Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally stirring to the nearby chatter, Recette began to move. Though she was previously in a deep sleep, resting away the fatigue from her ordeal throughout the Hunter Exam, as she woke up she sat up rather quickly, her hair disheveled, eyes lidded if a half awake state.

Her body was sore.

All over.

With a whiny groan, she fell back, whumping to the pillow. Expecting that Kyoko and Muyomi were aware of her awakening, she moaned, "G'mrornin'."

Muyomi is the first to reply. "Morning sleepy." Switching to a lightly teasing tone, "You know, you had me worried. I was sleeping pretty soundly, but I got nervous when I never felt Kyoko join me like she usually does. Then when I noticed you were gone too, that's when I started to think something was really wrong. I was fortunate to find that my worries were unfounded. " Amplifying the teasing several degrees, "But you know, you really shouldn't sleep out in the cold, especially by the ocean. You might catch a cold."

Kyoko remarks, "Onee-chan, I thought Recette was the one who brought us back. Was it actually you?"

Muyomi giggles, "Kyoko, if you haven't noticed, Recette here isn't made of quite the same stuff as you. She's been physically exhausted since she arrived here. I bet she could barely move under all that Kyoko weight."

Kyoko gets indignant, "I'm not heavy at all. Besides, Recette's carried me around before."

Muyomi wags her finger, "Kyoko, I just told you. While you might be feeling fine, Recette doesn't have your endurance. While I'm sure she can carry you around no problem when she's at her prime, there is a difference between that and where she is right now, especially when you consider that she was at the end of a long day."

Kyoko looks guiltily in Recette's direction, "I... I umm, didn't hurt you right? I didn't mean to make you sleep out there... I'm sorry Recette."

Groaning from the bed, Recette muttered, "N-no, it wasn't that. It was...the Exam. I haven't gotten a good nights sleep siiiiince...before it started. And I've never...run so much or climbed so much or gotten hurt so much..."

With another grunt, she pushed herself up again, to the edge of the bed, throwing herself over. Stretching a bit, she let out a groan as she kinked out some of her pain. Voice strained as she continue to stretch, she said, "I'll be fine though." Releasing, she slumped a bit, before looking over to the computer, wondering, "What are you two up too?"

Kyoko chimes, "Onee-chan was just getting her stuff taken care of before we leave. I've just been sitting here watching her work while I waited for you to wake up."

Muyomi appends, "I just thought it would be a good idea for me to send an action plan to all my outstanding contacts, and to purge my system infrastructure. I can finish up whenever we need to. I figured that you would need some time to get your ducks in a row. Do you need a little something to start your day?"

Nodding along as she did her best to listen, at Muyomi's question, she said, "Well, we're going to be travelling, so...we could eat." She spoke under her breath, "Coffee would be nice."

Flopping back down on the bed, her mind raced as she began to think of everything they had to do. "Once we get to Frisko we're going to be busy..."

Status
Not open for further replies.