I'm craving a Band Rp! (All Female Rock Band Inspired by NaNa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

envogue

Rotten and Delicious
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
Closed!

First things first!

I'm really picky with who I will be accepting for this, and due to the niche nature of this kind of roleplay and my severe craving for it it will not be first come first serve, or even if we have roleplayed together type deal. Of course, I'd love if people show interest, but I want this roleplay to be a certain way and be long term, with a good pace and lots of progression and development for each character. The band will form in the roleplay and begin from the ground up, in a small town which I may or may not make up. >_> If anyone has seen my interest checks around you know I highly favor all female cast roleplays, where the majority is lesbian. While your character doesn't have to be lesbian, her being bisexual at least helps. :D

The Roleplay

Characters may or may not know each other when the roleplay begins, depending on the relationship of the characters. While the roleplay will be about about the band beginning their career and trying to go from no name status to super stardome, this is also about storytelling, character development, and the lives of the characters. I like drama. The more the better, so if you want to create a basic character that's not what I'm looking for. Is your character battling a drug addiction, but also a really talented song writer? That's just an example of making a cool character that is beneficial to the band, but also hazardous in their own way.

So far, I think the roleplay will begin with one of our character's putting up an ad seeking band members, and roommates. I think it would be easier if at least three of the characters live together, or whatever. I'm not using pre-made characters, but I am using pre-made personalities that whoever joins can build on to add more depth. If you don't like the pre-made personality types I'm open to suggestions! I'll make a little character sheet, spot for the sample post, etc.

My Expectations
I'm only looking for active players that can post at least once a week, and write at least two quality paragraphs on average. Band roleplays can grow stale and stagnant, which is why there will be a heavy emphasis on the characters and their lives as the band moves forward. Being able to bring in your own side characters that affect their story is a must, and the ability to comfortably write without an interaction. Not saying it will happen often, but it may happen during some scenes. I'll be NPCing band managers, producers, record labels etc but you're welcome to contribute if you have an idea for something.
Available Instruments

Guitarist
Bassist
Lead Vocals

Back Up (Isn't actually a separate instrument. Will go with one of the other instrumentalists.)
Secondary Vocals
Drummer
Lyricist(Like Backing vocals, it is not a separate instrument but something extra to do.)
Keytar/Second Guitarist
Band Leader (Like Lyricist and Backing Vocals.)

Personality Types

Sociable/Fun Loving/ Cutesy/
Arrogant/Cocky/Bad-Ass
Mysterious/Relaxed/Indifferent

Intelligent/Responsible/Mature
Femme Fatale/Sexay/Party Animal

Audition Character Sheet!

[Image: Anime pics only]

Name:

Height:

Personality:
(Which personality type are you going for? At least four sentences describing personality. The more the better.)

Instrument:

Sample Post:
(At least two paragraphs. Can be pre-written)

Last edited:
Reactions: FieryCold
i really wanted a guy tho :P
I dont want to bother you guys further haha
I might consider female but ill see

can i know why absolutely all females?
Because I make my roleplays specifically for my taste and enjoyment. Usually because what I want isn't already created. If someone also shares those same interests and tastes then that's usually who I attract.

Imo there's plenty of mixed genders roleplays with mostly heterosexual characters and I feel like a randomly placed male who also isn't apart of the band in any way would disrupt the vision. :)

Because I make my roleplays specifically for my taste and enjoyment. Usually because what I want isn't already created. If someone also shares those same interests and tastes then that's usually who I attract.

Imo there's plenty of mixed genders roleplays with mostly heterosexual characters and I feel like a randomly placed male who also isn't apart of the band in any way would disrupt the vision. :)
Okok, so I assume you have no male for your roleplay. :)
Anyways, doesn't matter! I like the fact that you stick to your guns ;)

Okok, so I assume you have no male for your roleplay. :)
Anyways, doesn't matter! I like the fact that you stick to your guns ;)
There will be male side characters, but they won't be in the forefront of the rp. :) And ty.

Band name is gonna be Black Sugar. >_> But they will talk about it ic during the formation and decide on black sugar. <-<

• Love
Reactions: Neyu and Justin
Black Sugar!

The OOC. :) Please dump your character sheets there. We shall migrate there.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
So, I'm 95% sure the answer will be no, but it can't hurt so I'll express my interest anyway (assuming there are spaces left, and it's not just that the first post hasn't been updated)

So, I'm 95% sure the answer will be no, but it can't hurt so I'll express my interest anyway (assuming there are spaces left, and it's not just that the first post hasn't been updated)
Band members are all full! :<

Hm, oh well. You should probably update the first post then since it's showing open spots.

Ohmigawshh!! I am actually currently watching NaNa, and when I saw this I just died! I know it's full >.<
But if you ever need a side character (Rival, #1 fan, crazy ex, pet, anything!) , or if a spot happen to open up, i'd be happy to join!
As for now, I will happily stalk you guy's story if that's okay :3

Last edited:
Myka should play the Band's #1 Fan/Crazy Fan the girl that stalks them and tries to get into their house lol. That would be funny.

Ohmigawshh!! I am actually currently watching NaNa, and when I saw this I just died! I know it's full >.<
But if you ever need a side character (Rival, #1 fan, crazy ex, pet, anything!) , or if a spot happen to open up, i'd be happy to join!
As for now, I will happily stalk you guy's story if that's okay :3

Well, I was currently debating with the idea of letting a non band member join as a roommate like in Nana how Hachi is just friend and support system for the group. Head to the ooc or pm me and we shall discuss

• Love
Reactions: N4na
Drummer and Backing Vocals is available with the mysterious/relaxed/indifferent personality. PLz submit a CS for consideration.

Closed!

First things first!

I'm really picky with who I will be accepting for this, and due to the niche nature of this kind of roleplay and my severe craving for it it will not be first come first serve, or even if we have roleplayed together type deal. Of course, I'd love if people show interest, but I want this roleplay to be a certain way and be long term, with a good pace and lots of progression and development for each character. The band will form in the roleplay and begin from the ground up, in a small town which I may or may not make up. >_> If anyone has seen my interest checks around you know I highly favor all female cast roleplays, where the majority is lesbian. While your character doesn't have to be lesbian, her being bisexual at least helps. :D

The Roleplay

Characters may or may not know each other when the roleplay begins, depending on the relationship of the characters. While the roleplay will be about about the band beginning their career and trying to go from no name status to super stardome, this is also about storytelling, character development, and the lives of the characters. I like drama. The more the better, so if you want to create a basic character that's not what I'm looking for. Is your character battling a drug addiction, but also a really talented song writer? That's just an example of making a cool character that is beneficial to the band, but also hazardous in their own way.

So far, I think the roleplay will begin with one of our character's putting up an ad seeking band members, and roommates. I think it would be easier if at least three of the characters live together, or whatever. I'm not using pre-made characters, but I am using pre-made personalities that whoever joins can build on to add more depth. If you don't like the pre-made personality types I'm open to suggestions! I'll make a little character sheet, spot for the sample post, etc.

My Expectations
I'm only looking for active players that can post at least once a week, and write at least two quality paragraphs on average. Band roleplays can grow stale and stagnant, which is why there will be a heavy emphasis on the characters and their lives as the band moves forward. Being able to bring in your own side characters that affect their story is a must, and the ability to comfortably write without an interaction. Not saying it will happen often, but it may happen during some scenes. I'll be NPCing band managers, producers, record labels etc but you're welcome to contribute if you have an idea for something.
Available Instruments

Guitarist
Bassist
Lead Vocals

Back Up (Isn't actually a separate instrument. Will go with one of the other instrumentalists.)
Secondary Vocals
Drummer
Lyricist(Like Backing vocals, it is not a separate instrument but something extra to do.)
Keytar/Second Guitarist
Band Leader (Like Lyricist and Backing Vocals.)

Personality Types

Sociable/Fun Loving/ Cutesy/
Arrogant/Cocky/Bad-Ass

Intelligent/Responsible/Mature
Femme Fatale/Sexay/Party Animal

Audition Character Sheet!

[Image: Anime pics only]

Name:

Height:

Personality:
(Which personality type are you going for? At least four sentences describing personality. The more the better.)

Instrument:

Sample Post:
(At least two paragraphs. Can be pre-written)

*rushes in* Holy nuts.... Someone let the door in and now I stumbled upon this beauty. I shall have a drummer/ Mysterious/Relaxed/Indifferent up right away. *throws self at computer*

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php

1p7xn9.jpg

tumblr_nzp5kowcUZ1tvgx7uo1_1280.png

((Various hair/hair color changes))
| | |

1p7xn9.jpg

embed.php

Danielle Moore

embed.php

embed.php

6'0"

embed.php

If someone were to describe Dani in one word, they wouldn't really know what to say. She doesn't talk about herself much and really doesn't like to reveal much about herself anyway. She has been mistaken for much older than she is because of her calming aura towards other and level headed approach to all. She wouldn't describe herself as a introvert or an extrovert; which really perplexes a lot of people. Everyone loves to be around her and she's even seen as "cool" but no one can tell if she is enjoying herself or not. It's also hard to tell if she enjoys interaction with others or being a loner. Her usual content facial expressions don't assist in answering that question either.

In the presents of conflict, Dani will often associate herself on a side of neutrality. She doesn't like to get involved in things that she knows will probably just blow over anyway. She doesn't attempt to be the peacemaker or the voice of chaos; more like the middle man. If someone asks of her opinion, she will be honest and truthful. It's rare to see Dani outside of a normal comfortable mood which often makes people wonder; what's her life really like?

Something that often concerns others is how easily she can go without speaking her mind. She does in fact have opinions but it's not in her nature to tell anyone else; instead it is those idea's that she's expresses through her drumming and drawing. She never considered herself the "sharing" type nor does she intend on becoming alone.

embed.php

Street Artist /Designer

embed.php

My Brother's Keeper

embed.php

Dani hurried up the stairs of her run down apartment. Starving artists nowaday's couldn't really afford luxuries. Besides, she didn't intend to stay in this place for that long once she started making a comfortable amount of money. All things in due time really. She paused as she quickly made her way passed the strange neighbors door. She recalled his name quite fondly; Garison. She would often hear the middle aged man walking around drunkenly next door. She was pretty positive he was some sort of pedophile or at least had a negative police record. Creep. Once she reached her door she quickly walked in and tossed her bag to the side. She took a moment to take it all in. Home. However the relaxation didn't last too long. The ringing of her computer began to erupt through the halls. She recalled why she was in such a hurry to get home. She quickly went to the desk and opened the video call.

"Dani! Baby! Lookatcha! Grown and beautiful as expected."

She missed that voice. She nodded lightly and took off her large circular glasses to clean for a moment. 'Hi Michael... Oh wait. Sorry. What was your name again? Bonnie Bang?" She placed her glasses back on as she looked to the screen. Her twin brother Michael had just moved to one of the most lively cities around to start out his new career as a drag queen. Thanks to the support of his boyfriend and their retired parents overseas, he could start his dream. She appreciated that. Michael knew what he wanted to do at an early age and, like the good sister Dani was, she supported him as well. She even taught him how to do his own make-up and make fake butt and breast filling out of mattresses. Good times.

"Yeah that's right baby. Make sure you remember Bonnie Bang because one day, those names will be over all tv screens, stages, and private parties!~ Speaking of names, hope you like your new drumset. Knowing you, you probably started banging at'em."

"Yep. They are beautiful by the way. You really didn't have to buy them for me you know."

"Oh no sweat Dani Baby~. Look, I absolutely LOVE your sound. Guess you can thank your island roots for giving you such a funky beat, huh mama?"

Dani scoffed a bit. "Funny. I talked with mom and dad the other day. They said to call them. Your getting so caught up in your new found fame. Hopefully you don't forget about the little people, like the woman who gave birth to you and the man that helped."

"Yeah yeah. Geez. If your going to chew at my ass, ate least have a side salad first please. Besides, foreign calls are pricey. Please, Dani, teach them how to use new technology." He laughed. "So... You really loving this whole music thing huh? It's funny I never saw you... Ya know.... Enjoy something."

"Think of it as a second canvas." Truthfully, being at the drums gave Dani a feeling she couldn't quite describe; nor did she want to. Painting was nice and fashion was fun but being at the drums gave her.... A certain frequency that she had never been able to express before. It was an extension of her emotion; the ones she couldn't express.

Her brother smiled. "Look I gotta get going and get made up for my next show. Come out and see me sometime~. And keep practicing. I want you and your band of friends to play at my band ok?"

"Right. Knock'em dead."

((Annnd done! Wow and just before 2 am too. Go me. I hope you don't mind @Sailor Moon
I saw that Rin also had the same personality type so I just thought I'd make Dani a bit more on the positive-ish side so they both don't, ya know, be EXACTLY the same. If not, I can fix it. Or, if you don't want them having the same, I can give dani a completely different personality *shrugs*))

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php

1p7xn9.jpg

tumblr_nzp5kowcUZ1tvgx7uo1_1280.png

((Various hair/hair color changes))
| | |

1p7xn9.jpg

embed.php

Danielle Moore

embed.php

embed.php

6'0"

embed.php

If someone were to describe Dani in one word, they wouldn't really know what to say. She doesn't talk about herself much and really doesn't like to reveal much about herself anyway. She has been mistaken for much older than she is because of her calming aura towards other and level headed approach to all. She wouldn't describe herself as a introvert or an extrovert; which really perplexes a lot of people. Everyone loves to be around her and she's even seen as "cool" but no one can tell if she is enjoying herself or not. It's also hard to tell if she enjoys interaction with others or being a loner. Her usual content facial expressions don't assist in answering that question either.

In the presents of conflict, Dani will often associate herself on a side of neutrality. She doesn't like to get involved in things that she knows will probably just blow over anyway. She doesn't attempt to be the peacemaker or the voice of chaos; more like the middle man. If someone asks of her opinion, she will be honest and truthful. It's rare to see Dani outside of a normal comfortable mood which often makes people wonder; what's her life really like?

Something that often concerns others is how easily she can go without speaking her mind. She does in fact have opinions but it's not in her nature to tell anyone else; instead it is those idea's that she's expresses through her drumming and drawing. She never considered herself the "sharing" type nor does she intend on becoming alone.

embed.php

Street Artist /Designer

embed.php

My Brother's Keeper

embed.php

Dani hurried up the stairs of her run down apartment. Starving artists nowaday's couldn't really afford luxuries. Besides, she didn't intend to stay in this place for that long once she started making a comfortable amount of money. All things in due time really. She paused as she quickly made her way passed the strange neighbors door. She recalled his name quite fondly; Garison. She would often hear the middle aged man walking around drunkenly next door. She was pretty positive he was some sort of pedophile or at least had a negative police record. Creep. Once she reached her door she quickly walked in and tossed her bag to the side. She took a moment to take it all in. Home. However the relaxation didn't last too long. The ringing of her computer began to erupt through the halls. She recalled why she was in such a hurry to get home. She quickly went to the desk and opened the video call.

"Dani! Baby! Lookatcha! Grown and beautiful as expected."

She missed that voice. She nodded lightly and took off her large circular glasses to clean for a moment. 'Hi Michael... Oh wait. Sorry. What was your name again? Bonnie Bang?" She placed her glasses back on as she looked to the screen. Her twin brother Michael had just moved to one of the most lively cities around to start out his new career as a drag queen. Thanks to the support of his boyfriend and their retired parents overseas, he could start his dream. She appreciated that. Michael knew what he wanted to do at an early age and, like the good sister Dani was, she supported him as well. She even taught him how to do his own make-up and make fake butt and breast filling out of mattresses. Good times.

"Yeah that's right baby. Make sure you remember Bonnie Bang because one day, those names will be over all tv screens, stages, and private parties!~ Speaking of names, hope you like your new drumset. Knowing you, you probably started banging at'em."

"Yep. They are beautiful by the way. You really didn't have to buy them for me you know."

"Oh no sweat Dani Baby~. Look, I absolutely LOVE your sound. Guess you can thank your island roots for giving you such a funky beat, huh mama?"

Dani scoffed a bit. "Funny. I talked with mom and dad the other day. They said to call them. Your getting so caught up in your new found fame. Hopefully you don't forget about the little people, like the woman who gave birth to you and the man that helped."

"Yeah yeah. Geez. If your going to chew at my ass, ate least have a side salad first please. Besides, foreign calls are pricey. Please, Dani, teach them how to use new technology." He laughed. "So... You really loving this whole music thing huh? It's funny I never saw you... Ya know.... Enjoy something."

"Think of it as a second canvas." Truthfully, being at the drums gave Dani a feeling she couldn't quite describe; nor did she want to. Painting was nice and fashion was fun but being at the drums gave her.... A certain frequency that she had never been able to express before. It was an extension of her emotion; the ones she couldn't express.

Her brother smiled. "Look I gotta get going and get made up for my next show. Come out and see me sometime~. And keep practicing. I want you and your band of friends to play at my band ok?"

"Right. Knock'em dead."

((Annnd done! Wow and just before 2 am too. Go me. I hope you don't mind @Sailor Moon
I saw that Rin also had the same personality type so I just thought I'd make Dani a bit more on the positive-ish side so they both don't, ya know, be EXACTLY the same. If not, I can fix it. Or, if you don't want them having the same, I can give dani a completely different personality *shrugs*))
My only qualm right now is with the personality. I want her to be more mysterious, tbh. You could say anyone is mysterious just because they don't talk much, but it doesn't make too much sense to say everyone loves to be around here. :p Just mysterious/indifferent, even stoic would do.

Sorry I only made it like that since, ya know, theres someone else who shares the same personality. So, I didn't just want to repeat XD

Sorry I only made it like that since, ya know, theres someone else who shares the same personality. So, I didn't just want to repeat XD
They're not apart of the roleplay anymore. Whoever I accept is supposed to be replacing them :)

OH!.. Oh.. Well geez now I feel like... *flops* Well, perhaps a suggestion then? Maybe a ESFJ (Caregiver) or ESTJ (Guardian). I can see Dani being the more reserved and still putting others before herself. Probably self-esteem issures. Easily worried. Not a mom though. She's not to that point :P

Status
Not open for further replies.