Idlaide - The Rays of Fortune OOC

Yes she will. I'll make sure of it. ;)

By the way, anyone know where @Disgruntled Goat is? He was one of the first to make a character and I'm wondering why no post.

Sorry for the hold up. Even though you tagged me, I didn't get an alert about this thread so I hadn't seen the IC thread either. I've posted now though, so we should be able to get this party started!

I like how you fight with yours. Aren't we missing just one more? I need to look through the list again...

I also wasn't notified of anything, my apologies.

Oh God. I've missed two pages. I feel terrible >.>

Relax, it's okay. You're just the last to get your Ray. Nothing wrong with that.

I was gone and making a trip up London all morning until about 5 in the afternoon. So I missed the start by over 4 hours before I was even back in the house >.>

Just out of interest, where'd you get the concept for this @Quiet One ? The Rays just remind me an awful lot of Voidhawks is all.

I think I got it when I was reading Dragon Riders of Pern, though I haven't finished the book yet. I alluded the Rays to the dragons and things kind of went from there. I have no idea what Voidhawks are.

No...not quite the same. For one thing, the Rays would outlive the pilots. It doesn't come up in this RP, but in my story idea Idlaide chooses another pilot after Max dies, something no Ray has ever done before. And it's clearly not from birth. I sort of like the sound of the story, though.

No...not quite the same. For one thing, the Rays would outlive the pilots. It doesn't come up in this RP, but in my story idea Idlaide chooses another pilot after Max dies, something no Ray has ever done before. And it's clearly not from birth. I sort of like the sound of the story, though.
That particular trilogy is reckoned as one of modern sci-fi's greats. And it is an insanely brilliant and well written trilogy, well worth reading. And yes, they are different, I just thought there were some similarities as well ^^

What's it called when you come up with an idea someone else has come up with, but you didn't know they came up with it, so it's not plagiarizing, but it can hardly be called an original idea either?

Well, not exactly simultaneous, but I'll take it.

I remember it being called "There are no original ideas. Everything has been thought of before"

You can't think like that, or else nothing will move forward.