might feel better soon, once she started work, and the dispatcher position sounded like something she would be really good at. "That sounds great. I think you will do good at a job like that." He hoped her medic skills would somehow come in handy for a job like that. It seemed likely they would, even if she was only going to be talking to people over the phone.

The nest question caught Seth off guard, and he wondered if she had a reason for asking other than to make small talk. "Of course. It feels good getting to see those kids almost every day, and the actual work isn't so bad either." He was learning a lot, and when it came to hands on experience, he found out he was a quick learner. "Why do you ask?" That wasn't something he wanted to ask, but it was out of his mouth before he could think and stop himself. He wasn't sure he really wanted to know the answer to that.

"I was just wondering...I mean I know it must be kinda different for you. Being in America and stuff..." Eddie explained. She was kind of worried about Seth. He didn't seem the type to be content holding down a steady job and stay in one place. It just didn't fit him...or seem to make him happy right now,

"Cause if you didn't we could find you another...maybe even one with travel if you get antsy."
she told him. Eddie wasn't sure what low level jobs included travel, but there were some. "Have you started studying for you citizenship test?" she asked him. She rea;;y didn't want Seth to have to leave. He was the only person she knew who could related to some of the stuff she'd been through.

Seth stared down at the table, really thinking about what to say. "No, I like being close to home. It's just making somewhere feel like home that is hard." Except for having to do more to be a productive member of society, he hadn't noticed many differences between being in America vs being in Russia. The longer he thought about it, the more he realized that wasn't true. There were some things in Russia he could never have here.

Frowning, he tried to focus on something else. "Yeah, a little bit. It is hard to learn some of that stuff, but I'm trying. Back home I knew everyone on the streets and who to keep an eye on or to ask for information, yet here I can't even remember the names of a few rich guys." He never was good at studying though. Like his job had taught him, he was a better learner when he wasn't trying to memorize something from paper and was instead being active physically.

"You'll get it. School wasn't easy for me either especially since it wasn't hands on. I was best in shop classes and such." Eddie sympathized. Eddie finished eating. Her plate still had food on it, it'd been a while since she'd cleaned her plate of food. Even with using a lot of energy for physical therapy she hadn't had the will to eat anymore than what would keep her going.

Pushing her plate aside Eddie looked at Seth. She was excited and anxious about tomorrow. She honestly didn't know how she would react to living away from the hospital. It worried her she was too messed up to survive on her own again. She understood Seth having a hard time feeling at home. living out of a van and in foster care sometimes had given her a very skewed definition of home. Her brothers had been the only things that made her feel at home when she was younger.

Seth hoped she was right, but it was also good to hear she was also hands on and had managed just fine. He supposed he could manage to learn what he needed if he put in a bit more work. It was either he passed the citizenship test or go back, and going back wasn't an option. He needed to be here to help Eddie through all this, until maybe she finds a special someone for herself.

Finishing his plate, he looked at Eddies, frowning slightly. Hopefully once she was out of here she would eat more, but if not, he would talk with her about it. If he was suppose to take care of himself, then so was she. "Is there anything you want to do for your first day of freedom tomorrow?" Their place was mostly ready, so if she did not want to stay there the whole time, he would be ok with taking her wherever she might want to go. Although, with how they both were mentally, it was a long shot she would want to do much around the town.

"I don't know. I didn't plan any shifts or anything...I didn't know how long the release paperwork would take. I guess we could just hang out. Do you work tomorrow?" Eddie asked. Eddie was starting to feel a biting anxiety about leaving the hospital. Her hospital life was predictabley boring. What if she didn't take living on her own well? She was struggling to sleep, couldn't even be in a shower without feeling claustrophobic, sometimes she felt severely depressed. Hopefully work would stop her focusing on everything. But what iff Seth didn't like living with her? Could she do this alone? What if Seth hated her or got angry because she had a lot more problems then when they were just surviving now?

Eddie poked at her food worried. She'd eaten most of it, but now her appetite was gone.

"We should get some sleep probably...or I should try...tomorrow's going to be long." she mumbled frustrated at herself.

"No. I took tomorrow off. I wanted to be around to help you get settled into the home. I'm not one for decorating, so I'd be good if we just hung out and maybe made the place more welcoming." For him it was the fine the way it was. He enjoyed the smell of dust (he cleaned that up the best he could) and did not mind a place looking a bit broken and dreary, but he doubted she was one for that. He wan't sure if she had any pictures, but they could find some way to make it nicer without having to spend much money, if any at all.

Since she really did not eat, he thought about saying something, but he decided to stick with his plan and wait. "Ok. Some sleep will be good for both of us." He picked up their trays and put them away before making his way back over to Eddie. "I'll walk back to your room with you if that's ok."

"OK, yeah let's go. Hopefully I'll be released by like 9 tomorrow? At least sometime in the morning. Then I can drive to the apartment. You can come by if you want or I'll meet you there." Eddie suggested rolling next to Seth. She got to the elevator and hit the button. It was a slow elevator and was busy right now. Leaning back she crossed her arms on her chest as she waited.

"Don't have much to decorate with right now. Maybe some photos?" she suggested. Honestly Eddie would rather just hang out, have time to rewind and just get settled in. She'd never lived in a non communal type environment. She was either in the van or somewhere with her family, the barracks with roommates, deployed and living in tents, or in the hospital with no privacy and sometimes roommates. Living with just Steh would be an adjustment. She signed up for work the day after tomorrow though and she'd need to figure out where everything was so she was on time tomorrow.

Seth did not like that it was busy, and for the first few seconds, he glanced warily at anyone who was near before forcing all his attention towards Eddie. "I can by here in the morning, and photos sound like a good idea." He did not have any of his family yet -perhaps he should get some- but he could also buy some random pictures to decorate with. Or anything that caught either of their eye. Surely he could afford a few small things.

Hearing the elevator ding for their floor sent a rush of relief through him. He got off with Eddie and walked with her, stopping just outside her room. "I suppose I better let you prepare for tomorrow and sleep." And he had to make sure everything was ready for when she showed up. He did not want to leave though, not without her at least. Even though it was only one more night until she was free of this place, it was still hard. At least once she joined him tomorrow, he could fill that void of wanting to keep her safe.

Edie rolled out out of the hospital front enterance. She'd been discharged this morning, on her lap was a small ziplock with her few toiletries she kept for the morning. She'd gotten her discharge faster then she thought, though there was an influx of patients expected so they needed to clear rooms and prepare for them to arrive. She'd called Seth on the room phone one last time to tell him when she got discharged. She needed to go to the VA office in the hospital and get her paperwork there started or sign something. She wasn't sure, but she went to get that done while she waited for Seth to arrive. It'd mostly been paperwork to set up her medical benefits since her disability rating had been established.

Now she was totally done, it was about 9:30 and she was outside the hospital waiting for Seth so they could go home. The idea of home sounded weird in Eddie's head. Even when she'd went to her family's for the holidays she'd been anxious and hadn't felt at home. How was this going to work out? Would she feel safe? Would the stress make things worse? Eddie leaned back in her chair her arms behind her head as she stared at a potted plant absent mindedly. She was really worried about how her life would turn out now she was injured and out of the Navy.