Idlaide - The Rays of Fortune OOC

No, I mean that literally. They recently found magazines from 100 years ago with the exact poses that characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure perform. And I do mean exact. There might be one or two things nobody has thought of, but we've lived too long and dreamed too big for there to be anything left, really. Like I said, I'm welcome to be proven wrong, but I don't expect to be.

You're an adult member. Read my Chronicles of Coruu page in the mature forum sometime.

If I may make a suggestion? after a few days of instruction, you would think that you would want to test the bond between Ray and Pilot, right? I suggest having Max hire people to try and fuck with the Ray's, in some way. At the very least, I think it would be fun.

I mentioned earlier the leap of faith test, right? I've also got one where they have to find their way back to their Rays before their wristband timers run out, though I'm less sure about this second one. I might tweak it. The way the rooms are set for them in the factory are even set up so the two have long spans of time together. Don't worry, I'll get the bond covered.

Okay. Cool. Honest, it was more about my wanting to draw my knife on a guy for touching Persona non Grata.

The knife will only come in handy for close quarters. You, and Persona, have guns now. It's a feature of the wristband.

I know that. The gun will be cool, but I'll be damned if Wayne doesn't stab at least ONE guy before He dies. Speaking of which, I'm turning in for the night. I'll claw my way back up to par in the morning.

Okay. Maybe some of the others will get into their Rays by then and I can take us all to the factory.

Good deal. I'll magically teleport there when time permits. Night.

Apologies! I will not be able to replay until tomorrow. Had too much go on today, so I have had no time to get onto the laptop. Will post as soon as I can.

@Danika, I think I'll wait for you and @Disgruntled Goat to post before going for the factory. I really like how you two do it, so I'm willing to wait.

Sorry, I feel a bit like I'm slowing things down here. I'll blame time difference, because I post, go to bed and then find a load of replies in the morning that I have to catch up to. In future, just assume that Marissa's following along as she's meant to be a pretty competent pilot, and Teqi won't have any problems, so just go with that, instead of holding back for me. If it gets really bad, then I don't know, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

However, whilst writing my post, a question did pop into my mind. What sort of maintenance do Rays need? Do we need to check their oil/water/coolant/fuel levels and top them up accordingly? Will their battery drain if left to idle for too long? Or is it just a case of the Ray looking after itself, and our characters might only need to clean/polish them from time to time?

For time difference: That's fine. One of my biggest mistakes is assuming everyone else is on the American eastern seaboard, and I know that's not the case. When it comes to everyone being made to do things in the group, I'll take your suggestion to heart, but when we get to more individual action I will need to wait for a post from you.

For your maintenance inquiry: I had meant for the Rays to be pretty self sufficient. For one thing, they run almost entirely off electricity, coolants existing only to keep the areas with the heaviest amount of activity from overheating. The coolant is organic, though, so almost any organic matter can be broken down by the Ray's nanotech stores to make more if they run low. This can be anything from grass to steak.

Otherwise they'll be ready to go pretty much indefinitely. The outer layer of the Ray not only provides thrust and steering, but also acts as one massive solar panel. The skin of the Ray provides near limitless energy by converting any stray photon to usable power. It's actually a common means of acquiring energy on Rivas.

While the nanotech available is vast, it's not infinite. While most scratches will be repaired by the stores easily, too much extensive damage will have to be repaired. That's where the factory comes in handy.

I hope that answers everything.

Yeah, that's covered everything. I knew the Rays were supposed to be organic/self-sufficient up to a point, but I wasn't sure how far it went.

Would a person be able to open up a Ray and take a look at its engine? Marissa's the sort that might have a look at "tuning up" her Ray if she gets chance, so I want to check these details before I just go ahead and do the impossible.

As for roleplaying, sure, I understand that there will be times when you need a reply, and I'll always do my best to get out a roleplay post as often as I can, but I also don't want to hold the group up if it's a case of something simple, like having everyone fly to a location. I figure you can just assume that Marissa and Teqi are flying with the group and that's it. If it's a trust exercise then, sure, you'll have to hang fire and I'll post when I can. S'all good.

I am here! I am here!

My, there are so many replies for me to catch up on. I will just quickly skim over everything and then post up my reply. Should take me a few minutes and I apologize for being absent.

@Danika: it's fine. Going to go myself for a little bit. Play catch-up.
Would a person be able to open up a Ray and take a look at its engine? Marissa's the sort that might have a look at "tuning up" her Ray if she gets chance, so I want to check these details before I just go ahead and do the impossible.
Would you be willing to show someone your heart? I suppose they'd show their owners, after they really bonded. It's a little early for that level of intimacy.

Caught up and posted! Apologies for the novel, but I just felt it was needed.

Ridiculous length forgiven on account of amazing content! :D Will continue this a little later. Got some other RPs to check on real quick.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person