Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back to the two, certain there was a bit of sweat on her forehead, Recette managed an awkward smile. "Er, I'm Recette. I'm a Hunter and Kyoko's..."

Recette froze. She briefly glanced over her shoulder: it wasn't as though there were any guards, but that didn't mean they weren't being watched. Lowering her head, she finished, "G-girlfriend."

Muyomi looks at Recette with an extremely confused look at first. Then she looks over at Kyoko. After a brief glance at Kyoko, Muyomi looks blankly back at Recette. "Ummmm, if you are worried about being watched, we aren't being watched here, so you don't have to pretend anymore." The way Muyomi spoke, it seemed as though she didn't even consider the possibility that Recette might actually be Kyoko's girlfriend.

"...Eh?"

Recette felt her face getting red. The embarrassment mixed with another emotion she had to pick out: second-hand embarrassment.

"A-ah, is that so?"

Slumping she lowered her head, muttering to herself, "Why didn't you say anything Kyoko?" Recette then cringed when she realized Kyoko had been...distracted.

Looking back up, she began, "Well, it's nice to finally meet you, Muyomi. Kyoko's told me about you." But not enough apparently.

"You've probably been worried bout her, since the Exam..." You did seem relieved.

"I bet you can't wait to get out of here!" Sh-should I? I'm not sure I want to leave these two alone...

"Not that I'm sure where we're going next. I kinda just got...dragged into this."

Last edited:
Muyomi looks around at the room around her, then at Kyoko before answering Recette, "Sorry about my sister. She is on the clingy side. I'm glad that Kyoko managed to make a friend. Kyoko didn't spend much time working on social skills, well, besides seduction... Anyway, I'm glad that Kyoko did well in the exam. Our together time was always so seldom that it would often get lonely. Knowing that Kyoko can be with me whenever she wants, it's a big relief for me."

When Recette says that she felt dragged into coming here, Muyomi looks towards Kyoko, then nervously to Recette, "Oh, ummm. I'm sorry to hear that." Kyoko is looking down at her hands, grasping at her fingers. A nervous energy fills the room.

Oh, this was bad.

She'd already screwed up, but nothing was coming to mind on how to proceed. Worse yet, her head was something of a swirling wreck, but...

They didn't see anything wrong with what was going on. Recette was the interloper here.

Taking a breath, she said, "Er...I really, really hate to be a bother, but would a shower be too much to ask? It's been...days."

Muyomi moves over to her bookshelf of anime DVD's. Pulling a false box, the bookshelf unlocks its hinge, swinging back to reveal the bathroom. Cheerfully, "Of course, you can take a shower. In fact, you should take Kyoko with you. I love her to death, but she stinks to high heaven. Plus, I think her clothes are molding. If you'd like, I can give you some clothes too. Me and Kyoko share since we are the same size, but you'd probably fit. It would be something to wear while we wash the others."

Kyoko looked like she had gotten pretty comfortable in her spot on the chair, but as soon as her sister suggested that she needed a bath, she was already up and towards the bathroom. Looking expectantly, Kyoko and Muyomi looks towards Recette for an answer."

Recette nodded slowly. "Uh...that would be great!" Giving a thumbs up, she began to head towards the bathroom with Kyoko. "We won't be too long."

A few other things came to mind that she could say like, 'Hey, that show I've never heard of before looks neat what is it about' or 'So you're to blame for Kyoko's good fashion sense!' but everything felt painful and forced. She wouldn't have minded some alone time, but being with Kyoko wasn't the worst thing that could happen in the least.

Once they were in the bathroom, door closed, Recette bit back a sigh of relief. She was almost hesitant to remove her clothes, but, well, she had bathed with Kyoko before. It was fine. This was fine.

...Or it would be, had the awkwardness from the previous room not been dragged along.

Unlike the rest of the room, the bathroom was surprisingly unremarkable. It had an assortment of hair products, some of which were slightly on the pricey side, but not so much to be considered luxury. Otherwise, it was a completely mundane bathtub/shower combo that really wouldn't fit more than one person comfortably. In fact, this could be said about much of Muyomi's room.

Kyoko doesn't seem to mind this however, quickly stripping down to her swimsuit, but then she looks at herself awkwardly for a moment. Then, she turns to Recette. With genuine curiosity, "If I take a shower in a swimsuit, then do I end up as clean as I would if I took it off?"

Recette gave an awkward laugh. After a moment, she answered, "Well, some of the dirt and stuff would get trapped under, so..."

She did confirm one thing though: it was just her. Here was Kyoko, acting as Kyoko as usual. Recette was the out of place one. Recette was the only one on the island who was normal.

...No, that wasn't fair.

Recette realized she'd stopped midway through disrobing. Continuing, her thoughts went off again. The two wouldn't have known what they were doing was unusual. Honestly Recette should have expected as much, considering Kyoko's stance on murder.

Down to her underwear, Recette mentally chanted, We've already bathed together, we've already bathed together...it's not weird! Even though that time was weird.

And did Recette have a right to interfere? Well, love was love, right? But it wasn't like it didn't make her skin crawl a little... How could she even approach the subject without hurting Kyoko and Muyomi?

Finished undressing, she couldn't help but take note of her wounds amongst the sweat and grime. Cuts all over, smaller ones on her hand and neck from twigs and branches in the words, deeper on her arm from the knife, deepest on her shoulder, still scabbed over.

Maybe the encounter with their parents would set a couple things straight...

Arms shielding her body, Recette went over to the shower, peeking her head in. It wasn't very big. "How are we going to make this work?" she muttered.

With Recette's logical objection, Kyoko decides to strip down all the way. Unlike Recette however, Kyoko doesn't make any effort to hide herself. Though, part of this might be due to the complete lack of a chest. Kyoko could quite possibly pass off as an effeminate boy should she choose to dress the part.

Contrasting with Recette's introspectiveness, Kyoko seemed to be in a state of bliss ever since arriving at the island. Rather than spending time brooding, she was daydreaming.

Scratching her head when presented with Recette's question, Kyoko replies plainly, "Doesn't it work like any other shower? We just wash our hair and bodies, shampoo, and condition right?"

Although Kyoko's explanation was simple, it appeared like Muyomi followed a much stricter protocol. Though, it would naturally take a lot more work to upkeep such a large amount of hair. Even just by appearances, it could be pretty easy to tell that Kyoko was a minimalist, while Muyomi had a more elegant vibe about her.

Going into the shower without further comment, Kyoko turns on the water. It comes out quite cold at first, but this doesn't phase Kyoko. She uses the time to simply wash herself off. She is standing fairly close to the showerhead, so there is definitely more than enough room to stand, though it would still be too close to cater to someone who values personal space.

Recette frowned. "There only one stream of water though..." Kyoko probably wouldn't mind but Recette wasn't liking the idea of trying to share. She was used to small shower spaces, but not because of people.

Recette concluded, "Go ahead. When you're done just leave the water on and I'll take my turn." Turning away, Recette was left to...stand there in the increasingly humid room like an asshole.

Stooping down, she pressed her knees to her chest, prodding at the ground as she waited. She tried to talk but words kept getting caught in her throat. Recette didn't want to jump the subject away from Muyomi, but the subjects she was attached too...

Finally, Recette noted, "You didn't mention that you were a twin."

Last edited:
Kyoko doesn't seem to agree with Recette's plan, "But if we just take turns, then there isn't a point to showering together silly." Pointing the showerhead at Recette, Kyoko starts running her hands through Recette's hair, occasionally down her back and shoulders. Kyoko had to lean down a bit to accomplish this, but she seemed fairly content.

Kyoko replies plainly, "It just never came up."

"Kyaaaa!" Recette squealed as still not-quite-hot water suddenly ran over her body. After a bit of fidgeting though, she relented, allowing Kyoko to do her work.

Eventually, she stood, as the shower head was better angled. It was still a bit awkward due to the lack of room, but the taste of water gave the rest of her body a craving to get clean. A quick glance down at the dirtied water clouding the base of the tub was enough to remind Recette of that.

It took some time to scrub themselves clean of the thick layers of filth, but finally the two were of suitable cleanliness. Stepping out of the shower, Recette took a towel, beginning to dry herself off.

Thinking ahead, she couldn't help but wonder, "Hey...what are your parents like?" She felt like 'generous' wasn't wholly accurate.

Kyoko remained in the shower a bit longer as Recette dries herself off. Kyoko by this point was perfectly clean. Which also exposed how little the exam challenged her. All over her body, she didn't seem to have any injuries whatsoever. Her skin looked no different than that of her twin's, despite the fact she remained inside all day.

Kyoko shakes her head, "I don't know. I can't remember the last time I've even seen them. Hmmmmmmm. Well, I think they are good people though."

"Ah...is that so..." Recette mumbled. Hanging up the towel, she began to put on her undergarments, as she had no replacements handy, nor did she want to use and of Kyoko's or Muyomi's.

"Well, once we change, we should probably fix that. They're going to try and give me stuff for being with you during the Exam, apparently." Turning back to Kyoko, she explained, "No matter what they say I'm not taking anything from them because they don't owe me anything."

Kyoko turns off the water and comes out to grab a towel. Listening with concern Kyoko once again ambushes Recette with her innocent line of questioning, "I don't really get it, but basically, you don't want to cause trouble for my parents right?"

Kyoko starts to blow-dry her hair, offering a barrier to communication.

Recette opens her mouth to answer, but Kyoko fought back with the hair dryer, forcing Recette to wait. In fact, Recette now realized the fight she was in for, and it didn't involve Kyoko's parents.

When Kyoko finally finished, Recette said, "Hold that thought." Taking the hair dryer, she began on her own hair, but without a brush of her own she was forced to improvise, fighting back the incoming frizz with her bare fingers. She got it under control though, in particular thanks to a tactical application of the hair clip she got during the middle section of the Hunter Exam's final phase.

Finally ready, she began, "Well, it'd kind of the opposite, actually. I just don't want them to trouble me. I'm going to warn you now: I haven't heard enough about them to really, well, like them. I'll probably end up troubling them depending on how this goes, I guess..."

Kyoko looks a bit lost due to the noncommittal phrasing, but she soon just accepted that she probably didn't need to understand what was meant by that. Changing the subject, Kyoko asks, "Do you think that you'll be able to get along with Onee-chan? I didn't really get why, but she seemed like she was a little stressed like things didn't go the way she wanted. I didn't really get it, but when you said you didn't want to come... I started wondering if I shouldn't have brought you. I was excited because I wanted to show you off to Onee-chan. She was worried that I wouldn't be able to make any friends, and I wanted to show off. I thought for sure that you'd like her. But maybe, I just was thinking about what I wanted..."

Kyoko admits, "I tried to pretend to be happy since I wanted to think about it longer, but I wouldn't want to say things like this in front of Onee-chan. I didn't know when we'd get another chance to be alone together. I know, you are worrying about something too. So, if you wanted to. I could listen, if that would help."

Recette shivered as Kyoko changed the subject. Turning to Kyoko, she waved her hands, "N-no! It wasn't that I got dragged here to the island, no, it's that..."

...Recette really didn't want to bring it up. Honestly she kind of wanted to just leave and have some harsh words with their parents.

And upon realizing that she'd rather talk to them than Kyoko, she knew she couldn't dodge around the subject any more.

Taking a breath, Recette stooped down again, beginning, "Do you remember how when we were going through the Exam, there were a bunch of things you did, and I said people normally don't do them? Well...relationships between siblings like...that, are kind of a...no no, to most people."

Status
Not open for further replies.