• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Illusion Game II: School Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minori shivered, trying to get her own anxiety under control while Vivi attempted to manage hers. She didn't have a clue Vivi was having a panic attack, but could feel the girl's back against hers. Turning around, Minori grabbed the back of Vivi's shirt, cowering behind her. "I'm scared," she finally admitted. "E-Everyone else seems calm, but I just can't... do this..." She had no idea who she was talking to, if it was Vivi, James, anyone else nearby, or herself, but she mumbled the words to herself, hoping that if she admitted the truth out loud she'd be able to overcome it somehow.

While she cowered, Minori could hear James attempting to help Vivi while someone else attempted to help her by offering the girl... something to smoke? Strange tactics, but at least she had people around trying to help her. But as usual, Minori remained invisible. And in a way, she liked that...

Also, Minori voted for Annette. She always thought it strange how the woman had mentioned killing someone before. For all she knew, Annette could've been their enemy...

@Gummi Bunnies @Thuro Pendragon
Suddenly, Viviette further recalled the presence of Minori. She turned her head to glance at the girl, heart still racing. Minori seemed familiar, for some reason... Oh! She recognized her, now... She was that girl that she often ran into in the nurse's office. She was just as shy and awkward, socially, as Vivi was, from what she could tell... Just without the omniphobia, and the issues stemming from that.

Oddly enough, Vivi managed to muster a very slight, shaky smile. "It's.. It's okay... We- W-we have to be able to figure this out.. We've got some s-smart people here.." Oddly enough, Vivi got even more nervous, trying to talk to this other girl.. It was probably just how absolutely terrified and genuinely horrified and confused she was right now.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Thuro Pendragon

Minori shivered, trying to get her own anxiety under control while Vivi attempted to manage hers. She didn't have a clue Vivi was having a panic attack, but could feel the girl's back against hers. Turning around, Minori grabbed the back of Vivi's shirt, cowering behind her. "I'm scared," she finally admitted. "E-Everyone else seems calm, but I just can't... do this..." She had no idea who she was talking to, if it was Vivi, James, anyone else nearby, or herself, but she mumbled the words to herself, hoping that if she admitted the truth out loud she'd be able to overcome it somehow.

While she cowered, Minori could hear James attempting to help Vivi while someone else attempted to help her by offering the girl... something to smoke? Strange tactics, but at least she had people around trying to help her. But as usual, Minori remained invisible. And in a way, she liked that...

Also, Minori voted for Annette. She always thought it strange how the woman had mentioned killing someone before. For all she knew, Annette could've been their enemy...

@Gummi Bunnies @Thuro Pendragon

Tom, while waiting for Meira to respond to him, went towards another distressed student. For some reason he felt a calling to try to keep everyone calm. And focused on what needed to be done. But first, one had to be comfortable in their own skin. He went over to Minori.

"Hey there," Tom said, smiling at her, "don't be afraid. It's scary but we're all in this together. Anything I can help you with?"

He wondered where the school counselor would be, it seemed like it was his or her job to keep the student body from panicking. But Tom saw no issue with trying to help others on his own.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Alright, no tricks. Pity that I have to tone that down, because that was all I was good for," James shrugged, and since Vivi would hear this as well, he whispered for the two of them to hear,"I'll repeat this part. I'm not James Lancaster, I'm not someone you knew before... my real name is William Herondale, but if we're alone and away from those that want me dead for my strange behavior, feel free to call me Will. I'm... how should I put this... a Nephilim, a half-angel... that would explain why I was able to heal Vivi of the physical stress she felt earlier..."

"Oh, thanks. This should do," James nodded before wrapping the black cloth around his bleeding thumb.

@Thuro Pendragon @Hospes
She sighed and looked away. "And I'm half demon." She looked back. "Whatever you did helped. So I'm not going to complain that you're crazy. Just... don't go spreading your crazy around to the others or you'll get voted for. And I don't want that. At least not until I figure out what whether you're insane or the best liar I ever met."

@Gummi Bunnies
@Hospes

"Sooo... do you have some sort of cloth or bandaging? I guess I bit my thumb too hard, and I rather not lose too much blood," James says to Michelle as if it were a normal thing to talk about.

"Vivi, I know how you must feel about this... but its quite a pain to explain it all in one sitting. Just trust me... none of this that we're in... its not any good for us... that I'm certain," James was careful with his wording, and he knew that this would suspicious to some that he was suddenly acting so pleasant.

"To quote from another piece of poetry I know:

The ear of man cannot hear, and the eye of man cannot see;
But if we could see and hear, this Vision-were it not He?

Its fine to be confused, because I suppose I can explain little by little as time goes on. Is that fine with you, Vivi?"

@Thuro Pendragon @Hospes
Viviette was only further confused by this, and it showed. Her expression was a mix of fear, wonder, panic, and confusion. "That.. Th-that didn't answer my q-question," she finally spoke, softly. "I.. I-I at l-least wanna know why y-you're h-helping me.." she added, quietly. "Is this... I-is this some t-trick? Are.. Are you h-helping me to t-try to make me lower my g-guard..? T-to make me t-trust you, s-so you can t-turn around and.. A-and hurt me again..?"

Clearly, she was terrified. "I just.. I j-just want a-answers..." Even if they scare me.

Because everything does.

I.. I don't want to be scared anymore..

Suddenly, Viviette further recalled the presence of Minori. She turned her head to glance at the girl, heart still racing. Minori seemed familiar, for some reason... Oh! She recognized her, now... She was that girl that she often ran into in the nurse's office. She was just as shy and awkward, socially, as Vivi was, from what she could tell... Just without the omniphobia, and the issues stemming from that.

Oddly enough, Vivi managed to muster a very slight, shaky smile. "It's.. It's okay... We- W-we have to be able to figure this out.. We've got some s-smart people here.." Oddly enough, Vivi got even more nervous, trying to talk to this other girl.. It was probably just how absolutely terrified and genuinely horrified and confused she was right now.

Tom, while waiting for Meira to respond to him, went towards another distressed student. For some reason he felt a calling to try to keep everyone calm. And focused on what needed to be done. But first, one had to be comfortable in their own skin. He went over to Minori.

"Hey there," Tom said, smiling at her, "don't be afraid. It's scary but we're all in this together. Anything I can help you with?"

He wondered where the school counselor would be, it seemed like it was his or her job to keep the student body from panicking. But Tom saw no issue with trying to help others on his own.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Gummi Bunnies @Thuro Pendragon @Hospes @Wedge Antilles

Minori kept her golden brown eyes shut for a moment, tightly gripping the back of Viviette's shirt until she heard the girl speak again--actually addressing her. She opened her eyes and looked up at the girl, seeing her own face reflected in the girl's eyes. Minori realized she, herself, looked horrified, but that's not the only thing she realized upon looking into Vivi's eyes. The girl in front of her also looked horrified. She then remembered this girl. She was Viviette, the girl who she often saw keeping to herself.

The only time she had ever interacted with Vivi, that she recalled, was during a science class they had together where Minori was assigned her as a lab partner. The remembered that the two of them hardly said a word to each other for the longest time and simply did their work. Although anxious, Vivi seemed decent. She did her work and wasn't loud, obnoxious, or intimidating like many of her other peers.

"I-I'm surprised you can say that. You seem as scared as I am, maybe even more scared than I am," she said, averting her gaze after a moment. "B-But at least being scared together is better than being scared alone..."

After a moment, Minori realized another person had approached them. She looked up at Tom hesitantly. More people attempting to help only made the girl more nervous. "I-I don't need an--"

Minori coughed, gently clutching her chest after a moment.

Asthma

She could feel her asthma acting up due to the stress. Minori bit her lip, hoping she wouldn't have an attack here of all places. She didn't have her inhaler on her. It was all the way in her locker on the other side of the school...​

She sighed and looked away. "And I'm half demon." She looked back. "Whatever you did helped. So I'm not going to complain that you're crazy. Just... don't go spreading your crazy around to the others or you'll get voted for. And I don't want that. At least not until I figure out what whether you're insane or the best liar I ever met."

@Gummi Bunnies
@Hospes
"I heard you, so I'll keep that in mind. Not sure if I can keep up with being the juvenile to keep others from noticing the difference, but whatever would keep me around to be of service," James says to her with a wink.

Viviette was only further confused by this, and it showed. Her expression was a mix of fear, wonder, panic, and confusion. "That.. Th-that didn't answer my q-question," she finally spoke, softly. "I.. I-I at l-least wanna know why y-you're h-helping me.." she added, quietly. "Is this... I-is this some t-trick? Are.. Are you h-helping me to t-try to make me lower my g-guard..? T-to make me t-trust you, s-so you can t-turn around and.. A-and hurt me again..?"

Clearly, she was terrified. "I just.. I j-just want a-answers..." Even if they scare me.

Because everything does.

I.. I don't want to be scared anymore..

"...I wished to help you Vivi... At least that way, I can make up for the wrongs I've done towards you, even if I don't exactly remember my own reasonings before to do those atrocities to you. Actions speak better than 'sorry,' so that is my apology, or at least one of the many apologies to make up for you," James spoke with a gentle tone for her.

It was only then he noticed Minori. He did a simple gesture to her, hopefully she didn't hear much of his words...

@Thuro Pendragon @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Ambidexterity"

Horatio was found by Umeko, Aaron, and Adrian soon enough. His face looked a bit red due to the heat of the gymnasium. "Have you been fighting the good fight?" he asked. He waited for the inevitable report, but the arrival of someone on the stage pulled his attention away.

The students had become eager to learn who would be this year's Prom King and Queen. Lena Watson, a member of the student council, was the one on stage to announce the results. The music died down as she began to speak. "Thank you all so much for having such a great time!" the girl exclaimed. "The council would like to extend our thanks to each and every one of you for making tonight the best that it could be! Midwich is awesome! Go Cuckoos! Hehe!" Deanna practically puffed up like a peacock, having already expected to win. She strut out into the centre of the gym, spinning slightly to show off her dress yet again.

"I know you're all excited to hear who this year's Prom King and Queen are! Wooo!" There was a spattering of excitement coming from the students, indicating Lena to get on with it. "All right, this year's Prom Queen is..." Lena paused to read off the card and the audience practically held in their breath. Kyle manoeuvred about the gym to make sure he had a good shot of Lena with his video camera. "... Umeko Moe?" Lena obviously sounded confused-- she had no idea who Umeko even was. Two television screens on either side of the gym turned on to show a close-up of Umeko. The cameras in the gym were focused entirely on her. "W-Well, congratulations! Before you come on up, let's announce the King!" Before the girl could continue, she found that Deanna was furious. She screamed at Lena to stop it with the practical joke. Her boyfriend, Damien, didn't look much too pleased either. "I'm sorry!" Lena bleated, sounding like a defeated goat. "I'm sure Umeko won fairly!"

"I better be the King!" Damien demanded. "And Deanna must be the Queen!"

Lena only stood with her mouth open. "U-Umm... okay! The King is..." Lena pulled out the card, but her face noticeably paled at what she read. When someone yelled at her to spit it out, Lena nervously uttered, "James Lancaster!"

One of the television screens changed to show James, his identity obvious now despite the mask. The crowd of students booed, of all things. Horatio became alert, crying, "James is here?! That menace to society must be stopped!" Jake moved in to calm down the mess with the other faculty, but found himself pushed away by Kristoff, who was demanding a recount on behalf of his friends. Jake pulled back, standing near Viviette and Brian.

"Stay behind me," he quietly said to them. Over the din of yelling came a sudden scream, though no one was quite sure where it was coming from. Jake looked off to the side to see a bunch of students running from the sides of the gym.

"It's coming from the vents!" screamed one girl. Everyone's attention turned now to find a sort of mist seeping into the gymnasium. The entire student body broke out into the chaos at this as they rushed to the doors of the gymnasium.

"Everyone calm yourselves at once!" demanded Brennan, but his command fell on deaf ears.

Kristoff smashed into one of the doors, but found it didn't budge. He continued to bang on the door, but found it wouldn't open no matter how much weight he threw against it. In fact, none of the doors would open, and the students who were breathing in the mist were dropping to the floor. The screaming and panic inevitably died down as the students were put to sleep one by one. Horatio, somehow one of the last to succumb to the gas, crawled across the floor in order to get to one of the doors. Grunting, soon he too was passed out on the ground.

"Everyone," cried Horatio. "Please wake up!" Having been the first to awake, the boy began awaking others, who were mostly groggy from the sleep. Eventually, one girl started screaming, which quickly awoke the rest of the group.

Everyone was still in the gym. Someone moved to the gym doors and found that they still wouldn't budge. It seemed nothing had changed.

... Except, 26 people within the gymnasium now wore bracelets on their arms. The 26th person with a bracelet was none other than Jake Cline, your school nurse.

DNFSaN8.png

Try as hard as you might, these bracelets weren't coming off.

"The televisions!" cried Kristoff, pointing to one of the screens, which were both now displaying static.

JUK4LV0.png

The static gave way for for a vague silhouette of a person, though it's hard to tell their identity, or even their gender. On the intercoms was a sudden bout of static, followed by, "Finally, you are awake." The voice sounds obviously digitally altered to be anonymous.. "I am the overseer, and what you are all now a part of is something bigger than yourselves."

The gym was deathly silent, waiting for the voice to continue. "... While you are all now participants in a game, only 26 of you are the actual players. For the sake of clarity, I will refer to those with bracelets as players, and those without bracelets as non-players."

"What the shit!" Deanna cried. "A game? Is this some kind of joke?"

"Is the principal behind this?" Damien asked.

"The commander would never do such a thing!" cried Horatio.

Brennan practically growled. "Everyone shut up!" he yelled.

The voice continued. "Phase one of the game is simple, and it is the first step to escaping the school. Among the 26 players are three agents-- players who essentially represent myself in this game. While all players will work together to complete the game, if any of my agents make it to the end, only they will survive."

There was a sudden bout of verbal dissent at that notion, but more demands of keeping quiet kept everyone's mouths shut. "Right now, we will hold a vote between the players to determine who they think are one of my agents. It's a tough decision, so I shall give the players a clue... Look for those among you acting different than usual. My agents are masters of trickery, and will likely try to trick the other players and cloud their minds. Once the vote is complete, we will move on to the next phase of the game. You have thirty minutes to make your votes. Just use the right button on your bracelets to cycle through the names on the interface, then press the left button to vote."

As the television screen began to fade to black, the intercom said one last thing. "In honor of your Prom King and Queen, you may not place a vote for either of them during this initial round of voting. Those of you who don't vote will face dire consequences."

Silence for a few precious seconds, and then-- "This is sick!" Deanna was practically wailing as she held up her cellphone. "I can't get a signal! This is disgusting!" She turned on the nearest person with a bracelet, Tom, and screamed at him. "Hurry and vote so we can get out of here!"
Jason was about to help Minori out of her coat when Lena announced the names of the newly elected Prom King and Queen. The jock tensed and his eyes widened when James Lancaster was declared Prom King.

However, before Jason could even react the entire gym erupted into utter chaos. Students were running to the doors or trying to find other means of escaping. He quickly looked over to his side where Minori had been only to find her nowhere in sight.

"Minori!" He called out, scanning and searching the crowd for his date. "Minori!" He hollered over and over until his throat sore. Jason, for an unexplained reason, suddenly experienced a feeling of vertigo before blacking out.

"The galaxy is a cold, unforgiving place. But, if you know your way around and don't act like a fool, it can benefit you greatly."

Jason awoke in a cold sweat and breathing heavily, having just experienced from the most strangest yet realistic dream he's ever had. He was lying against a wall and wearing some weird digital watch.

Suddenly, the televisions flickered on and a silhouette figure spoke. He frowned at the mysterious figure's words. What kind of sick person would this? However, that didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was that he needed to get himself and the others out of the school.

Jason made a loud grunt as he got up before gasping upon seeing that Minori was having an asthma attack.

"Minori!" He exclaimed, running to her aid and placing his hands on her back and chest. "Try to slowly breathe in and out." He instructed before asking, "Where's your inhaler?"
@Atomyk @BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Josh M @Any who I forgot to tag (sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron breathed for a moment, then finally stood up. He shouted. "Everyone, who here is the smallest? I have an idea!"

Minori kept her golden brown eyes shut for a moment, tightly gripping the back of Viviette's shirt until she heard the girl speak again--actually addressing her. She opened her eyes and looked up at the girl, seeing her own face reflected in the girl's eyes. Minori realized she, herself, looked horrified, but that's not the only thing she realized upon looking into Vivi's eyes. The girl in front of her also looked horrified. She then remembered this girl. She was Viviette, the girl who she often saw keeping to herself.

The only time she had ever interacted with Vivi, that she recalled, was during a science class they had together where Minori was assigned her as a lab partner. The remembered that the two of them hardly said a word to each other for the longest time and simply did their work. Although anxious, Vivi seemed decent. She did her work and wasn't loud, obnoxious, or intimidating like many of her other peers.

"I-I'm surprised you can say that. You seem as scared as I am, maybe even more scared than I am," she said, averting her gaze after a moment. "B-But at least being scared together is better than being scared alone..."

After a moment, Minori realized another person had approached them. She looked up at Tom hesitantly. More people attempting to help only made the girl more nervous. "I-I don't need an--"

Asthma

She could feel her asthma acting up due to the stress. Minori bit her lip, hoping she wouldn't have an attack here of all places. She didn't have her inhaler on her. It was all the way in her locker on the other side of the school...​
Viviette was.. too terrified to maintain eye contact. It was one of many things that terrified her, and she literally couldn't maintain it more than a few fleeting moments; it was a sign of submission, this inability. But, she did feel Minori gripping her jacket, making her more nervous and flustered than before. But, she managed to swallow the lump in her throat, trying to keep the smile there for the sake of the other girl. Minori, she believed her name was, from the time they worked together.. She seemed almost as afraid as Viviette felt.

And Viviette didn't want anyone to ever have to feel that.

Maybe that's why she wanted to help so badly.. Or it was just because Vivi always wanted to help, but was simply too afraid to.

The smile turned to a flustered one, at Minori's observation. She looked down, biting her lip. "I-.. I-I'm always s-scared. I.. I guess you c-could say I'm k-kinda u-used to i-it.." she admitted, seeming ashamed of the fear. She did nod slightly at Minori's comment, after a few minutes. It was a slow nod.. As though the girl had never thought of it that way, and Minori had opened her eyes to something deep.

Immediately, Vivi went on alert, eyes widening. It wasn't hard for her to figure out what was happening, considering Vivi had hyperventilated countless times before. She went into another panic, immediately leaping into action. "Uhh.. U-uh... Oh!" Suddenly recalling the fact she'd brought her bag with her, she scrambled it's contents, producing her inhaler. With a shaking hand, she scrambled to give it to Minori. "God, I.. P-please tell me you use Albuterol, too.." she muttered, pleadingly.

If not, she was screwed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Asthma

Viviette was.. too terrified to maintain eye contact. It was one of many things that terrified her, and she literally couldn't maintain it more than a few fleeting moments; it was a sign of submission, this inability. But, she did feel Minori gripping her jacket, making her more nervous and flustered than before. But, she managed to swallow the lump in her throat, trying to keep the smile there for the sake of the other girl. Minori, she believed her name was, from the time they worked together.. She seemed almost as afraid as Viviette felt.

Maybe that's why she wanted to help so badly.. Or it was just because Vivi always wanted to help, but was simply too afraid to.

The smile turned to a flustered one, at Minori's observation. She looked down, biting her lip. "I-.. I-I'm always s-scared. I.. I guess you c-could say I'm k-kinda u-used to i-it.." she admitted, seeming ashamed of the fear. She did nod slightly at Minori's comment, after a few minutes. It was a slow nod.. As though the girl had never thought of it that way, and Minori had opened her eyes to something deep.

Immediately, Vivi went on alert, eyes widening. It wasn't hard for her to figure out what was happening, considering Vivi had hyperventilated countless times before. She went into another panic, immediately leaping into action. "Uhh.. U-uh... Oh!" Suddenly recalling the fact she'd brought her bag with her, she scrambled it's contents, producing her inhaler. With a shaking hand, she scrambled to give it to Minori. "God, I.. P-please tell me you use Albuterol, too.." she muttered, pleadingly.

If not, she was screwed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Tom couldn't recognize anything other than an obvious difficulty in breathing. Whether it was shortness of breath, or something more serious, he acted on it right away. He remembered his CPR training in health class well, so he took a deep breath to calm himself and went through the steps he remembered. He laid Minori down on her back, and pointed her chin up as much as possible to clear her airway as much as possible. He didn't have a breathing filter with him, and looking around the gym there didn't seem to be a first aid kit in plain sight. And every second counts with regards to saving a patient.

So Tom went ahead and put his mouth to Minori's, delivering a hard, deep breath to her lungs. He looked to see if her chest would rise from the air delivery, and he wasn't sure. Maybe? He let his mouth go from hers, and observed her. "Are you okay, Minori?", he asked. If she didn't answer, he was prepared to do the next steps of CPR.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies
It didn't take long for James to realize that Minori was starting to have an asthma attack. He had the urge to go up there and do the same for her as he did for Vivi, but he didn't want to be risked for the suspicion for knowing something like that. The best he could do was allow those that knew how to properly treat her to do their thing.

"... dammit," James briefly cursed, and surely enough this whole situation was escalating into some bad events to occur. James was sure of it. It was going to be rough...

He kept to himself, not wanting to put too much attention to himself. Yet, while his worries were at the top for all of them being stuck here, he did feel that there were some others that would question on how exactly he helped Vivi. It was all one huge clusterfuck, as the prior James would say.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles @Thuro Pendragon @Emperor of Gallifrey @others​

"I heard you, so I'll keep that in mind. Not sure if I can keep up with being the juvenile to keep others from noticing the difference, but whatever would keep me around to be of service," James says to her with a wink.

"...I wished to help you Vivi... At least that way, I can make up for the wrongs I've done towards you, even if I don't exactly remember my own reasonings before to do those atrocities to you. Actions speak better than 'sorry,' so that is my apology, or at least one of the many apologies to make up for you," James spoke with a gentle tone for her.

It was only then he noticed Minori. He did a simple gesture to her, hopefully she didn't hear much of his words...

@Thuro Pendragon @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Viviette was further confused by this... But slowly nodded. It made absolutely no sense, whatsoever.. But she was too stressed, terrified, and focused on Minori to really think hard on the matter.​

Jason was about to help Minori out of her coat when Lena announced the names of the newly elected Prom King and Queen. The jock tensed and his eyes widened when James Lancaster was declared Prom King.

However, before Jason could even react the entire gym erupted into utter chaos. Students were running to the doors or trying to find other means of escaping. He quickly looked over to his side where Minori had been only to find her nowhere in sight.

"Minori!" He called out, scanning and searching the crowd for his date. "Minori!" He hollered over and over until his throat sore. Jason, for an unexplained reason, suddenly experienced a feeling of vertigo before blacking out.

"The galaxy is a cold, unforgiving place. But, if you know your way around and don't act like a fool, it can benefit you greatly."

Jason awoke in a cold sweat and breathing heavily, having just experienced from the most strangest yet realistic dream he's ever had. He was lying against a wall and wearing some weird digital watch.

Suddenly, the televisions flickered on and a silhouette figure spoke. He frowned at the mysterious figure's words. What kind of sick person would this? However, that didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was that he needed to get himself and the others out of the school.

Jason made a loud grunt as he got up before gasping upon seeing that Minori was having an asthma attack.

"Minori!" He exclaimed, running to her aid and placing his hands on her back and chest. "Try to slowly breathe in and out." He instructed before asking, "Where's your inhaler?"
@Atomyk @BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Josh M @Any who I forgot to tag (sorry)

If not, she was screwed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
It didn't take long for James to realize that Minori was starting to have an asthma attack. He had the urge to go up there and do the same for her as he did for Vivi, but he didn't want to be risked for the suspicion for knowing something like that. The best he could do was allow those that knew how to properly treat her to do their thing.

"... dammit," James briefly cursed, and surely enough this whole situation was escalating into some bad events to occur. James was sure of it. It was going to be rough...

He kept to himself, not wanting to put too much attention to himself. Yet, while his worries were at the top for all of them being stuck here, he did feel that there were some others that would question on how exactly he helped Vivi. It was all one huge clusterfuck, as the prior James would say.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles @Thuro Pendragon @Emperor of Gallifrey @others​

@Hospes @Thuro Pendragon @Wedge Antilles @Emperor of Gallifrey

Minori looked at Vivi, finding the girl's shaky words sincere. Viviette was very afraid, but somehow the girl's fear was a comfort to Minori. It was nice knowing she wasn't the only one who felt afraid, and somehow that made her feel a little better.

"Me too," Minori wanted to reply, only to feel her words catch in her throat. She couldn't speak anymore, and suddenly it was quite hard to breathe. As Minori feared, she had begun to have an asthma attack. She gripped onto Vivi's wrist, eyes large with distress. Until she heard Jason call out to her.

Minori whipped her head around and shrugged her shoulders, trying to communicate that she didn't have it. She grabbed her throat, trying to take deep breathes as Jason reminded her too, but found it impossible.

The girl quivered. Only once had she lost her inhaler when she needed it, when she was younger, and it was the scariest moment of her life. She didn't want to relive that fear. She clenched her fists tight and shut her eyes, hoping the moment would pass.

Meanwhile, Vivi, the other fearful girl, seemed to spring into action, relaying to them that she had an inhaler of her own. She nodded vigorously. Albuterol was exactly what she needed. She moved toward Vivi, hoping she could use the inhaler, but felt light headed--actually causing her to fall against the other girl. If she didn't get enough air in another minute or so, Minori would pass out.

If not, she was screwed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Minori looked at Vivi, finding the girl's shaky words sincere. Viviette was very afraid, but somehow the girl's fear was a comfort to Minori. It was nice knowing she wasn't the only one who felt afraid, and somehow that made her feel a little better.

"Me too," Minori wanted to reply, only to feel her words catch in her throat. She couldn't speak anymore, and suddenly it was quite hard to breathe. As Minori feared, she had begun to have an asthma attack. She gripped onto Vivi's wrist, eyes large with distress. Until she heard Jason call out to her.

Minori whipped her head around and shrugged her shoulders, trying to communicate that she didn't have it. She grabbed her throat, trying to take deep breathes as Jason reminded her too, but found it impossible.

The girl quivered. Only once had she lost her inhaler when she needed it, when she was younger, and it was the scariest moment of her life. She didn't want to relive that fear. She clenched her fists tight and shut her eyes, hoping the moment would pass.

Meanwhile, Vivi, the other fearful girl, seemed to spring into action, relaying to them that she had an inhaler of her own. She nodded vigorously. Albuterol was exactly what she needed. She moved toward Vivi, hoping she could use the inhaler, but felt light headed--actually causing her to fall against the other girl. If she didn't get enough air in another minute or so, Minori would pass out.
Jason gently lowered Minori to the flower, resting her head on Vivi's lap and holding her hand.
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes

Last edited by a moderator:

The fact that Minori was clearly getting worse caused Viviette's stress, fear, and panic to rise. She felt herself tense when Minori grabbed onto her... But knew the other girl wasn't going to hurt her. Despite, the grip happened to land on the bruise where James had held her down caused pain to shoot through her, making her yelp slightly.

Despite, Vivi wasn't letting go so easily.

Violent trembling starting back up again, Vivi fumbled for a tighter grip on the inhaler as she felt Minori fall against her lap. If the entirety of her focus weren't on saving Minori, she would've been blushing like crazy. Instead, she managed to get a firm grip, being as gentle and cautious as she could in taking to putting the inhaler into Minori's mouth, making sure Minori's lips clamped around it, and giving it a first puff. After letting this linger an appropriate amount of time, she gave it another; since, typically, two puffs was a minimal dose.

Somehow, Vivi's shaking didn't drastically affect how she managed treating Minori.

"P-please w-work.." she murmured, to no one in particular, still shaking.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Thuro Pendragon @Emperor of Gallifrey

"Apparently, we can't bust out, dear. The football team tried to ram the doors but that obviously failed," Kisho replied as he continued to hand out bottles of water. Soon, he had run out of the containers, leaving the team to have to fill the used bottles back up. Turning to Avia, he crossed his arms and gave a shake of his head, "Something tells me Miss LuAnn is a part of this. However, if you believe someone else is to blame, I will side with your vote."
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician @Anyone else

Avia frowned, rubbing her forehead before shrugging a little "I haven't thought of anyone so far... But, I'll keep thinking..." she murmured as she put a hand to her chin, starting to comb through what had happened the past few days... Who would be the most likely suspects around here? She couldn't really be sure who had showed sudden changes in their behavior as of yet, but, perhaps it was because she hadn't been paying too much attention? At any rate, she'd need to think of something soon, she wasn't sure how long they'd be stuck in here otherwise.​

The football team were feeling better after being given something to drink. They seemed intent on trying to break the doors down again, but Jake stepped in to stop them. "Please, everyone. You need to keep your strength up. We don't know if we'll have access to the cafeteria any time soon. Besides..." The nurse looked down at his bracelet. "... We don't have enough time left to try ramming it down again. All that really remains is to vote."

Brennan overheard this, and stepped forward. "That's right. Vote for yourselves if you have to, just vote and get this over with. Comply with the madman and maybe he'll give us some leeway! That's what you do when you are hostages!" He was directing this at the remaining players who had not voted.

@york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mirage @Emperor of Gallifrey @Mighty Roman @DapperDogman @FireDrake150 @Jeremi @Josh M @Dinoteen @Nassi @theryanjake11 @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Brother Gabriel @Thuro Pendragon @Gummi Bunnies

The football team were feeling better after being given something to drink. They seemed intent on trying to break the doors down again, but Jake stepped in to stop them. "Please, everyone. You need to keep your strength up. We don't know if we'll have access to the cafeteria any time soon. Besides..." The nurse looked down at his bracelet. "... We don't have enough time left to try ramming it down again. All that really remains is to vote."

Brennan overheard this, and stepped forward. "That's right. Vote for yourselves if you have to, just vote and get this over with. Comply with the madman and maybe he'll give us some leeway! That's what you do when you are hostages!" He was directing this at the remaining players who had not voted.

@york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mirage @Emperor of Gallifrey @Mighty Roman @DapperDogman @FireDrake150 @Jeremi @Josh M @Dinoteen @Nassi @theryanjake11 @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Brother Gabriel @Thuro Pendragon @Gummi Bunnies
"They're right. If you have to, just... just vote for somebody that has no votes. Then nothing will happen to them, or you." Logan was trying to keep his cool upon realizing that Annette was tied with the most votes. As for the football team, he moved over to help Jake stop his boys. "It's better if you guys save your strength. You gave it your best. I'm proud of you guys. Okay? For now, we need to think about finding another way out.

Logan also changed his vote to Takuro. The boy always did such odd things. Freaky things.

@Atomyk
@Everyone​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back