Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulling Kyoko into an even tighter hug than before, Helen shook her about. "I already told you I got a bunch of little brothers and sisters!" Setting Kyoko at arms length, Helen insisted, "Even if you don't meet them any time soon, you're still one of them to me."

Kyoko seems relieved, "I'm glad, you can get back to them." Starting to trot away, Kyoko turns to look over her shoulder at Helen. "See you later." Kyoko runs off to Recette, whom she takes by the hand. At first, she is just tugging her lightly, but gradually she starts running at around Recette's top speed. She seemed to be heading towards the hotel that they spent the night in.

"Ah-" Recette gasped as Kyoko dragged her along. Looking back to Ange, Kira, Olkio, and Citali, she managed a wave before begin dragged away.

---

Click...

Opening a small coin locker, Helen reached in, plucking out a small backpack, shaped like a silly rabbit head. Reaching in, she pulled out a bright yellow cellphone before throwing it over her shoulders. Turning it on, she couldn't help but smile as she saw so many unread messages...

---

Fingers tapping away at her phone, Helen waltzed through the alleys of Rindo, mouth absentmindedly chewing on a bread and meat thing she got at a stall. The she heard a scream from a cat. Attention piqued, she turned her course, soon coming across a mangey catch under fire from an even mangier boy, his skin dark, his clothes ratty and loosely fitting. A rock in his hand, as he pulled it back, it fell within Helen's grasp. Noticing her, he started to struggle, but he'd have an easier time wrenching his hand out from under the tire of a tractor. Yet her grip was gentle...and Helen held her food out to him, though not before breaking off a piece. The boy seemed shocked, but after carefully grabbing the offering, he began to devour it.

As he ate, Helen moved along to the cat, reaching her hand out. The cat lashed, scratching, then biting. As it gnawed on Helen's finger, it barely became red with irritation despite the ferocity of the attack. As it slowed, Helen reached out, patting it. As it seemed to calm, she offered it the food. The two now had something they'd never imagined it was possible for them to get: a big sister.

---

The doors hissed, and the fresh passengers filed onto the bus. There were only a few: among them, the big sister with a slightly cleaner cat with uneven fur in her arms, seemingly grumpy, and behind her the boy from before, more well groomed then perhaps he'd ever been in his life, though he only wore simple clothes, and his hair was still scraggly and a bit damp. He seemed sheepish as he stood on the bus, as if he did not belong, but without hesitation, the big sister wrapped her arm around a seemingly random red haired girl about the same age, before depositing the cat. Another boy, about the age of the tagalong kid came out of the blue, grabbing the big sister in a hug. She patted his head before taking a seat, reaching out to her new younger brother. He blushed as he was pulled into her lap, the two sitting behind the bus driver as the vehicle began to move.

A man, perhaps even older than the biggest sister, asked, "Eh? I thought you got rejected, onee-chan."

She laughed, "It was a big shock! I had to check and make sure it wasn't my fault."

"Oh~" cooed the girl now holding the cat. As she waved around its paw, she asked, "And what's your name?"

The boy opened his mouth, but the big sister said, "Well, he can choose." Leaning down, she spoke into his ear as her hands moved from her backpack. "You can choose whatever you want now, with only three rules. One: bothers and sisters above all else. You can ask for help from any of us."

She laid a gun in his lap. Fearful and confused, he picked it up, looking around. The girl's friends surrounded him, blocking lines of sight. No one could see anything.

"Two: you can always say no if you don't want to do anything someone asks of you." She guided his hand up, the pistol aiming at the back of the bus driver's unsupecting crown, but her fingers away from the trigger.

"Three: as long as the first two rules are respected, you can do whatever you want to do."

Freedom was what she promised.

Could she...really offer that?

Pure freedom? Anything?

If she couldn't, then...

...Click.

Giggling like children, the brothers and sisters ran from the bus accident, screams echoing behind them. The boy with the gun felt something he'd never felt before...

Alive.

Hel had treated all her brothers and sisters well. He would be no exception.

Although Kyoko hadn't yet reached any destination in particular, she started discussing with Recette, "Recette. I'm going to pick up my sister. Some people are coming to pick me up. I want to take you with me. How do you feel about that?"

Recette thought for a moment, before her grip on Kyoko's hand tightened. Thinking about what she'd heard, she confirmed, "I want to go."

Her dad wasn't going anywhere.

Kyoko smiles. Having reached the hotel that she originally stayed the night, she picks up Recette, jumps onto the wall separating the hotel's outdoor pool from the outside. Sitting down, Kyoko places Recette on her lap. Pointing her finger towards the street in front of them, she appears to be pointing at nothing. "See those men over there? They are going to try to sedate me, then take me up to the helicopter in the nearby hospital building. I'm not supposed to resist, but I'm going to be bargaining to bring you along. They want to stay under wraps, so since I have you like this, they can't make a move without taking you with me. I just need to make the point that killing you or dumping you off on a desert island isn't an option. So, Recette." Kyoko leans in and gives Recette a sweet kiss.

Kyoko didn't pull a punch in her explanation, that was for sure. What guys? Sedation? Kill me!?

Before Recette's brain could begin to settle, her eyes a bit wide, Kyoko planted her kiss. Recette zoned out for a second, knowing her burning face wasn't from the desert heat. Fidgeting a bit, she replied, "U-understood."

Shortly after Recette's reply, both she and Kyoko find a dart implanted in their respective leg. Although, there is no pain. The sedatives are so powerful that the girls can hardly process what is even happening to them. First comes weakness. Kyoko and Recette fall from the top of the gate towards the ground, caught by several men in black suits. Just as Kyoko had foretold, they were being taken towards the hospital building. Not that either of the girls would remain conscious long enough to see the trip that far anyway. Drifting off into sleep, the two girls are transported without incident.

When Recette comes to, she finds herself comfortably placed on a white leather bench. Judging by the way the room seemed to shift up and down, they were likely on the ocean. It wasn't easy to know for sure however, as the windows facing the outside were completely blacked out and bullet-proof. One of the men in black suits sat in what looked to be the driver seat, but his time seemed quite preoccupied with monitoring the girls. The vehicle itself seemed to be on auto-pilot.

Seeing Recette start to stir, the man begins to prepare something from a briefcase. Kyoko still looks far from ready to wake, but lies on a similar bench on the opposing side of the room.

"Hnn..." Recette groaned. It felt bright...

Heart starting to race, Recette sat up, flinching as blood rushed to her head. Glancing around, she just barely got a look at Kyoko on the opposite side of the room before her vision was temporarily overtaken. She groaned a little, leaning back a bit.

As her head started to stop spinning, she grunted, "Okay...have you guys ever considered not acting like shady weirdos? It's not good for PR."

Last edited:
The man looks towards Recette with quite a serious expression, but quickly it thaws into a gentleman's smile. "I never thought I was a weirdo. I won't deny we operate in a, "shady", manner, but that is how things have to be. It would be quite a problem if the world knew what we were trying to accomplish. Therefore, a level of stealth and precaution must be implemented." The man bows his head, "Thank you for keeping Kyoko company during the hunter exam. None of the team ever expected for her to be able to socialize with other girls her age, much less find a suitable girlfriend." Returning to his post the man appends, "Oh, and congratulations on passing the exam. I'm sure your Dad would be proud. If it would please you, I can send him a letter. The organization was already going to send him a check for your cooperation, so it wouldn't be any additional hassle to attach a parcel."

Recette didn't hesitate to raise a hand. "No, that's fine."

Recette's eyes flashed with recognition: she knew business. And in no way did Recette want their shady money tied into her soon to be cleared debts and future startup. "I'm a Hunter. Money isn't a problem with us anymore. And there's no need for any letter...it wouldn't be very 'stealthy' or 'cautious' either."

Sitting up properly, she noted her gun was still in its holster. Reaching into her pocket, she slipped on her sunglasses. With her foot, she also tapped something under her bench which she could only assume was her briefcase.

Leaning back into her chair, she didn't want to seem too confrontational...but it was pretty hard. Kyoko didn't really say a bad thing about these guys but Recette still wasn't pleased with what she did know.

Looking over to Kyoko...girlfriend. Recette almost blushed but now Kyoko's plan was making sense. Recette wondered, "Why is she still unconscious?"

The man shook his head nonchalantly, "We have to use a stronger dose to sedate Kyoko since her body is so resilient against external chemicals. I'd estimate that it will be another half hour before she wakes." After a few seconds, "And, if you were worried about where the money comes from, I assure you it is completely legitimate. Before working on the Agesis project, Kyoko's parents worked at a medical facility called Halo. They were the lead developers of a number of different drugs aimed at curing deadly diseases. Although they've completely changed their identity for the purpose of the project, their money is perfectly clean. I know this is soft comfort coming from me, but it would be disappointing if we were unable to give you some form of compensation for all that you've done. If I'm not to send this money, I'm certain Kyoko's parents will insist on giving you something. Please consider a way they can express their gratitude."

Recette's eye twitched under her sunglasses. 'Resilient against external chemicals' made Recette think 'we've used a number of external chemicals on her before.'

...Recette was just going to get mad at every little thing, wasn't she? She needed backup.

Waving her hand, Recette insisted, "They can bug me all they want: I'm not accepting anything. It's not about legitimacy, it's integrity. I'm paying back Kyoko for what she bought for me, no matter how much she doesn't need my money."

Looking back at Kyoko, she dared get up, before heading over to the other side. Stooping down, she began to shake Kyoko, hoping the sedatives weren't too strong.

Just like the man said, Kyoko wouldn't be waking up for some time now.

The man once again bows to Recette, "I'm terribly sorry. I hope that during your visit that we might be able to gain your trust. May I be so bold to ask what we have done to cause you to suspect us? If this was about your transport, I'll accept the full blame. I could not devise another way to ensure the secret location of the Agesis project remained confidential."

It would be too awkward to go back to the other side now...and 'girlfriend'. That word still echoed in Recette's mind...what would be a 'girlfriend' like thing to do?

...Recette had no idea: she'd been a terrible girlfriend. I mean, it was middle school... Lesson learned: guys like guns on TV but not actually shooting them, especially if you're better. The shooting range was not exactly the best place for a date, little Recette! Even if that was only, like, five years ago. What an awkward time that was.

Lifting Kyoko up a bit, Recette took a seat on the bench, before laying Kyoko's head down on her lap. Th-this is fine. Casually, she looked back up to the man before letting out a sigh, mumbling, "You guys just don't get it."

Not that Recette was surprised. Sociopaths, the lot of them.

The guard sighs, disregarding Recette. He would leave her alone if she didn't want to hear from him.

Eventually, Kyoko wakes. Although the guard claimed that she'd only be asleep for half an hour, it ended up being more like an entire hour. Even once she woke, Kyoko found herself so comfortable that she rested right there for another fifthteen minutes after she woke. After that, Kyoko held onto Recette's arm with both of her's, all while laying her head against Recette. Kyoko seemed committed to maintaining this illusion. For this reason, she remained like this for the remaining two hours over idle conversation with Recette.

Once they arrive at the island, the windows roll down, revealing that they had indeed been traveling by boat. This might not have been terribly surprising since Kyoko had mentioned growing up on an island, but now it could be known for sure. Regardless, Kyoko didn't waste any time getting off the boat. Leading Recette by the hand, Kyoko comments, "The first thing we are going to do is meet up with Onee-chan. I can't take her out of her room till I get permission from Mom and Dad, but I wanted you to meet her. I've missed her bunches."

Being dragged along, Recette smiled, her heart starting to pump for perhaps a couple reasons. "Well, we are here for her." Her gripped tightened as she thought about Kyoko's parents, the ones who put her through everything in the first place... Recette vividly remembered how roughly she forced herself to go through Hans' challenged the first time. She couldn't barely comprehend any other course of action. And chances are it was their fault. The though of confronting them certainly didn't calm her down.

The third reason her heart was pumping...actually, maybe there were four. Putting that aside, the guards didn't seem to paying them mind, even though Kyoko arriving should have been something important, right? Or you know, someone who had never been here before showing up... The skies were clear above but it didn't match many of Recette's feelings towards the place in the least.

Pushing that aside, she confirmed her motive. "Let's go!"

Being dragged along, Recette smiled, her heart starting to pump for perhaps a couple reasons. "Well, we are here for her." Her gripped tightened as she thought about Kyoko's parents, the ones who put her through everything in the first place... Recette vividly remembered how roughly she forced herself to go through Hans' challenged the first time. She couldn't barely comprehend any other course of action. And chances are it was their fault. The though of confronting them certainly didn't calm her down.

The third reason her heart was pumping...actually, maybe there were four. Putting that aside, the guards didn't seem to paying them mind, even though Kyoko arriving should have been something important, right? Or you know, someone who had never been here before showing up... The skies were clear above but it didn't match many of Recette's feelings towards the place in the least.

Pushing that aside, she confirmed her motive. "Let's go!"
Eventually, after walking quite a distance, the pair comes upon a small yellow building. Judging by the size, it couldn't contain more than a single room, though it certainly looked secure. Video cameras and hidden traps were practically littering the surrounding area. Fortunately, the traps were disarmed, but they were intimidating enough just knowing they could be activated at any moment.

As they reach the door, Kyoko lets go of Recette's hand to open the door. Nothing about the exterior could prepare one for the inside of the room. The room itself was primarily white and purple themed, but there was plenty of anime related merchandise that was brightly colored enough to compete for the overall vibe of the room. The room seemed quite practical in how it zoned its contents. On the left wall was the massive collection of anime DVDs and figurines organized into a shelf. The right wall had a very expensive gaming computer rig with several monitors set up. On the far wall, there was a large TV sized around 72'' X 108''. A large, bowl-like chair and bed were placed in a way that made it easy to view the screen from either location. The chair was particularly impressive because the area where you sat was made of wool, and one could easily curl up and lay down in it as much as they could use it as a proper chair. The bed seemed appropriately plain, it fit into the room, but it also seemed more like the sort of bed you'd find in a preteen's room than that of someone older than Kyoko.

On closer inspection, Recette might notice a figure sitting in the bowl-shaped chair. Although the shape and position of the chair made it difficult to get a good look at what they looked like, judging by the way Kyoko chased after it, it was likely her older sister. Kyoko literally pounces the chair, landing right on top of her. "Onee-chan. I missed you so much. It's been so long. I..." Just as Recette gets close enough to see beyond the cusp of the chair, she finds Kyoko making out with a girl whose features were mostly blocked by Kyoko's body on top of her. The only defining features that could be found were extremely long black hair that came down all the way to her hips, a cat ear headband, and a complexion identical to Kyoko's.

Recette's eyes couldn't help but wander the room: at least Kyoko's sister was being well kept.

Looking over to Kyoko, she had expected to see them embracing, but there was more going on than she bargained for. Her eyes widened behind her sunglasses, and her mouth hung open in stunned shock. In the swirl of confusion that followed, she could pick out a few other emotions from the maelstrom: a smidgen of joy for Kyoko's sake, a helping of elucidation, and a nasty black spot of disgust under a cloud of heartache.

Standing still, Recette awkwardly look aside, thankful for her sunglasses.

After the conclusion of Kyoko's long, passionate kiss with her sister, the sister looked ready to bring the action to the next level, but then her ears perked up. Pushing Kyoko off her left side, she sees that she had a new visitor today. Taking her hand out of Kyoko's skirt, she turns bright red and coughs. Smacking Kyoko over the top of her head playfully, "Kyoko, I get that you are happy to see me. I'm happy to see you too, but we shouldn't be rude to our guests."

Much to Recette's surprise, Kyoko's sister looked and sounded exactly like Kyoko. If it weren't for the fact that they dressed differently and kept their hair differently, it would be neigh impossible to tell them apart. Picking herself up out of her seat, Kyoko's twin introduces herself with a short bow, "My name is Muyomi. I'm Kyoko's older sister, and you are?"

Status
Not open for further replies.