I'm Here to Kick Ass

"Oh my...!" Ryanne shouted, ducking into the car. As he hopped into the other side, she put a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" she asked, her voice a little shaky. "I can't believe that guy just flat-out attacked us."

He sighed, coughing up a bit of mucus but not much else. "Yea I'm fine... I'm pretty sure that was just a test...." Solomon replied glancing back to her and giving her a nod.

"Aw great," she groaned a little, looking down. "That means they're profiling you already, doesn't it? They'll pull up your information soon."

"And they'll see my service record..." He replied seeming confident. He took a glance to her giving a grin.

"Is that a good thing? Will they be scared of you or something?" she asked curiously. Though, the grin did give her some confidence.

He gave a small nod, "They should... I was one of those poor bastards they execute on tv... well that didn't work out so well for them..." He replied giving a small nod.

"That's oddly relieving," Ryanne told him, smiling a little.

He gave a nod, patting her shoulder again. "I told you I had a certain set of skills."

"I feel safe with you," she told him, giving him a thumbs up. "So don't let me down, alright?"

Solomon gave a small nod, "Got it..." He replied in return, giving her a thumbs up as well.

She smiled and when they got back to the apartment, she looked out the window of the car. "Do you think they're somewhere out here...?" she asked.

"After the show I gave them I don't think they'll show up for a while." Solomon replied getting out with a slight groan before getting the groceries from her.

"Did he hurt you badly?" she asked, getting out of the truck. She glanced at him with a worried expression.

"Only knocked the wind out of me, maybe bruised a rib... nothing more." He replied giving her a small confident nod.

"Alright," she said, still worried. She started walking back up to the apartment, glancing at him a little.

"A peek at a cat girl might help the pain though." He still teased, it made life easier when one could joke.

"Nice try," she said, laughing gently. "What would I get in return? I mean, at work I get tips, don't think I'll dress like that for free," she joked.

He raised an eyebrow, "Maybe a discount on my services." It was still a joke, he didn't truly expect anything like that from her.

"I'll think about it," she said, sticking her tongue out at him.

In her apartment, she started putting the groceries away. "Will you sleep tonight, or stay awake?" she asked as she put away the food.

He glanced to her, returning the gesture before he contemplated it. "I planned to secure the house and sleep, you know trip wires, old school alarms."