ICSYL Scourge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if that's what it comes down to, I can do it for ya then... Hmm...So that's Alexandra and Bart I gotta worry about hmm..

Wish I had a Co-GM in times like these... :P Ah well.

Guys I got to leave my rust is showing too much and I'm gonna leave for awhile anyway will probably not be back on for awhile.

Posted. Renault is good to heal Ruby and the rest of ya are good to head back into the city. I'l give you more to base your posts off of soon in there...Meh, I rather wait it out for some people to be back so I don't have to control these all characters.

In the mean time here, I am gonna see if I can find more players to cover some of the antagonists. Make this much more manageable.

Well posted, that should help a lot for the down time now that you know the big places your characters can go in Arcadia.

Cool. Not sure what to do about whatsacow though.. Been gone for too long here...

Need some posts over here, that much is for sure.

Well, waiting on the others here but it appears...

Okami-Left.

Palonis-Busy, said to hijack his character.

Whatsacow-Missing in Action, gone for two weeks and counting.

So that just leaves, Miru, Piro, Kazesei and Nichoooo here.

I'll be ready to move us on soon here but want to give those who want more off time/development for their characters a bit more time.

I didn't want to have to post twice in a row but well... what can ya do when things are slow? :P

Essentially this is meant to advance things but not to screw over the others who haven't had the chance for their characters to really get any development/R and R time due to some unfortunate circumstances.

So if your character is just ready for the time skip, well it's prime time for them to get to sleep.. Otherwise, gotta come up with something in the mean time. Guessing most of you wanted to move on and that'll be the plan in a bit here. I just want to give em time to post, a little more time.

+1 for anyone who gets mine as well. :P Post is EDITED and up.

Anyhow, Pretentious character is pretentious. Yet she has a purpose....

Hmm and whatsacow's character is...Well gotta decide on what we'll do with em. I don't think he's coming back but it seemed like he'd be good to help develop Alexandra as they are good friends.. So that is something to consider. I'd prefer not to have to hijack another character though...

Well, you haven't lost everyone yet Weavel! I'll have a post up in the next day or so.

Name: Mach & Ina
Species: Elf
Skills/ Specialty (Mention weaknesses here too):
Appearance:
peipamaru_by_porkbun.jpg

And think Steampunk attire.

Equipment(if necessary): A toolbox between the two of them.Mach carries a mechanical sword that changes. Mach can change the weight of whatever he strikes. The smaller the blade he uses the less the weight changes and the bigger the blade the more the weight changes.
OverCompensation.jpg

Ina carries two steampunk looking revolvers and the magic she applies to to the bullets as well as her magic bullets is that whatever she hits changes the softness or hardness.
112813_steam2.jpg

Personality:Mach & Ina share personalities they are infinitely curious about everything. Whether it be mechanical, electrical, people, balloons, etc. They will often stare at wonder or amazement at something trying to understand it on a surface level before they try and tinker with it. When in the time of battle they sync as if one body and are not the charming kids they usually are.

Faction: ABC

History:Mach & Ina began their fascination with technology since they could practically walk and have been obsessed with it ever since. They would often create their own inventions which created more chaos than beneficial. When they were ten years of age they were brought into the city near ABC and were happily "forgotten" as their parents lost them in the city. Though their parents loved them the village found it that the children would survive much better in the city than in the village. Their village couldn't handle the accidental mischief that the two caused. Some may have viewed this as cruel but elves learn to adapt quickly and this the twins did. The twins needing work found a job with the ABC as engineers to not only fix any damaged machines the ABC had in use but to also make technological improvements as well. This is their side job when they aren't on the battlefield as their magic abilities can have a quite interesting affect on battles.

Approved, welcome to the RP Tux!

Hmm, yeah I might need to give you more of a summary or something.. Or just ask ya to read some key posts here hmm.. I gotta think about it. Busy day right now.

Ok there's a response for ya up now, Tux. Should give you plenty of material for your next post.

hello there, I'm new to the site and I read through the description. This looks very well assembled, but is it still in need of any more characters? If so I would quickly draft one and submit it for approval, I like lengthy posts and posting frequently through out the day.

hello there, I'm new to the site and I read through the description. This looks very well assembled, but is it still in need of any more characters? If so I would quickly draft one and submit it for approval, I like lengthy posts and posting frequently through out the day.

Yes I'd be happy to have more, we lost two members so it certainly would not hurt. So go ahead and proceed to make a bio then.

Wonderful! Is there any specific faction that you need filled?

Well, perhaps the ALF would be nice. The only problem that presents itself is that all the other player characters are in the ABC. It is up to you, you'd just be primarily interacting with ALF NPCs if you went that route. The ABC is the main faction as I wasn't able to go the players spread out among the factions route. That is what you must keep in mind before deciding.

After recently being asked a bit about aural energies here is a brief explanation.

Aura The Science of Magic

When most people come across magic it is simply that, there are no rules there are no standards. But when we talk about magic there is a definite scientific procedure behind the madness that most consider an unlimited source of power. Those procedures can be defined as certain currents or strings that control the magic for the user. This force is called Aura.

Aura is used to manipulate streams of incoming magic and is variable in size as well as density. The size determines a certain area of effect the magic user has. For instance when a pyromancer uses his abilities to cast flames around he uses aural streams to guide the fire to its destination. In a different case an extreme fighter has a smaller aura inside himself. Yet, this aura is more dense and has the ability to unleash more power in a single punch.

As you can see aura is much more to describe the super natural elements of any given power whether it be realistic or entirely fantastical. There are numerous other variables to take into account as well when looking at aura. For instance the aura stream speed would be directly related to how fast your casted spells can travel. A slower streamed pyromancer would always lose to a faster streamed one as the faster one lands more fire attacks than his counterpart.

Now what happens when these aura clash? In most cases these aura normally just twist around each other and become synonymous with the other person's aura. With most having very little understanding of this science mages usually will use their aura to have their attacks counter the others; however, in some rare cases where one does know about aura they can use it to their effect to cause a stream malfunction or even aural disruption.

These two are basically taking aura from the other person and manipulating it in order to dodge or even to create your own attack. In a lot of ways a stream malfunction could be like a jedi's use of the force. They try to use force against each other and lock themselves into a battle. The end result is someone getting tossed backwards which is a good example of this. However, aural disruption is entirely different as ti caused the auras to clash rather than weave between each other. The end game of this ability is to cause a large attack in the form of an aural explosion or even corrupt the aura in the person their targeting. Much akin to life force this will tear the user apart. No matter how non-magical a person is they still have aura which can be used for an aural disrupter.

Those are the basic endeavors of aura. It is a science behind the unknown and gives meaning to the battles between mages. In addition it also gives meaning to those super natural punches fighters can make as well as giving meaning to how to use their power. A denser aura means stronger attacks but also lower size. This could result in close range battle of the dangerous kind. But watch out for those that know about it as they could manipulate aura to cause your death from the inside out.

Thank you for listening and hope you understand a bit more about aural energies.

Status
Not open for further replies.