ICSYL Scourge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I'm just going to bail from this RP, if you can't handle my simplest character I've been carrying for years it's not worth it. You don't know how I RP and if you are this limiting I don't want any part of it.

It's not limiting, it's preventing god-modding from happening. It's not fair to the other players when you've got a character with these crazy abilities that the rest of us could not top. Reversing time just isn't reasonable in any sense.. Look at the other player's bios, they understood I am not trying to limit creativity but to keep things fair. They have clearer drawbacks to their powers and nothing that's god like as reversing time would be in an RP like this. It would kill any suspense or tragedy knowing things could just be reversed.

I don't think many GMs here on Iwaku would accept it like that, you have to learn to compromise and adjust characters to settings. It's just too much of a typical Mary Sue self-insert type character. The changes I asked for are simple but if you never want to challenge yourself as a writer by aspiring to play more compelling and flawed characters, well that's your loss.

Haha like I said you don't know how I RP and this will be the last thing I post depending on what you say. My character acts plenty flawed and barely uses Revert, only in dire situations. He is not all powerful thanks to how much energy it costs to use his abilities and you have no idea how he actually acts just by reading some bio. Just because my imagination is stronger than yours does not mean I must limit myself to your standards.

Wow Op much? Not like you need to join anyhow. No flame wars please, simply put the character is quite overpowered and the powers do kind of ruin "tragic" moments. Keep in mind being an RP'r and a writer you need to be open to criticism. Although I can think of different situations the character would be viable this story isn't it.

Name: Noe Lasereve

Specie: Demon

Skills/Specialty(Mention weaknesses here too): Ability to morph her energy into the weapons mentioned below; Can't control personality switches; Mental health deteriorating; Not defensively strong; Not magically adept; Not knowledgeable about technology

Appearance:
0e536e5ab24e91a61ebdfe5b4d7836182cf6f106.jpg
Minus the Touhou hat

Equipment(if necessary):
Demonic energy that Noe is capable of morphing into the following weapons:
Double-bladed scythe
Bladed grieves
Several flaming souls
Two cestus

Personality:

Noe herself is a fairly timid person, compared to other demons, anyway.
Because of this, she was bullied in various ways, with little ability to defend herself. Her abilities hadn't matured yet, and her timidity prevented her from fighting back. Her parents believed only the strong were meant to survive, and her lack of willingness to do so proved she was weak. It was due to this pressure that she began developing multiple personalities to deal with some of the situations she faced. Each personality goes by its own name, and are as much a part of Noe as anything else.

Each personality uses her energy in a different way, and fights differently.
=======================================================================================

Mania- Mania was the first personality formed in Noe's psyche. Created to deal with any dangerous encounters, she is the opposite of Noe. Headstrong and overly forceful, she enjoys beating the enemy to a bloody pulp, often going into the realm of overkill. She uses Noe's energy to form a double-bladed scythe.

Viane- In times of depression or hopelessness, Viane came into existence. As expected, she is incredibly cheerful, sometimes annoyingly so. She encases her feet in dark energy to form bladed grieves, and uses the rest of the energy as dark flaming wisps, capable of acting as fire for a quick escape.

Eteil is the show-off of the group. To meet this personality, she uses dual cestus to great effect. She enjoys dancing around the enemy, countering whenever possible, like some terrible dance of death.

Neik: Cold and apathetic, Neik is comparable to a robot. She's not one for conversation, and will take measured steps to eliminate the target. She forms fragments of dark metal that can join together to form a blade and separate into fragments at her command, making for a nasty long-range assault.

Faction: Arcadian Brigade Commanders

History: Noe's parents always enforced their personal belief that strength proves your right to live. They chose to ally themselves with whoever happened to be the most powerful. At that time, it happened to be the Dark Beasts. Noe's timidity made this harmful to her self-esteem, and subsequently forced her parents to disown her, considering her too weak to stay. The other demons bullied her because of her weakness, to the point where she formed four other personalities to handle fights and bad conditions. These all use her energy up, and this is slowly causing her mental health to deteriorate. Over time, these personalities will take over her body more and more. The chill of Azull provided fortitude against the winds, not against yourself.

Spurred on by these personalities, she confronted her parents once more, but she was still not accepted. These personalities were not Noe, and this proved even further that she was weak, and had no place in the family.

Azull is a place for warriors, not psychotics, as she was called. With no control over her other selves, she was called crazy and weak, for relying on such trickery to win. And indeed, she wished to win by herself, not by use of mental tricks.

With a new resolve in mind, she set out and began wandering, searching for a way to rid herself of her affliction. She would prove her strength with her own hands and her own mind. In her travels, she was attacked by a group from an unknown faction, possibly bandits. One of her personalities took over and managed to kill them, but expended too much energy, causing her to collapse. She was later rescued by the Arcadians, who offered her a place with them, not knowing of her mental condition. She joined, planning to use this as an opportunity to finish her goals. Once she attains her goals, she plans to return to her parents, who are still assumed to be alive.

Name: Noe Lasereve

Specie: Demon

Skills/Specialty(Mention weaknesses here too): Ability to morph her energy into the weapons mentioned below; Can't control personality switches; Mental health deteriorating; Not defensively strong; Not magically adept; Not knowledgeable about technology

Appearance:
0e536e5ab24e91a61ebdfe5b4d7836182cf6f106.jpg
Minus the Touhou hat

Equipment(if necessary):
Demonic energy that Noe is capable of morphing into the following weapons:
Double-bladed scythe
Bladed grieves
Several flaming souls
Two cestus

Personality:

Noe herself is a fairly timid person, compared to other demons, anyway.
Because of this, she was bullied in various ways, with little ability to defend herself. Her abilities hadn't matured yet, and her timidity prevented her from fighting back. Her parents believed only the strong were meant to survive, and her lack of willingness to do so proved she was weak. It was due to this pressure that she began developing multiple personalities to deal with some of the situations she faced. Each personality goes by its own name, and are as much a part of Noe as anything else.

Each personality uses her energy in a different way, and fights differently.
=======================================================================================

Mania- Mania was the first personality formed in Noe's psyche. Created to deal with any dangerous encounters, she is the opposite of Noe. Headstrong and overly forceful, she enjoys beating the enemy to a bloody pulp, often going into the realm of overkill. She uses Noe's energy to form a double-bladed scythe.

Viane- In times of depression or hopelessness, Viane came into existence. As expected, she is incredibly cheerful, sometimes annoyingly so. She encases her feet in dark energy to form bladed grieves, and uses the rest of the energy as dark flaming wisps, capable of acting as fire for a quick escape.

Eteil is the show-off of the group. To meet this personality, she uses dual cestus to great effect. She enjoys dancing around the enemy, countering whenever possible, like some terrible dance of death.

Neik: Cold and apathetic, Neik is comparable to a robot. She's not one for conversation, and will take measured steps to eliminate the target. She forms fragments of dark metal that can join together to form a blade and separate into fragments at her command, making for a nasty long-range assault.

Faction: Arcadian Brigade Commanders

History: Noe's parents always enforced their personal belief that strength proves your right to live. Noe's timidity made this harmful to her self-esteem, and subsequently forced her parents to disown her, considering her too weak to stay. The other demons bullied her because of her weakness, to the point where she formed four other personalities to handle fights and bad conditions. These all use her energy up, and this is slowly causing her mental health to deteriorate. Over time, these personalities will take over her body more and more.

Spurred on by these personalities, she confronted her parents once more, but she was still not accepted. These personalities were not Noe, and this proved even further that she was weak, and had no place in the family. With a new resolve in mind, she set out and began wandering, searching for a way to rid herself of her affliction. She would prove her strength with her own hands and her own mind. In her travels, she was attacked by a group from an unknown faction, possibly bandits. One of her personalities took over and managed to kill them, but expended too much energy, causing her to collapse. She was later rescued by the Arcadians, who offered her a place with them, not knowing of her mental condition. She joined, planning to use this as an opportunity to finish her goals.

Awesome and is pretty unique there but balanced too. You already know the history is what needs a touch up though....I'll approve it but you gotta fix that, shame ya had business to take care of.. Interruptions FTL. :P Ah well, in due time.

Hmm, so we're mostly good to start soon here.... Hopefully Nichoooo's friend can get her comp working good again....If anyone else is interested in joining let me know now. I'm very happy with who we've got right now though.

Hope it's not too late to get a character in. I've been starving for a chance to RP some more.

Name: Bartholomew Kuvo (prefers to be called Bart)

Specie: Wind Beast

Skills/Specialty: Bart's primary skill lies in an ability he calls Shredding Wind. Using his wind powers, he kicks up small objects and particles from the ground and whips them at his opponent at high speeds, lacerating them with a number of tiny cuts and, depending on the items at hand, puncturing them as well. It's not exactly that deadly, nor is it especially precise, but it's not as if he prefers to fight to begin with. He uses it mostly for defense, deflecting projectiles and pushing enemies away from him while he works out a means of escape. He's fairly proficient with human weapons, and carries a few daggers on his person in case he's in a situation where the environment itself is unsuitable to his skill.

That said, he's fairly small and puny out of necessity, otherwise he wouldn't be able to fly so well, so any sort of heavy impact will do him in right away. He's also not very good at fighting hand-to-hand, so if his magic is negated in some way, he will be at a severe disadvantage.

Appearance: Bart carries many of the attributes of a wind beast, sporting majestic emerald-colored wings and greenish scales. He stands around 5'8" in height, and is quite skinny, though he's rather muscular in his legs. He generally prefers not to wear a shirt since it gets in the way of his wings, but he does wear a buttoned-up red vest with holes in the back and brown trousers. He feels uncomfortable wearing shoes, and instead wears sandals, taking them off whenever he has to fly anywhere and keeping them in one of his vest pockets. There is a pouch hanging from his belt where he keeps his weapons.

Equipment(if necessary): Half a dozen small throwing daggers, kept in a pouch hanging from his belt.

Personality: Professional and calm. Bart doesn't often lose his cool, even in a hopeless battle, and he tries to keep a positive outlook on things. He's a little nervous around humans and elves, but he trusts his fellow Forbidden Beasts well enough. If the need arises, he will work alongside other races, but he'll mostly keep to himself. He's ethically opposed to killing, and will try to avoid combat if he can.

Faction: Arcadia Brigade

History: Bart's parents were part of a mountain community living up on Lynor Peak. The folks there were mostly Wind Beasts living off of the other avian life in the area, content to spend the rest of their years just living up on the mountain. Bart, however, was of the adventurous persuasion, and almost the instant he was an adult, he set off for human lands in order to make his way as a messenger or a scout. The work was tough, and getting humans to trust him was difficult at first, but he eventually got himself a reputation as a reliable worker.

Then the war with the Dark Beasts occurred. Afraid for his family, Bart ran back to the mountains and helped them to hide from the marauding beasts, in the caves in the mountain. There they hid for years, unknowing and uncaring of the war and carnage taking place just outside, only emerging every so often to gather food and water. When they eventually decided that it was safe to emerge, the world was in ashes. Knowing that he could have done little to have saved the world from this, Bart nonetheless felt like a coward for abandoning the world, and he left his family for a second time, having resolved to redeem himself from his cowardice and aid the world in any way that he could.

Hope it's not too late to get a character in. I've been starving for a chance to RP some more.

Name: Bartholomew Kuvo (prefers to be called Bart)

Specie: Wind Beast

Skills/Specialty: Bart's primary skill lies in an ability he calls Shredding Wind. Using his wind powers, he kicks up small objects and particles from the ground and whips them at his opponent at high speeds, lacerating them with a number of tiny cuts and, depending on the items at hand, puncturing them as well. It's not exactly that deadly, nor is it especially precise, but it's not as if he prefers to fight to begin with. He uses it mostly for defense, deflecting projectiles and pushing enemies away from him while he works out a means of escape. He's fairly proficient with human weapons, and carries a few daggers on his person in case he's in a situation where the environment itself is unsuitable to his skill.

That said, he's fairly small and puny out of necessity, otherwise he wouldn't be able to fly so well, so any sort of heavy impact will do him in right away. He's also not very good at fighting hand-to-hand, so if his magic is negated in some way, he will be at a severe disadvantage.

Appearance: Bart carries many of the attributes of a wind beast, sporting majestic emerald-colored wings and greenish scales. He stands around 5'8" in height, and is quite skinny, though he's rather muscular in his legs. He generally prefers not to wear a shirt since it gets in the way of his wings, but he does wear a buttoned-up red vest with holes in the back and brown trousers. He feels uncomfortable wearing shoes, and instead wears sandals, taking them off whenever he has to fly anywhere and keeping them in one of his vest pockets. There is a pouch hanging from his belt where he keeps his weapons.

Equipment(if necessary): Half a dozen small throwing daggers, kept in a pouch hanging from his belt.

Personality: Professional and calm. Bart doesn't often lose his cool, even in a hopeless battle, and he tries to keep a positive outlook on things. He's a little nervous around humans and elves, but he trusts his fellow Forbidden Beasts well enough. If the need arises, he will work alongside other races, but he'll mostly keep to himself. He's ethically opposed to killing, and will try to avoid combat if he can.

Faction: Arcadia Brigade

History: Bart's parents were part of a mountain community living up on Lynor Peak. The folks there were mostly Wind Beasts living off of the other avian life in the area, content to spend the rest of their years just living up on the mountain. Bart, however, was of the adventurous persuasion, and almost the instant he was an adult, he set off for human lands in order to make his way as a messenger or a scout. The work was tough, and getting humans to trust him was difficult at first, but he eventually got himself a reputation as a reliable worker.

Then the war with the Dark Beasts occurred. Afraid for his family, Bart ran back to the mountains and helped them to hide from the marauding beasts, in the caves in the mountain. There they hid for years, unknowing and uncaring of the war and carnage taking place just outside, only emerging every so often to gather food and water. When they eventually decided that it was safe to emerge, the world was in ashes. Knowing that he could have done little to have saved the world from this, Bart nonetheless felt like a coward for abandoning the world, and he left his family for a second time, having resolved to redeem himself from his cowardice and aid the world in any way that he could.

Yeah it's not too late here...

Approved, nice to have you aboard again Palonis!

Changed weapon, seeing so many daggers XD.

Yeah, I was considering having him use ninja stars, but I felt like it'd be a tad too anachronistic for what appears to be a more-or-less European fantasy setting.

Yeah, that is true Shintaion is more European like, the other continents though have their own standards as for what weapons are the norm as they didn't all develop the same way when it came to making weapons..We'll see that more when we get into the actual RP though...Keeping it a bit of a mystery...

Rough estimate for when we'll launch the IC is.... Thursday-Saturday range. Just giving any last minute folks a chance and seeing if I could get a political map made of the world(including the railroad on it as well) as some of you suggested it.

Heh, glad to see a flurry of good applications come in, glad to have you aboard Palonis and Miru. I'm glad we have enough people now, I'm ready to get this under way.

YEAH! Can't wait to get started and thank you everyone who applied and got us this far!

It's up!

http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=7839&p=185817#post185817

Well your first posts will mostly just be set up/introducing your character, reacting and choosing whether to lead the scouting or take the rear and protect the civilians... It assumes most of our player characters have worked before together and belong to the same unit. We'll get into the action here soon.. Just isn't the type of RP that'd work without some setup.

No idea if we're gonna get any last minute bios but well..Not gonna close this just yet anyhow so to anyone interested, so yes it'll continue to be open until a bit later!

Ok, posted. In my next post I'll gladly start the action up. I just wish to give everyone a chance to do what else they had in mind first before we start...

That and was talking with someone who might join here at the last minute too.. :P

Ah the wonders of insanity. Edward is now returning, revealed that there ambush.

Apologies for the lack of posting. I've had a lot on my plate lately. Should have something for you by tomorrow though.

Sounds good. I'll just wait for that before I advance us, was gonna post tommrow anyhow..

Status
Not open for further replies.