I'm Here to Kick Ass

"Alright, sounds good," she replied, leaning against her kitchen counter. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty?"

"Something to drink would be grand..." He replied with a nod, going about locking the door, checking windows.

"I hope juice is fine with you," she said, "Do you prefer grape or apple?" Ryanne laughed a little. "I'd offer you something more sophisticated, like wine or a beer, but I don't have any of that."

"Apple is fine, put some black pepper in it if you have some..." He replied with a small nod before laughing. "Beer... my dear... is not classy."

"Black pepper?" she wondered out loud as she pulled out the apple juice. She laughed a little. "Hey, beer is classy. Especially if you're living in an apartment where the neighbors always have keg-parties."

"Aye, it's delicious!" Solomon replied while he gave another quick nod. Soon enough he was giving her a shrug. "If you say so..."

She laughed and took him a glass of apple juice with black pepper. "Alright, alright. It's not classy, but whatever," she joked.

He gave a grateful nod and started to drink a smile crossing his face while he finished securing the apartment.

She sat on the floor, watching him as he went about securing things. "How many times have you done this before?" she asked.

"Like this... never... on a military base... four years..." He replied with a nod, "A lot less danger here..."

"Oh, I see." She leaned back a little, crossing her legs. "So... Do you have any family? Brothers, sisters, wives, ex-wives, kids?"

He raised an eyebrow while she questioned him, "Well... I have parents but other than that... nothing."

"Oh, I see," she murmured. She smiled a little and shook her head. "I'm sorry, if I'm bothering you with these questions, just say so," she apologized.

"You're quite fine, besides you've got to have some of those...' He replied with a small chuckle and a nod.

"Hey, don't you have any questions?" Reyanne laughed. "'Cause I've got plenty more!" she joked.

"Well, do you have a boy friend?" He questioned, figuring he should know if some random guy shows up at the door.

"No," she replied. "I... Uh... Haven't had a boyfriend in a while," she admitted, looking slightly embarassed.

He looked a bit surprised though he said nothing about it. "Even as a catgirl waitress?" He teased, "I figured guys would be fawning over you from that."

She blushed a little a laughed. "Yeah... Umm... A lot of guys do ask me out but... I'd rather not date a guy who asks me out while I'm wearing a cat-girl costume."

He couldn't help but laugh at the thought while he finished his drink. "I can see why..." He replied with a smile and a nod.