Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shade heated from her fervorous ranting, Recette began to cool down at the reveal. "Ah...ah." Lowering her head, she looked down at the ground. "I should have known..." she muttered. Why else would Kyoko be sleeping!? Recette had been gone for like, ten minutes!

"Well...at least I don't need to explain myself twice," Recette noted, slightly flushed. Tapping her index fingers together, she said, "Well, if there was anything else you wanted to ask, now'd be a good time."

Kyoko dives into Recette, knocking her right off of her feet. Muyomi tosses a pillow on the ground so Recette doesn't hit her head on the ground. Kyoko pleads, "You don't owe me even one thing Recette. If I knew you felt like this, I would have been pointing out all the things you've done for me all along the way. Like that time when we first met, and that time with the den of thieves, and that time at the hot springs, and that time when... Well the point is it was a lot of times."

Muyomi appends, "My little sister isn't very good at expressing herself, but basically she doesn't want you to look at your friendship as a debt. If you want to do something for Kyoko, then do it out of a fondness and consideration of her rather than out of a sense of obligation. She helped you all those times to create memories to share together, not chains to shackle you to her."

Kyoko nods, "Yeah, what Onee-chan said!"

BAM. Floof~

Headfirst to pillow town, Recette grunted as she adjusted herself under Kyoko's weight. Allowing her head to surface, she muttered, "I guess I just naturally think of things in those terms..."

Letting out a sigh of relief, relaxing, Recette said, "Well, I don't know about you but I think we should think about getting off this boring island." Recette blinked, before reaffirming, "Not that it's been boring. I don't think that's possible with either of you two around."

Muyomi giggles, "You'll have to be patient. Mom and Dad are the only ones who can clear us off of the island, and they are in an important meeting. I did a little bit of digging, and I have strong reason to believe that they are demonstrating the fruits of their research to the sponsors. Considering that they have years worth of data, you are going to be here for at least overnight."

Kyoko snuggles into Recette's chest, seemingly uninterested in getting off of her, "So we get to have a sleepover! Onee-chan, you should order out for pizza."

Muyomi presses a button on her computer, "Just took care of it. I also got a large bottle of soda and a chocolate chip pizza to make the occasion. It isn't every day that you become a hunter. Though, out of curiosity, have either of you cleared the secret exam?"

Recette blinked. "Eh? No, not yet." Raising her hand, she lightly patted Kyoko on the head, wondering with a bit of concern, "Chocolate chip pizza? And soda? I'm not sure my teeth are ready for..."

Tick tick tick tick tick...

Shooting up, Recette blurted, "What secret Exam!?" She wasn't quite able to go all the way up though, and Kyoko's weight made her flop back down.

Muyomi covers her mouth as if she had said something she hadn't intended, but then she just gives a lighthearted laugh. "Oh, sorry. I was more asking for Kyoko's sake. It was very important that Kyoko beat the hunter exam without clearing the secret exam. Though, I thought for sure that you had Recette. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I actually couldn't imagine you being able to clear the exam without nen. You really can't see it?"

Muyomi intensifies her output just enough so that a non-nen user would feel it, even if they couldn't detect and visualize it.

As a strange...Recette wasn't quite sure how to describe it. Pressure? As that feeling seemed to drain the room, Recette let her head roll back, groaning, "I still have no idea what you're talking about, but it's starting to make sense." Her eyebrow furrowed as she mumbled, "But then how did that blind guy pass without being able to see it?"

Lost again, Recette let a few pieces click into place, before chortling, "Oh you're just messing with me again."

Kyoko replies blankly, "Onee-chan wouldn't lie about something like that. If she says that there is a secret exam, then there is a secret exam." Curiously, "But why did you think that the blind guy passed the secret exam when we never even knew about it? Could he use the ummm. What is it..." Muyomi interjects, "Nen." Kyoko exclaims, "Yeah, nen! Could he use it?"

Muyomi sighs, "Kyoko, I didn't attend the event, and neither you nor Recette are even able to see nen. Are you really going to have me hack top secret information just to learn if someone you met in passing is a nen user?" Kyoko shakes her head, "I was just curious since Recette said that..."

Recette sucked her lip in thought before admitting, "Well, apparently, none of us are really sure about what we're talking about so maybe we should just drop it..."

Curious, Recette wondered, "But can you really...hack to find information like that?" Raising her knee, Recette pushed across the ground, inching towards Muyomi, Kyoko being dragged along.

Muyomi nods, "I usually don't have a problem hacking into whatever I'd like so long as it is communicating with a device connected to the internet. There are a few places I wouldn't test my luck since my parents would be mad at me if I couldn't completely cover my tracks, but I doubt Kyoko or I would ever want information that closely guarded. I know that you won't really understand the way I do it, but basically, I can use Nen to aid my hacking attempts. For example."

Muyomi activates a nen ability completely invisible to Kyoko and Recette. After watching Muyomi's hands dance across the keys for a few seconds, a screen pops up. "Recette, this is your father's bank account information, right?"

Like on TV Recette thought, before Muyomi asked a simple question.

Letting out a low huff, she stood, finally shedding herself from the time being, before leaning over Muyomi's computer. Checking account amount: none. Recette was certain any money he had was hidden away in a boot somewhere.The credit cards were frozen, debt ticking up... Banks were was less grabby than loan sharks, so the priorities were pretty clear.

"Yup, that's...us." Recette muttered. One of those cards was in her name under their account. She felt her heart sink as she recalled that her credit had been ruined before she even hit proper adulthood. But that was over now!

Lightbulb pinging, Recette said, "Hey, we can look up a bunch of information now right? With our Hunter's Licences!" Looking back to the screen, she muttered, "I wonder what the internet knows about the others. Like Angel!"

Muyomi shakes her head, "Recette, as much as I'm perfectly capable of looking up information on all sorts of people, even you should know that I'm going to need more than just their first name to properly identify them." Kyoko chimes in, "Plus, Angel doesn't seem like the kind of person who wants people looking into her past. She likes keeping secrets."

"Well why do think I wanna know?" Recette moped.

Laying her chin on the desk, she pouted, "Did any of them even have last names?" A lightbulb clicked on her head, before her look soured and she mentioned, "Sybil. Sybil Kurda." Tilting her her head, she mentioned, "Well I'm not sure if I care about her..."

Looking over to Kyoko, she asked, "Were you interested in anyone with a last name?"

Kyoko blurts out with a big dumb grin across her face, "Recette." Muyomi grins, "I think I could do something like that."

Laying the side of her face flat, Recette frowned. "Well, if you want to know anything about me, you could just ask." Recette grimaced, "I don't want to know what the internet knows about me..."

Blinking, she wondered, "Would there be any stuff on your parents?" As she finished, there was a knock on the door.

Muyomi gets up to answer the door replying coyly, "I think there would be, but I'd want to stick to the public stuff. It isn't any good to bite the hand that feeds you. And tonight that hand is feeding us pizza." As she opens the door, one of the suits comes in to deliver the pizza. In addition to delivering the pizza, he also delivers a message.

"After you girls enjoy yourselves and this pizza, we will need to borrow Kyoko for a bit. The clients are asking for a demonstration. Naturally, there is no rush. They have no shortage of complex data to present, but please see to it that you don't keep them waiting."

Kyoko calls out, "I'll be right there after I finish my part." Jumping up from her seat, Kyoko snags the pizza boxes before Muyomi gets the chance, leaving Muyomi to the liter of soda. Gathering around the middle of the room, they just set the boxes on the floor and start taking their share. Kyoko naturally sits right next to Muyomi. In fact, so much so that most people would feel uncomfortable. Muyomi only uses her far hand just to avoid elbowing Kyoko.

Recette pouted for a moment, but the promise that Kyoko was going to be taken away, however, did put further damper on her spirits. One that was lifted by the baked crust and cheese of the pizza, admittedly.

Moving over to the floor opposite the girls, she couldn't help but feel her mouth water and she lifted her first slice and took a bite. The quality was fairly average, but compared to the lazy appetizers on the airship and the thoroughly cooked meat in the woods, the familiar, comforting taste nearly brought tears to her eyes.

Swallowing, she was about to make a comment, but she fell silent upon seeing Kyoko and Muyomi's sitting positions, instead stuff her mouth with more food, her train of thought disturbed. Trying to focus, she swallowed another bite, before wondering, "Wh-what kind of demonstration? Just you being cool or something probably, right?"

Kyoko shrugs her shoulders, "I've never done a demonstration before, so your guess is as good as mine. I'll do whatever they tell me, then I'll come back here, that is how it usually works." Muyomi appends, "More likely than not, this wasn't a planned demonstration. Judging by the guard's mannerisms, the sponsers are giving them a hard time. If I had to guess, someone wanted proof that Kyoko can perform to the standards that they claim she can. In that sense, maybe it is just going to be Kyoko showing off."

The twins take another bit of pizza in unison, seemingly mulling over the idea, then quickly dismissing it. Muyomi comments, "Anyway, we can talk about that after its over. For now, lets enjoy ourselves."

A shade relieved, Recette nodded, before returning to her food.

Unfortunately, she went at it a bit too hard, and as the meal wound down she was lying on the carpet feeling bloated. "I ate to much..." she whined.

Kyoko softly rubs Recette's belly. Muyomi giggles, "It can't be helped. You haven't had much real food since taking the Hunter exam." Kyoko adds in, "You should have seen your face when you first saw the pizza. It was like you'd just come out of a desert... Oh, wait..."

Status
Not open for further replies.