Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Room 2

Following the wordless Helen, Recette entered the next room after her. While Recette had been distracted by the two beyond the barrier, Helen looked over the rules, before letting out a sigh.

"Hmm? What is it?" Recette asked, coming over. Reading through, she winced. "Ah..." Recette groaned, frowning. She knew exactly what Helen's problem was. "So, how are we going to-"

"Try not to die."

"...Ahaha, that was the plan," Recette replied, stopping when she noticed Helen's fingertip suddenly right against her eye, making her flinch. She hadn't even percieved any movement: one moment it was there and the next...

Helen frowned, "I meant it. You're too slow." D-did Helen somehow time it do that she only moved when Recette was blinking? N-no, that'd be...crazy.

Growing increasingly concerned as Helen's previous 'funny guy' antics seemed to have been completely squashed, Helen muttered to herself, "I don't get it..."

Taking a breath, Recette said, "Well, if you can quickly take down my doppleganger, then we can team up against yours!"

Grabbing her fingertips and stretching them back, flexing her wrist, Helen agreed, "That's the idea, but if my duplicate hits you once, you'll die." Recette was starting to see the problem...

Room 3A

Olkio gives a knowing smile, "I can't say I was trying to hide it, but we haven't really seen one another much. As far as I can tell, we're the only two Nen...combatants. There's one other user, I believe, even if she isn't fully aware of the nature of her abilities.

Reading the description of the challenge, he frowned. "Well, this could be...problematic." Letting out a sigh, he dropped his cloak. His uneven black hair that rode past his ears and red burn scars on one side of his face were the same as ever, but he also wore a long sleeved brown shirt over his lanky frame, and he had some kind of satchel hanging from his belt. His long jeans were clearly singed at the bottom, as were his sandals, but his feet seemed fine.

"How ironic: we're the strongest pair, thus we have the highest challenge ahead of us now. There's a little phrase my teacher told me, but it's a bit too crass to use in casual conversation, so I'll just be clear. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be too forthcoming with the specifics of my abilities, and I wouldn't expect you to be." Sizing up the doppelgangers, he concluded, "Would you consider these 'normal circumstances'?"

Angel also reads the description but has a highly contrasting opinion. "Actually, we probably have one of the easiest challenges under these conditions. That copy of me is significantly weaker than I am. Without the ability to transmit information to its allies, it might as well not even be there. I'll just control you for a moment since that copy cannot hide from my sight. After that threat is taken down, we just need to create an opening for me to control your copy."

Glancing over, "But, I'll probably just be hiding around until I see a good chance to land a hit. Just fight yourself like normal. I'll wait for an opportunity to land an attack on myself. Just make sure you don't commit too much to an attack or defense or I won't be able to protect you when it counts. Needless to say, if you fall under the enemies' control, I will forfeit the challenge on the spot to preserve my life. You are plenty strong enough to kill me just through brute force, so there isn't any need to reveal your secrets to me. I understand that you'd want to avoid such a thing if you could help it."

Room 2

"...just use your arms to block the you, then use one of your legs to sweep the me! And I'll take it from there! With the me."

"Then what are we going to do about the me?"

"Er, well, as long as you can keep her from charging me, I can keep her off balance with my gun!"

"Hmm..."

"It'll work!"

Helen was still not reassured, and Recette wasn't sure about how to wipe the pout off that face... Feeling a tinge frustrated, Recette asked, "Do you have anything better?" Legs still crossed, Helen's face seemed to sink deeper into her palms. Clapping her hands together, Recette said, "Okay, let's do this!"

Helen hopped up to her feet, stretching, but she still seemed a tad unmotivated. She was fine earlier...what happened? She was partnered with...Kyoko? What could have happened? Recette didn't want to ask.

Pistol fully loaded, Recette took a breath, the two lining up at the barrier. Helen counted, "On go: 3, 2, 1..."

"Go!"

The two girls charged into the barrier, and the copies sprung into action. Thanks to the initiative, Recette was faster on the draw, firing at the Copy Helen. As she dodged, the genuine Helen charged up to the two Copies. But her arms went wide of C. Helen, her hand striking out like lightning, impaling C. Recette through the chest before she could ever get a shot off.

Before Recette could register their failed plan, her senses were focused on the Copy coming closer by the instant.

Room 3A

Olkio thought for a moment, before insisting, "It's nice that your doppelganger is at a disadvantage, but for me the situation is reversed." Pointing a finger, a small yellow spark spiraled out, before fizzling out on the ground. "My abilities create fire, but they have a very specific fuel source: dust. Dead skin cells, specifically. Not only is this location impeccably clean-" he gestured to the spot his spark fizzled, "-but our opponents lack a true integumentary system. The greatest sources of fuel for me and my doppelganger's abilities will be our respective bags, and the two of us." Rubbing his forearm, he admitted with a smile, "And I'm afraid the desert hasn't been kind to me in that regard."

Angel pauses to consider this new information. Then she nods in confirmation as she formulates a new plan. "That is problematic, but that just means that instead of you taking out my copy, I need to take control of my own copy. Since she doesn't have any skin that can burn, I could convert every opponent to our side through proxy. You could then melee both opponents to death. I could probably pull it off if you could create an adequate distraction. We will win by taking advantage of two important facts. First, I can protect you from my copy, but that isn't true the other way around. Secondly, if I notice an opening, I'll take control of your body to take advantage of it. You know how to play keep-away from yourself right?"

Room 2

Recette backpedaled as C. Helen bore down on her. The real Helen was still extricating herself from the defeated C. Recette, who hung limply. Recette's backpedaling didn't do her much good, but she was able to get another shot off. The bullet shot right at C. Helen's face, but she waved a hand, fingers redirecting the bullet out of the way. The fingers weren't unscathed, but it seemed like scratches to the unbleeding construct. As Recette was backed into the wall, C. Helen snapped out her palm, chopping Recette at the side of her head. Her vision spun and she felt her jaw dislocate. Her legs gave way and she slammed into the wall, slumping down. It wasn't even that strong a blow: C. Helen had used her weakened hand, and now looked at the even more damaged fingers: one of them bent awkwardly.

As Recette began to regain her bearings, holding on to her consciousness, C. Helen was pulling her foot back to deal the next blow. Just as she began to kick forwards, a matching foot hooked in from behind, stopping her. As Helen and her Copy wrestled their feet, trying to knock each other down, Recette grunted, raising her pistol. She fired, and C. Helen's good hand swiped at the bullet, which pierced the edge of her hand and grazed her head. Helen yanked back, pulling C. Helen further off balance, before dropping her foot and twirling her other one, smashing C. Helen in the face. The Copy lurched back, falling to the floor, but the blow didn't seem as decisive, as Helen's previous one against the Recette Copy: either because C. Helen was more durable, or Helen wasn't trying as hard. Helen capitalize on her weakened counterpart, leaping in and aiming a lone finger at its neck. C. Helen brought her wrists to block, and Helen's finger dug in before she stretched out her whole hand, pinning the two limbs to C. Helen's neck. Raising her other hand, C. Helen tried to struggle, but her kicks were deflected by an application of Helen's knees, and her other hand fired down, five fingers digging into C. Helen's head, stopping her movement.

Releasing her iron grip, Helen backed off, mumbling, "Jeez: the Copy didn't have any of my charm~" Seeing that the door had unlocked, marking their success, Helen bounced back to Recette going down to her side. Recette's jaw hung open, and she was clearly still in pain. Grabbing on to her head and jaw, Helen mumbled, "Hold still..." Recette whined as Helen did her duty, popping her jaw back into place. While Recette groaned in pain, Helen noted, "I didn't think you could take a hit from me and not go down for a nap. You're better that I thought."

Recette laughed weakly. She'd stand...in a little bit.

Room 3A

Crossing his arms over his chest, Olkio thought for a moment, before confirming, "I know the ins and outs of my abilities, but I still worry about you. I'll do my best to make sure our fires don't take up too much room, but one lick of flame can be dangerous, so I'll ask that you be careful."

Angel glances over with an air of confidence, "I'm pretty good at sneaking around trouble. Just keep him busy long enough, and I'll eventually find my moment." Moving through the barrier, Angel triggers the copies programming. Since she isn't visible and Olkio hasn't entered the barrier yet, they both simply thrash about the room, hoping to connect with Angel by sheer coincidence.

Taking a breath, fingers at the ready, Olkio moved in. With no idea where Angel was his steps were cautious, but C. Olkio had no such hesitance. Reaching into his satchel, he tossed out a pinch of dust. Olkio was ready, however, shooting his own yellow sparks as soon as C. Olkio's hand was moving. The dust was set alight, and C. Olkio moved back from the flame as it burned out.

Angel tried to circle around the crossfire in order to get a touch on Olkio, but Angel informs Olkio, "My copy is coming at you from the right. Try to keep her at bay by forcing her to retreat from the crossfire while moving to the left. I'm not fast, so you should be able to stay out of range, but I'll move you out of the way if my copy looks like she is going to get you. I'm going from the opposite flank of my opponent."

Consciousness briefly flooded, Olkio raised one finger, firing a spark at C. Olkio before firing another one almost straight up. As C. Angel swooped in, he dug into his pouch, tossing a puff of dust into an arc upwards. His yellow spark descended as he took cover, a gout of yellow flame flaring down, interrupting C. Angel's path. While she was slowed, however, Olkio felt a light pattering of dust, looking over to see C. Olkio bearing in, having ignored the harmless spark. Air between them filled with dust, both Olkio's fired a spark, one yellow and one red. A path of crimson burned towards him as a burst of yellow engulfed his own face.

Angel watches the situation intensely. While it looked as though her partner had just got his face burned off, several hints tipped her off to continue the plan. First, Olkio didn't seem to be in any sort of pain, even though common sense would dictate that being on fire would be excruciatingly painful. Second, the challenge was supposed to end if either of the pair were taken out. The fact that the copies still seemed to be active was proof that Olkio had some sort of trick up his sleeve. Regardless, she already managed to reach behind copy Angel's blindspot. With her focused on Olkio, it would only be a matter of waiting for her to reach out for Olkio. However, the copy was also as smart as Angel, so she saw through this ploy. She wouldn't reach out for Olkio for no reason if it meant exposing herself to the other Angel. Therefore, C. Angel simply waited by Olkio, not making a move to assault either of them. Angel seems frustrated, "We are going to have to take a risk. We could either knock out my copy and stall out the fight until she comes to, or we could use you as bait for a 50-50 gamble. Which do you think is more likely to work?"

A prickling warmth spreading across his face, Olkio managed to say through the flames, "Bait!" Both Copies were waiting, their figurative teeth bare, C. Olkio holding on to some dust with Angel simply standing there. Olkio only move backwards, closer to the corner of the room. Slipping one of his arms into a sleeve, his other reached up to his collar, pulling his shirt off. As it too caught fire, he used it to brush away at his face, leaving behind slightly redder skin, but not burnt, the dead cells consumed by the flame. He seemed to have some success brushing off the flames, the loosened cells falling off easier, but he was rather defenseless, and both Copies moved in.

As the moment of truth came closer and closer, it would all come down to who could react quicker when the opening came about. With Olkio in the corner, C. Angel finally had a chance that she could not afford to pass up. If she didn't act now, she'd be leaving her own partner vulnerable. However, Angel is able to beat herself in a reaction time contest due to having the information through both Olkio and herself, while the copy only had her own sensory information. In the span of a single second, Angel touches C. Angel, who then touches C. Olkio just a moment before Olkio would have been literal toast. Capturing them both, Angel wipes her brow. C. Angel comes out of enhanced zetsu, and C. Olkio simply drops to the surrender position. "Well, we certainly cut that one close."

Wiping his arm across his forehead, Olkio laughed, "Certainly." Looking down at his torso, his burn scars extending from his face down to his shoulder, he noted that the door wasn't open. "Excuse me," he said, before going to retrieve his cloak, throwing it over his shoulders before returning to the Copies. Raising his hand, he gave each of them an empowered strike on their necks, and they crumpled.

Angel walks towards the door in as nonchalant a way as she conducted the entire fight, "You should probably get that looked at. Most people don't light their own face on fire to dodge attacks."

Olkio blinked, before giving a light smile as he began, "Oh, this? This is normal. I only lost my dead skin cells. I have two kinds of flames, you see." Flicking his finger, a yellow spark flung out. "They all require dust to first spark, but these flames consume non-living materials, like wood, paper, or...clothes, yet leave living plants and humans unharmed." Flicking his finger again, a red spark flinging out, he explained, "These on the other hand consume only living plants and people: flesh. I never went on the offensive, so I never needed them, but if I hadn't lit myself on fire with the yellow flame after my doppelganger hit me with the dust, I'd have been rather grievously burned."

Angel nods in affirmation, but also doesn't take any particular note of this. Olkio, for someone who said they'd rather keep their abilities unknown, certainly was talking a lot about his abilities. Angel wasn't the type to reciprocate the gesture, but even if she was, she had already revealed plenty about her abilities simply through how she used them in a fight. Looking back over her shoulder, Angel avoids mentioning anything about what Olkio said to put an end to the discussion of abilities, "That was fun." Walking through the door first, Angel goes through the connecting room and finds that she reached the end.

Outside

Kyoko, Ange, Recette, and Helen were already outside, though none of the other combatants had managed to defeat their copies yet. Those who could be found outside probably engaged in combat right away like Angel and Olkio had. Knowing Helen, she probably only finished faster because she ran in without thinking about a plan of action.

"Oh, you guys made it," Recette said, waving a hand from her position leaning against the wall.

Olkio replied, "As did you. It's easy to see why you're the fan favorite."

Recette laughed, "Everyone really does say that then, huh…" Helen seemed a bit distant, however, shifting her weight back and forth as she waited.

Last edited:
Kyoko, not worried at all about this challenge, did not even bother consulting with Ange before crossing the line to begin the fight. She wasn't worried about the capabilities of her copy for one reason or another, and she already understood what synergy she could exploit with Ange. Chiming while moving erratically to dodge the attacks of both copies, "Hey, Ange, just shoot at my copy's feet for me. It would make this challenge super special easy."

Ange's first instinct was to rush into the fray to cover for her reckless partner, but Kyoko's plan was surprisingly well thought out. Since she had yet to pass through the barrier, the clones weren't attacking her. Kyoko was something of a monster, so attacking would be a lot easier without someone so destructive chasing after her. Ange knows just from observation of the fight that Kyoko was good at predicting and avoiding attacks. Even her copy wasn't trying to get a hit, but instead just applying pressure to cause Kyoko to get herself further and further backed into a corner. However, since the copy couldn't see her, she'd be unable to predict the bullet. Waiting for Kyoko's copy to start to land on the ground after a lunging strike, Ange fires her sniper rifle directly at the copy's feet. Seeing this coming, the copy attempts to activate bloodlust, but she is unable to due to her lack of emotions. As the bullet slices clean through her feet, Kyoko pulls out her sharpwire and pierces the copy's heart.

Ange then jumps into the room in order to count as participating in the fight, and take out her own copy with a direct headshot through her sniper rifle before she could even recognize her presence. Having cleared the room, Kyoko gives Ange a hug. "Thanks Ange." Though as quickly as Kyoko came, she was off towards the races. She was quite ready for the next room, phase, whatever it was that lay before her. Ange on the other hand could only laugh to herself, "I might have found someone more troublesome than Kira."

As everyone begins to assemble in the final waiting room, it is quickly spoiled that it would be the last challenge of the phase, simply on the basis that there were more than four people waiting in the room. As the final two applicants finish their challenge, Hans comes from around the side of a pillar, clapping. He clearly hadn't been in the room before just then, but nobody could tell exactly where he came from. In his typical loud, boisterous, manly voice, he let out a hearty laugh. "Applicants these days must be cream from a different crop. There were supposed to be no more than four applicants left by now. I put a lot of thought into those puzzles, but you all made mincemeat out of them." Hans pretends to punch an imaginary dummy as he mentions this, though the punch generates a breeze throughout the room.

"Allow me to congratulate everyone here for defeating yet another phase of the exam. Good job. But, now that you've made it this far, there is someone special here to recognize your efforts."

With the arrival of Kira and Citali, Recette blinked, understanding Hans' frustration: twice as many people passed as he expected. They were so close... She pumped her fist. One more, one more...

She was a bit confused when Hans said someone else was coming in. She seemed to come in after Hans, but Recette still couldn't place from there. Then she couldn't quite place what. The lace, light green, knee length dress was easy enough to parse, but she appeared to have a doggish face, ears poking out above her long green hair in front of her rounded headdress. Glasses over her big eyes, she scanned the eight Hunter Applicants.

Her eyes seemed to catch something, as she raised a hand in greeting, beginning, "My name is Cheadle Yorkshire: I'm the 14th​ Chairman of the Hunter Association."

The ground began to rumble, Recette narrowly managing to avoid letting out a brief cry of surprise. As her stomach turned, she realized the sensation: one she'd felt before. Most of the walls seemed to fade away, though the floor remained. As did one wall, which was certainly on to the rest of the airship, but the other walls became see through, allowing a window into the open air. The airship was already beginning to fly above the Charti Heights. Recette could see the Occa Desert in the sunlit west far. Beyond it, at the peak of another city seemed to be a dot, quite possibly a certain mansion. Then,, to the north, she could see the mountains, recalling a shelter that had been built there.

As the airship turned to the Rindo Oasis, Cheadle continued, "At this point, we'll be heading back to the starting point to begin the final phase..."

Hans scratched his head, as he looked back to the Heights, realizing, "Oh, I need to walk home now..." Recette somehow didn't think he was being fully serious, but he went ignored, so...

"However. -> Hunter Applicants," Cheadle interjected, drawing attention from the eight easily.

"This Exam, much like those before it, was meant to be exceptionally difficult. I, among my other colleges, have been in the process of reforming the Hunter Code for the last few years. We've been reluctant to allow many Hunters to join our ranks until we reach something satisfactory."

Hans nodded. "This is confidential knowledge you know: Hunters only."

Cheadle continued, "This year's Examiners have decided the final phase will no longer be necessary. You've passed. -> 293rd​ Exam Hunters."

Recette felt her mind blank. The jar that was her mind seemed to be filling with emotion before it spilled over. Her heart buzzed in her chest. "We passed?" Hands clasping her cheeks, she burst out, "I PASSED!?"

Laughing in elation, Recette hopped up and down, squealing. The others didn't seem to have quite the same jubilation: Olkio had a slightly more confident than usual soft smile, Helen seemed indifferent, while Citali seemed to be one part disbelief and one part relief. Realizing she was mostly alone, she tried to contain herself, but a few giggles of glee squeaked out as she tried to stay still. Her bottled emotions then seemed to fold in. Recette crouched down and her joy became damp as her eyes became weepy, face tightening as she tried, and failed, to hold back tears.

Like a homing missile, Kyoko launches into Recette with such force that she is knocked right off her feet. Wiggling her face into Recette's neck, Kyoko exclaims, "Of course you did it silly. I've been saying you could do it this whole time. I'm so happy for you, and me, and for everything."

Kira smiles, walking above Recette with a bashful Ange in tow. They were holding hands, but it seemed more like Kira's idea, and the concept of consent seemed questionable at best. "Kyoko's right, I think that for most of us, we just sort of expected you to come this far. I certainly made a killing from all the bets I've made. You were something of an underdog, but that just makes it pay better when the inevitable happens. Anyway, here."

Kira places a business card on top of Recette's forehead. She can't reach it with Kyoko pinning her to the floor, but she'd eventually be able to retrieve it. Kira continues, "I'm not the type that likes to sit still, so me and Ange are going to be parachuting down and stirring up trouble wherever we happen to land. If you ever need someone exciting, give me a call."

Kira starts to walk off, but then remembers something, "Oh, and why is Kyoko wearing a swimsuit?"

Kyoko keeps snuggling into Recette, seemingly ok with letting her answer for her.

BAM.

Recette knocked to the floor, once she was over the initial surprise, she could help but laugh again, tears still in her eyes.

She paid a bit more attention when Kira approached, her glee temporarily interuppted. "You...bet on me!?"

"Buh," she grunted as Kira placed her card on Recette's forehead. She wanted to reach it, but it soon fell to the floor.

Before she could concern herself with it further, she was asked about Kyoko's swimsuit, to which Recette shrugged. "It's Kyoko." There was a light chuckle from Olkio, as if that answered everything.

Meanwhile Helen stayed a bit off to the side, stooping down as the airship sailed along, mouth drooping into a pout as she watched Kyoko and Recette out of the corner of her eye.

Cheadle spoke, "I wouldn't be too hasty in leaving. -> Kira and Ange. You'll recieve your Hunter licences shortly after we land."

---

Feet shuffling through the dusty path of Charti Heights, Rindo barely visible through the wavy heat lines, Sybil Kurda glanced up to see the airship flying off. Face unmoving, she dropped her sunglasses over her face, wiping some of her sweat off her face before resuming her trek.

---

Coming down, the airship dropped down onto a flat topped building in Rindo City. Eyes peeled on the window, Recette swore she saw the hotel they stayed at. To think that was just a few days ago...

As the ramp lowered, Recette made sure she had everything: briefcase, Kira's business card safely within...and also Kyoko. Of course, she wasn't staying put, bolting out as soon as able. The others were a bit more lax, with Recette taking up the rear. She saw the small, familiar assistant who'd passed out the badge earlier once again making deliveries. Receiving hers, the plastic felt so...normal. There was a number on it though.

"Just to refresh your memory...now that you have you Hunter's License, you free access to 95% of public facilities, 85% of all nations, and 55% of areas the general public is not allowed in. It also has a number of other benefits limited to Hunters, though given it's value, be warned that it might be at risk of being stolen. We will not replace it."

Recette swallowed. Where should she put it? Briefcase? ...No she wanted to ditch it as soon as possible. Wallet? ...And get pickpocketed? Eyes locked on, Recette was certainly sweating a bit as she tried to think about what to do.

Last edited:
Kyoko doesn't pay much mind to any of the formalities and benefits of the card. Rather, she was just running about with the card stashed away in her swimsuit top. Chanting, "Nee-chan, nee-chan, I get to live with Onee-chan!" While Kyoko is off acting like a child, Angel approaches Recette. Sitting down on a nearby counter, Angel smiles softly, "Looks like she is happy."

Recette smiled, noting, "Well, she's been working really hard for it..." She mentally flinched as she recalled the last time they were in that weird room Hans had.

Still Recette couldn't help but wonder, "What are you going to do now that you're a Hunter?"

While Recette and Angel talked, Helen moved over to Kyoko, giggling, "So, you're going to see your sister now?"

Recette smiled, noting, "Well, she's been working really hard for it..." She mentally flinched as she recalled the last time they were in that weird room Hans had.

Still Recette couldn't help but wonder, "What are you going to do now that you're a Hunter?"

While Recette and Angel talked, Helen moved over to Kyoko, giggling, "So, you're going to see your sister now?"
Angel places her finger on her cheek, "I think I'm going to disappear for a bit. I've had my brief time in the sun, but I know where I belong. This might be the last time we ever meet again."

Kyoko turns around to face Helen, chiming, "I've wanted to do this for like ever. Just thinking about it is making me want to run up the side of a building! When I try to think about spending as much time as I want, doing whatever I want, where ever I want with my sister..." Kyoko just lets out a squeal. "Is there anyway I could be happier?"

Recette kept a smile on her face, but it was a shade forced. "Ah, is that so?" Slightly saddened, she said, "Well...thanks for everything."

A light bulb clicking on, she raised a finger, before ducking down, cracking open her briefcase. The thing was a mess after so much moving and shaking and quickly taking stuff out before throwing it back in. She soon found a pen and scrap of paper, however, jotting a few things down before handing it over. "My contact information! I mean, my dad will probably answer...oh, I can get a cellphone now!" Calming herself, she said, "Er, if you need...to get in touch with me, or Kyoko, call anytime! I mean, I doubt you'd need my help, but..."

Helen seemed thoughtful for a moment, before replying, "I couldn't imagine." Getting closer to Kyoko, she pulled the smaller girl into a hug. "Well, I should be going..."

Angel teases, "I wouldn't have guessed that you would be the one to miss me." Jumping off of the counter, Angel starts to become opaque as she gradually activates her enhanced Zetsu. "I'll know how to track you down should the need arise. Take good care of Kyoko." Leaving that at the last word, Angel completely vanishes.

Kyoko looks towards Helen with the sudden realization of the meaning of her interaction, "Helen-oneechan, is this goodbye?"

"W-well you helped me, so..." Recette replied.

Then she was gone.

Pulling back her arm with contact information, Recette said to the empty air, "Th-thanks."

Helen pursed her lips, "You already said I couldn't come with you." Squishing Kyoko's cheeks together, she insisted, "Nope too late you can't change your mind."

"W-well you helped me, so..." Recette replied.

Then she was gone.

Pulling back her arm with contact information, Recette said to the empty air, "Th-thanks."

Helen pursed her lips, "You already said I couldn't come with you." Squishing Kyoko's cheeks together, she insisted, "Nope too late you can't change your mind."
Kyoko looks at Helen for quite some time. Although Helen was trying to keep the mood light and playful, it would be quite difficult to keep that up with Kyoko looking at her so longingly. Kyoko started to try to speak, but to her surprise, nothing came out. She was at a complete loss for words. She couldn't say anything at all, and this distressed Kyoko. Since she couldn't think of anything specific to say, she closed her eyes and asked herself, what did she want out of a goodbye with Helen? The answer hit her like a brick. Quietly, "Helen-oneechan."

Helen's face seemed frozen in her typical, slight smile. "Kyoko-chan," she replied quietly, releasing her hands from Kyoko's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.