Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mal smiled faintly. "Meimei... why wouldn't I?"

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_605md5day3s4c0gsgs8o4c84g_640.jpg

"I dunno.."

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies

As he gave her the watch, she would throw it. "I-I don't mean to be ill with this, Tom... But keeping that watch could possibly bring forth that darkness.. I don't want to go through any of this again. I just... I want to live a life with you." Ilse weakly smiled at him, hoping he'd understand the fears that were in her mind. Whether keeping the watch or not could do something like that was unknown to them, but she didn't want to be reminded of anything that occurred during this. Of course, it was because of this nightmare that brought a bond between Tom and Ilse; however, it was also a constant ache in her heart that several people have been hurt over it. Why should they even linger over the memory?

"W-We should discuss with the Diver over our choice... Just to make sure."

@Atomyk
@Wedge Antilles

Tom smiled. "As long as I have you, babe, I don't need the bracelet. I'd much rather kiss you, you're a much better kisser." He then embraced her tightly again. He couldn't get enough of this moment, this feeling, that the one he desperately missed, the one he thought was gone forever, was now back in his arms.

He walked with her, slowly, towards the diver. "Yes, let's make sure we have our choice approved, of course," he said, "we definitely don't want yours getting mixed up."

@Proxymoron @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Alice nodded, but not that she liked it, but that she had no choice but to accept it. Doing otherwise would just make it harder for Simon to move on. "After some thought, I will choose the first option. I have a real life, there is a real woman, Alice Cullen, that is loved by... many. They need her, and I will not let them down. Much like you did not let me down, ever, even with your job as the agent."

She chose not to inform him about her real life love, Jasper. She knew that Simon needed all the support and motivation he could get to succeed and possibly be saved, and crushing his heart now would do only harm to him, and her at this time. Though she wasn't real, the high school girl Anna deserved to have her happy ending as well. So, she gave Simon a farewell that Anna would want.

"If you succeed. And I know you will, Simon. Find me when you are freed. I'll remember all of this, and you. We can work things out from there." And with that, before leaving him to ensure her choice was made, she closed her eyes and kissed his lips, for what might be the last time. For a while, at least.

Anna, and Alice, moved on from Midwich High School.

@Mighty Roman @Atomyk
'Epilogue: Skaar Banner/The Watchers
Skaar kissed Anna, and watched as she left the cabin, her decision made. At least, no matter how long the journey ahead was, he had something to fight for. He fought on Sakaar to satisfy his anger, the invincible rage that defined him. He fought on Earth to impress his father, who's appproval he was so devoted to gaining, when more often than not, he was merely a pawn in his father's elaborate Masterplans. But at Midwich, he had fought for himself, and for Anna. Perhaps he had finally become his own person, with his own desires, and his own decisions.

He was no longer 'The WorldBreaker' or the 'Son of Hulk'. He was Simon Black, his own individual person, free from manipulation. As he thought about this, a green hexagon glowed on his wrist. 'BannerTech Hologram Activated.'A holographic image flashed up.
1135240-banner01.png
It was Skaar's father, Bruce Banner.
'Skaar. I implanted this microchip a couple of years ago, to keep tabs on you, just in case. You can probably tell by the old BannerTech software....Anyway, I have a message for you. You may think that this is a trick, or another one of my Tests. It wasn't. I had no idea that you were here, or what was happening. I'm still correlating evidence, seeing if there have been any more incidents like this, but....I'm proud of you. And although this wasn't one of my Tests, it easily could be. But this didn't make you stronger, or smarter. It made you human. And I couldn't be anymore proud of you...son.'

Skaar wasn't sure that his father could hear him, but he said:
'Banner...Dad, I don't know if you can hear me. But I won't be coming home. I still have to keep travelling across the Multiverse. A bit of The Dark Presence is still in me. But even if I'm one day cured...I won't be coming home. Not to you. Anna is still out there, and I'll return to her. Even if it takes me a 100 years. I can't...you manipulated me. Maybe I have your approval now, but I had to go through as much bloodshed as Skaar did to get there. Perhaps it wasn't worth it. Tell the family I love them. And I love you. Perhaps you should take a look at yourself, and see if you can say the same. I may have finally won your approval. By losing. Goodbye Father.'The Hologram shut off. Skaar looked at The Diver. 'I'm ready.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, back at BannerTech, Bruce Banner sat at his desk, motionless. A mysterious figure, a man with a torn black and white battlesuit, and ginger hair stood behind him.
'Could you hear him?'
'Of course I could. I wouldn't send him a recording.'
'Do you love your son?'
'I'm proud of him, and that's what he wanted.'
'Are you sure, Banner?.....You're a monster.'
'But at least he isn't.
'I'll be going now. I tried getting you to pull him out. Perhaps you could-If you weren't sick enough to watch and see how he reacted!'
'You can't judge me, Rallen!'
latest

'Trust me Banner, I can. I know how these games work. I have so many more Illusion Games to find, so many more people to warn. At least I've learnt some things today. And trust me, I'll be back. I'll find Skaar and The Diver, and then I'll find you. Iku Ze!'And with that, he was gone.

The End

"I did, too, so I'm not going to blame you. And yes."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

She could only shrug this off.. And offer a small grin before elbowing Mal playfully. "Well, not a big fan of those.. 'Captain'," she teased. At least she wasn't a bawling mess anymore.. Though, she wasn't quite as enthusiastic or emotionally distanced as she had been, before; but those feats were certainly going to return soon.

She could only shrug this off.. And offer a small grin before elbowing Mal playfully. "Well, not a big fan of those.. 'Captain'," she teased. At least she wasn't a bawling mess anymore.. Though, she wasn't quite as enthusiastic or emotionally distanced as she had been, before; but those feats were certainly going to return soon.

"Maybe not. Doesn't make it any less true."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

Aaron looked at Bailey laughing. "Actually, I'm a warrior of light. One of four actually. I think if we put that on our applications, we'd get dragged off to the crazy house." Aaron sighed and looks at the diver. "M-may I see Umeko one last time? I never got to say goodbye..." Aaron breathed. "I just want to see her one more time. Scott too. Everyone who helped me along this path. I would like to say bye to." Aaron had changed from a happy demeanor, to one everyone had seen a lot of that night. Aaron turned to Scott. "I don't know who you are, or where anyone else you know is. My name is Arc. I'm a Hero of Light. Nice to meet you."
@FireDrake150
It's a plasure, Arc. I seem to be King Richard, kinda funny how that one worked out, isn't it?" he chucles and offers Arc his hand. "Nice to meet you too, as strange as it seems to say now. You're welcome in Windor anytime my friend." He bows slightly, Scotts Personality as well as his original still marginally muddled together into a sort of 3rd personality. Talk about Multiple Personality disorder.

@The Silver Paladin

Mal looked at Jen quietly for a bit. "If we took option one... would I even be able to see you again? I sure as hell ain't got any way to get to you... even when I do remember you."

@Thuro Pendragon
tumblr_nkpqryN44G1tpnrh0o7_250.gif

"Mal, I can't make any promises. I'm just a simple girl. Even if I found my friends, I don't know if they could open a rift gate to your Mortalis." She stopped then continued. "But if we stay here there's no hope. I was built to fight things like this, but you weren't, and shouldn't be asked to."

"I think if we remember, then we can find each other again."

@BarrenThin

It's a plasure, Arc. I seem to be King Richard, kinda funny how that one worked out, isn't it?" he chucles and offers Arc his hand. "Nice to meet you too, as strange as it seems to say now. You're welcome in Windor anytime my friend." He bows slightly, Scotts Personality as well as his original still marginally muddled together into a sort of 3rd personality. Talk about Multiple Personality disorder.

@The Silver Paladin

-Flashback-

"I will see if I can visit." Arc said laughing and putting out his hand as well. "Always a pleasure to meet a king."

tumblr_nkpqryN44G1tpnrh0o7_250.gif

"Mal, I can't make any promises. I'm just a simple girl. Even if I found my friends, I don't know if they could open a rift gate to your Mortalis." She stopped then continued. "But if we stay here there's no hope. I was built to fight things like this, but you weren't, and shouldn't be asked to."

"I think if we remember, then we can find each other again."

@BarrenThin

"Option one it is." Mal nodded, then paused. "I'll see you around." He went to the cabin and took Option one... and was gone.

((JUST SPENT FOUR HOURS WRITING MAL'S EPILOGUE THEN LOST IT
FORGET EPILOGUES
DOING 1X1X1 WITH PEEPS
I'LL POST THAT FOR MAL'S EPILOGUE OR SOMETHING))

@Thuro Pendragon
@Hospes

"Option one it is." Mal nodded, then paused. "I'll see you around." He went to the cabin and took Option one... and was gone.

((JUST SPENT FOUR HOURS WRITING MAL'S EPILOGUE THEN LOST IT
FORGET EPILOGUES
DOING 1X1X1 WITH PEEPS
I'LL POST THAT FOR MAL'S EPILOGUE OR SOMETHING))

@Thuro Pendragon
@Hospes
She gave him one last kiss before he left. "See you then Mal." She then shapeshifted into a Djinn, kicked Brennan in the nuts, then chose Option One.

Aki was so screwed.

@BarrenThin
@Atomyk

(I'M SO SORRY I COULDN'T RESIST)

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"They'll be fine, Avia. They survived this, didn't they?" Kisho darkly joked before looking around. It seemed the others were starting to decide their futures alread, "Should we be heading on now? It looks like the others are making their decisions and waited for us now."
Alyx Vance
@The Tactician

Alyx nodded, smiling a little at his joke "We better get going then... I'd rather not keep them waiting for long..." she mumbled, turning towards where the others were before looking around at this place one last time... In some odd way, she felt like she was going to miss being here...

-William Herondale / James Lancaster Epilogue-
"Until I See You Again"

While it felt great that he was finally getting close to the people he's fond of in time that isn't so dire, Will had to remind himself that he had to make his choice, a lingering feeling that he could possibly lose the chance to act upon it.

"It's been quite eventful for God knows how long, I might need a break for awhile to ease myself. That or I might as well start feeling like an old man by the age of 25. I would say something to Jen, but she already departed. Mal, if you happen to find your way to where my world is for whatever reason, I'm always open to visit your crew. And Tessa, well... if we meet again at some point, I suppose I owe you a lot after exchanging kisses with you," the ravenette says, seeing that he shares his farewells for them, but he did have a feeling that he would see them again in the future.

"...until I see you guys again, take care."

After that, the Nephilim had departed to start up a new life as his own person.

~*~

Two Weeks Later
May 23, 1883
New York City, New York, United States of America

Standing over at the deck of the ship, Will thought about all that's happened during the last cycle and after it all. It was quite the thrill, excluding the amounts of death to be seen, real or not. To think, that all of this would happen all because he had accidentally released a demon from one of his father's sealing boxes.

"I was really stupid back then... opening that pandora's box..." he says to no one in particular, brushing some of his hair off of his face. Looking at the miles and miles of ocean off in the distance, he thought about all of the people that he had befriended, despite his curse.

Jem, Jessamine, Charlotte, Henry, Sophie, Thomas, Mal, Arc, Jen...

... Tessa.

Not just one Tessa, but two of them. Tessa Gray... and Tessa Agnes. Both bore the same nickname, and yet, were drastically different. The only similarity that they had besides the nickname was that they both made the ravenette feel fuzzy inside whenever he got near them. He would always hold back the feelings that would led into a relationship, because like the "angel of death" Tessa, he was also afraid to lose people close to him. All because of one stupid curse that he foolishly gotten himself into due to his own incompetence.

At this point, he wouldn't see the both of them again, unless the other Tessa from those cycles would find his way here. Will doubted it, he said nothing about his possible whereabouts before he left the Dark Place.

"If only you were to see me now, Tessa... well, to the both of you Tessas..." he whispers out as he notices that the ship was docking at the port of the city. Given that he's lived in a small town during the Illusion cycle and in the historical sites of London, he was genuinely surprised to be in an American city with bustling crowds and towering buildings. With the ship docked, he would begin to depart, dragging his rolling luggage with him.

Of course, he did a bit of house-keeping before he would ultimately leave London. Being one with angel blood, it wasn't hard for him to sneak into the Institute, and snatch himself a few seraph blades and multiple steles in case they were to break. The very last thing that he did before leaving, however, was that he left a little note for the "bookworm" Tessa to read. She would assume it would come the real Will, due to the lack of knowledge of this other Will.

"She would enjoy my gift... Will's gift..." he mumbles as he gets off of the boat, getting in line to be checked. Oh shoot... he forgot to forge a fake passport!

"Sir... where is your passport?" the attendant asked, seeing that he was merely standing there. He was stuck in a little predicament, and he didn't want to resort to violence either.

tumblr_inline_n9vhou676l1sh4uti.jpg

"...a-about that..." Will sweat-droppped. His plan was that he would find a way to get to America, which he did, and find some abandoned place to call home since he didn't exactly have enough money to buy himself or rent a house. He would then go by the name "James Lancaster," since he had the greatest feeling that there was an Shadowhunter Institute here, and if they hear of another "William Herondale," things would become bad on his end and possibly the other Will. Except... he didn't have a passport, and things were starting to look bad for him. This could mean being sent back to London...

"He's with me."

"!"

The ravenette turned around to see a woman that apparently was willing to vouch for him.

image.png

"Maribel Lancaster, I'm immigrating here with my son, James Lancaster. The poor boy doesn't keep track of his own belongings, so he is in luck that I have his passport right here," the woman says, holding out her passport and surprisingly a passport that had his picture on it and the name "James Lancaster." While this was believable to the attendant, Will was internally unnerved by this woman. How would she know of his plans? He's never seen her before, and that name she claimed can't be her real name.

"I see, go ahead," the attendant gives a wave to let them go pass the gate and into the city. Maribel smiles as she goes ahead, having Will blink in confusion for a few moments before catching up with her on the busy sidewalks of downtown New York City.

"E-Excuse me... ma'am!" the ravenette shouts to get her attention, but she doesn't exactly give him any response. It turned out that she was leading him towards a more remote part of the city, away from the crowds, but for what...?

Once in the secluded part of New York City, Will sees that the woman stops in her tracks, turning her head over to look in his general direction.

"I... I don't understand why you decided to help me back there, but before I give you thanks for it... can I at least know your name? You can't be named Maribel Lancaster, it's too convenient... since that name I had back there is fake," Will pointed out, slowly opening his luggage in case this got dicey.

The blonde only gives a moment to laugh, before a gentle smile appeared on her face. This really unnerved the Nephilim, both on the accounts that she knew so much on him and he knew so little on her.

image.png

"... I rather not say, dear angelic descendent."

That line alone was enough for Will to feel chills run down his spine. Just who was she?

He felt some of his runes that were permanently engraved on his skin radiate in response to a change of aura... demonic aura... Did this come from her?

The woman that claimed to be named Maribel smiled as she folded up that oriental fan of hers.

image.png

"Think fast..."

It all happened in a flash. Will whipping out the fresh seraph blades. Maribel releasing a wave of energy bullets from some sort of unknown magic. If it wasn't for the fact that his seraph blades were blessed with an angelic property, it wouldn't be able to deflect these magical projectiles like it did now.

tumblr_inline_n9vhl0hYZS1sh4uti.jpg

"How.. How long you think you can keep this up? It's already put out there that you're a demon out to get me..." Will manages to say as he deflects more of the projectiles away from himself and towards Maribel.

image.png

"That question should be asked towards you, my dear Nephilim. You were the first to think of pulling out your trusty weapons. I only act in the terms of self defense," Maribel smirked as she held her folded up parasol towards Will, aiming a powerful magical attack for him.

With a snap of her fingers, a thin beam of energy was aimed towards him. Seeing that this was far too powerful for his own seraph blades to handle, the ravenette had no choice to throw himself out of the way. With a thud to the concrete ground, he would look up to see that the woman was fleeing from the scene once he was on the ground.

tumblr_inline_n9vhnqYdBj1sh4uti.jpg

"Oh no you don't! Get back here!" the ravenette grits his teeth in frustration as he gets himself up on his feet, hurrying after her.

Except, when he turned the corner, he saw that the woman was gone. Literally. Like she were an illusion of a sort. The only thing left behind possibly from her was a single red ribbon, alike to the many tied into her hair.

"Damn... blasted demon," he groaned as he bent down to take the ribbon. With that debacle out of the way, it was probably time to settle in with his new life here...

A month after that, it didnt take long for him to make mafia ties due to the fact that he couldnt find a stable day job. From there on, he abandoned the name "Will Herondale," and became "James Lancaster."

~*~

Shadowhunter Institute, London, England

"Huh?" Theresa Gray mumbles as she sees an envelope written for her at the foot of her room's doorway. Carefully taking the letter out of the envelope once in the quarters of her room, she would see the letter's message for her.
For Tessa Gray,
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Will Herondale
"Oh, it's a poem from Will... He must had thought this one through after I told him that I was fond of poetry and literature..." the auburn-haired girl says, which confused her at first. When she first arrived her, she thought that Will was trying to distance himself away from everybody but Jem, and yet, he happened to write her a letter like this?

Looking out the window of her room, she would spot that Will and Jem were sparring again. It made her wonder if he really meant the words in the letter... or that it was just a fabrication.

~End~

As he gave her the watch, she would throw it. "I-I don't mean to be ill with this, Tom... But keeping that watch could possibly bring forth that darkness.. I don't want to go through any of this again. I just... I want to live a life with you." Ilse weakly smiled at him, hoping he'd understand the fears that were in her mind. Whether keeping the watch or not could do something like that was unknown to them, but she didn't want to be reminded of anything that occurred during this. Of course, it was because of this nightmare that brought a bond between Tom and Ilse; however, it was also a constant ache in her heart that several people have been hurt over it. Why should they even linger over the memory?

"W-We should discuss with the Diver over our choice... Just to make sure."

@Atomyk
@Wedge Antilles

"Sometimes, not everyone can be kept happy," the diver said as they approached. "Keep this in mind."

@Proxymoron @Wedge Antilles

Alyx Vance
@The Tactician

Alyx nodded, smiling a little at his joke "We better get going then... I'd rather not keep them waiting for long..." she mumbled, turning towards where the others were before looking around at this place one last time... In some odd way, she felt like she was going to miss being here...
"Then lets go home and get to work living our lives," Kisho wasn't sure what he would do now as it seemed he wouldn't have a job after this. However, he didn't exactly care. He had Avia with him now, and he didn't need anything else in life. Heading towards the Diver and choosing the second option of leaving the Dark Place but remaining separate, Kisho gave his wife a warm smile "Come on, let's survive together, Avia."

Epilogue: Man's Song of Hope (Pt.1)

"Ow, dammit!" Kisho growled as the computer motherboard shocked him once again. For a moment, he thought of throwing the whole rig out the window, growing tired of working on the fickle device. It would be so easy, just to get rid of it and start all over again. His hands even reached to the sides of the device, ready to toss it, before an exasperated sigh escaped him. No, I don't have time for that. The client wants the computer finished by the weekend, and I would rather not deal with an irate customer. He leaned back in his chair, his eyes staring up at the white ceiling of his workshop, and thought back on the memory that had distracted him during his work.

Why was he still thinking about that time in the Dark Place? It had been months ago, long enough for most of the details to feel foggy in his mind. Yet even now, he had fleeting moments of clarity, moments where he believed he was still there. He wondered if Avia ever felt the same way, had the same feelings he did. Probably not, given her present condition... A knowing smile came to him as he thought about the fruit of his and Avia's. She had already begun to show after four months, and his favorite pastime had quickly become admiring her round stomach or as he called it now, her 'tummy'. Sometimes, it was horrifying how sweet he could sound compared to his old self as Naoya or even to when he wasn't near his wife.

I guess she really is the better half of our union. A small chuckle crossed his lips at the thought. He was lucky to have her. He was lucky they both had survived. He was luckier that she still loved him even after the things Naoya had said to her. I should thank her more often for caring... Sighing, he stood from his chair and made for the door that would lead back into the main portion of their home. He was on the prowl for his favorite person now, and nothing would stop him.

Reactions: Chris Lang
Status
Not open for further replies.