I'm craving a Band Rp! (All Female Rock Band Inspired by NaNa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

envogue

Rotten and Delicious
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
Closed!

First things first!

I'm really picky with who I will be accepting for this, and due to the niche nature of this kind of roleplay and my severe craving for it it will not be first come first serve, or even if we have roleplayed together type deal. Of course, I'd love if people show interest, but I want this roleplay to be a certain way and be long term, with a good pace and lots of progression and development for each character. The band will form in the roleplay and begin from the ground up, in a small town which I may or may not make up. >_> If anyone has seen my interest checks around you know I highly favor all female cast roleplays, where the majority is lesbian. While your character doesn't have to be lesbian, her being bisexual at least helps. :D

The Roleplay

Characters may or may not know each other when the roleplay begins, depending on the relationship of the characters. While the roleplay will be about about the band beginning their career and trying to go from no name status to super stardome, this is also about storytelling, character development, and the lives of the characters. I like drama. The more the better, so if you want to create a basic character that's not what I'm looking for. Is your character battling a drug addiction, but also a really talented song writer? That's just an example of making a cool character that is beneficial to the band, but also hazardous in their own way.

So far, I think the roleplay will begin with one of our character's putting up an ad seeking band members, and roommates. I think it would be easier if at least three of the characters live together, or whatever. I'm not using pre-made characters, but I am using pre-made personalities that whoever joins can build on to add more depth. If you don't like the pre-made personality types I'm open to suggestions! I'll make a little character sheet, spot for the sample post, etc.

My Expectations
I'm only looking for active players that can post at least once a week, and write at least two quality paragraphs on average. Band roleplays can grow stale and stagnant, which is why there will be a heavy emphasis on the characters and their lives as the band moves forward. Being able to bring in your own side characters that affect their story is a must, and the ability to comfortably write without an interaction. Not saying it will happen often, but it may happen during some scenes. I'll be NPCing band managers, producers, record labels etc but you're welcome to contribute if you have an idea for something.
Available Instruments

Guitarist
Bassist
Lead Vocals

Back Up (Isn't actually a separate instrument. Will go with one of the other instrumentalists.)
Secondary Vocals
Drummer
Lyricist(Like Backing vocals, it is not a separate instrument but something extra to do.)
Keytar/Second Guitarist
Band Leader (Like Lyricist and Backing Vocals.)

Personality Types

Sociable/Fun Loving/ Cutesy/
Arrogant/Cocky/Bad-Ass
Mysterious/Relaxed/Indifferent

Intelligent/Responsible/Mature
Femme Fatale/Sexay/Party Animal

Audition Character Sheet!

[Image: Anime pics only]

Name:

Height:

Personality:
(Which personality type are you going for? At least four sentences describing personality. The more the better.)

Instrument:

Sample Post:
(At least two paragraphs. Can be pre-written)

Last edited:
Reactions: FieryCold
Everyone's character looks delicious. Like food. It's just too much.

Last edited:
So, I have edited some things on the interest check and added another secondary vocals. I think it's pretty realistic since a lot of bands do this. Either they alternate for some songs, or both sing along to lead vocals. Mariko is gonna add the second secondary vocals.

• Useful
Reactions: Neyu
93b1114af1b9b46a30122a803803ecd0_bp.jpg

"The horns aren't real, I swear. They're just some prosthetics I was playing around with!"

Name:
Maya O

Height:
5'2"

Weight:
100 lbs

Personality Type:
Fun Loving/Sociable/Cutesy

Maya is an easy going, fun loving girl who upon first glance looks like a normal chick, but is actually quite the oddball. She enjoys sporting strange costumes and scary prosthetics around the house, most of which she makes herself. Despite Maya's appearance, she really does love socializing, getting to know new people, and trying new things. Her absolute favorite thing to do is special effect make-up, and she is always on the look out for new models for her costumes. Her new band mates look like the perfect candidates.

Waitress by Day
Stripper by Night

Instrument:
Lead Vocals

Sample Post:
Coming soon...

Last edited:
  • Love
I've added occupation to the CS. It goes underneath the personality type. For the most part I'd like no one to have a career that makes them rich, since I eventually want the band to become everyone's main source of income. That's all I ask. :D

I've added occupation to the CS. It goes underneath the personality type. For the most part I'd like no one to have a career that makes them rich, since I eventually want the band to become everyone's main source of income. That's all I ask. :D
That kind of works out with what I had planned with my character. :)

Also, because of this RP, I fill like I need to sit down and binge through Nana again. Curse youuuu!
Lol. I have wanted to rewatch it many times, but due to the ending I can't bring myself to do it.

It looks like the band is almost completely put together. Dun dun dun.

• Love
Velvet is going to be a stripper lol.
So is my char accepeted lol

@Sailor Moon just saw that your girl is a stripper too... we seem to always think the same thing in different ways lol. Velvet will be a Dj and a Stripper lol

Well I don't want a band of strippers, not that there would be anything wrong with it if it was, but i want variety. Can she just be a DJ and something else?

It would be a little too cliche If the femme Fatale is also a stripper. >_>

Last edited:
Reactions: MadKingJai™
Well I don't want a band of strippers, not that there would be anything wrong with it if it was, but i want variety. Can she just be a DJ and something else?

It would be a little too cliche If the femme Fatale is also a stripper. >_>
Ok Velvet will be just a DJ

Ok Velvet will be just a DJ
Okay. And nothing too fancy. She can be able to support herself, but I don't want anyone to be famous or super popular on start. :) To elaborate, the struggling artist is very much appreciated, because I want everyone to be building their characters up through out the rp.

Last edited:
Okay. And nothing too fancy. She can be able to support herself, but I don't want anyone to be famous or super popular on start. :) To elaborate, the struggling artist is very much appreciated, because I want everyone to be building their characters up through out the rp.
I know^^ u should know by now that my chars usually stay in the rules mostly lol in an rp.

Reactions: envogue
Hey Darling! Is it possible for me to play a male character?
He wont be in the band since what i understand is that the band is all female, but maybe he could just be a really close friend of theirs?

Hey Darling! Is it possible for me to play a male character?
He wont be in the band since what i understand is that the band is all female, but maybe he could just be a really close friend of theirs?
For what purpose? o.O

For what purpose? o.O
nvm o-o i noticed it was only fxf
i thought it was all genders and sexual orientations xD

So i was like hey! It would be cool to be that supportive male friend that back them up, find them some connections and even maybe add some romance for the bi sexual or straight characters xD

nvm o-o i noticed it was only fxf
i thought it was all genders and sexual orientations xD

So i was like hey! It would be cool to be that supportive male friend that back them up, find them some connections and even maybe add some romance for the bi sexual or straight characters xD
If there were going to just be a supportive character I wouldn't mind, but I'd like them to be female. :) In Nana there is a girl who isn't in the band and is just a friend and has her own storyline.

If there were going to just be a supportive character I wouldn't mind, but I'd like them to be female. :) In Nana there is a girl who isn't in the band and is just a friend and has her own storyline.
i really wanted a guy tho :P
I dont want to bother you guys further haha
I might consider female but ill see

can i know why absolutely all females?

Status
Not open for further replies.