Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sure thing big boy." She said flirtatiously. A little piece of her died inside, but she kept the sultry expression on her face. "I'll be back in a few, kay?"

Then she turned and left. As she walked by him she tapped Logan on the shoulder.

@Gummi Bunnies
@BarrenThin
James only rolled his eyes as he readjusted the masquerade mask on his face, staying by the corner as he waited for Michelle to do her business. For all he knew, it may be more than just her liking him, but maybe he was overthinking the situation. If she was that over heels for him, then surely he would take the chance to have some "fun" with her later.

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @peeps near the masked man/James​

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Ambidexterity"

Horatio was found by Umeko, Aaron, and Adrian soon enough. His face looked a bit red due to the heat of the gymnasium. "Have you been fighting the good fight?" he asked. He waited for the inevitable report, but the arrival of someone on the stage pulled his attention away.

The students had become eager to learn who would be this year's Prom King and Queen. Lena Watson, a member of the student council, was the one on stage to announce the results. The music died down as she began to speak. "Thank you all so much for having such a great time!" the girl exclaimed. "The council would like to extend our thanks to each and every one of you for making tonight the best that it could be! Midwich is awesome! Go Cuckoos! Hehe!" Deanna practically puffed up like a peacock, having already expected to win. She strut out into the centre of the gym, spinning slightly to show off her dress yet again.

"I know you're all excited to hear who this year's Prom King and Queen are! Wooo!" There was a spattering of excitement coming from the students, indicating Lena to get on with it. "All right, this year's Prom Queen is..." Lena paused to read off the card and the audience practically held in their breath. Kyle manoeuvred about the gym to make sure he had a good shot of Lena with his video camera. "... Umeko Moe?" Lena obviously sounded confused-- she had no idea who Umeko even was. Two television screens on either side of the gym turned on to show a close-up of Umeko. The cameras in the gym were focused entirely on her. "W-Well, congratulations! Before you come on up, let's announce the King!" Before the girl could continue, she found that Deanna was furious. She screamed at Lena to stop it with the practical joke. Her boyfriend, Damien, didn't look much too pleased either. "I'm sorry!" Lena bleated, sounding like a defeated goat. "I'm sure Umeko won fairly!"

"I better be the King!" Damien demanded. "And Deanna must be the Queen!"

Lena only stood with her mouth open. "U-Umm... okay! The King is..." Lena pulled out the card, but her face noticeably paled at what she read. When someone yelled at her to spit it out, Lena nervously uttered, "James Lancaster!"

One of the television screens changed to show James, his identity obvious now despite the mask. The crowd of students booed, of all things. Horatio became alert, crying, "James is here?! That menace to society must be stopped!" Jake moved in to calm down the mess with the other faculty, but found himself pushed away by Kristoff, who was demanding a recount on behalf of his friends. Jake pulled back, standing near Viviette and Brian.

"Stay behind me," he quietly said to them. Over the din of yelling came a sudden scream, though no one was quite sure where it was coming from. Jake looked off to the side to see a bunch of students running from the sides of the gym.

"It's coming from the vents!" screamed one girl. Everyone's attention turned now to find a sort of mist seeping into the gymnasium. The entire student body broke out into the chaos at this as they rushed to the doors of the gymnasium.

"Everyone calm yourselves at once!" demanded Brennan, but his command fell on deaf ears.

Kristoff smashed into one of the doors, but found it didn't budge. He continued to bang on the door, but found it wouldn't open no matter how much weight he threw against it. In fact, none of the doors would open, and the students who were breathing in the mist were dropping to the floor. The screaming and panic inevitably died down as the students were put to sleep one by one. Horatio, somehow one of the last to succumb to the gas, crawled across the floor in order to get to one of the doors. Grunting, soon he too was passed out on the ground.

"Everyone," cried Horatio. "Please wake up!" Having been the first to awake, the boy began awaking others, who were mostly groggy from the sleep. Eventually, one girl started screaming, which quickly awoke the rest of the group.

Everyone was still in the gym. Someone moved to the gym doors and found that they still wouldn't budge. It seemed nothing had changed.

... Except, 26 people within the gymnasium now wore bracelets on their arms. The 26th person with a bracelet was none other than Jake Cline, your school nurse.

DNFSaN8.png

Try as hard as you might, these bracelets weren't coming off.

"The televisions!" cried Kristoff, pointing to one of the screens, which were both now displaying static.

JUK4LV0.png

The static gave way for for a vague silhouette of a person, though it's hard to tell their identity, or even their gender. On the intercoms was a sudden bout of static, followed by, "Finally, you are awake." The voice sounds obviously digitally altered to be anonymous.. "I am the overseer, and what you are all now a part of is something bigger than yourselves."

The gym was deathly silent, waiting for the voice to continue. "... While you are all now participants in a game, only 26 of you are the actual players. For the sake of clarity, I will refer to those with bracelets as players, and those without bracelets as non-players."

"What the shit!" Deanna cried. "A game? Is this some kind of joke?"

"Is the principal behind this?" Damien asked.

"The commander would never do such a thing!" cried Horatio.

Brennan practically growled. "Everyone shut up!" he yelled.

The voice continued. "Phase one of the game is simple, and it is the first step to escaping the school. Among the 26 players are three agents-- players who essentially represent myself in this game. While all players will work together to complete the game, if any of my agents make it to the end, only they will survive."

There was a sudden bout of verbal dissent at that notion, but more demands of keeping quiet kept everyone's mouths shut. "Right now, we will hold a vote between the players to determine who they think are one of my agents. It's a tough decision, so I shall give the players a clue... Look for those among you acting different than usual. My agents are masters of trickery, and will likely try to trick the other players and cloud their minds. Once the vote is complete, we will move on to the next phase of the game. You have thirty minutes to make your votes. Just use the right button on your bracelets to cycle through the names on the interface, then press the left button to vote."

As the television screen began to fade to black, the intercom said one last thing. "In honor of your Prom King and Queen, you may not place a vote for either of them during this initial round of voting. Those of you who don't vote will face dire consequences."

Silence for a few precious seconds, and then-- "This is sick!" Deanna was practically wailing as she held up her cellphone. "I can't get a signal! This is disgusting!" She turned on the nearest person with a bracelet, Tom, and screamed at him. "Hurry and vote so we can get out of here!"

Continued here.

Last edited:
Viviette still remained alone in her corner, hardly aware of the fact many people were meeting their dates or dancing with them, or even that a proposal had occurred. She was too busy drowning in fear and nervousness, tapping her foot antsily.

Luckily, she didn't seem aware James was here.. Otherwise her already panicked state would likely lead to her outright passing out again.

Well, at least her brother was hopefully having fun..

@Whoever blah​
At the opposite side of Viv Takuro was standing there staring at the girl, Takuro had a very sickening smile on his face he had his foot up against the wall. When an unknown couple got in the way of him he disappeared.

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Ambidexterity"

Horatio was found by Umeko, Aaron, and Adrian soon enough. His face looked a bit red due to the heat of the gymnasium. "Have you been fighting the good fight?" he asked. He waited for the inevitable report, but the arrival of someone on the stage pulled his attention away.

The students had become eager to learn who would be this year's Prom King and Queen. Lena Watson, a member of the student council, was the one on stage to announce the results. The music died down as she began to speak. "Thank you all so much for having such a great time!" the girl exclaimed. "The council would like to extend our thanks to each and every one of you for making tonight the best that it could be! Midwich is awesome! Go Cuckoos! Hehe!" Deanna practically puffed up like a peacock, having already expected to win. She strut out into the centre of the gym, spinning slightly to show off her dress yet again.

"I know you're all excited to hear who this year's Prom King and Queen are! Wooo!" There was a spattering of excitement coming from the students, indicating Lena to get on with it. "All right, this year's Prom Queen is..." Lena paused to read off the card and the audience practically held in their breath. Kyle manoeuvred about the gym to make sure he had a good shot of Lena with his video camera. "... Umeko Moe?" Lena obviously sounded confused-- she had no idea who Umeko even was. Two television screens on either side of the gym turned on to show a close-up of Umeko. The cameras in the gym were focused entirely on her. "W-Well, congratulations! Before you come on up, let's announce the King!" Before the girl could continue, she found that Deanna was furious. She screamed at Lena to stop it with the practical joke. Her boyfriend, Damien, didn't look much too pleased either. "I'm sorry!" Lena bleated, sounding like a defeated goat. "I'm sure Umeko won fairly!"

Lena only stood with her mouth open. "U-Umm... okay! The King is..." Lena pulled out the card, but her face noticeably paled at what she read. When someone yelled at her to spit it out, Lena nervously uttered, "James Lancaster!"

One of the television screens changed to show James, his identity obvious now despite the mask. The crowd of students booed, of all things. Horatio became alert, crying, "James is here?! That menace to society must be stopped!" Jake moved in to calm down the mess with the other faculty, but found himself pushed away by Kristoff, who was demanding a recount on behalf of his friends. Jake pulled back, standing near Viviette and Brian.

"Stay behind me," he quietly said to them. Over the din of yelling came a sudden scream, though no one was quite sure where it was coming from. Jake looked off to the side to see a bunch of students running from the sides of the gym.

"It's coming from the vents!" screamed one girl. Everyone's attention turned now to find a sort of mist seeping into the gymnasium. The entire student body broke out into the chaos at this as they rushed to the doors of the gymnasium.

"Everyone calm yourselves at once!" demanded Brennan, but his command fell on deaf ears.

Kristoff smashed into one of the doors, but found it didn't budge. He continued to bang on the door, but found it wouldn't open no matter how much weight he threw against it. In fact, none of the doors would open, and the students who were breathing in the mist were dropping to the floor. The screaming and panic inevitably died down as the students were put to sleep one by one. Horatio, somehow one of the last to succumb to the gas, crawled across the floor in order to get to one of the doors. Grunting, soon he too was passed out on the ground.

"Everyone," cried Horatio. "Please wake up!" Having been the first to awake, the boy began awaking others, who were mostly groggy from the sleep. Eventually, one girl started screaming, which quickly awoke the rest of the group.

Everyone was still in the gym. Someone moved to the gym doors and found that they still wouldn't budge. It seemed nothing had changed.

... Except, 26 people within the gymnasium now wore bracelets on their arms. The 26th person with a bracelet was none other than Jake Cline, your school nurse.

DNFSaN8.png

"The televisions!" cried Kristoff, pointing to one of the screens, which were both now displaying static.

JUK4LV0.png

The static gave way for for a vague silhouette of a person, though it's hard to tell their identity, or even their gender. On the intercoms was a sudden bout of static, followed by, "Finally, you are awake." The voice sounds obviously digitally altered to be anonymous.. "I am the overseer, and what you are all now a part of is something bigger than yourselves."

The gym was deathly silent, waiting for the voice to continue. "... While you are all now participants in a game, only 26 of you are the actual players. For the sake of clarity, I will refer to those with bracelets as players, and those without bracelets as non-players."

The voice continued. "Phase one of the game is simple, and it is the first step to escaping the school. Among the 26 players are three agents-- players who essentially represent myself in this game. While all players will work together to complete the game, if any of my agents make it to the end, only they will survive."

There was a sudden bout of verbal dissent at that notion, but more demands of keeping quiet kept everyone's mouths shut. "Right now, we will hold a vote between the players to determine who they think are one of my agents. It's a tough decision, so I shall give the players a clue... Look for those among you acting different than usual. My agents are masters of trickery, and will likely try to trick the other players and cloud their minds. Once the vote is complete, we will move on to the next phase of the game. You have thirty minutes to make your votes. Just use the right button on your bracelets to cycle through the names on the interface, then press the left button to vote."

As the television screen began to fade to black, the intercom said one last thing. "In honor of your Prom King and Queen, you may not place a vote for either of them during this initial round of voting. Those of you who don't vote will face dire consequences."

Silence for a few precious seconds, and then-- "This is sick!" Deanna was practically wailing. "This is disgusting!" She turned on the nearest person with a bracelet, Tom, and screamed at him. "Hurry and vote so we can get out of here!"​

Aaron opened his eyes, and groggily breathed. The first thing he did, was pat his chest to make sure his Bulletproof vest was still on. It was, but it was making it a bit hard for him to get up. Aaron leaned on his left arm, and stuck his right arm in their air. "Can-can somebody help me up?" He asked. "I wore the wrong attire for this."

"Damn..." James gritted his teeth. This was certainly something he didn't want to be a part of, despite him having immunity from being voted against and that he had a whole group of people against him. Most of all, this was all bad timing...

"Michelle, let's talk now. You said you wanted to know about me more... Isn't that right?" James grabbed her wrist, pulling her over to a distance away from the others.

@Thuro Pendragon

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Ambidexterity"

DNFSaN8.png

JUK4LV0.png

Silence for a few precious seconds, and then-- "This is sick!" Deanna was practically wailing. "This is disgusting!" She turned on the nearest person with a bracelet, Tom, and screamed at him. "Hurry and vote so we can get out of here!"​
Logan groaned and stood up slowly. Groggily, he began to check on all the people he'd come to care about. "Annette? Jason? Minori? Michelle?" He rubbed his eyes as the voice started speaking. His expression became an angry one, but he knew throwing himself at a wall would be pointless. The teacher took the threats very seriously. The first thing he did was go around and check on the students. Surprisingly, this included James. "You okay, boy?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Emperor of Gallifrey
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon
@Josh M

"Damn..." James gritted his teeth. This was certainly something he didn't want to be a part of, despite him having immunity from being voted against and that he had a whole group of people against him. Most of all, this was all bad timing...

"Michelle, let's talk now. You said you wanted to know about me more... Isn't that right?" James grabbed her wrist, pulling her over to a distance away from the others.

@Thuro Pendragon
Michelle's head was spinning from everything that was happening, but she was determined to get what she needed.

She let him lead her to wherever they were going and then stood face to face with him, close enough to hopefully make him stupid.

"What is it?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Logan groaned and stood up slowly. Groggily, he began to check on all the people he'd come to care about. "Annette? Jason? Minori? Michelle?" He rubbed his eyes as the voice started speaking. His expression became an angry one, but he knew throwing himself at a wall would be pointless. The teacher took the threats very seriously. The first thing he did was go around and check on the students. Surprisingly, this included James. "You okay, boy?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Emperor of Gallifrey
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon
@Josh M
"I'm fine," James spoke in a blunt voice toward Logan before trying to get some alone time with Michelle.

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

Aaron began to cough. "Umeko? Adrian? Horatio? Can someone help me up?" Aaron's hand began to feel a bit awkward. "This is the worst day of my life." Aaron said.

@Atomyk @TheBombMan @Xx420BLAZEITxX

Michelle's head was spinning from everything that was happening, but she was determined to get what she needed.

She let him lead her to wherever they were going and then stood face to face with him, close enough to hopefully make him stupid.

"What is it?"

@Gummi Bunnies
"...if this becomes some shitty result for me... might as well talk about the shit I've done. That's what you wanted me to say. I'll say it... besides the black market stuff I'm tied to... I indirectly caused a death of someone..." James sighed, explaining to her in a hushed tone.

@Thuro Pendragon

"...if this becomes some shitty result for me... might as well talk about the shit I've done. That's what you wanted me to say. I'll say it... besides the black market stuff I'm tied to... I indirectly caused a death of someone..." James sighed, explaining to her in a hushed tone.

@Thuro Pendragon
"It's alright. You can trust me. In fact..." She moved even closer. "I like it."

@Gummi Bunnies

Aaron began to cough. "Umeko? Adrian? Horatio? Can someone help me up?" Aaron's hand began to feel a bit awkward. "This is the worst day of my life." Aaron said.

@Atomyk @TheBombMan @Xx420BLAZEITxX
Adrian's eyes slowly lifted, Coughing violently as he begins to fully wake up. He could overhear a faint cry for help. "Ngh.. Aaron..? That you? What happened..?" He slowly picked himself up before running over to Aaron's side, Taking his arm and lifting him up with surprising strength.

@The Silver Paladin

Horatio moved in to help you up, though he found himself staring at your bracelet as he did so. "I should have known something like this would happen," he said, a little in awe.

@The Silver Paladin
Adrian's eyes slowly lifted, Coughing violently as he begins to fully wake up. He could overhear a faint cry for help. "Ngh.. Aaron..? That you? What happened..?" He slowly picked himself up before running over to Aaron's side, Taking his arm and lifting him up with surprising strength.

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron looked at Horatio and Adrian. "Thanks, guys." He said. Aaron laughed at Horatio. "Semper Paratis, eh?" Aaron said. "Always prepared." Aaron ran his hand through his hair. "Perhaps we could use something as a Battering Ram to escape."

@TheBombMan

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Ambidexterity"

DNFSaN8.png

JUK4LV0.png

Immediately, when Lena announced the king and queen of prom, Viviette paled. All traces of color drained from her face, and she began trembling more visibly. James... James was here?

Any time she so much as saw the boy, now, she immediately went into a state of severe panic. She was trembling uncontrollably, heart pounding. But, this panic was overridden.. Quickly overwhelmed by a new fear. Viviette had, the second the mist appeared, shot into a full-out panic. She began hyperventilating, hurrying away from her spot, only to just outright pass out out of fear and panic before the mist could even affect her.

When she awoke, she quickly realized she... Was on top of someone...? Immediately, Viviette blushed wildly, shaking violently as she attempted to get off of the other girl and to her feet. Sheepishly, she offered the girl a shaking hand, a sheepish look on her face. She hated physical contact.. But she couldn't just be on top of someone without helping her up. "I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry! Are.. A-are you a-alright...?" she stammered.

Not all of her panic was even visible.. Her heartbeat was insanely, dangerously high, she was clearly struggling to breathe, she was in a cold sweat, and speech was even harder to accomplish. Not to mention that her head was spinning, her chest was aching, and she felt nauseous. In fact, with how lightheaded and dizzy she was, she actually ended up just crumpling back down to the floor. This time, she couldn't manage to even get up for a few seconds. "H-hzzzgn.."

I.. I think I'm just gonna.. Lay here a while...

Hopefully, she didn't pass back out again, because it looked like that was about to happen again...

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone who wants to help a panicking Viviette​

Aaron looked at Horatio and Adrian. "Thanks, guys." He said. Aaron laughed at Horatio. "Semper Paratis, eh?" Aaron said. "Always prepared." Aaron ran his hand through his hair. "Perhaps we could use something as a Battering Ram to escape."

@TheBombMan
"I'm willing to try anything," Horatio said. Crossing his arms, he looked over the two doors of the gym. "Maybe there's something backstage we could use? We need to get out of here and stop this foul Overseer!"

@The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @Xx420BLAZEITxX

"I'm willing to try anything," Horatio said. Crossing his arms, he looked over the two doors of the gym. "Maybe there's something backstage we could use? We need to get out of here and stop this foul Overseer!"

@The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @Xx420BLAZEITxX

Aaron nodded. "Speakers. We can unplug then and grab the handles, then push them against the door, we'll need more people, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.