I'm craving a Band Rp! (All Female Rock Band Inspired by NaNa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

envogue

Rotten and Delicious
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
Closed!

First things first!

I'm really picky with who I will be accepting for this, and due to the niche nature of this kind of roleplay and my severe craving for it it will not be first come first serve, or even if we have roleplayed together type deal. Of course, I'd love if people show interest, but I want this roleplay to be a certain way and be long term, with a good pace and lots of progression and development for each character. The band will form in the roleplay and begin from the ground up, in a small town which I may or may not make up. >_> If anyone has seen my interest checks around you know I highly favor all female cast roleplays, where the majority is lesbian. While your character doesn't have to be lesbian, her being bisexual at least helps. :D

The Roleplay

Characters may or may not know each other when the roleplay begins, depending on the relationship of the characters. While the roleplay will be about about the band beginning their career and trying to go from no name status to super stardome, this is also about storytelling, character development, and the lives of the characters. I like drama. The more the better, so if you want to create a basic character that's not what I'm looking for. Is your character battling a drug addiction, but also a really talented song writer? That's just an example of making a cool character that is beneficial to the band, but also hazardous in their own way.

So far, I think the roleplay will begin with one of our character's putting up an ad seeking band members, and roommates. I think it would be easier if at least three of the characters live together, or whatever. I'm not using pre-made characters, but I am using pre-made personalities that whoever joins can build on to add more depth. If you don't like the pre-made personality types I'm open to suggestions! I'll make a little character sheet, spot for the sample post, etc.

My Expectations
I'm only looking for active players that can post at least once a week, and write at least two quality paragraphs on average. Band roleplays can grow stale and stagnant, which is why there will be a heavy emphasis on the characters and their lives as the band moves forward. Being able to bring in your own side characters that affect their story is a must, and the ability to comfortably write without an interaction. Not saying it will happen often, but it may happen during some scenes. I'll be NPCing band managers, producers, record labels etc but you're welcome to contribute if you have an idea for something.
Available Instruments

Guitarist
Bassist
Lead Vocals

Back Up (Isn't actually a separate instrument. Will go with one of the other instrumentalists.)
Secondary Vocals
Drummer
Lyricist(Like Backing vocals, it is not a separate instrument but something extra to do.)
Keytar/Second Guitarist
Band Leader (Like Lyricist and Backing Vocals.)

Personality Types

Sociable/Fun Loving/ Cutesy/
Arrogant/Cocky/Bad-Ass
Mysterious/Relaxed/Indifferent

Intelligent/Responsible/Mature
Femme Fatale/Sexay/Party Animal

Audition Character Sheet!

[Image: Anime pics only]

Name:

Height:

Personality:
(Which personality type are you going for? At least four sentences describing personality. The more the better.)

Instrument:

Sample Post:
(At least two paragraphs. Can be pre-written)

Last edited:
Reactions: FieryCold
I shall be excited if this thing gets any attention at all. :>

Also, I think I'm gonna do lead vocals, because why not. :o Unless, you wanna? I kind of think whatever char you cook up would be a good lead singer lol. @VanillaCola

Edit: I'm still unsure about what my char will be doing in terms of instruments. Probably something + backing vocals.

Last edited:
Hey there, I hope I'm not being a bother and all, but you have my interest as well! You always hold the best of the roleplays, and I hope that I can be a part of your grand scheme of things.

A suggestion maybe, if you'd take it, and I can't claim this idea as my own, but you've mentioned that you will need roleplayers who can make their side characters to drive side stories, or just the general plot - in the character sheet, maybe you can randomly generate a certain 'clique' for each character. So for example, a character may be the intelligent/mature/responsible person, but they belong to a Sci-Fi Nerds group of people? I don't know if this really works, or if it's contradictory to what you may be looking for in a roleplayer, but just to throw some kind of curveball for the characters maybe to spicen things up.

Either way, accepted or not, I hope this gathers enough interest for you to take off!

Hey there, I hope I'm not being a bother and all, but you have my interest as well! You always hold the best of the roleplays, and I hope that I can be a part of your grand scheme of things.

A suggestion maybe, if you'd take it, and I can't claim this idea as my own, but you've mentioned that you will need roleplayers who can make their side characters to drive side stories, or just the general plot - in the character sheet, maybe you can randomly generate a certain 'clique' for each character. So for example, a character may be the intelligent/mature/responsible person, but they belong to a Sci-Fi Nerds group of people? I don't know if this really works, or if it's contradictory to what you may be looking for in a roleplayer, but just to throw some kind of curveball for the characters maybe to spicen things up.

Either way, accepted or not, I hope this gathers enough interest for you to take off!
Awe. Thanks! :D I'm feeling pretty good about getting your attention for this rp then. If you explain more about the randomly generated clique that would be awesome, because I'm not sure if I understood it right. :)

First things first!

I'm really picky with who I will be accepting for this, and due to the niche nature of this kind of roleplay and my severe craving for it it will not be first come first serve, or even if we have roleplayed together type deal. Of course, I'd love if people show interest, but I want this roleplay to be a certain way and be long term, with a good pace and lots of progression and development for each character. The band will form in the roleplay and begin from the ground up, in a small town which I may or may not make up. >_> If anyone has seen my interest checks around you know I highly favor all female cast roleplays, where the majority is lesbian. While your character doesn't have to be lesbian, her being bisexual at least helps. :D

The Roleplay

Characters may or may not know each other when the roleplay begins, depending on the relationship of the characters. While the roleplay will be about about the band beginning their career and trying to go from no name status to super stardome, this is also about storytelling, character development, and the lives of the characters. I like drama. The more the better, so if you want to create a basic character that's not what I'm looking for. Is your character battling a drug addiction, but also a really talented song writer? That's just an example of making a cool character that is beneficial to the band, but also hazardous in their own way.

So far, I think the roleplay will begin with one of our character's putting up an ad seeking band members, and roommates. I think it would be easier if at least three of the characters live together, or whatever. I'm not using pre-made characters, but I am using pre-made personalities that whoever joins can build on to add more depth. If you don't like the pre-made personality types I'm open to suggestions! I'll make a little character sheet, spot for the sample post, etc.

My Expectations
I'm only looking for active players that can post at least once a week, and write at least two quality paragraphs on average. Band roleplays can grow stale and stagnant, which is why there will be a heavy emphasis on the characters and their lives as the band moves forward. Being able to bring in your own side characters that affect their story is a must, and the ability to comfortably write without an interaction. Not saying it will happen often, but it may happen during some scenes. I'll be NPCing band managers, producers, record labels etc but you're welcome to contribute if you have an idea for something.
Available Instruments

Guitarist
Bassist
Lead Vocals
Backing Vocals(Isn't actually a separate instrument. Will go with one of the other instrumentalists.)
Drummer
Lyricist(Like Backing vocals, it is not a separate instrument but something extra to do.)
Keys/Other Instrument

Personality Types

Sociable/Fun Loving/ Cutesy/
Arrogant/Cocky/Bad-Ass
Intelligent/Responsible/Mature
Femme Fatale/Sexay/Party Animal

Audition Character Sheet!

[Image: I haven't decided if I wanna use anime or rl pics, so...put what you like and I'll tell you when I decide]

Name:

Height:

Personality:
(Which personality type are you going for? At least four sentences describing personality)

Instrument:

Sample Post:
(At least two paragraphs. Can be pre-written)

Ummm hell yes xD
Can I reserve Guitarist and Femme Fatale Personality^^

Definitely here for this^^

Ummm hell yes xD

The way I'm doing things is you submit your cs. I'm not taking reservations except to say you can submit the cs with the guitarist and femme fatale personality, but overall it's who I think is the best fit for the rp. :) Of course that doesn't mean I'm turning you away, just that it's not a for sure thing on who I will accept. :o I know that sounds horrible. But go ahead and put up your cs when you're ready. :)

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
Ummm hell yes xD

You always make good characters though, so it shouldn't be too hard to choose. :p

Also, for pics go with whatever feels natural between anime/rl because Idk if I want anime pics or rl ones yet. :o

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Okay will try and get her up tonight... but laptop is about to update so don't know how long that will take annoying xD.
But will do^^

@Sailor Moon I love this idea! Nana was such an amazing anime (I binged it on Netflix) and I would love to be a part of this with you. I'll do my best to make a great character! :3

Also, in terms of posting, I'm available to post once a day except most weekends since I have work, but even then I can use my phone and get a post in during my break so I can be pretty active.

Anyway, enough talk. I'll get working!

@Sailor Moon I love this idea! Nana was such an amazing anime (I binged it on Netflix) and I would love to be a part of this with you. I'll do my best to make a great character! :3

Also, in terms of posting, I'm available to post once a day except most weekends since I have work, but even then I can use my phone and get a post in during my break so I can be pretty active.

Anyway, enough talk. I'll get working!
I'm very excited to see what you come up with. :) Also, I've made a decision and am only accepting anime pics for appearance. Nana's ending for the anime left me unsatisfied, and the manga I didn't get too deep into which is a good thing I guess since the Ai Yazawa was unable to finish it. The movie was good though! Haven't seen the sequel.

• Love
Reactions: Neyu
I'm very excited to see what you come up with. :) Also, I've made a decision and am only accepting anime pics for appearance. Nana's ending for the anime left me unsatisfied, and the manga I didn't get too deep into which is a good thing I guess since the Ai Yazawa was unable to finish it. The movie was good though! Haven't seen the sequel.

Update took longer than I thought xD (It's Shattered lol), but working on Hopeful Femme Fatale Guitarist now^^

yeah the ending left me upset as well. I mean.... we were just left to assume things worked out. Ugh that show gave me so much stress lol

♪♦THE BOMBSHELL GUITARIST♦♪
#7300e6
sexy_anime_girl_by_briceadus-d945qrf.jpg
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀〈♦ VELVET LACE ♦〉▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

♫♦NAME♦♫
Velvet Raquel Lace

♫♦AGE♦♫
Twenty-Two

♫♦HEIGHT♦♫
5'11"

♫♦PERSONALITY♦♫
(Femme Fatale/Sexay/Party Animal)
There is no one that is probably more of a player and a flirt than Miss Velvet Lace. She can walk into a room and all eyes will be on her, if her attitude and mouth doesn't get her the attention... her overly revealing outfits will ALWAYS get people to stare her way. Velvet has always been a girl that did things her way and treated people the way she felt they deserved to be treated. Most people have given her the nickname "Purple Dominatrix" since she wears purple all the time and... well the other part is pretty obvious once you get to know her. Velvet knows how to work a crowd, her presence will always be known and attract a crowd without even trying. When she's not seducing some poor guy or girl, you can always catch the Sneaky Vixen either starting a party or crashing one. Velvet parties just like she flirts, hard and relentless.

Some people can't handle her carefree attitude towards most things, not being one for the drama and ridiculousness, she does things her way or no way. Velvet loves to have people fall to their knees when she's in charge, she takes the reins and holds on for dear life. If you want to have a good time and possibly get into trouble, Velvet is the girl to contact. She is a girl who loves to live life on the edge and to it's fullest, she doesn't think too far into the future... since it doesn't matter as much as the present does. She'll try anything at least once, the daredevil with a killer body is always up for a good time.

♫♦INSTRUMENT♦♫
Guitarist
Guitar: Hex-(Link)

♫♦SAMPLE POST♦♫
Waking up in a stranger's bed wasn't something new for the Brunette Bombshell, she had a long night and she would be having an even longer morning. Velvet Lace went back to some girl's apartment after partying a little too hard last night, and that's saying a lot for a girl that can drink four bottles of Vodka straight and not feel even a tiny bit drunk. She had a lot of fun... or so she thinks, since she only remembers flashes of the night. Moving her arms from under the plush blanket, Velvet rolled over and started to open her eyes. "Where... what..." Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, she looked around the room. "This is definitely not my place." She grinned.

Velvet looked to her side and saw a cute redheaded girl passed out next to her. "Guess I wore the poor thing out... nice." She smirked, before getting up and pulling on her clothes. Some would say that Velvet was a dude in a different life, the way she acted and treated men and women... but maybe it's just Karma for all the men who treated women badly... who really knows what's going on in the Brunette's head, not even Velvet knows most of the time.

Once she got herself together, she started heading out of the redhead's apartment. "Maybe I should at least leave a note or something." Shrugging, she looked around in the dresser next to the bed, finally finding a purple pen and a notebook. "Perfect." She wrote a short note that just said thanks for the night and see you later. Velvet was about to put the pen back, but decided to take it as a souvenir. "Later beautiful..." She whispered as she left the apartment, like a thief in the night... well morning in her case.

• Thank You
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: envogue and Neyu
@Sailor Moon if accepeted or whatever, I think I am going to have Velvet have a drinking problem (every band has one member that drinks too much xD)

Also, I think I'm gonna do lead vocals, because why not. :o Unless, you wanna? I kind of think whatever char you cook up would be a good lead singer lol. @VanillaCola

Edit: I'm still unsure about what my char will be doing in terms of instruments. Probably something + backing vocals.
I may take lead vocals, if no one else has. Lol, since you've said that whatever character I make up may be good with vocals, I think I may have to agree. If you or no one else is taking lead vocals, I'll do it. I'll try to get a CS up soon :)

@Sailor Moon Here's my completed Character. I chose to go with the Mysterious Bassist/Backing Vocals :3 Hope you like her!

copycat-759.regular.png

a64c050b6f43baa634c69de850e294fa_zpsdjjnxo04.jpg

copycat-759.regular.png

Rin Rose

copycat-759.regular.png

copycat-759.regular.png

5ft7in (173cm)/120lbs (54kg)

copycat-759.regular.png

Rin is quietly aloof and distant, often appearing bored and uninterested, as if nothing is worth her time and attention. She's not very social or outgoing, and is often falsely mistaken as someone who is shy, which is not the case. Rin simply cannot bring herself to feel or appear enthusiastic or excited about many things, even her one true passion; music. She was raised in a wealthy family that was very strict, and from an early age, she was molded by her parents to show little to no emotion or weakness. Rin is always really calm and relaxed, to a point where she may even fall asleep at sudden times and does such, resulting in people deeming her boring and not giving her their time of day. She doesn't have many friends, but she doesn't care. All she cares about is doing what she loves and so she carries herself with a sense of purpose and though she doesn't mean to be rude, she inadvertently tends to seclude herself away from people she doesn't care for.

copycat-759.regular.png

Bass Guitar Pictured Here & Backup Vocals

copycat-759.regular.png

Afuro.Terumi.full.1011073_zpsci7g3ueg.jpg

It was such a nice day outside. Not a cloud as far as the eye could see, and the sky seemed bluer than it had ever been before. Rin leaned back against the smooth luxury sofa she was sitting on, adjusting her position by throwing one leg over the other as she did. As she closed her eyes and dropped her head to rest at the back of the seat, all she could think about was how beautiful a day it was... and how she had to spend it inside, getting another lecture from her mother.

And the woman seemed to be getting louder by the second. It was getting harder and harder to drown her out.

"Rin are you even listening to a word I'm saying?"

A shrug was the woman's response, but she knew her daughter enough to know the meanings behind her gestures.

"Well then why does it seem to me that we have this same conversation over and over and over again? Your father and I cannot continue to support you for the rest of your life. You're growing older. You're an adult! It's time you started acting like it."

Rin sighed and ran her long, slender fingers through her bone-straight blonde hair. Her nails scratched gently against her scalp and the sensation quickly changed to a small itch, which she proceeded to scratch. As she did, she spoke, her tone was flat and sounded like she was bored.

"Look, if you're done, I've got some place to be like, yesterday." she said simply.

Her mother pinched the bridge of her nose, and it seemed the woman had just about as much as she could take. "Heavens! Why don't you just listen to me for once? The position at this company could mean great things for you. From here, you could do anything you ever dreamed of!"

In one fluid motion, Rin uncrossed her legs and stood, adjusting the neck of the black turtleneck tank she was wearing. She stuffed her free hand into the pocket of her low riding jeans and once she was done fixing her collar, the other hand followed suit. She turned her gaze towards the open window and looked down upon the tiny people and small cars that passed by on the road. She wondered how many of them shared her dreams. She wondered how many of them had given up on their dreams.

She wondered if she could ever do the same.

"It seems to me, mother, that the one's who don't listen are you and father. I don't really care what you say about this job offer or whatever, its' all bullshit. I just want to make music and I'll do it the way I want. I'll make a name for myself without your help."

Rin turned then and went to exit the room, leaving her mother stunned and speechless that her daughter had talked back to her for the first time in years.​

• Thank You
Reactions: envogue and Justin
Just putting it up now to show the gist of my character. Will add onto it later and add a sample post @Sailor Moon

---

e4df939bacd894e61498083bc5a1206e_bp.jpg

Name:
Mariko Goto

Height:
5'5''

Personality:
(Arrogant/cocky/bad ass)

Believing she's better than she probably is, Mariko has no problem with bragging and hyping herself up. She's aware of her skills, though often deludes herself into thinking she's God's gift to music. Her attitude often means she doesn't take into account the feedback and criticisms of others, though she has no problem with dishing out her own critiques. However, she's at least very confident, and doesn't let anyone or anything get in the way of her performance. Whilst she may often be blinded by her own arrogance, Mariko will stand up for her friends and show unyielding loyalty towards those she feels deserve it. If she finds a band that she fits into perfectly, then she won't be letting go of them any time soon.

Instrument:
Drums
Lyricist
Secondary vocals

Sample Post:
(Coming soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: envogue
Status
Not open for further replies.